Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? 20:06 - Jan 21 with 5322 viewswestside

Britain leaves EU on Friday 29th March.

Swans play at Forest on Saturday 30th March.

First day after Brexit.

Could be mental by then
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:30 - Jan 22 with 1283 viewsgiantstoneater

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:09 - Jan 22 by raynor94

I bet, all your cupboards are full of tins

There`s a war on don't ya know!!
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 1267 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit will be postponed before the Forest game will be
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 11:39 - Jan 22 with 1254 viewsThornburyswan

Good point, & if article 50 gets delayed beyond 31/03 might we never play this match - worth letting Mrs May know to see if she can discuss that with the leader of the opposition . . . . . . . Oh wait, will he be willing to discuss it without taking 'no match' off the table!
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 12:12 - Jan 22 with 1231 viewsBytholWyn

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:37 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

Because, and the EU has a history of this, they calculated that they only need to give us the worst deal possible in order for the Political Class to lose their shi* and start calling for a Second Referendum which would almost certainly lead to a Remain vote. They have played the long game but, as it happens, I think they have miscalculated massively and we may well end up leaving with No Deal.

The "they need us more than we need them" is due to the fact that the EU sells us £67 Billion more than we sell them. So a No Deal, and the tariffs that go with that, would cost the EU more than us. Granted it would be bad for both of us, but the point is, it would cost them more AND they wouldn't get the £39Billion we have offered for nothing in return.

So, if the UK leaves with a no-deal Brexit German car exports to France, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, Belgium - I could go on - are going to be adversely affected are they? No, obviously not, only exports to the UK stand to be affected. Britain's trade, on the other hand, will have its trade with all 27 other EU members affected - 44% of our export trade, as opposed to 18% of rEU trade being with the UK.

Only the hard of thinking honestly believe this claptrap about the rest of the EU being more adversely affected by Brexit than us in the UK. It's basic, simple logic.

A no deal Brexit will undoubtedly be bad for the rest of Europe, but it will be so much worse for us. One of the immediate consequences will be the imposition of a hard border between ROI and Northern Ireland. I wonder how that will go down both sides of the border?
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 13:58 - Jan 22 with 1182 viewslonglostjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:33 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

I was wondering if I'd still be able to open my eyes the day after Brexit, can anyone advise?

Not sure why you’ve added the word “still” there. 😂

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? (n/t) on 14:47 - Jan 22 with 1163 viewshowenjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:08 - Jan 22 by blaenaugwentjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 14:50 - Jan 22 with 1161 viewshowenjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 22:48 - Jan 21 by BytholWyn

The idea that Europe have needed us much more than we need them is the sort of completely delusional thinking that makes me think that a no-deal Brexit will turn out far worse than the worst doom-mongering we've had to date. If Europe really needs us that badly then why exactly have the negotiations on the divorce settlement (which is all that has happened to date) gone so spectacularly badly? Might it have something to do with the fact that the UK has a population of 66 million and the rEU has population of 447 million? Trump will take us to the cleaners when it comes to a Free Trade agreement that we will desperately scramble for.

Population size has got nothing to do with it otherwise Africa would be one of the the richest countries on Earth. Conversely look at Switzerland.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 14:55 - Jan 22 with 1153 viewsAce_Jack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:37 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

Because, and the EU has a history of this, they calculated that they only need to give us the worst deal possible in order for the Political Class to lose their shi* and start calling for a Second Referendum which would almost certainly lead to a Remain vote. They have played the long game but, as it happens, I think they have miscalculated massively and we may well end up leaving with No Deal.

The "they need us more than we need them" is due to the fact that the EU sells us £67 Billion more than we sell them. So a No Deal, and the tariffs that go with that, would cost the EU more than us. Granted it would be bad for both of us, but the point is, it would cost them more AND they wouldn't get the £39Billion we have offered for nothing in return.

***The "they need us more than we need them" is due to the fact that the EU sells us £67 Billion more than we sell them. So a No Deal, and the tariffs that go with that, would cost the EU more than us. Granted it would be bad for both of us, but the point is, it would cost them more AND they wouldn't get the £39Billion we have offered for nothing in return.***

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site, hands down.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 14:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 15:14 - Jan 22 with 1119 viewsWarwickHunt

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:33 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

I was wondering if I'd still be able to open my eyes the day after Brexit, can anyone advise?

Not much point if your head is still stuck up your arse.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 16:09 - Jan 22 with 1075 viewswestwalesed

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 14:55 - Jan 22 by Ace_Jack

***The "they need us more than we need them" is due to the fact that the EU sells us £67 Billion more than we sell them. So a No Deal, and the tariffs that go with that, would cost the EU more than us. Granted it would be bad for both of us, but the point is, it would cost them more AND they wouldn't get the £39Billion we have offered for nothing in return.***

Why is it the dumbest thing?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 18:26 - Jan 22 with 1035 viewsAce_Jack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 16:09 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

Even if I explain it to you like you are a child, you’ll still dig in and won’t change your mind. I don’t have any interest in debating sea lions.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 18:43 - Jan 22 with 1029 viewsploppy

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 14:55 - Jan 22 by Ace_Jack

You must be new here.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 19:23 - Jan 22 with 1006 viewslonglostjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 16:09 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

In two words - supply chains. Think what it would mean for the employees of Airbus in Broughton for example, if tariffs were placed on goods coming in from the EU.

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 19:37 - Jan 22 with 991 viewsjackthepeg

Just heard on the news that May has called in Baldrick as special adviser, as apparently he has a cunning plan!
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:14 - Jan 22 with 974 viewsHighjack

Despite brexit I won 40 quid on a scratch card. But then I stubbed my toe because of brexit and it hurt like f*ck.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:20 - Jan 22 with 927 viewsFlashberryjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 19:37 - Jan 22 by jackthepeg

Just heard on the news that May has called in Baldrick as special adviser, as apparently he has a cunning plan!

May is playing a poker hand with someone looking over her shoulder, then telling the other player what she's got.

Not only May, but any other politician would be f*cked negotiating in that position.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:41 - Jan 22 with 908 viewsBytholWyn

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 14:50 - Jan 22 by howenjack

Population size has got nothing to do with it otherwise Africa would be one of the the richest countries on Earth. Conversely look at Switzerland.

From a pedantic point of view you have a point. So let's compare on the basis of GDP instead of population, in which case the UK's GDP was £2.935 trillion US dollars in 2018 whereas the EUs GDP in 2018 was 18.8 trillion US dollars. Taking out the UKs contribution from that figure still leaves you with an EU economy that's 5.4 the size of the UK economy.

It's quite ironic that you quibble about the population - because one of the puffed up stats that Leavers like to quote is that the UK economy is the 5th biggest in the World - conveniently ignoring the fact that the UK has a far bigger population than most countries in the World. On a GDP per capita basis the UK is down in 22 place - just below France - and below all of the Scandinavian countries - and well below the poor Irish in 5th place.

The idea that the UK would enter into any Free Trade negotiations alone from a position of strength compared to our current status as part of an EU economy that pretty much matches that of the United States in size is laughable. In fact, given our desperation to strike any sort of trade deals given that on day 1 of a no deal Brexit we would have no free trade deals whatsoever - our bargaining position will be even weaker. All other countries on the other side of the table will have stable trading relationships with every other country in the world apart from the UK - whilst we will have only WTO trading terms.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:56 - Jan 22 with 895 viewslonglostjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:41 - Jan 22 by BytholWyn

From a pedantic point of view you have a point. So let's compare on the basis of GDP instead of population, in which case the UK's GDP was £2.935 trillion US dollars in 2018 whereas the EUs GDP in 2018 was 18.8 trillion US dollars. Taking out the UKs contribution from that figure still leaves you with an EU economy that's 5.4 the size of the UK economy.

It's quite ironic that you quibble about the population - because one of the puffed up stats that Leavers like to quote is that the UK economy is the 5th biggest in the World - conveniently ignoring the fact that the UK has a far bigger population than most countries in the World. On a GDP per capita basis the UK is down in 22 place - just below France - and below all of the Scandinavian countries - and well below the poor Irish in 5th place.

The idea that the UK would enter into any Free Trade negotiations alone from a position of strength compared to our current status as part of an EU economy that pretty much matches that of the United States in size is laughable. In fact, given our desperation to strike any sort of trade deals given that on day 1 of a no deal Brexit we would have no free trade deals whatsoever - our bargaining position will be even weaker. All other countries on the other side of the table will have stable trading relationships with every other country in the world apart from the UK - whilst we will have only WTO trading terms.

Excellent post.

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 22:31 - Jan 22 with 875 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m still reeling from the revelation that Africa is a country.

Poll: Tory leader

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 23:09 - Jan 22 with 847 viewsBloodyhills

Should be OK. Nottingham is only up the road and doesn't involve any ferries.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 23:55 - Jan 22 with 821 viewsSwansNZ

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 22:31 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

I’m still reeling from the revelation that Africa is a country.

Only the South, not the North, West or East

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 23:58 - Jan 22 with 816 viewsSwansNZ

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:41 - Jan 22 by BytholWyn

It's OK, panic not, I believe an agreement has been reached with NZ to carry on with the same terms if no brexit deal.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 00:31 - Jan 23 with 796 viewsGlyn1

Hmm,, today P&O announced that its entire fleet of cross-Channel ferries will be re-registered under the flag of Cyprus, as the 182-year-old British maritime operator activated its Brexit plans. The ferries include the Spirit of Britain, the Pride of Kent and the Pride of Canterbury.

And Sony confirmed it is moving its European headquarters from London to Amsterdam.

Still, the people who said that the Brexit dead would be the easiest one to negotiate, that other countries would be queuing up to sign trade deals with us, and that we would better off economically outside the EU, are now saying that nothing is going to happen.

So that's alright then, I feel much better.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 0:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:28 - Jan 23 with 691 viewswestwalesed

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 18:26 - Jan 22 by Ace_Jack

Even if I explain it to you like you are a child, you’ll still dig in and won’t change your mind. I don’t have any interest in debating sea lions.

No need to be rude.

Please, explain it to me.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 11:10 - Jan 23 with 660 viewsAce_Jack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:28 - Jan 23 by westwalesed

No need to be rude.

Please, explain it to me.

Ok here goes, like a child.

If Angela's country has over 40 trade deals and tariff free access to the largest single market in the world, and Theresa's country has no trade deals and all her goods and services are subject to tariffs, whose economy is more f**ked?

Even fat Kims isolated tin pot dictatorship of a country has about 6 trade agreements and all they export is coal bricks and fake money.

Simple enough for you?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 11:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024