Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH - Villa 10:39 - Feb 3 with 5917 views34dfgdf54

Was wanted by Villa last week, we wanted too much. They’ll try again in summer when he’s out of contract. They are vultures fair play.

Source - Nixon.
VDH - Villa on 11:41 - Feb 3 with 2947 views_

Is this the same Van Der Hoorn that says he's close to a new contract?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH - Villa on 12:01 - Feb 3 with 2854 viewsSwansea93

VDH - Villa on 11:41 - Feb 3 by _

Where has he said that?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

VDH - Villa on 12:06 - Feb 3 with 2821 viewsthornabyswan

VDH - Villa on 12:01 - Feb 3 by Swansea93

Where has he said that?

He did say that but if Villa had offered a price he would have gone no doubt.

What makes you think he is any different to Carrol Fer Bony Montero or James.
They would sell their own granny for a shilling this lot.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

VDH - Villa on 12:07 - Feb 3 with 2799 viewsomarjack

Terrific, now we'll be losing him for free. AND not replace him obviously.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

VDH - Villa on 12:11 - Feb 3 with 2778 viewsbazzool

I didn't read the story but the headlines on one article on NewsNow says he doesn't know what the future holds
VDH - Villa on 12:16 - Feb 3 with 2756 viewsJoe_bradshaw

VDH - Villa on 12:07 - Feb 3 by omarjack

That’s what the hedge fund will be thinking.

Which is why they’ll offer him a new contract.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

VDH - Villa on 12:18 - Feb 3 with 2720 viewsomarjack

VDH - Villa on 12:16 - Feb 3 by Joe_bradshaw

That’s what the hedge fund will be thinking.

Which is why they’ll offer him a new contract.

Which he will reject? And move to wherever he wants, sign for a club that actually spend money, and get a really big contract in comparison to what we'd ever offer him (Clubs always give massive wages when they sign free agents)

VDH - Villa on 12:19 - Feb 3 with 2722 views34dfgdf54

VDH - Villa on 11:41 - Feb 3 by _

Has he said he’s close to a new contract?

I’d be amazed if he was still here next season.
Login to get fewer ads

VDH - Villa on 12:23 - Feb 3 with 2694 viewsdobjack2

Stated in an interview yesterday that he is in talks about a new contract but has to know what the club wants for the future, what he wants for the future and he’ll make a decision.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 12:23]
VDH - Villa on 12:23 - Feb 3 with 2685 views_

VDH - Villa on 12:19 - Feb 3 by 34dfgdf54

Has he said he’s close to a new contract?

I’d be amazed if he was still here next season.

Yes he has and doesn't what you've said happened actually give credit to the Americans?

They know he's out of contract in the Summer and they had a chance to sell him now.

They could've taken whatever as that whatever will be more than we'll get in the
Summer.

Come on mate, think.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH - Villa on 12:24 - Feb 3 with 2678 viewsOldjack

If things don't change for the better soon next august window is gonna be a nightmare if the last one is anything to go by

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

VDH - Villa on 12:35 - Feb 3 with 2597 views34dfgdf54

VDH - Villa on 12:23 - Feb 3 by _

Yes he has and doesn't what you've said happened actually give credit to the Americans?

They know he's out of contract in the Summer and they had a chance to sell him now.

They could've taken whatever as that whatever will be more than we'll get in the
Summer.

Come on mate, think.

I didn’t know he had said that.

Yes fair play to them for not flogging, no one knows what the offer was though. I’ve been on the Americans back big time since the Dan James situation and for good reason too, but after the statement yesterday saying they would work alongside the Trust to appoint replacement for Huw, I’m willing to hold fire to see what happens next.

I stand by what I said though, as it stands I can’t see players like VDH can still be here next year, our ambition at present is cutting and getting back on our feet, not challenging for promotion.
VDH - Villa on 12:38 - Feb 3 with 2560 viewsItchySphincter

VDH - Villa on 12:07 - Feb 3 by omarjack

Quite possibly but if we’d sold him on Thursday you’d be spitting bullets.

Some of our fans need recalibrating.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

VDH - Villa on 12:51 - Feb 3 with 2484 viewskarnataka

VDH - Villa on 12:11 - Feb 3 by bazzool

I didn't read the story but the headlines on one article on NewsNow says he doesn't know what the future holds

I don't think any player on our books knows what the future holds not just vdH, now that the owners have shown their true intentions towards the playing staff, or should we just refer to them as assets now rather than anything that might imply they are people.

Every player without exception now knows they are quite likely to be sold to anyone during any window for any sum, all the other clubs have do is ask. Fantastic for team morale. Those that make money out of our club must be licking their lips at the sums we might get for Roberts, Rodon, James, Grimes, McBurnie, etc in the summer and they won't give a flying f*ck about the consequences in football terms.
VDH - Villa on 12:57 - Feb 3 with 2453 viewsicecoldjack

VDH - Villa on 12:23 - Feb 3 by dobjack2

Stated in an interview yesterday that he is in talks about a new contract but has to know what the club wants for the future, what he wants for the future and he’ll make a decision.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 12:23]

So code for 'can't wait to get the fook out of this sinking ship'

The likes of Rodon,Roberts,James,Routs,fer,Ollie,nordfelt,Grimes and a few others will be summer targets where they will be offloaded due to end of contract or sold for peanuts to get a return on investment .

The only surprise in all of this is why people are surprised by the actions of yank hedge funders !
It's been clear since day 1 for me.

Example, Joe Allen, could have been a perfect marquee signing to launch the yanks ownership here and would have put every fan at ease from the get go, what happened ? Nothing, Joe was the biggest no brainer signing to ever make, a player who we could have sold easy if we needed to later. They dodged it because there was no money coming in and they wernt putting any of theirs in.

So from that moment people must have been a bit dim to not know how this was going to play out !
VDH - Villa on 13:00 - Feb 3 with 2424 views_

VDH - Villa on 12:51 - Feb 3 by karnataka

I don't think any player on our books knows what the future holds not just vdH, now that the owners have shown their true intentions towards the playing staff, or should we just refer to them as assets now rather than anything that might imply they are people.

Every player without exception now knows they are quite likely to be sold to anyone during any window for any sum, all the other clubs have do is ask. Fantastic for team morale. Those that make money out of our club must be licking their lips at the sums we might get for Roberts, Rodon, James, Grimes, McBurnie, etc in the summer and they won't give a flying f*ck about the consequences in football terms.

That's not true

They speak to Potter and he's the one that's saying the club still has ambitions.

So whilst he's still here and believing the players will be as well

If something changes and Potter becomes disillusioned, like
Jenkins going for example, then we'll be looking at things differently from above.

Things change quickly in football

VDH - Villa on 13:03 - Feb 3 with 2386 viewsomarjack

VDH - Villa on 13:00 - Feb 3 by _

That's not true

They speak to Potter and he's the one that's saying the club still has ambitions.

Jenkins going for example, then we'll be looking at things differently from above.

lol..

Do you think Potter is gonna call the Yanks out on their lack of ambition an pure greed while he's still in charge? I'm almost positive he's already regretting leaving Sweden for this sh!tshow..he was promised a serious chance and serious backing. Instead he got himself a job as an academy coach and a bunch of disheartened spoiled brats who will be gone in the end of the summer anyway.

VDH - Villa on 13:08 - Feb 3 with 2350 viewsSTID2017

That's not true

Potter will leave, either in the summer, or even before if any club offers him an alternative to this lunatic asylum that is our club.
Wake up and smell the coffee Chris

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

VDH - Villa on 13:12 - Feb 3 with 2325 views_

VDH - Villa on 13:03 - Feb 3 by omarjack

lol..

Do you think Potter is gonna call the Yanks out on their lack of ambition an pure greed while he's still in charge? I'm almost positive he's already regretting leaving Sweden for this sh!tshow..he was promised a serious chance and serious backing. Instead he got himself a job as an academy coach and a bunch of disheartened spoiled brats who will be gone in the end of the summer anyway.

No he wasn't and you haven't got a clue, child..

Potter knew exactly what he was signing up to.

And I didn't mean he would call anyone out, that's not his style. But he's as able to weigh up his options just like the next man.

So for now Potter has told his players he has hopes of the play offs. Will recent events change that, we'll see.

VDH - Villa on 13:15 - Feb 3 with 2309 viewskarnataka

That's not true

Why do you think that's not true? If any of us was in a job and our colleagues were being laid off indiscriminately, we would be fearful that we could be next and the fact that the boss says everything is OK and we have ambitions wouldn't allay those fears. I'm sure the club does have ambitions, unfortunately, footballing success isn't among them.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 13:15]
VDH - Villa on 13:20 - Feb 3 with 2270 viewsSTID2017

VDH - Villa on 13:12 - Feb 3 by _

And I didn't mean he would call anyone out, that's not his style. But he's as able to weigh up his options just like the next man.

So for now Potter has told his players he has hopes of the play offs. Will recent events change that, we'll see.

God you are so naive Chris.
Potter came here thinking that whilst some of the higher earners and dead wood would have to be sold or transferred, he would be supported to rebuild the team. Otherwise he wouldn't have come.
As for encouraging his players to aim for the play offs, of course he has to encourage them to aim high, even if realistically he doesn't believe it himself.
What was he supposed to tell them - "We are relegation fodder guys" ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

VDH - Villa on 13:22 - Feb 3 with 2250 viewsmagicdaps10

That's not true

Yet another back track here!!!

A few weeks ago you were calling Potter a pussy!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

VDH - Villa on 13:27 - Feb 3 with 2205 viewsdobjack2

VDH - Villa on 13:12 - Feb 3 by _

Don’t disagree.

Whether anyone wanted it or not Jenkins leaving has had an air of inevitability about it. It was just a question of when, why and on whose terms.

Everyone will be watching and listening to what our owners from across the ocean say and do and the players will be talking to each other. Recent events, not just Jenkins leaving will also play a part.

If Potter decides to go elsewhere I think that would be catastrophic for the playing side of the club.
VDH - Villa on 14:00 - Feb 3 with 2134 views_

VDH - Villa on 13:15 - Feb 3 by karnataka

Why do you think that's not true? If any of us was in a job and our colleagues were being laid off indiscriminately, we would be fearful that we could be next and the fact that the boss says everything is OK and we have ambitions wouldn't allay those fears. I'm sure the club does have ambitions, unfortunately, footballing success isn't among them.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 13:15]

Then you're basically saying Potter is a liar

And that's not his press conference talk, that's his private conversations with his players

VDH - Villa on 14:01 - Feb 3 with 2125 views_

VDH - Villa on 13:20 - Feb 3 by STID2017

God you are so naive Chris.
Potter came here thinking that whilst some of the higher earners and dead wood would have to be sold or transferred, he would be supported to rebuild the team. Otherwise he wouldn't have come.
As for encouraging his players to aim for the play offs, of course he has to encourage them to aim high, even if realistically he doesn't believe it himself.
What was he supposed to tell them - "We are relegation fodder guys" ?

Let's hope Van Der Hoorn believes Potter and not some screwball online then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024