Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Night Thread 14:56 - Jan 27 with 23466 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:42 - Jan 27 with 7903 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Birmingham on hell of a run

Lump on

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:49 - Jan 27 with 7846 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:42 - Jan 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Birmingham on hell of a run

Lump on

They haven't played since the 18th. We've played twice since then.

Fresh legs or rustiness? They ran rings around us last time.
The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:54 - Jan 27 with 7833 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:49 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

They haven't played since the 18th. We've played twice since then.

Fresh legs or rustiness? They ran rings around us last time.

They bullied us up there. We were weak all over the park.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:02 - Jan 27 with 7818 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:54 - Jan 27 by builthjack

They bullied us up there. We were weak all over the park.

We're a very different side now, though.

Asoro and McKay started on the wings. Fulton-Celina-Carroll midfield. Olsson.
The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:10 - Jan 27 with 7808 viewssainthelens

Wer on a roll and playing with confidence. Any tiredness will be offset cos we keep winning. We could outrun this lot...home win.
The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 27 with 7798 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hopefully a near full house. Not sure how many Birmingham will bring for a midweek fixture. As of 24th January they have sold 800 according to Birmingham fc official site.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:24]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 21:15 - Jan 27 with 7670 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:35 - Jan 28 with 7467 viewsandrew

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 21:15 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

His reply

“Could never forgive you for leaving us for Sheffield United pal”

Hahaha

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:11 - Jan 28 with 7251 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 15:35 - Jan 28 by andrew

His reply

“Could never forgive you for leaving us for Sheffield United pal”

Hahaha

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 19:16 - Jan 28 with 7237 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 27 by felixstowe_jack

Hopefully a near full house. Not sure how many Birmingham will bring for a midweek fixture. As of 24th January they have sold 800 according to Birmingham fc official site.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:24]

Weather could be a bit naughty for late tomorrow afternoon ,that'll put a good few off ,myself included , feet up

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 06:45 - Jan 29 with 6851 viewsMagic_Michu

The team selection will be interesting tonight. It should tell us a lot about our future.

Will we see anything of James, Fer or Bony?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 09:14 - Jan 29 with 6757 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 06:45 - Jan 29 by Magic_Michu

The team selection will be interesting tonight. It should tell us a lot about our future.

Somehow, I doubt it.

Very, very interesting.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 11:57 - Jan 29 with 6598 viewsBytholWyn

Garry Monk is a good manager, but if anything demonstrates perfectly how unsuitable he was to the Swansea Way it's this tweet from Eflstats:

Even allowing for the fact that Monk has done a great job at Birmingham, and is playing to the strengths of a squad that has largely been inherited, owing to the transfer ban, it's still remarkable that Birmingham have the lowest pass accuracy and pass completion stats in the Championship.

Reading this excellent article on Mourinho there are some parallels with Monk: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010477 The main similarity is in the emphasis on team shape, defensive discipline and sophisticated tactics to nullify the opposition, rather than trying to assert the team's identity on the opposition. That's what we saw at St Andrews, the luckiest point we've managed this season. Potter's pretty tactically astute and too, and it will be interesting to see if he can get the upper hand this time. Should be a fascinating contest. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a change of formation and personnel tonight.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 11:57]
The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:29 - Jan 29 with 6241 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 11:57 - Jan 29 by BytholWyn

Garry Monk is a good manager, but if anything demonstrates perfectly how unsuitable he was to the Swansea Way it's this tweet from Eflstats:

Even allowing for the fact that Monk has done a great job at Birmingham, and is playing to the strengths of a squad that has largely been inherited, owing to the transfer ban, it's still remarkable that Birmingham have the lowest pass accuracy and pass completion stats in the Championship.

Reading this excellent article on Mourinho there are some parallels with Monk: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010477 The main similarity is in the emphasis on team shape, defensive discipline and sophisticated tactics to nullify the opposition, rather than trying to assert the team's identity on the opposition. That's what we saw at St Andrews, the luckiest point we've managed this season. Potter's pretty tactically astute and too, and it will be interesting to see if he can get the upper hand this time. Should be a fascinating contest. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a change of formation and personnel tonight.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 11:57]

"the emphasis on team shape, defensive discipline and sophisticated tactics to nullify the opposition, rather than trying to assert the team's identity on the opposition."

You don't need a seasons worth of games and statistics to notice that. It was evident during his first couple of games managing us. Few things regarding the club during our time in the Premier League angers me as much as reflecting on his time here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:58 - Jan 29 with 6200 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:29 - Jan 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"the emphasis on team shape, defensive discipline and sophisticated tactics to nullify the opposition, rather than trying to assert the team's identity on the opposition."

You don't need a seasons worth of games and statistics to notice that. It was evident during his first couple of games managing us. Few things regarding the club during our time in the Premier League angers me as much as reflecting on his time here.

When do you mean? For that first half season with Laudrups team and particularly with a top form De Guz pulling the strings we played some sparkling stuff. The team looked revitalised from Cardiff until we were safe. It was when he was allowed to anglicise everything over the summer and ‘earned the right to wear the suit’ things changed. He should have been sacked just for saying that ffs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 29 with 6137 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 16:58 - Jan 29 by monmouth

When do you mean? For that first half season with Laudrups team and particularly with a top form De Guz pulling the strings we played some sparkling stuff. The team looked revitalised from Cardiff until we were safe. It was when he was allowed to anglicise everything over the summer and ‘earned the right to wear the suit’ things changed. He should have been sacked just for saying that ffs.

After beating that woeful Cardiff side we won 1 game in 9. How is that revitalised? Some people's memories of his tenure are very wide of the mark.

Actually I was wrong, I just checked and it was 1 win in 9 league matches. There were also 3 other winless cup games during that period (Napoli home, away and Everton).

So 1 win in 12 it actually was.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 17:20]

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:50 - Jan 29 with 6050 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:18 - Jan 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

After beating that woeful Cardiff side we won 1 game in 9. How is that revitalised? Some people's memories of his tenure are very wide of the mark.

Actually I was wrong, I just checked and it was 1 win in 9 league matches. There were also 3 other winless cup games during that period (Napoli home, away and Everton).

So 1 win in 12 it actually was.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 17:20]

I know, but that included some brilliant football eg 4-3 loss away at Liverpool. We weren’t talking results but type of football. Anyone that tries to say we were playing monkball then, wasn’t there.

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:19 - Jan 29 with 5949 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 17:50 - Jan 29 by monmouth

I know, but that included some brilliant football eg 4-3 loss away at Liverpool. We weren’t talking results but type of football. Anyone that tries to say we were playing monkball then, wasn’t there.

I wasn't there at that time however I watched most matches live. Our change of style was evident in the first few matches.

It took just one month for many others to accept he was failing;
Time to phuck monk off by Swanjack10 15 Mar 2014 17:26
Wba out did us second half again, his half time team talks must be pathetic, in experienced, huw that choice is gonna bite us all, fuking gutted [mad]

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 5850 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:19 - Jan 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wasn't there at that time however I watched most matches live. Our change of style was evident in the first few matches.

It took just one month for many others to accept he was failing;
Time to phuck monk off by Swanjack10 15 Mar 2014 17:26
Wba out did us second half again, his half time team talks must be pathetic, in experienced, huw that choice is gonna bite us all, fuking gutted [mad]

He is at the root of our problems along with the bloke that allowed him to do it. The stupid received ideas he’d picked up off his coaching courses and the underachiever Clotet were no doubt brewing and readying for take off once he ‘wore the suit’, but until Chico, Pablo and De Guz were binned, and Routledge and Dyer effectively sidelined, there was plenty of flowing football played to feet. To pretend you ‘knew’ which way he’d jump from gazing at your tv screen within the first few games is ridiculous. You might have guessed, and you guessed right, but there was plenty of contradictory evidence during that initial half season.

He is an ego driven one trick prick.

But that half season was in no way as bad or conclusive at the time.

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 29 with 5800 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 06:45 - Jan 29 by Magic_Michu

Somehow, I doubt it.

James and Fer starting I hear along with Dyer.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:50 - Jan 29 with 5748 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Potter has taken the bull by the horns and gone for an attacking line up

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:53 - Jan 29 with 5703 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

LMAO

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Thread on 18:54 - Jan 29 with 5678 viewsGlyn1

Swansea City: Erwin Mulder; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Connor Roberts; Leroy Fer (captain), Matt Grimes; Nathan Dyer, Bersant Celina, Daniel James; Oli McBurnie.

Eight of those players played against Gillingham on Saturday, so there may be a factor with tiredness - absolutely delighted with the selection though.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Night Thread on 18:55 - Jan 29 with 5665 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City vs Birmingham City Match Night Thread on 19:13 - Jan 29 with 5472 viewsPozuelosSideys

Would really like to twunt these by 4 or 5 tonight and get Monks raging in the dugout. You can all have some fun with him in the East Stand then, even the West may join in!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024