Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Selling A Car Online 14:34 - Jan 29 with 797 viewsunion_jack

Anyone on here have any advice on how to sell a car online. What is the best site?

Or are there better ways?

Thanks in advance.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Selling A Car Online on 14:56 - Jan 29 with 776 viewsdickythorpe

E bay? Not taking the Mick union. Surely an option ?
Selling A Car Online on 15:08 - Jan 29 with 767 viewsunion_jack

Thanks Dicky. Yes, I’m aware of said site 😄 but wondering who has had most luck. I’ve been looking at Autocar.com but some on here may say do or don’t bother.

Selling A Car Online on 15:11 - Jan 29 with 762 viewsLohengrin

Gumtree? There’s plenty on there.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Selling A Car Online on 15:41 - Jan 29 with 730 viewsstevethejack

Sold a car fir a mate, tried various platforms. Autotrader was the best and sold within 24 hours.
Selling A Car Online on 16:22 - Jan 29 with 707 viewsunion_jack

Selling A Car Online on 15:41 - Jan 29 by stevethejack

Sold a car fir a mate, tried various platforms. Autotrader was the best and sold within 24 hours.

Thanks Steve.

What did you do re insurance for a test drive and what about safe payment? So many cons and scams these days you’ve got to be careful.

Selling A Car Online on 18:52 - Jan 29 with 653 viewsmonmouth

Selling A Car Online on 16:22 - Jan 29 by union_jack

Thanks Steve.

What did you do re insurance for a test drive and what about safe payment? So many cons and scams these days you’ve got to be careful.

Depends on price and type of car. Had 20 firm calls with addresses for a Yaris at 2k and demanded cash. Had no calls on a merc at 10k (still a keen price at the time) and ended up part ex.

I just let them drive around a car free route, but it is a risk as they are only normally covered third party by their insurance. If you want no hassle try some of them we buy any shit type sites and play them off against each other. They will offer you a higher price than they will give you after they spot all the ‘flaws’ but if they really try it on just walk away. I would at least try privately first but beware time wasters and dealers and other sites telling you they have ‘loads of buyers ready and waiting’. It’s all shit.

Edit Tell your insurance and inform the Inland rev before handing over the keys, and I think you can do the DVLA thing all online now too.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:11]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Selling A Car Online on 19:08 - Jan 29 with 637 viewsstevethejack

Selling A Car Online on 16:22 - Jan 29 by union_jack

Thanks Steve.

Sussed them out during the chat. Let him drive it 3rd party. He took it for a test drive and left wife and dog as collateral. Think he'd legged it if he'd left just the wife.

Had him do an online transfer to my bank account before I let the car go. He taxed and insured it before leaving.
Selling A Car Online on 19:17 - Jan 29 with 623 viewsunion_jack

Selling A Car Online on 19:08 - Jan 29 by stevethejack

Sussed them out during the chat. Let him drive it 3rd party. He took it for a test drive and left wife and dog as collateral. Think he'd legged it if he'd left just the wife.

Had him do an online transfer to my bank account before I let the car go. He taxed and insured it before leaving.

Nice and simple in your case. I haven’t sold privately since I used to sell them via the classified ads in the EP. cash only then and no one seemed to give a damn about insurance. The good old days.

These days you’ve got to be careful they don’t steal the car, provide fraud bankers draft, dodgy £50 notes etc. It’s a bloody nightmare.

Login to get fewer ads

Selling A Car Online on 19:19 - Jan 29 with 622 viewsunion_jack

Selling A Car Online on 18:52 - Jan 29 by monmouth

Depends on price and type of car. Had 20 firm calls with addresses for a Yaris at 2k and demanded cash. Had no calls on a merc at 10k (still a keen price at the time) and ended up part ex.

I just let them drive around a car free route, but it is a risk as they are only normally covered third party by their insurance. If you want no hassle try some of them we buy any shit type sites and play them off against each other. They will offer you a higher price than they will give you after they spot all the ‘flaws’ but if they really try it on just walk away. I would at least try privately first but beware time wasters and dealers and other sites telling you they have ‘loads of buyers ready and waiting’. It’s all shit.

Edit Tell your insurance and inform the Inland rev before handing over the keys, and I think you can do the DVLA thing all online now too.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 19:11]

Thanks Monmouth. The we buy any sites are low to start never mind after they knock you down. RIP offs really.

Selling A Car Online on 19:29 - Jan 29 with 614 viewsmonmouth

Selling A Car Online on 19:19 - Jan 29 by union_jack

Thanks Monmouth. The we buy any sites are low to start never mind after they knock you down. RIP offs really.

I used autotrader by the way

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Selling A Car Online on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 598 viewsmajorraglan

One of the guys in work does a little bit of buying and selling on line, he mainly uses Gumtree and Facebook Market Place which I think are free. I am pretty sure a lot of the others charge.

The only advice I can give is be honest and accurate with your descriptions, because I believe that you can now be sued if the information you provide is inaccurate. Have a look at sites like Honest John for more information because it’s a subject that does pop up in his questions section.

Becareful with the payment business, as has been said, bankers drafts can be forged, cash can be counterfeit, PayPal money can be reclaimed as can other mans like Credit Card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024