Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread 15:40 - Jan 23 with 18224 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 12:43]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 6801 viewsangryjack

Taking my mam Saturday first time in years as Steve's late father Alan was her older brother,she looking forward to it.
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:34 - Jan 23 with 6795 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:30 - Jan 23 by angryjack

Taking my mam Saturday first time in years as Steve's late father Alan was her older brother,she looking forward to it.

So Steve is your cousin, should be a lovely family occasion.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 6779 viewsangryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:34 - Jan 23 by jackharris

So Steve is your cousin, should be a lovely family occasion.

Yes Steve my cousin his mam Brenda and sister Julie be there as well.
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 20:36 - Jan 23 with 6713 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:41 - Jan 23 by angryjack

Yes Steve my cousin his mam Brenda and sister Julie be there as well.

That should be a great family day out for you all ; Alan was from Dunvant I believe yeah ? ( I went to Dunvant Junior School & Olchfa).

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 23 with 6699 viewsbonymine

Any thoughts on a ‘tribute’ to Sala on Saturday ?

Maybe a minute’s applause in the 27th minute as it was going to be his shirt number ?

Rise above the rivalry I say and pay our respects to two people who’ve lost their lives in tragic circumstances .....and before anybody brings up the Alan Davies & Terry Coles chants I believe that we should be bigger and better than that and not stoop to their level of bitterness and ignorance .......

STID.....Together Stronger 💪💪💪

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 23 with 6655 viewsangryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 20:36 - Jan 23 by bonymine

That should be a great family day out for you all ; Alan was from Dunvant I believe yeah ? ( I went to Dunvant Junior School & Olchfa).

Alan was from mayhill and Brenda from the hafod,but moved to dunvant when they were married....
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 22:14 - Jan 23 with 6644 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 23 by angryjack

Alan was from mayhill and Brenda from the hafod,but moved to dunvant when they were married....

Oh right I thought there was a connection 👍

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 09:03 - Jan 24 with 6553 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 23 by bonymine

Maybe a minute’s applause in the 27th minute as it was going to be his shirt number ?

Rise above the rivalry I say and pay our respects to two people who’ve lost their lives in tragic circumstances .....and before anybody brings up the Alan Davies & Terry Coles chants I believe that we should be bigger and better than that and not stoop to their level of bitterness and ignorance .......

As sad as it is, did any other club have a minute applause for Kevin Austin? It's a personal occasion just for them as it was for us.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 24 with 6428 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 23 by bonymine

Why?

Will the call for Yanks out be before or after our support for a player who has had no connection to us and hasn't been pronounced dead yet?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 15:17 - Jan 25 with 6299 viewsunion_jack

My view is no need. The only reason there may be a connection is because he’d signed for our ‘nearest and dearest’. If he was on his way to any other club I doubt we’d be discussing it.

It’s been incredibly tragic but so many things are that we don’t acknowledge, and rightly so.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 23:16 - Jan 25 with 5961 viewsowainglyndwr

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 24 by Badlands

Why?

Will the call for Yanks out be before or after our support for a player who has had no connection to us and hasn't been pronounced dead yet?

Funny you should say that, I was watching the last 30 min of Arsenal v Man u game with the players wearing black arm bands, and just thought it would be mad if they would find them alive.
Very unlikely I know
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 5771 viewsGowerjack

Lets not .

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 10:32 - Jan 26 with 5694 viewsSTID2017

This 100%
Would guess they'll go with applause before the game like at Arsenal ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 11:10 - Jan 26 with 5638 viewsSkettyJack

Looking forward to this, taking my four year old to his first game
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 11:16 - Jan 26 with 5626 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 10:32 - Jan 26 by STID2017

This 100%

If there is to be any tribute at all, this is not one that warrants a minutes applause. It should be a minutes silence as the incident is tragic and two people lost their lives far too early.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 11:17 - Jan 26 with 5624 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 10:32 - Jan 26 by STID2017

This 100%

He may still be alive!
Until declared dead he is officially alive.

No minute of anything from me.
Nothing to do with us.
Not a football servant.
Had anyone heard of him?
Why not include the pilot?

Far too much 'holier than thou' public hand wringing, arm banding for all and sundry.

I don't recall a national day of mourning for Besian (rightly so) but our club and team members showed how much he meant to us.

Let their family, friends and colleagues do all they can.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 12:12 - Jan 26 with 5541 viewsThrasher6

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 11:17 - Jan 26 by Badlands

He may still be alive!
Until declared dead he is officially alive.

No minute of anything from me.
Nothing to do with us.
Not a football servant.
Had anyone heard of him?
Why not include the pilot?

Far too much 'holier than thou' public hand wringing, arm banding for all and sundry.

I don't recall a national day of mourning for Besian (rightly so) but our club and team members showed how much he meant to us.

Let their family, friends and colleagues do all they can.

Good post

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:03 - Jan 26 with 5274 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie or Celina on the wing again?
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 26 with 5207 viewsGlyn1

So the gloves are off and the manager is going with our strongest team, which is a great statement of intent by him. There's nothing "barebones" in that selection.

Or perhaps he's decided that reaching the play-offs is unlikely so why not focus on the Cup.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:13 - Jan 26 with 5146 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 26 by Glyn1

So the gloves are off and the manager is going with our strongest team, which is a great statement of intent by him. There's nothing "barebones" in that selection.

Or perhaps he's decided that reaching the play-offs is unlikely so why not focus on the Cup.

I'm not sure a team without quality width is our strongest to be honest. Two strikers and two players that play much better as 10's as our attacking unit.

It's only Gillingham, though. Should be fine...
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:18 - Jan 26 with 5112 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:13 - Jan 26 by jasper_T

I'm not sure a team without quality width is our strongest to be honest. Two strikers and two players that play much better as 10's as our attacking unit.

It's only Gillingham, though. Should be fine...

Montero and Dyer are both on the subs bench if required.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:24 - Jan 26 with 5066 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:08 - Jan 26 by Glyn1

Wish that carlos did the same last season
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:24 - Jan 26 with 5065 viewstheloneranger

They need to keep any crosses away from the Gillingham keeper ...

He's 6ft 9

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:27 - Jan 26 with 5037 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:24 - Jan 26 by theloneranger

They need to keep any crosses away from the Gillingham keeper ...

He's 6ft 9

That means that he should have trouble getting down to low shots, if we can manage to get one on target that is.
The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:34 - Jan 26 with 4978 viewsoldtownjack

The Official Swansea City vs Gillingham FC FA Cup 4th Round Match Thread on 14:24 - Jan 26 by Fireboy2

Wish that carlos did the same last season

Me too. I'm still fuming about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024