Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asset Stripping at its Best 23:01 - Jan 28 with 7139 viewsbonymine

Anybody who couldn’t see this sh1tstorm hitting us eventually as soon as the Yanks’ ‘true intentions’ and ZERO investment since 2016 became abundantly clear, coupled with Judas Jenkins remaining in situ on his £600k pa salary PLUS Pearlman on £500k+ was either incredibly naive and taken in by the bullsh1t which was served up by both the Sellouts and the Yanks or who simply ‘chose’ to ignore it.

It was a really, really difficult decision for me, my two sons and my old man in March 2018 for us NOT to renew our Season Tickets for this current season given that me & my old man have been season ticket holders since the late 1970’s and I took both my sons to the Vetch as soon as they could walk !

It now appears to be that the current ‘Regime’ will strip bare all available assets with any sort of intrinsic value and eventually ‘move on’ once every last $$$$ has been screwed out of OUR Club.

Sad times all around, I was there in 1985 with the High Court winding up order etc and again in 2003 with our successful stand against Petty.

Yet this time around I believe we have been screwed over both from the outside (the Yanks) as well as a cute ‘inside job’ on behalf of the (By the Fans for the Fans ) Sellouts who lined their own pockets without a second thought for the consequences for ‘the Club they loved’

Simply repulsive yet they have skins like Rhinos and absolutely ZERO conscience whatsoever ....

You Greedy B@stards Get Out Of OUR Club.

Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:03 - Jan 28 with 4143 viewsSmellyplumz

Good man, sooner the rest follow the same path the sooner we can be rid of the cancer.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:06 - Jan 28 with 4116 viewsDarran

I don’t mean to be a bit thick here but what shitstorm is this?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:18 - Jan 28 with 4044 viewsbonymine

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:06 - Jan 28 by Darran

I don’t mean to be a bit thick here but what shitstorm is this?

Hi Darr long time no speak mate,

What I’m alluding to is the ongoing sale of the Club’s major assets in terms of players .......I can accept Bony, Narsingh, Routledge & Dyer as getting the big earners off the books etc but selling DJ in particular and Leroy (ok he can be lazy but he’s STILL the strongest and most physical midfielder we’ve got in that position) as well then things are only going to deteriorate further I believe my friend ? .......

We shall see I guess .....

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:21 - Jan 28 with 4011 viewsDarran

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:18 - Jan 28 by bonymine

Hi Darr long time no speak mate,

What I’m alluding to is the ongoing sale of the Club’s major assets in terms of players .......I can accept Bony, Narsingh, Routledge & Dyer as getting the big earners off the books etc but selling DJ in particular and Leroy (ok he can be lazy but he’s STILL the strongest and most physical midfielder we’ve got in that position) as well then things are only going to deteriorate further I believe my friend ? .......

We shall see I guess .....

I see,I think you’d be better off waiting until the window closes my friend.

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:30 - Jan 28 with 3949 viewsBadlands

Aren't there already enough of these rant threads?
Three weeks ago Leroy was less welcome than a fart in a diving suit.
As for James! I can see the point of keeping him but I can also see the benefit of selling at an inflated price especially if he wants he move.
We have sold players before but never with the accompanying jealous ridden vitriol.
As you were a ST holder in the Petty era and when mismanagement led us to bankruptcy and almost saw us out of the EFL pyramid I cannot for the life of me understand your hatred for a group that is acting prudently and ensuring we have a good standard of football in Swansea!

The American shareholders are £20 million+ down on heir investment, there is no evidence they e recouping that from asset stripping.

I make o apology for being blunt ... but get a f***** grip.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:32 - Jan 28 with 3941 viewsbonymine

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:21 - Jan 28 by Darran

I see,I think you’d be better off waiting until the window closes my friend.

Yes indeed Darr but even then whatever happens it’s down to the contract terms of any one player at any time ...

Clearly, the Yanks will achieve the maximum return on any asset (they’re Hedgefunders after all) and we will be left with the bare bones after they’ve screwed us over .....if you see anything other than that outcome I’d be pleased to hear how you got to that conclusion ???

Cheers

Bony 💪😉

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:34 - Jan 28 with 3917 viewsDarran

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:32 - Jan 28 by bonymine

Yes indeed Darr but even then whatever happens it’s down to the contract terms of any one player at any time ...

Clearly, the Yanks will achieve the maximum return on any asset (they’re Hedgefunders after all) and we will be left with the bare bones after they’ve screwed us over .....if you see anything other than that outcome I’d be pleased to hear how you got to that conclusion ???

Cheers

Bony 💪😉

I just prefer to wait until the window closes.

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:34 - Jan 28 with 3918 viewsbuilthjack

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:30 - Jan 28 by Badlands

As for James! I can see the point of keeping him but I can also see the benefit of selling at an inflated price especially if he wants he move.
We have sold players before but never with the accompanying jealous ridden vitriol.
As you were a ST holder in the Petty era and when mismanagement led us to bankruptcy and almost saw us out of the EFL pyramid I cannot for the life of me understand your hatred for a group that is acting prudently and ensuring we have a good standard of football in Swansea!

The American shareholders are £20 million+ down on heir investment, there is no evidence they e recouping that from asset stripping.

How are they £20m down?
Serious question.
They paid what? £68 million? Of which they will get back and more if they sell.
So have they put another £20m in, and not taken anything out of the club?
Please explain.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:36 - Jan 28 with 3905 viewsjasper_T

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:34 - Jan 28 by builthjack

How are they £20m down?
Serious question.
They paid what? £68 million? Of which they will get back and more if they sell.
So have they put another £20m in, and not taken anything out of the club?
Please explain.

You think their shares are worth anywhere near what they paid for them? How does that work after a relegation?
Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:38 - Jan 28 with 3894 viewsBadlands

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:32 - Jan 28 by bonymine

Cheers

Bony 💪😉

How are the hedge fund managers getting any return on their £68 million?
The value of their share is around £46 million (based on the value of the club).
All they will do by running the club into the ground is lose even more money.
From what I see every penny saved will be used to ensure we are solvent.
We invested in the academy to provide players which we will use and sell (see Southampton for the model).
Whatever our opinions Jenkins and Pearlman (Pearlman I like) - the club, its debt, its assets, its liabilities all have to be met professionally and Dai from down the pub isn't going to cut it.
We stayed amateur for too long in the Premier League and it caught up with us.

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:38 - Jan 28 with 3892 viewsbonymine

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:30 - Jan 28 by Badlands

It’s not a rant just a realistic take on the shambolic situation we now find OUR Club to be in ......

And please don’t feel sorry for the American Shareholders they will get the return on their ‘investment’ as soon as possible .......

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:50 - Jan 28 with 3834 viewsjasper_T

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:38 - Jan 28 by bonymine

It’s not a rant just a realistic take on the shambolic situation we now find OUR Club to be in ......

And please don’t feel sorry for the American Shareholders they will get the return on their ‘investment’ as soon as possible .......

They could have had it last season but they went and spent £70m on players instead. Pay out a dividend then and the season before and they'd be well on their way. Weird that they didn't.

Poor asset stripping tactics from day one.
Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:57 - Jan 28 with 3805 viewsBadlands

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:38 - Jan 28 by bonymine

Shambolic!
How so?
We are dealing with massive change in our finances, currently looking forward to the 5th round of the FA Cup and are 11th in the league wth a game in hand over club above us and 6 points off the play offs - win tomorrow night and its 8th and 3 points off the play offs.

I don't feel sorry for the American consortium but I'd like know where they are going to get £68 million + from a club that is valued at £58 million!!!!!

If they sell they lose, if we do not improve they lose. The only way they have any hope of getting a return on their investment that isn't minimal is to improve the club. IMO that begins by sorting out our debt.
If we achieve that our academy, like that of most academies, will be used to generate finance.

Asset Stripping at its Best on 00:00 - Jan 29 with 3792 viewsGroo

We obviously need the big earners off our books, I'm not sure if we can't sell anyone now who we'd have left in the summer of the big earners.

Certainly Bony and Fer's contracts will be up, is Narsingh and the Ayew brothers up as well (hope so).

It's been obvious for some time that the 'investors' are not investors as they don't invest, but if we lose James it will be because they can't afford the losses being made on the others.

The proof of the pudding won't be this transfer window, right now I believe we're in survive mode, the proof will be in the summer, once the big earners have gone, do we have anything left to invest?

Hopefully we manage to keep Potter, as his intention is to rebuild with the young players but I can't see us keeping him if we sell the promising youngsters he's hoping to build with.

As a matter of fact, any promising youngsters we have left will want to go as we'd have no future for them.

Groo does what Groo does best

Asset Stripping at its Best on 00:02 - Jan 29 with 3786 viewsbuilthjack

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:36 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

You think their shares are worth anywhere near what they paid for them? How does that work after a relegation?

That's was their gamble. If they lose out if they sell the club. It could have gone the other way and their shares could be worth £100m now.
But otherwise, they haven't put a penny in to the club. We don't know what they have taken out though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Asset Stripping at its Best on 00:02 - Jan 29 with 3786 viewsSgorioFruit

Americans get out of our club

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Asset Stripping at its Best on 00:21 - Jan 29 with 3723 viewslifelong

Surely the two situations the OP mentions were far worse than the one the club finds itself in now?
Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:01 - Jan 29 with 3557 viewsjackal

When we first got into the Premier League they laughed. Still using 4th Division players. "More chance of seeing Elvis than staying up.", they joked. Pretty soon we were stuffing their jokes down their throats.

We destroyed "bigger and better" teams with simple but brilliant passing football. We bought a little known midfielder from Spain and turned him into one of the most potent strikers the Prem has ever seen.

The press called us " Swanselona". " A blueprint for how a football club should be run".

We won the Capitol 1 Cup and played in Europe. Even the defeat in Naples received praise for the style of football.

I'm big and old and ugly, but I freely admit that I had tears of pride in my eyes when I saw what they were saying about my beloved club. Little old Swansea City.

And then the Yanks came........!
Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:13 - Jan 29 with 3533 viewsWhiterockin

Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:01 - Jan 29 by jackal

When we first got into the Premier League they laughed. Still using 4th Division players. "More chance of seeing Elvis than staying up.", they joked. Pretty soon we were stuffing their jokes down their throats.

We destroyed "bigger and better" teams with simple but brilliant passing football. We bought a little known midfielder from Spain and turned him into one of the most potent strikers the Prem has ever seen.

The press called us " Swanselona". " A blueprint for how a football club should be run".

We won the Capitol 1 Cup and played in Europe. Even the defeat in Naples received praise for the style of football.

I'm big and old and ugly, but I freely admit that I had tears of pride in my eyes when I saw what they were saying about my beloved club. Little old Swansea City.

And then the Yanks came........!

To be fair "Swanselona" had gone long before the Yanks came in.
Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:14 - Jan 29 with 3531 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Asset Stripping at its Best on 00:00 - Jan 29 by Groo

We obviously need the big earners off our books, I'm not sure if we can't sell anyone now who we'd have left in the summer of the big earners.

Certainly Bony and Fer's contracts will be up, is Narsingh and the Ayew brothers up as well (hope so).

It's been obvious for some time that the 'investors' are not investors as they don't invest, but if we lose James it will be because they can't afford the losses being made on the others.

The proof of the pudding won't be this transfer window, right now I believe we're in survive mode, the proof will be in the summer, once the big earners have gone, do we have anything left to invest?

Hopefully we manage to keep Potter, as his intention is to rebuild with the young players but I can't see us keeping him if we sell the promising youngsters he's hoping to build with.

As a matter of fact, any promising youngsters we have left will want to go as we'd have no future for them.

Big earners tat were bought on THEIR watch. They have nobody to blame but their own lack of control for the mess they’ve put US in .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:18 - Jan 29 with 3526 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Asset Stripping at its Best on 23:57 - Jan 28 by Badlands

Shambolic!
How so?
We are dealing with massive change in our finances, currently looking forward to the 5th round of the FA Cup and are 11th in the league wth a game in hand over club above us and 6 points off the play offs - win tomorrow night and its 8th and 3 points off the play offs.

I don't feel sorry for the American consortium but I'd like know where they are going to get £68 million + from a club that is valued at £58 million!!!!!

If they sell they lose, if we do not improve they lose. The only way they have any hope of getting a return on their investment that isn't minimal is to improve the club. IMO that begins by sorting out our debt.
If we achieve that our academy, like that of most academies, will be used to generate finance.

“I don't feel sorry for the American consortium but I'd like know where they are going to get £68 million + from a club that is valued at £58 million!!!!!”.

Perhaps by continuing to sell assets ? That’s the only other way isn’t it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:34 - Jan 29 with 3505 viewsjackal

Asset Stripping at its Best on 06:13 - Jan 29 by Whiterockin

To be fair "Swanselona" had gone long before the Yanks came in.

Fair comment.

But they've still ripped the soul from the club.

I have great hope for Potter. But will they back him? Doubt it.
Asset Stripping at its Best on 08:06 - Jan 29 with 3380 viewsItchySphincter

The club is hemorrhaging money with the big earners that don’t play, that’s why the likes of Dan James have to be sold.

The fans clamour for money to be thrown around in the Premier League - if some people had got their wish we’d be selling more than James right now.....
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 8:07]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Asset Stripping at its Best on 08:20 - Jan 29 with 3310 viewsMagic_Michu

The big earners that don’t play contracts run out in a few months time anyway. Hardly that big a drain on our finances.

Bony - £500k wages
Fer - £200k wages
Narsingh - £350k wages

It’s hardly going to kill the Americans to let them see out their contracts here. Probably less than a million between now and the rest of the season.

And as the Americans said when they took over the club they have the resources to sustain us in the event of relegation from the Premier League - now put your money where your mouth is.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Asset Stripping at its Best on 08:22 - Jan 29 with 3299 viewsraynor94

Asset stripping? Nah this is a consequence of the wasted money we spent trying to stay in the Prem.

Yes it's radical surgery, but it has to be done

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024