Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JENKINS HAS GONE 19:40 - Feb 2 with 43589 viewsNeathJack

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47105213
JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:29 - Feb 2 with 3653 viewsTim_Harry

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:24 - Feb 2 by Captain_Sham

You mean like the opinion that Potter threatened to quit has been accepted as fact? or that James wanted to stay has been accepted as fact?
Which way does the evidence point?
You start of deriding people for making crass assumptions and then proceed to do exactly the same thing with your last paragraph.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:25]

I don't recall "deriding" anyone's opinion. I was just questioning it. Huge difference.

My last paragraph was also meant to be opinion. Not in any way a fact. Sorry if you misunderstood that.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:32 - Feb 2 with 3588 viewswaynekerr55

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:23 - Feb 2 by WarwickHunt

Gone out for a kebab.

Has he tweeted about Turkish delight cheesecake?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:33 - Feb 2 with 3542 viewsJacket

Good news on the face of it. But the question I'm asking is why he's left. If he thought there was one tiny glimmer things could be turned round, he'd still be here. He knows there's only one way things are heading. Things will get worse, much worse, before they get any better. This is confirmation that these yanks are asset stripping, if ever it was in any doubt.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:34]
JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:38 - Feb 2 with 3447 viewsCaptain_Sham

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:29 - Feb 2 by Tim_Harry

I don't recall "deriding" anyone's opinion. I was just questioning it. Huge difference.

My last paragraph was also meant to be opinion. Not in any way a fact. Sorry if you misunderstood that.

Well lets see if its repeated often enough so as to be accepted as fact. That's what happens , right?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:39]

Its just a ride.

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:42 - Feb 2 with 3357 viewsTim_Harry

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:38 - Feb 2 by Captain_Sham

Well lets see if its repeated often enough so as to be accepted as fact. That's what happens , right?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 21:39]

Hopefully not. The last thing I'd want is my speculative views to be accepted as fact. Although if it provokes some sort of discussion then that would be nice.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:03 - Feb 2 with 3083 viewsSwansea93

The yanks are never here so us chanting etc wont put them off one bit, they are laughing.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:06 - Feb 2 with 3018 viewsOldjack

JENKINS HAS GONE on 20:03 - Feb 2 by jeza739

Perhaps he might donate his remaining shares to the trust!

Now that would be the honourable thing to do

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:11 - Feb 2 with 2937 viewsDarran

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:06 - Feb 2 by Oldjack

Now that would be the honourable thing to do

Won’t make any difference they’ve signed the voting rights over.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:13 - Feb 2 with 2887 viewsdobjack2

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:11 - Feb 2 by Darran

It still astounds me that people don’t know this or the consequences of Signing over the voting rights.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:16 - Feb 2 with 2835 viewsmonmouth

I would just add a few words to that Daz.

Deliberately, to ensure the supporters trust could never have any shareholder protection and to ensure that the model he lauded to get his MBE could never carry any weight again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 2750 viewsOldjack

fuk I missed that day ,WHY did they sign them over ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:22 - Feb 2 with 2737 viewsLeonWasGod

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:16 - Feb 2 by monmouth

I would just add a few words to that Daz.

Deliberately, to ensure the supporters trust could never have any shareholder protection and to ensure that the model he lauded to get his MBE could never carry any weight again.

Yeah, we don’t want to forget that.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:29 - Feb 2 with 2605 viewsbermudajack

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:22 - Feb 2 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, we don’t want to forget that.

I have a strong feeling that Potter will follow Huw out of the door pretty soon 😩😩🙈

Potter is Huw’s man and would have been reassured throughout this shytshow by him...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:33 - Feb 2 with 2538 viewsMagic_Michu

Can’t believe it... I actually feel gutted. Really concerned and worried about what the Americans will now be capable of doing.

Jenkins totally screwed up in selling to them but I feel he reigned them in doing more damage to us... and he is a genuine fan.

Thanks Huw for for bring Premier League and European football to Swansea... it still feels like a dream!

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:38 - Feb 2 with 2501 viewsN_T_J

JENKINS HAS GONE on 21:32 - Feb 2 by waynekerr55

Has he tweeted about Turkish delight cheesecake?

It does sound lovely though 😂
JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:38 - Feb 2 with 2492 viewsSwanseaman

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:33 - Feb 2 by Magic_Michu

Can’t believe it... I actually feel gutted. Really concerned and worried about what the Americans will now be capable of doing.

Jenkins totally screwed up in selling to them but I feel he reigned them in doing more damage to us... and he is a genuine fan.

Thanks Huw for for bring Premier League and European football to Swansea... it still feels like a dream!

It was a really good dream while it lasted, but like a lit of good it dreams, it turned into a nightmare.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:46 - Feb 2 with 2414 viewsskacrazy

This sums everything up! No genuine fan would have 4cked over our club the way he did. The dream would have lived on a lot longer if the sell outs hadn't been blinded by the £££££. 4ck him and now hope the rest follow. Whatever happens STID
JENKINS HAS GONE on 23:15 - Feb 2 with 2294 viewsSmellyplumz

Shut up, the bloke is an utter snivelling c unt of a man, history will judge him long and hard.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

JENKINS HAS GONE on 23:28 - Feb 2 with 2213 viewsdobjack2

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:21 - Feb 2 by Oldjack

$$$$$ I assume. Buying 67% or whatever of the shares superficially hid that they had acquired 75 % of the voting rights as voting rights were sold for shares the sellers retained.

It allows the buyers to do a lot of things with the company that the Trust and other shareholders combined could have prevented if they held 25.1% of the voting rights.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 23:29 - Feb 2 with 2200 viewsJonathans_coat

JENKINS HAS GONE on 22:21 - Feb 2 by Oldjack

For roughly 68 million reasons.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 23:29 - Feb 2 with 2195 viewsKrisP

Actually stunned so many are buying his martyr act. He did this to us! He blew £100m+ on the likes of Bony, Ayew, Clucas. All after selling out for millions and still taking a huge wage. Rumoured to have stopped one transfer and suddenly he's one of us, sticking it to the yanks.

What are the odds on him making a Lazarus-like return if a consortium buy out the yanks?
JENKINS HAS GONE on 00:03 - Feb 3 with 2071 viewsmajorraglan

Just come home, heard the news and read all 8 pages of this thread. Lots of posters making really good points and as always some make some dull ones.

I think the way the club were sold by the previous owners and the way the Trust was treated was poor, very poor. Today’s news has come as a surprise, and to be honest is a little concerning. I respect Huw Jenkns for the way he and the others built the club up post 2002, however the sale and other business has taken the shine off that respect to the extent I waned them out.

I don’t know whether HJ has fallen on his sword in an attempt to prevent any further damage to his reputation and standing amongst the fans and wider Swansea Community, or whether he was pushed by the new owners. There are lots of stories and rumours in the press, but if it’s true the new owners wanted to sell Dan James and HJ failed/declined to engage with Leeds then that would suggest serious differences at the top, which makes me think that the new owners have “pushed” him. It may even be a combination of both. The thought of being public enemy no 1 for quite a few people in Swansea wouldn’t bring one a deal of pleasure.

It may be that the books need balencing, but it may equally be a case of the new owners selling assets to raise funds. Given that HJ was the Chair and someone who should have a handle on what’s going on, this makes me believe it’s the latter and the selling is fund raising/disposing of assets. Come the summer, I suspect that there will be further departures, the high earners coming to the end of their contract will be allowed to leave and the youngsters who signed new contracts, Rodon, Roberts, Grimes, McBurjie, Fulton? and Dan James who nearly went in January will all be sold.

I have mixed feelings, a part of me is pleased with tonight’s news, but part of me is very apprehensive and concerned. Just look at what’s happened at Coventry City.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 00:58 - Feb 3 with 1963 viewsnyc_swans

it's not bad because of what he did for the club ages ago, it's bad because it's reflective of massive internal strife and disorder and not a single person here will be convinced that anybody in charge has a clue what to do now.

i get the sense that the owners think that because they are business people and wealthy that they can make this up as they go along, but there's no doubt they were leaning on huw for guidance and without him they're plunging even deeper into the darkness.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 04:57 - Feb 3 with 1780 viewswobbly

JENKINS HAS GONE on 20:40 - Feb 2 by Yossarian

There may be one tiny chink of light at the end of this tunnel......
Jenkins knows where the bodies are buried. He could turn out to be a witness for the Trust in any Court action.
However, if he has signed some non-disclosure/ confidentiality agreement to guarantee a payout then he has proved everybody right.
There is only ONE way the sellouts can now redeem themselves in the eyes of this City...to do the Yanks befor they do us.

Except the court action is against Jenkins as well as the Americans.
JENKINS HAS GONE on 07:07 - Feb 3 with 1687 viewsicecoldjack

JENKINS HAS GONE on 23:29 - Feb 2 by KrisP

Actually stunned so many are buying his martyr act. He did this to us! He blew £100m+ on the likes of Bony, Ayew, Clucas. All after selling out for millions and still taking a huge wage. Rumoured to have stopped one transfer and suddenly he's one of us, sticking it to the yanks.

What are the odds on him making a Lazarus-like return if a consortium buy out the yanks?

Can this above comment be made into a sticky?
Seems many people are forgetting the role Jenkins and Co. have played in our demise.

Greed ensured our great club will be ruined, let's always remember how we got here !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024