Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sala 06:58 - Jan 22 with 46396 views34dfgdf54

edit
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 7:01]
Sala on 12:27 - Jan 22 with 4753 viewsDr_Winston

Sala on 11:37 - Jan 22 by trampie

Its noted you Dumbo, its the bay of Biscay area init like.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:39]

Nantes to Cardiff doesn't go over the Bay of Biscay.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sala on 12:28 - Jan 22 with 4732 viewsJonathans_coat

Sala on 11:52 - Jan 22 by sainthelens

Fair point pal, but if you are prepared to pay 15 million for a human being, why not put them in a first class seat/jet ?

True enough.

But didn’t we fly Gomis into Swansea airport from Lyon in a very similar aircraft. If memory serves that was a Piper PA-28 (Cherokee) or PA-32. Both are smaller and older than the PA-46 (Malibu) in this instance.

Hope both occupants are found alive and well, as unlikely as that seems. Awful for the families and friends.
Sala on 12:37 - Jan 22 with 4640 viewsJonathans_coat

Sala on 12:21 - Jan 22 by MrSwerve

Blimey, no wonder there are so many people afraid of aviation.

The Piper Malibu has a full glass cockpit and is fully certified to be flown in IFR conditions, through clouds, rain, wind and at night. It’s got a 1000 nautical mile range. It’s got a ceiling of 25-30,000 feet. This isn’t a microlight!

Diversions are up to the pilot, and if he had planned sufficiently enough. Apparently the weather at the time was within the aircraft’s tolerance.

Who knows if there was a failure which has led to this tragedy. But failures happen on Boeing 787s too.

Something was definitely wrong in my opinion. Why was the plane only at 5,000 ft an hour into the flight? Way too low for that aircraft on that route. Hearing reports that they had trouble taking off (2/3 attempts). If that’s the case why continue?
Sala on 12:38 - Jan 22 with 4626 viewstrampie

Sala on 12:27 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

Nantes to Cardiff doesn't go over the Bay of Biscay.

Didn't say otherwise, but Nantes is close to the Bay of Biscay which is notorious.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 13:06]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sala on 12:38 - Jan 22 with 4635 viewsjackharris

Sala on 12:28 - Jan 22 by Jonathans_coat

True enough.

But didn’t we fly Gomis into Swansea airport from Lyon in a very similar aircraft. If memory serves that was a Piper PA-28 (Cherokee) or PA-32. Both are smaller and older than the PA-46 (Malibu) in this instance.

Hope both occupants are found alive and well, as unlikely as that seems. Awful for the families and friends.

The difference being Gomis was signed on 27th of June. The middle of summer with long days of sunshine.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Sala on 12:45 - Jan 22 with 4526 viewspikeypaul

The pilot requested permission to decent from Jersey air traffic control so obviously something was amiss.

Radio 5 just had a French football correspondent describing his style of play,he used very unfortunate wording,I will not repeat it.

Just hope the both are found alive and well but that seems unlikely.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sala on 12:54 - Jan 22 with 4445 viewsJinxy

Very sad. As someone said, the timing of the search having to be called off due to the light added to their plight perhaps - apparently flares were seen but then lost again. Very cold waters this time of year too. Sad.
Sala on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 4173 viewsmonmouth

I agree that it is just another shitty event in a world of shitty events, but this IS a football site, and Cardiff ARE our bitter cousins. So this deserves prominence for the poor lad.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 13:55]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Sala on 14:02 - Jan 22 with 3891 views1983

Sala on 14:08 - Jan 22 with 3847 viewsnantywatcher

Sala on 14:02 - Jan 22 by 1983

You are a sick dude and seriously need treatment. P155 of from this site you moron.
Sala on 14:10 - Jan 22 with 3817 viewsDarran

Sala on 14:08 - Jan 22 by nantywatcher

You are a sick dude and seriously need treatment. P155 of from this site you moron.

Don’t make it worse just ignore it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sala on 14:13 - Jan 22 with 3810 viewsraynor94

Sala on 14:10 - Jan 22 by Darran

Don’t make it worse just ignore it.

Very sound advice

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sala on 14:18 - Jan 22 with 3766 viewstrampie

I think its a terrible tragedy, RIP.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Sala on 14:26 - Jan 22 with 3718 views1983

That was the reply to the person that deleted my original post

Sala on 14:31 - Jan 22 with 3689 viewsCardiffBob

Sala on 10:29 - Jan 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Sickening is the word. How awful, I can barely believe it.

Thank you all for your kind words. As you can imagine we're all dumbstruck up here.

What a terrible day.

Much love and good luck for the rest of the season.
Sala on 14:34 - Jan 22 with 3652 viewsFlashberryjack

Sala on 09:58 - Jan 22 by Darran

Awful news,if only we knew what was around the corner.

Sometimes it's better if we don't.

Very sad news indeed.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sala on 15:36 - Jan 22 with 3343 viewsMrSwerve

Sala on 12:37 - Jan 22 by Jonathans_coat

Something was definitely wrong in my opinion. Why was the plane only at 5,000 ft an hour into the flight? Way too low for that aircraft on that route. Hearing reports that they had trouble taking off (2/3 attempts). If that’s the case why continue?

Could have been flying VFR below the clouds, 5000 isn’t too drastic for the length of flight, but yes it is a little low. I guess we can’t make any assumptions without the facts about the flight.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sala on 15:51 - Jan 22 with 3249 viewspencoedjack

Sad for the lads family.

RIP
Sala on 16:58 - Jan 22 with 2964 viewsjackharris

16.54 'Number of floating objects found in water'

Guernsey Police have just released the latest update.

It says “a number of floating objects have been seen in the water” but that there are “no signs of those on board”. It adds that chances of survival at this stage are “slim”.

The statement says: “During the course of the 15-hour search, which used multiple air and sea assets from the Channel Islands, UK and France, a number of floating objects have been seen in the water. We have been unable to confirm whether any of these are from the missing aircraft.

“We have found no signs of those on board. If they did land on the water, the chances of survival are at this stage, unfortunately, slim. Two planes and a lifeboat are still searching. A decision about an overnight search will be taken shortly.”

[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 16:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Sala on 17:03 - Jan 22 with 2942 viewsjohnlangy

Terrible news. I won't say RIP yet.
Sala on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 2910 viewsMrSwerve

Terrible news, JH.

You'd have to say at this stage, it's really not looking good at all.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sala on 17:15 - Jan 22 with 2832 viewsProfessor

Sala on 17:06 - Jan 22 by MrSwerve

Terrible news, JH.

You'd have to say at this stage, it's really not looking good at all.

Sadly it's going to take a miracle now. Awful for family and friends of those onboard. The waiting is the worst part in so many ways. Terrible for our neighbours too. Good to see some class and dignity on here, as they showed Leicester.

Let's just hope there is that miracle.
Sala on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 2774 viewsJackfath

Dreadful news. 😢

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sala on 17:44 - Jan 22 with 2661 viewsOptimisticJack

I'm currently on holidays. Since first hearing the dreadful news this morning this lad has been on my mind all day.

Optimisticjack

Sala on 17:59 - Jan 22 with 2572 viewslondonlisa2001

What terrible news for the young man, his family and friends and the pilot and his family and friends.

An awful shock for fans of Nantes and Cardiff as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024