Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. 10:25 - Jan 30 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

Marvellous story this - over a century after having been lain in a pauper’s grave Pte John Connolly late of C Coy., 24th has been honoured in a Legion ceremony at Danygraig Cemetery. Great work by historians Peter Hall and John Thomas in tracing Connolly’s resting place and a wonderful gesture by mason Michael Isaac in inscribing and providing the headstone free of charge.

Great work chaps.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 10:44 - Jan 30 with 1138 viewsjack2jack

Thanks for sharing Loh, it's amazing how these story's go under the radar, had no idea of this one, great that people find out and honour the sacrifices made by these brave men and women.
Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 11:24 - Jan 30 with 1105 viewsLohengrin

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 10:44 - Jan 30 by jack2jack

Thanks for sharing Loh, it's amazing how these story's go under the radar, had no idea of this one, great that people find out and honour the sacrifices made by these brave men and women.

It made my day when I heard about it.

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 11:26 - Jan 30 with 1101 viewsLord_Bony

good

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:24 - Jan 30 with 1068 viewsjack2jack

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 11:24 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

It made my day when I heard about it.

Had a quick browse on the internet, interesting story, also found this.

Thanks again.
Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:34 - Jan 30 with 1053 viewsCountyJim

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/16/parade-battle-rorkes-drift-soldier-g

You really couldn't make it up

Mind you the past few years the parade has got bigger and bigger

About 10 minutes from my house
Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:50 - Jan 30 with 1038 viewsjack2jack

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:34 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/16/parade-battle-rorkes-drift-soldier-g

That's not good, just shows a lack of respect in my eyes, what's 30 minutes out of their day, red tape and H&S spoils it for all again.With a bit of effort surely something could have been arranged.
Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:57 - Jan 30 with 1034 viewsLohengrin

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:34 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

And of course Newport council and Gwent Police will be similarly saying there’s no money available to allow the Ashura March to proceed this year, won’t they?

What do you reckon, Jim?

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 14:06 - Jan 30 with 1000 viewsCountyJim

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 12:57 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

And of course Newport council and Gwent Police will be similarly saying there’s no money available to allow the Ashura March to proceed this year, won’t they?

What do you reckon, Jim?

That's Torfaen council there mate I'm told the mosques do pay the police bills in Newport

They even had to stop our First communion parade on Stow Hill because of health and safety costs
Login to get fewer ads

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 14:20 - Jan 30 with 991 viewsLohengrin

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 14:06 - Jan 30 by CountyJim

That's Torfaen council there mate I'm told the mosques do pay the police bills in Newport

They even had to stop our First communion parade on Stow Hill because of health and safety costs

In that case if I was a Gwent boy I’d be organising a collection to make sure that remembrance parade went ahead without and in spite of the so-called authorities.

Rorke’s Drift defender honoured in Swansea. on 14:59 - Jan 30 with 960 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Lord Chelmsford threw these poor men to the slaughter .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024