Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? 20:06 - Jan 21 with 5221 viewswestside

Britain leaves EU on Friday 29th March.

Swans play at Forest on Saturday 30th March.

First day after Brexit.

Could be mental by then
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:09 - Jan 21 with 2905 viewsandrew

No we all die once we leave the EU.

We’re not leaving the UK.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:10 - Jan 21 with 2901 viewsexiledclaseboy

You’re not being serious here are you?

Poll: Tory leader

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:11 - Jan 21 with 2899 viewshobo

I know it's another country, but Nottingham is still based within the UK
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:17 - Jan 21 with 2862 viewsJackfath

It could be windy and rainy too. Chaos.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:27 - Jan 21 with 2807 viewsjackharris

What the f*ck is going to be mental? This reminds me of all the shit that happened when it was 1999 and that so called Millenium Bug. What the flying f*ck do people think is going to happen. Europe have needed us much more than we need them. For the love of Lee Trundle I hope it is all mostly sorted ASAP so we can get on with our lives without worrying about all those nations we have nothing in common with... Except football.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:28]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:27 - Jan 21 with 2803 viewsNeathJack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:10 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

You’re not being serious here are you?

Innit.

As if we're actually going to leave the EU on 29th March.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:30 - Jan 21 with 2785 viewsGaryjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:17 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

Windy maybe, but the rain won't start until the Tuesday after.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:37 - Jan 21 with 2769 viewslonglostjack

It’ll be the day after Brexit mun. The U.K will be a land of milk and honey and everything will be brilliant. The Liberty will be rocking to the sound of football rattles and we’ll go home to a fry up of lavabread and cockles washed down with a bottle of Corona delivered by the pop man.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:50 - Jan 21 with 2725 viewsdickythorpe

Only January and this wins dullest post of the year hands down!!!
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:53 - Jan 21 with 2715 viewsSTID2017

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:37 - Jan 21 by longlostjack

It’ll be the day after Brexit mun. The U.K will be a land of milk and honey and everything will be brilliant. The Liberty will be rocking to the sound of football rattles and we’ll go home to a fry up of lavabread and cockles washed down with a bottle of Corona delivered by the pop man.

The Liberty will be rocking to The Sound Of Silence - we're are away the day after Brexit !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:57 - Jan 21 with 2694 viewslonglostjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:53 - Jan 21 by STID2017

The Liberty will be rocking to The Sound Of Silence - we're are away the day after Brexit !

😩😂👍

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:14 - Jan 21 with 2637 viewsSwansNZ

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:17 - Jan 21 by Jackfath

Any bad weather coming from Europe would surely be stopped at the border.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:17 - Jan 21 with 2622 viewsFlashberryjack

I would think the Forrest game will be called off, until we have another vote, then it might be called off again.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 21:47 - Jan 21 with 2536 viewsWarwickHunt

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:50 - Jan 21 by dickythorpe

Only January and this wins dullest post of the year hands down!!!

Decade.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 22:48 - Jan 21 with 2385 viewsBytholWyn

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:27 - Jan 21 by jackharris

What the f*ck is going to be mental? This reminds me of all the shit that happened when it was 1999 and that so called Millenium Bug. What the flying f*ck do people think is going to happen. Europe have needed us much more than we need them. For the love of Lee Trundle I hope it is all mostly sorted ASAP so we can get on with our lives without worrying about all those nations we have nothing in common with... Except football.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:28]

The idea that Europe have needed us much more than we need them is the sort of completely delusional thinking that makes me think that a no-deal Brexit will turn out far worse than the worst doom-mongering we've had to date. If Europe really needs us that badly then why exactly have the negotiations on the divorce settlement (which is all that has happened to date) gone so spectacularly badly? Might it have something to do with the fact that the UK has a population of 66 million and the rEU has population of 447 million? Trump will take us to the cleaners when it comes to a Free Trade agreement that we will desperately scramble for.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 23:05 - Jan 21 with 2367 viewsLoyal

No matter what this country is a part of nothing will change as a result.
For us it's simple, no change.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:33 - Jan 22 with 2200 viewswestwalesed

I was wondering if I'd still be able to open my eyes the day after Brexit, can anyone advise?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:37 - Jan 22 with 2190 viewswestwalesed

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 22:48 - Jan 21 by BytholWyn

The idea that Europe have needed us much more than we need them is the sort of completely delusional thinking that makes me think that a no-deal Brexit will turn out far worse than the worst doom-mongering we've had to date. If Europe really needs us that badly then why exactly have the negotiations on the divorce settlement (which is all that has happened to date) gone so spectacularly badly? Might it have something to do with the fact that the UK has a population of 66 million and the rEU has population of 447 million? Trump will take us to the cleaners when it comes to a Free Trade agreement that we will desperately scramble for.

Because, and the EU has a history of this, they calculated that they only need to give us the worst deal possible in order for the Political Class to lose their shi* and start calling for a Second Referendum which would almost certainly lead to a Remain vote. They have played the long game but, as it happens, I think they have miscalculated massively and we may well end up leaving with No Deal.

The "they need us more than we need them" is due to the fact that the EU sells us £67 Billion more than we sell them. So a No Deal, and the tariffs that go with that, would cost the EU more than us. Granted it would be bad for both of us, but the point is, it would cost them more AND they wouldn't get the £39Billion we have offered for nothing in return.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:38 - Jan 22 with 2186 viewsLeonWasGod

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 20:09 - Jan 21 by andrew

No we all die once we leave the EU.

We’re not leaving the UK.

Shhh, don't tell Trampie
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:42 - Jan 22 with 2166 viewsWarwickHunt

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:37 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

Because, and the EU has a history of this, they calculated that they only need to give us the worst deal possible in order for the Political Class to lose their shi* and start calling for a Second Referendum which would almost certainly lead to a Remain vote. They have played the long game but, as it happens, I think they have miscalculated massively and we may well end up leaving with No Deal.

The "they need us more than we need them" is due to the fact that the EU sells us £67 Billion more than we sell them. So a No Deal, and the tariffs that go with that, would cost the EU more than us. Granted it would be bad for both of us, but the point is, it would cost them more AND they wouldn't get the £39Billion we have offered for nothing in return.

Bonkers mental.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:49 - Jan 22 with 2143 viewsgiantstoneater

Troops are on standby so HMG might be expecting some sort of protest/public order so the op might not be wide of the mark.
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:07 - Jan 22 with 2106 viewsWarwickHunt

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:49 - Jan 22 by giantstoneater

Troops are on standby so HMG might be expecting some sort of protest/public order so the op might not be wide of the mark.

There’ll be mutterings under the breath of OAPs in post office and supermarket queues all over the north. Social workers are on stand-by to administer biscuits and cups of tea with the queen’s picture on.

Staff at the Sun, Mail, Express and Telegraph have been told to be prepared to cancel holiday plans.

Hey - let’s be careful out there!
Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:08 - Jan 22 with 2105 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 22:48 - Jan 21 by BytholWyn

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:09 - Jan 22 with 2097 viewsraynor94

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 09:49 - Jan 22 by giantstoneater

I bet, all your cupboards are full of tins

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:16 - Jan 22 with 2083 viewsLeonWasGod

Could Forest away be postponed due to Brexit ? on 10:09 - Jan 22 by raynor94

I bet, all your cupboards are full of tins

Don't joke, my missus has started stockpiling
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024