Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. 16:16 - Jan 22 with 5117 viewsWxmJax

Big Brexit supporter but nothing to do with Brexit apparently.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:23 - Jan 23 with 965 viewslonglostjack

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 19:08 - Jan 23 by Jango

It’s not that I refuse to understand I just have a different view to you. With Singapore now getting free access to the EU then just maybe they would rather run the whole operation from over there and would have done so regardless of Brexit.

Look at it this way. If Brexit wasn’t happening and Dyson made this announcement, would you say it’s a bad business move?

Just to reiterate- the EU has signed a free trade deal with Singapore. The kind of deal that Liam Fox aka Captain Mainwaring could only dream of. What’s not to like Jango?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:34 - Jan 23 with 956 viewsJango

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:23 - Jan 23 by longlostjack

Just to reiterate- the EU has signed a free trade deal with Singapore. The kind of deal that Liam Fox aka Captain Mainwaring could only dream of. What’s not to like Jango?

Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong said his country is ready to strike a trade deal with the U.K., which would come into effect at the end of any Brexit transition period.

“We can do what the trade people call in the jargon a short-form agreement, which is basically to continue to do with Britain what we have agreed to do with the EU as if you [U.K.] were still inside it,”

Lee is attending the Asia-Europe summit in Brussels Friday to sign a new Singapore-EU trade deal, which will then need to be ratified by EU countries.

He said that agreeing the terms of the EU trade deal with the U.K. is something Singapore is prepared to do. “We hope we will be able to continue arrangements with Britain, whether or not it is inside the EU … and then we have time to work some better long-term arrangements over time.”

Lee said he has discussed such an arrangement with U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May, adding it would apply straight away, once the transition period ended.

I suppose after reading this I don’t like the fact it’s taken EU so long to strike a deal. Plus the fact he believes we could strike a better deal over time tells me the EU hasn’t agreed a deal that completely satisfies Lee.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 21:41]
Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:52 - Jan 23 with 934 viewssherpajacob

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46965761

Luke Johnson a,businessman who backed vote leave is chairman of collapsed business being investigated for fraudulent financial irregularities.

Also in the news, Pope attends mass and Bear craps in woods.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 22:07 - Jan 23 with 920 viewslonglostjack

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:34 - Jan 23 by Jango

Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong said his country is ready to strike a trade deal with the U.K., which would come into effect at the end of any Brexit transition period.

“We can do what the trade people call in the jargon a short-form agreement, which is basically to continue to do with Britain what we have agreed to do with the EU as if you [U.K.] were still inside it,”

Lee is attending the Asia-Europe summit in Brussels Friday to sign a new Singapore-EU trade deal, which will then need to be ratified by EU countries.

He said that agreeing the terms of the EU trade deal with the U.K. is something Singapore is prepared to do. “We hope we will be able to continue arrangements with Britain, whether or not it is inside the EU … and then we have time to work some better long-term arrangements over time.”

Lee said he has discussed such an arrangement with U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May, adding it would apply straight away, once the transition period ended.

I suppose after reading this I don’t like the fact it’s taken EU so long to strike a deal. Plus the fact he believes we could strike a better deal over time tells me the EU hasn’t agreed a deal that completely satisfies Lee.

To get a good trade deal means years of tough negotiations. It’s not about completely satisfying Mr Lee, Mr Xi Jinping or Donald Trump.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 22:10]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 02:34 - Jan 24 with 884 viewsDJack

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:11 - Jan 23 by AnotherJohn

I still think this is more about access to the Chinese market via the other FTA. Dyson would obviously like to sell as much as he can in the EU, but believes that the 2017 directive on vacuum cleaners disadvantages his products in that market.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/66108/dyson-loses-lawsuit-over-eu-energy-tests

He has been looking more to the USA and Asia for sales growth.

Still awful timing for such a decision if he wants to assist the Leave cause, and not good for UK PLC.

Methinks you've been asleep for some time...

https://news.sky.com/story/dyson-wins-court-decision-on-eu-vacuum-cleaner-energy

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 09:03 - Jan 24 with 833 viewsWarwickHunt

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 21:34 - Jan 23 by Jango

Singapore! Yippee! Rejoice!

All aboard the Golden Unicorn Express to Sunlit Uplands Central.

Straws. Clutching.
Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 09:22 - Jan 24 with 820 viewsJango

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 09:03 - Jan 24 by WarwickHunt

Singapore! Yippee! Rejoice!

All aboard the Golden Unicorn Express to Sunlit Uplands Central.

Straws. Clutching.

Ye it was in reply to LonglostJacks sarcastic question you absolute belter.
Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 09:31 - Jan 24 with 812 viewsWarwickHunt

Dyson HQ moving to Singapore. on 09:22 - Jan 24 by Jango

Ye it was in reply to LonglostJacks sarcastic question you absolute belter.

Yes, I know, you colossal fûcking biff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024