Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A minutes Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter 20:31 - Jan 21 with 3929 viewsAndy1300

[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:53]

Number 1 team in Wales

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:36 - Jan 21 with 3902 viewsjackharris

Bristol City are home in the FA Cup on Friday would they not be doing the minutes applause in that match? I’m sure everyone would join in, if the applause is a week on Saturday.

Edit: Just been reading their message board really sad, first diagnosed with cancer at 23, and was given the all clear but it returned and he had a 20 year battle. He was very brave and loved his football. It mentions Friday night for their minutes applause.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:42]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:41 - Jan 21 with 3870 viewsSTID2017

RIP Marcus.
If it happens would fully expect Swans fans to a man to join in

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:43 - Jan 21 with 3860 viewsGaryjack

I'm sorry, but i don't agree with this type of thing. Whilst very sad, it should be up to Bristol City to organise an applause before the game begins. Who knows what happens in a game of football? What if either team score, or something of a drama like a sending off/ bad foul etc? How would that sit with the family? Have a protest at a certain time during the game by all means, but don't use a point in the game to pay respect to someone who has passed away.
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:52 - Jan 21 with 3796 viewsAndy1300

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:43 - Jan 21 by Garyjack

I'm sorry, but i don't agree with this type of thing. Whilst very sad, it should be up to Bristol City to organise an applause before the game begins. Who knows what happens in a game of football? What if either team score, or something of a drama like a sending off/ bad foul etc? How would that sit with the family? Have a protest at a certain time during the game by all means, but don't use a point in the game to pay respect to someone who has passed away.

We've never done it at the liberty then?

With all respect, I think the majority of us there will take part in this

Number 1 team in Wales

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:56 - Jan 21 with 3763 viewsGlyn1

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:43 - Jan 21 by Garyjack

I'm reluctantly agreeing with Garyjack.

More than 2,000 people die in this country every day, so should clubs be doing this for someone at every match from now on? I don't see how his family will be comforted by random applause from strangers who never knew him.

Contribute to anti-cancer collections but I don't really see the point of this.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:56]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:58 - Jan 21 with 3741 viewsGaryjack

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:52 - Jan 21 by Andy1300

We've never done it at the liberty then?

With all respect, I think the majority of us there will take part in this

I'm not saying we wont Andy. And if we score, or Bristol for that matter, you think everyone will carry on with the minutes applause? Not for me i'm sorry, and no, i don't think we've done anything like that at the Lib. Can you give me an example?
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:01 - Jan 21 with 3718 viewsexiledclaseboy

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:58 - Jan 21 by Garyjack

I'm not saying we wont Andy. And if we score, or Bristol for that matter, you think everyone will carry on with the minutes applause? Not for me i'm sorry, and no, i don't think we've done anything like that at the Lib. Can you give me an example?

We did it a few weeks ago for Kevin Austin didn’t we? They put his picture up on the big screen on three minutes and there was applause.

But on principle I think you’re right.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 21:20]

Poll: Tory leader

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:02 - Jan 21 with 3706 viewsAndy1300

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:01 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

We did it a few weeks ago for Kevin Austin didn’t we? They put his picture up on the big screen on three minutes and there was applause.

beat me to it

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:08 - Jan 21 with 3670 viewscmajack

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:01 - Jan 21 by exiledclaseboy

Even darran moore the west brom manager applauded at that time.
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:11 - Jan 21 with 3658 viewsGaryjack

What! You seriously think i would be in the ground for the first 3 mins!

I once went to the pub after a game at the Vetch against Torquay thinking we'd drawn 0-0 only to find out we'd lost 1 nil!
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:15 - Jan 21 with 3639 viewsGaryjack

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:02 - Jan 21 by Andy1300

beat me to it

Were Kevin's family in attendance? Either way, it's a no from me Andy. Still, if it's going ahead, i hope our fans do show respect.
A minutes Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 22:17 - Jan 21 with 3470 viewsbonymine

Sounds very worthy of a clap Gents look forward to it 💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 23:17 - Jan 21 with 3359 viewsLoyal

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:56 - Jan 21 by Glyn1

More than 2,000 people die in this country every day, so should clubs be doing this for someone at every match from now on? I don't see how his family will be comforted by random applause from strangers who never knew him.

How many are born every day?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

A minutes Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 23:38 - Jan 21 with 3346 viewsbuilthjack

It should be done just before kick off

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 00:00 - Jan 22 with 3326 viewsGaryjack

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 23:17 - Jan 21 by Loyal

How many are born every day?

Not sure, but it is a fact that out of every person who has lived and died, 10% are still alive today!
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 05:48 - Jan 22 with 3219 viewspencoedjack

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:56 - Jan 21 by Glyn1

Fuking ell

You sound a bundle of fun
A minutes Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 06:58 - Jan 22 with 3166 viewsSWANSEYE

Not a problem . .let's show how good the Jacks are guys
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 3022 viewsLeonWasGod

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:36 - Jan 21 by jackharris

Bristol City are home in the FA Cup on Friday would they not be doing the minutes applause in that match? I’m sure everyone would join in, if the applause is a week on Saturday.

Edit: Just been reading their message board really sad, first diagnosed with cancer at 23, and was given the all clear but it returned and he had a 20 year battle. He was very brave and loved his football. It mentions Friday night for their minutes applause.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:42]

Yeah - Trund's is talking about when we play them at their place on Sat 2nd Feb, not this weekend. (It was making no sense to me until I saw the replies below his tweet).

So, yep of course our away fans will join in. It's a given.

B@stard disease.
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 10:57 - Jan 22 with 2937 viewsLoyal

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 00:00 - Jan 22 by Garyjack

Not sure, but it is a fact that out of every person who has lived and died, 10% are still alive today!

It's incredible how it all balances out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 18:43 - Jan 22 with 2649 viewsSTID2017

My wife died from cancer last July.
She wasn't a football supporter (in fact hated the bloody game) so it wouldn't have been appropriate.
If she had been a Swans supporter I would have been proud as punch if fellow Jacks had taken one minute out of their lives to applaud or whatever, as would the rest of our family.
So I will 100% support remembering a fellow supporter taken by a bloody awful disease

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:01 - Jan 22 with 2533 viewsTNT

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 18:43 - Jan 22 by STID2017

She wasn't a football supporter (in fact hated the bloody game) so it wouldn't have been appropriate.
If she had been a Swans supporter I would have been proud as punch if fellow Jacks had taken one minute out of their lives to applaud or whatever, as would the rest of our family.
So I will 100% support remembering a fellow supporter taken by a bloody awful disease

This

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:36 - Jan 22 with 2434 viewspencoedjack

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:01 - Jan 22 by TNT

This

Seconded
3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 20:40 - Jan 22 with 2419 viewssainthelens

3 mins Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 18:43 - Jan 22 by STID2017

A wonderful post. Good on ya fella.
A minutes Applause at Bristol City game - Trundle on Twitter on 21:24 - Feb 1 with 1758 viewsAndy1300

Lets get behind this tomorrow guys.

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024