Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car Servicing and MOT 18:52 - Feb 1 with 2562 viewsSwanzay

I have 2016 VW which up until know has full dealer history, is it worth the expence of keeping this up or just go to my regular mechanic to sort.
The car displays that a service is due, so I assume that they will also have the kit to reset this and VW don't make this exculsive to thier dealers only?
Car Servicing and MOT on 19:06 - Feb 1 with 2536 viewsCooperman

Depends on how long you intend to keep the car for.

If you want another ten years out of it then go the local cheaper option as they car won’t have much resale value. Whereas if you’re planning on moving it on within 2 years then a full main dealer service history is a selling point.

The quality of service won’t differ much but insist that your local garage uses a quality lubricant - never skimp on engine oil (or tyres for that matter).

Service indicator reset shouldn’t be an issue for the non VW dealer; a lot of solutions can be found on YouTube. Failing that just leave it as indicating a service as this doesn’t impact on vehicle operation.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Car Servicing and MOT on 19:15 - Feb 1 with 2510 viewsNogginthenog

I have the same issue, My service was due so i looked at dealer option. £180.. I bought the parts and oil from my old firm for £33 and a mate did it in his garage for £50 labour, I reset the service alert myself from youtube.. Dealer prices are ridiculous.Dont waste your money.
Car Servicing and MOT on 19:21 - Feb 1 with 2496 viewsAndy1300

I use this guy, ex main dealer who has gone mobile and came highly recommended from an other mate who was service manager at the dealers.

I don't let anyone else work on mine now

He is VAT registered so is able to stamp service books to keep the warranty people happy.

https://www.perrysvehiclerepairs.co.uk

Also on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/perrysvehiclerepairsltd/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Number 1 team in Wales

Car Servicing and MOT on 19:39 - Feb 1 with 2470 viewsmonmouth

While the car is under warranty you don’t have to go to a main stealer but don’t go to a backstreet mate. If he’s not qualified or doesn’t use manufacturer approved parts you could void the warranty. Use a decent independent. I tend to use main dealers until the car is 5 years old if I’m keeping it. Reason is I’ve had a couple of goodwill claims that would have been eye watering in those years 4 and 5 and they only entertain those with a main dealer service. I never go near a dealer for anything if it’s older than 5 years or for out of warranty non goodwill work.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Car Servicing and MOT on 19:54 - Feb 1 with 2449 viewsSwanzay

Thanks for the responses so far gent, I am planning on changing it in around a year or two (downsizing), simply because I don't use it as much as I anticipated I would when I bought it.
I'm lucky enough now to be able to walk to work, where as previously I was communting.
I probably do only around 5000 miles pa, so alot of the time it just sits outside the house, but is a great car to drive for annual holiday trips to North Wales etc.
I already have a mechanic who has always serviced my cars and done always done a great job and is a fellow JB.
Think I call Sinclair tomorrow just to see what they will charge and if its stupid money give my regular mechanic a ring.
Car Servicing and MOT on 20:05 - Feb 1 with 2434 viewsCooperman

Car Servicing and MOT on 19:54 - Feb 1 by Swanzay

Thanks for the responses so far gent, I am planning on changing it in around a year or two (downsizing), simply because I don't use it as much as I anticipated I would when I bought it.
I'm lucky enough now to be able to walk to work, where as previously I was communting.
I probably do only around 5000 miles pa, so alot of the time it just sits outside the house, but is a great car to drive for annual holiday trips to North Wales etc.
I already have a mechanic who has always serviced my cars and done always done a great job and is a fellow JB.
Think I call Sinclair tomorrow just to see what they will charge and if its stupid money give my regular mechanic a ring.

The standard service shouldn’t be too painful. The need for a stiff drink arises when things like brake fluid, auto transmission oil, belts etc. require changing.

Car Servicing and MOT on 20:22 - Feb 1 with 2416 viewsSwanzay

Car Servicing and MOT on 20:05 - Feb 1 by Cooperman

The standard service shouldn’t be too painful. The need for a stiff drink arises when things like brake fluid, auto transmission oil, belts etc. require changing.

MOT is due...
Car Servicing and MOT on 20:28 - Feb 1 with 2406 viewsCooperman

Car Servicing and MOT on 20:22 - Feb 1 by Swanzay

MOT is due...

You’ll be fine with a 3 year old VW but get the MOT done before your warranty expires just in case you do need some corrective action by VW.

Login to get fewer ads

Car Servicing and MOT on 20:38 - Feb 1 with 2394 viewsDr_Winston

Any recommended local garages?

Got a 13 yr old Corsa with very little service history. Timing belt is being changed next week but wouldn't mind getting it booked in for a full service somewhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Car Servicing and MOT on 20:42 - Feb 1 with 2383 viewsunion_jack

Car Servicing and MOT on 20:38 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Any recommended local garages?

Got a 13 yr old Corsa with very little service history. Timing belt is being changed next week but wouldn't mind getting it booked in for a full service somewhere.

Martin’s Garage Fforestfach.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024