Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ 07:15 - Feb 2 with 6207 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How much is it worth now? In the championship, still some massive liabilities and assuming obviously that we don’t get promoted this season?

It’s a genuine question. Maybe it should be phrased - “how much would the hedge finders accept to get the f*ck out?”.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:24 - Feb 2 with 4350 viewsexhmrc1

probably around 30 million of which their 68% share would net them approx. 20 million so they would make a loss of near 50 million. If the club gets another relegation then the value would be less and the loss greater.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:32 - Feb 2 with 4331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:24 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

probably around 30 million of which their 68% share would net them approx. 20 million so they would make a loss of near 50 million. If the club gets another relegation then the value would be less and the loss greater.

Which their investors are no way going to accept. But if we are unlikely to be promoted due to a dwindling pool of talent hypothetically how else are they going to make their money back? Best cut and run I say. The fans have had the lights switched on over this transfer window and there’s no way of putting that genie back in the bottle. They’ve shown their hand and anything they try to say to the contrary is going to be ridiculed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:48 - Feb 2 with 4302 viewsexhmrc1

the problem for anyone taking on the club is the debt the yanks have created through transfer fees and excessive wages
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 08:05 - Feb 2 with 4267 viewsWhiterockin

I believe the club was valued at £100M when the shares were sold. The club was not sold for £67M that was what the Americans paid for their shares.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 08:37 - Feb 2 with 4200 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What is the amount that the Trust may/could gain through court action?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 08:57 - Feb 2 with 4153 viewsexhmrc1

£21 million 21% share on the same basis as the other share holders received. £1 million per 1% share.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 09:12 - Feb 2 with 4102 viewsGowerjack

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:48 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

the problem for anyone taking on the club is the debt the yanks have created through transfer fees and excessive wages

the problem for anyone taking on the club is the debt that was created by the arrogance greed and stupidity of Huw Jenkins with his appalling record on transfer fees and excessive wages.

There.

I've fixed that for you..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 09:17 - Feb 2 with 4080 viewsDewi1jack

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 08:57 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

£21 million 21% share on the same basis as the other share holders received. £1 million per 1% share.

My worry is that the club comes up for sale (£1 with debt say for arguments sake) and the sell out scum buy it back again.

The reason I voted for legal action to begin with was so that the Trust may/would possibly have over £21 million to allow them to find a consortium to come in with similar. Or even the consortium taking 2 thirds of the shares and us 1 third.
Would have meant my nightmare scenario above wasn't a possibility, as the sellers wouldn't have had any cash to make a viable acceptable offer.

Although that might not have stopped the Yeehaas selling to them, just to spite the fanbase.

Now I await the Sellout scum apologists coming on to tell us it would be a good thing if they bought the club back or my scenario isn't possible

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 10:11 - Feb 2 with 3965 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 08:57 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

Thanks, from a purely financial perspective, a Hedge Fund perspective, we are getting into reasonable legal territory for the Trust. If the club is worth £20M to £30M (my guess) and the downside to legal action is £20M, if someone offered £15M for the club you'd have to consider it.
As the club's value declines the potential impact of the Trust's legal action becomes more and more unattractive to the Americans.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 11:13]

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 3861 viewsThornburyswan

Noting most Championship clubs make losses (without sale of their top players which you can't do every year without falling into Div 1) I suspect we are not far off the 'sale for a £1' as per 17 years ago - suspect a motivated buyer might pay a few £££ more but our American firiends must be looking at a circa £50M drop.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 11:33 - Feb 2 with 3824 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If the Yanks sell before a Trust Court Case where will that leave the Trust Fund's Share Value, which should be around £20M.
If the Yanks sell for £20M that would leave the Trust with around £5M.
If the Yanks have to pay the £20M to the Trust they are going to be facing an even bigger loss.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 11:34]
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 11:35 - Feb 2 with 3812 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 11:15 - Feb 2 by Thornburyswan

Noting most Championship clubs make losses (without sale of their top players which you can't do every year without falling into Div 1) I suspect we are not far off the 'sale for a £1' as per 17 years ago - suspect a motivated buyer might pay a few £££ more but our American firiends must be looking at a circa £50M drop.

Legal looking like it may be worth a shot on that basis, the Americans will be thinking about what they can get out very quickly and will delay the process to do this.

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 11:57 - Feb 2 with 3779 viewsjacktheripper

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 11:33 - Feb 2 by A_Fans_Dad

If the Yanks sell before a Trust Court Case where will that leave the Trust Fund's Share Value, which should be around £20M.
If the Yanks sell for £20M that would leave the Trust with around £5M.
If the Yanks have to pay the £20M to the Trust they are going to be facing an even bigger loss.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 11:34]

No legal expert but from what was said at the Trust AGM the court action will be about the sale in 2016 and nothing in the meantime will affect that ie share dilution
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 12:29 - Feb 2 with 3725 viewsvalleyboy

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:32 - Feb 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Which their investors are no way going to accept. But if we are unlikely to be promoted due to a dwindling pool of talent hypothetically how else are they going to make their money back? Best cut and run I say. The fans have had the lights switched on over this transfer window and there’s no way of putting that genie back in the bottle. They’ve shown their hand and anything they try to say to the contrary is going to be ridiculed.

Last year was not a very good year for “Trust Funds” in general, so it wouldn’t surprise me that the Yanks will cut their losses and run. Taking as much money they can out of Swansea City

Is it not suspicious that the Trust’s Director on the Board can’t see what the financial position of the club is???

I wonder why is that???
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 12:45 - Feb 2 with 3690 viewsswan65split

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 12:29 - Feb 2 by valleyboy

Last year was not a very good year for “Trust Funds” in general, so it wouldn’t surprise me that the Yanks will cut their losses and run. Taking as much money they can out of Swansea City

Is it not suspicious that the Trust’s Director on the Board can’t see what the financial position of the club is???

I wonder why is that???

My /Our biggest fear is that once the parachute payments end..and Club cant be sold, it"ll be the end of us, shut and f&ck.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:18 - Feb 2 with 3645 views_

Good question and let's assume, Just for the sake of being crazy, us fans could crowd fund it....

What would we all decide to do then when we see we'll have no money and piling debts by the end of this season, the beginning of next and a lot worse the year after.

What will we do then? Serious question? Keep giving contracts out, keep trying to sign players?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:19 - Feb 2 with 3643 views_

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 07:48 - Feb 2 by exhmrc1

They have created?

Wow

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:21 - Feb 2 with 3634 viewsFlashberryjack

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 12:45 - Feb 2 by swan65split

My /Our biggest fear is that once the parachute payments end..and Club cant be sold, it"ll be the end of us, shut and f&ck.

The parachute payments are the Yanks insurance money, which I'm sure they factored in before they bought their controlling shares.

They won't be going anywhere until the last parachute payment has been squirreled away, and before some financial genius tells they can't do that, where there's loads of money involved there's always a way.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:23 - Feb 2 with 3622 views_

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:21 - Feb 2 by Flashberryjack

The parachute payments are the Yanks insurance money, which I'm sure they factored in before they bought their controlling shares.

They won't be going anywhere until the last parachute payment has been squirreled away, and before some financial genius tells they can't do that, where there's loads of money involved there's always a way.

The parachute payments have gone you beauty

Gone.

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:50 - Feb 2 with 3577 viewschad

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:18 - Feb 2 by _

Good question and let's assume, Just for the sake of being crazy, us fans could crowd fund it....

What would we all decide to do then when we see we'll have no money and piling debts by the end of this season, the beginning of next and a lot worse the year after.

What will we do then? Serious question? Keep giving contracts out, keep trying to sign players?

The point you are missing is they are not fans they are venture capitalists

Their objective is profit

Failing the likelihood of that in a reasonable time, their Exit Strategy will dictate withdrawing with as much as they can extract from the club.

We have seen even the sellout fans put their pockets before the club.

So how much less concern for the state they leave the club in can we expect from unrelated venture capitalist on another continent on the other side of a very large ocean operating through a cloaked company in another country.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:51 - Feb 2 with 3569 viewsFlashberryjack

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:23 - Feb 2 by _

Gone.

Where ?

Hello

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:55 - Feb 2 with 3558 viewsswan65split

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:23 - Feb 2 by _

Gone.

Youve seen the books then?
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 14:01 - Feb 2 with 3543 viewsFlashberryjack

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:55 - Feb 2 by swan65split

Youve seen the books then?

Of course he has.

Hello

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 14:07 - Feb 2 with 3533 viewsEarl_Strickland

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:50 - Feb 2 by chad

Failing the likelihood of that in a reasonable time, their Exit Strategy will dictate withdrawing with as much as they can extract from the club.

So how much less concern for the state they leave the club in can we expect from unrelated venture capitalist on another continent on the other side of a very large ocean operating through a cloaked company in another country.

There's no point engaging with this tedious feck wit, he should swap this site for chatterbate lots of wan*ers get on there, he'd be right at home.
If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 14:12 - Feb 2 with 3517 views_

If the club was sold for £67 million in the Premier League........ on 13:50 - Feb 2 by chad

You've missed the gaping wide hole of a point.

What would we do now as fans if we owned the club in our current situation.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024