Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 15:54 - Feb 3 with 890 viewsDarran

The Swans’ Trust notes the resignation of Huw Jenkins. Mr Jenkins deserves credit for his part in the Swans’ rise to the Premier League and for that the Trust thanks him.

However on the occasion of his resignation we must also point out, once again, his involvement in the way the sale of the football club to its current owners was conducted, as well as the continuing negative impact of that sale. It is also important to remember Mr Jenkins’s culpability for the disastrous transfer dealings of the past three seasons, which are the main reason the club is in its current position. For these reasons, change was inevitable and necessary. History will decide Huw Jenkins’ place in the annals of Swansea City.

The Trust also notes the club owners’ pledge to work with the Trust to identify Mr Jenkins’ replacement. The Trust remains prepared to talk to the club’s owners about any subject at any time.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement on 15:59 - Feb 3 with 843 viewsPrivate_Partz

Short and sweet because they have nothing to say.
Looks like Phil has no messages on his phone still...….
Looks like this coming week before we will hear anything. IF we do.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Statement on 16:11 - Feb 3 with 783 viewsicecoldjack

All well and good but all too little too late and quite frankly what's the point in paying a wage to anyone while those yanks are in control ?

Does anybody actually think a new chairman will do anything of note under the current regime ?
Yet more pointless faff, the time for action/ strong words etc etc was years ago not after it all fell down.

Swansea is such a small place yet nobody knew anything til it was too late ? Righio .
Trust Statement on 16:17 - Feb 3 with 741 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 16:11 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

All well and good but all too little too late and quite frankly what's the point in paying a wage to anyone while those yanks are in control ?

Does anybody actually think a new chairman will do anything of note under the current regime ?
Yet more pointless faff, the time for action/ strong words etc etc was years ago not after it all fell down.

Swansea is such a small place yet nobody knew anything til it was too late ? Righio .

Depends who the Chairman is. If its Pearlman or Donovan then its yes men all the way with little proven experience. It would also show that any consultation with the Trust was just a PR exercise.
I would like genuine football man at the helm. John Toshack or Frankie Guidolin? :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Statement on 16:24 - Feb 3 with 679 viewsicecoldjack

Trust Statement on 16:17 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Depends who the Chairman is. If its Pearlman or Donovan then its yes men all the way with little proven experience. It would also show that any consultation with the Trust was just a PR exercise.
I would like genuine football man at the helm. John Toshack or Frankie Guidolin? :-)

I'd like to travel to moon next Tuesday, it ain't gonna happen though !

This is exactly the same rubbish we've been swallowing for the last 3 yrs ?

Don't buy a single line of any nonsense !
Trust Statement on 16:27 - Feb 3 with 661 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 16:24 - Feb 3 by icecoldjack

I'd like to travel to moon next Tuesday, it ain't gonna happen though !

This is exactly the same rubbish we've been swallowing for the last 3 yrs ?

Don't buy a single line of any nonsense !

Oh I aint buying it. They have form for offering consultation then nothing comes of it.
A guy can dream though :-)

Trust Statement on 16:31 - Feb 3 with 627 viewsmagicdaps10

This talk of a football relations man coming in, is this giy going to be brought in instead of a chairman or along with a new chairman?

If it is with a new chairman, then why has it not happened sooner.

For me, it whiffs if Landon Donovan coming in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Trust Statement on 16:34 - Feb 3 with 612 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 16:31 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

This talk of a football relations man coming in, is this giy going to be brought in instead of a chairman or along with a new chairman?

If it is with a new chairman, then why has it not happened sooner.

For me, it whiffs if Landon Donovan coming in.

Agreed.
If we are as cash strapped as being indicated then I think both roles should be combined.

Trust Statement on 16:36 - Feb 3 with 583 viewsmagicdaps10

Trust Statement on 16:34 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Agreed.
If we are as cash strapped as being indicated then I think both roles should be combined.

So if it is combined and going buy their statement.

It will be a young, modern man who is very good at speaking to the media.

It is going to be Donovan.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 519 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 16:36 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

So if it is combined and going buy their statement.

It will be a young, modern man who is very good at speaking to the media.

It is going to be Donovan.

Well they seem to be happy with the Chairman / DOF being a non media man leaving the media stuff to the manager.
It has been thus for years. They didn't even help out Frankie when he obviously struggled with the language.
Take your point though. Donovan or Pearlman must be in pole position.

Trust Statement on 17:01 - Feb 3 with 468 viewsjasper_T

Landon Donovan signed a new playing contract in San Diego a week or so ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024