Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread 09:49 - Jan 27 with 8771 viewsJackfath

Looking forward to this. Wales win Friday then the tournament is theirs for the taking. Let's hope a rusty French team appear on the night.

I'm also looking forward to it as it's the time of year when people who dislike rugby tell those that do that they don't like it and nobody else does for 11 months of the year etc etc etc...

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 09:58 - Jan 27 with 2728 viewslifelong

Packed sporting venues full of women wearing daffodil hats..I can’t wait.
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 10:14 - Jan 27 with 2709 viewsBrynCartwright

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 09:58 - Jan 27 by lifelong

Packed sporting venues full of women wearing daffodil hats..I can’t wait.

How I loathe the few men that wear them, the pissed-up gurning idiots.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:12 - Jan 27 with 2658 viewssherpajacob

Friday's game is vital.

Win and championship is a realistic possibility, lose and we will struggle.

A draw in Dublin on Saturday is probably too much to ask?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:20 - Jan 27 with 2648 viewsdickythorpe

All bar Italy have a chance this year.

Wales as always if they win first game can go all the way. We dont seem to panic too much .
Alun Wyn a key man and I think Biggar will start on Friday.

England as always strong and have some very talented players , many of which aren't regulars yet.

Ireland will be up for it but I wonder if they've had it all their own way for too long now. They've beaten the all blacks and think they're unbeatable.

Don't write off France and Scotland, give them an inch and they've got skills on their day to beat anyone.

Italy, well guaranteed they'll have 60 mins of good rugby in them somewhere but fall short in final quarter.

It's a great tournament and all will look for momentum for the World Cup in September.
I don't think there'll be a Grand Slam and all will be decided on last weekend.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 13:22]
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:23 - Jan 27 with 2640 viewsbuilthjack

Any fresh teams in this year?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 2631 viewsJackfath

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:23 - Jan 27 by builthjack

They should all be fresh although the professional game these days dictates there'll be many injuries before teams are announced and also during the tournament.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 15:11 - Jan 27 with 2579 viewssainthelens

Ireland close on being certs to win it shirley.
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 15:59 - Jan 27 with 2551 viewsdickythorpe

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:28 - Jan 27 by Jackfath

They should all be fresh although the professional game these days dictates there'll be many injuries before teams are announced and also during the tournament.

This concussion rule is raising my suspicions.....halfpenny I obviously think he has genuine issues and is correctly being rested...... Moriarty? I think I once he had a bang before Xmas and with all our back row injuries the WRU wrapped him in cotton wool......I may be totally wrong though.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 15:59]
Login to get fewer ads

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:04 - Jan 27 with 2542 viewssherpajacob

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 15:11 - Jan 27 by sainthelens

Ireland close on being certs to win it shirley.

They were very lucky in key games last year.

Nige let them infringe endlessly to set up sexton in Paris and Glen Jackson was the difference when we played them.

We certainly don't fear Ireland in Cardiff.

Lots writing England off in Dublin, I think England could do them.

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:46 - Jan 27 with 2517 viewsHighjack

I’m looking forward to the hours and hours of low risk, recycle and go, get inches over the gain line forward play with hundreds of stoppages whilst scrums are set up before collapsing then going to the video ref every thirty seconds to see if there was a toe that brushed the line for the only try in the tournament rugby.

It’s getting better and better every year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:51 - Jan 27 with 2504 viewsPozuelosSideys

The French team only have a couple of sessions together before they play us. They have some crazy release rules for players there which means they only turn up a couple of days before

Best time to play them imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:57 - Jan 27 with 2499 viewsMrSwerve

Not going to any games this year unfortunately, very pricey (as usual I suppose).

Hoping to attend one next year. Looking forward to getting home from work on Friday, opening a can (classy) and putting the tele on.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 04:03 - Jan 28 with 2364 viewsphact0rri

For the first time in a while I feel optimistic about our chances this time. I'm sure that optimism will be dashed. But I'm really excited for this to get started.

But like others have said it really could be almost anyone to win. feel there is less between the nations than there have been in recent years.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 07:40 - Jan 28 with 2333 viewsdickythorpe

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:51 - Jan 27 by PozuelosSideys

The French team only have a couple of sessions together before they play us. They have some crazy release rules for players there which means they only turn up a couple of days before

Best time to play them imo

I hope you are right, but the French are so much better when they have had less time to prepare. It's in their nature, "off the cuff rugby" is in their DNA
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 10:02 - Jan 28 with 2306 viewswestwalesed

We also seem to do well when we play the Blue teams away.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:58 - Jan 28 with 2249 viewsPozuelosSideys

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 07:40 - Jan 28 by dickythorpe

I hope you are right, but the French are so much better when they have had less time to prepare. It's in their nature, "off the cuff rugby" is in their DNA

I honestly cant remember the last time the French played with that off the cuff style with bundles of flair. Must have been back in the late 90's/early 00's.

The money pouring into their league is giving them the same problem as English football. Lots of quality imports at the expense of their own.

The modern game has moved on and Wales appear to be in a good place.

Wales by 7-10

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 19:03 - Jan 28 with 2229 viewstheloneranger

The referee for Friday's match is once again Wayne Barnes.

The same referee as 2 years ago in France, when he refereed the "100 minute" international, which allowed France to score the winning try in those "extra" minutes.

Wales ... Be afraid, be very afraid ...!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 09:45 - Jan 30 with 2135 viewsBrynCartwright

Wales and France ( especially Wales) are such mugs for accepting the horrendous Friday night matches. Other countries have to start accepting these when the new TV deal is negotiated. There's something about playing rugby in the dark,on a Friday evening, that is just plain wrong.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 10:23 - Jan 30 with 2127 viewsThrasher6

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 16:46 - Jan 27 by Highjack

I’m looking forward to the hours and hours of low risk, recycle and go, get inches over the gain line forward play with hundreds of stoppages whilst scrums are set up before collapsing then going to the video ref every thirty seconds to see if there was a toe that brushed the line for the only try in the tournament rugby.

It’s getting better and better every year.

This...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 10:51 - Jan 30 with 2110 viewssherpajacob

Morgan Parra back in the French team. Always been quality.

France play at their best with a little Bonaparte at scrum half.

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 06:19 - Jan 31 with 2028 viewspikeypaul

France have gone again for a massive scrum aiming to crush ours again like it did 2 years ago.

I find these games so dependant on the way each referee wants to interperate the rules.

Nigel if referring the Irish will inevitably be licking their backsides like he does every time he refs them,thank god he can’t do us against them,Angus Gardner the Aussie does that one.

Interesting 3 French refs scheduled and Nigel only getting one game I expect he’s getting punished for his performance in the 🇫🇷 v 🇮🇪 game last year.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 6:26]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 08:19 - Jan 31 with 2004 viewsdickythorpe

Anscombe!

Mentioned yesterday.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 20:58]
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 08:28 - Jan 31 with 2003 viewslonglostjack

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 13:23 - Jan 27 by builthjack

Yeah - why aren’t Rumania invited?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 08:44 - Jan 31 with 1997 viewsdickythorpe

The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 08:28 - Jan 31 by longlostjack

Yeah - why aren’t Rumania invited?

They've become very poor of late. Uruguay and Spain beat them last year.
The OFFICIAL 2019 Guinness 6 Nations Thread on 09:04 - Jan 31 with 1986 viewssquarebear

Slight derail.

Can anyone recommend a Swansea pub with a big screen showing Saturday’s Ireland game where a cultured gentleman in his fifties won’t feel out of place?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 9:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024