Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist 23:09 - Jan 30 with 2182 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This reads like an Onion article, but this guy is completely serious. And the largest newspaper in Arizona printed this:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2019/01/28/downtown-phoenix-photo-

Turns out, these miners were at a pub in Cwmbach, Aberdare.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia/welsh-history-month-how-pub-79
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 23:10]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 06:18 - Jan 31 with 2094 viewsGroo

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/everything-is-racist-coal-miner-editi

Groo does what Groo does best

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 07:59 - Jan 31 with 2050 viewslonglostjack

If Rashaad Thomas had read this he might have been less inclined to write such nonsense.

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/02/how-paul-robeson-found-political-v

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 09:16 - Jan 31 with 2012 viewsWarwickHunt

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 07:59 - Jan 31 by longlostjack

If Rashaad Thomas had read this he might have been less inclined to write such nonsense.

https://amp.theguardian.com/books/2017/jul/02/how-paul-robeson-found-political-v

Fûcking div.

A Thomas as well. 😂
100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 09:27 - Jan 31 with 1996 viewsLohengrin

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 09:16 - Jan 31 by WarwickHunt

Fûcking div.

A Thomas as well. 😂

Student Unions over here are replete with identical minges, mind.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 09:52 - Jan 31 with 1971 viewsLeonWasGod

UK and the US, racing to see who can be the biggest twâts. The world's gone mad.
100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 09:57 - Jan 31 with 1965 viewsLeonWasGod

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 07:59 - Jan 31 by longlostjack

If Twp Thomas had read that, he'd probably be complaining that the word 'Blacklisted' is in it
100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 10:06 - Jan 31 with 1955 viewsBatterseajack

The Army have been at this racist sh!t for years

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 10:09 - Jan 31 with 1941 viewsLohengrin

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 10:06 - Jan 31 by Batterseajack

The Army have been at this racist sh!t for years

Login to get fewer ads

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 10:09 - Jan 31 with 1947 viewsHighjack

He probably shouldn’t have put his email address at the bottom of the article too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 10:14 - Jan 31 with 1934 viewsLohengrin

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 10:09 - Jan 31 by Highjack

He probably shouldn’t have put his email address at the bottom of the article too.

He hasn’t replied to me yet, anyway. Either he’s busy or he didn’t enjoy the Al Jolson song I sent him?

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:25 - Jan 31 with 1825 viewsEbo

My hometown!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:30 - Jan 31 with 1815 viewsHighjack

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:25 - Jan 31 by Ebo

My hometown!

Phoenix Arizona?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:30 - Jan 31 with 1808 viewsLohengrin

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:25 - Jan 31 by Ebo

My hometown!

What do they do for work up there since ‘the market’ became the new God, mate?

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:34 - Jan 31 with 1811 viewsEbo

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:30 - Jan 31 by Lohengrin

What do they do for work up there since ‘the market’ became the new God, mate?

Industry has vanished sadly Loh, there is one big factory and that is the former Aberdare cables which became Pirelli cables and is now owned by Prysmian. I worked there for 14 years once upon a time. I think the Cynon Valley at one time had over 50 pits.

Like every town now - town centres dying, chock full of card shops, nail bars and vape stores whilst a mile away there are the supermarkets/retail outlets.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:55 - Jan 31 with 1777 viewsLohengrin

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 12:34 - Jan 31 by Ebo

Industry has vanished sadly Loh, there is one big factory and that is the former Aberdare cables which became Pirelli cables and is now owned by Prysmian. I worked there for 14 years once upon a time. I think the Cynon Valley at one time had over 50 pits.

Like every town now - town centres dying, chock full of card shops, nail bars and vape stores whilst a mile away there are the supermarkets/retail outlets.

You know, I look at the old photographs of the 38th Division marching to the Somme and off the back of that I think this isn’t the world their grandchildren were meant to inherit.

Three times I was arrested during the Miners’ Strike, the last time the Magistrate told me “I’m sure you’d like to see yourself as a martyr, but boy nothing you have said or done has made the slightest bit of difference. Nobody is going to care if I send you to gaol apart from your poor Mother.”

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 14:55 - Jan 31 with 1682 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This guy needs locking up

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 15:19 - Jan 31 with 1649 viewsBloodyhills

What a load of bollocks. They are coal miners having a well earned beer.

I could understand a bit more if it was a picture of the guys in the 'Black and White Minstrel' show.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 15:21]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 15:24 - Jan 31 with 1636 viewsBloodyhills

100 year old photo of Welsh coal miners triggers Arizona columnist on 14:55 - Jan 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

This guy needs locking up

if only for his crap cockney accent.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024