Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble at Bristol 15:27 - Feb 2 with 37513 viewsjackharris

Lots of fans still being marched to the stadium. And trouble in the ground.

Bubble next year? Hope not!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Trouble at Bristol on 10:38 - Jul 1 with 1299 viewsSTID2017

Trouble at Bristol on 08:59 - Jul 1 by Chief

From the footage and with my own eyes at the match, I saw no Swans fans jumping over the hoardings&going onto the pitch or trying to get into the home end. So how are they just as culpable? We're swans fans meant to not goad and wind up the Wurzels in case they lost their heads!? It was them on the pitch&in the corner.

This goading and banter goes on at every single away game, although not every home teams fans leave their stand to try and attack swans fans. As I said earlier a lot of the Swans fans in the away end acted with some decent restraint!

Bristol "fans" were taunting Swans fans from before kick off, Swans "fans" giving it back

As I posted earlier I acknowledged this and this happens at every game.
However what doesn't happen at every game is people running down the stairs to "have a go"
If those who came in at 30 mins or so, some of whom were clearly fuelled up by beer and were not interested in the game hadn't reacted then the Bristol fans who were the catalysts for the trouble would have been solely to blame.
It was a poorly marshalled match (inside and outside) from beginning to end and the police and others involved need to take a look at their part in the proceedings.
However if people went to watch football instead of acting like like schoolchildren, the police wouldn't be needed.
The only time I didn't act with restraint was when I was voicing my anger at our own "well behaved fans"

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trouble at Bristol on 10:44 - Jul 1 with 1278 viewssainthelens

Trouble at Bristol on 10:38 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Bristol "fans" were taunting Swans fans from before kick off, Swans "fans" giving it back

As I posted earlier I acknowledged this and this happens at every game.
However what doesn't happen at every game is people running down the stairs to "have a go"
If those who came in at 30 mins or so, some of whom were clearly fuelled up by beer and were not interested in the game hadn't reacted then the Bristol fans who were the catalysts for the trouble would have been solely to blame.
It was a poorly marshalled match (inside and outside) from beginning to end and the police and others involved need to take a look at their part in the proceedings.
However if people went to watch football instead of acting like like schoolchildren, the police wouldn't be needed.
The only time I didn't act with restraint was when I was voicing my anger at our own "well behaved fans"

So if some random Brizzles came at you for no reason outside the ground, would you exchange pleasantries or defend yourself.
That's a pretty naive post pal.
Trouble at Bristol on 11:05 - Jul 1 with 1248 viewsSTID2017

Trouble at Bristol on 10:44 - Jul 1 by sainthelens

So if some random Brizzles came at you for no reason outside the ground, would you exchange pleasantries or defend yourself.
That's a pretty naive post pal.

I have been watching Swans since around about 1970 and managed to avoid getting involved in any trouble.
I'm not saying the scenario you describe doesn't happen very often at matches and I have witnessed groups of fans confronting others many times.
However I don't get involved.
Also most of my post was about what happened inside the ground. The only fans at risk of being "under attack" were the ones at the front - why did quite a large number of fans sitting behind me feel the need to defend them ?
Please don't defend hooliganism

Trouble at Bristol on 11:18 - Jul 1 with 1230 viewsChief

Trouble at Bristol on 11:05 - Jul 1 by STID2017

I have been watching Swans since around about 1970 and managed to avoid getting involved in any trouble.
I'm not saying the scenario you describe doesn't happen very often at matches and I have witnessed groups of fans confronting others many times.
Also most of my post was about what happened inside the ground. The only fans at risk of being "under attack" were the ones at the front - why did quite a large number of fans sitting behind me feel the need to defend them ?

If you expect Swans fans to sit down quietly while opposition fans are jumping over hoardings onto the pitch and into the side area to get at them, you are living in dreamland and going to away games probably isn't for you.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trouble at Bristol on 11:19 - Jul 1 with 1230 viewssainthelens

Trouble at Bristol on 11:05 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Don t be daft, not defending it at all. Like you I've spent majority of my life traveling away, and ther's been plenty of times we've been confronted without looking for trouble. Needless to say I've chosen not exchange numbers but defend myself. That's not being a hooligan, it's common sense.
Trouble at Bristol on 11:46 - Jul 1 with 1210 viewsSTID2017

Trouble at Bristol on 11:18 - Jul 1 by Chief

If you expect Swans fans to sit down quietly while opposition fans are jumping over hoardings onto the pitch and into the side area to get at them, you are living in dreamland and going to away games probably isn't for you.

Thanks for your take on that.
With respect been to countless away games over the years so I know what a minority of our fans class as acceptable behaviour, but if it is all the same to you I will continue to watch Swans away and leave the hooliganism to those with a taste for it.

Trouble at Bristol on 11:48 - Jul 1 with 1207 viewsChief

Trouble at Bristol on 11:46 - Jul 1 by STID2017

Thanks for your take on that.
With respect been to countless away games over the years so I know what a minority of our fans class as acceptable behaviour, but if it is all the same to you I will continue to watch Swans away and leave the hooliganism to those with a taste for it.

Yea crack on pal

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024