Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nissan Sunderland 18:10 - Feb 3 with 7340 viewsLohengrin

I decided to post this as a stand-alone rather than on the Brexit thread so it could attempt to reply to the comments posted by Gower, Warwick, Ebo and others who have reacted to the news of Nissan’s announcement and the point not be lost in the shuffle. You are some of this site’s brightest and best but you seem blind to what has happened here; the press, especially the pro-EU outlets seem deliberately, wilfully silent.

I’ve been waiting for the hammer to fall I was just kept guessing as to where and when for the last month. Boys, THE EU HAS CAUSED THIS. I sensed immediately what the fall-out was going to be and I was proven balefully right, up to the hilt of the dagger being plunged into the workingmans’ back.

On the 12th of December last the ink was drying in Strasbourg on the new EU-Japan Economic Parnership Agreement granting at the stroke of a pen customs-free access to the European market for goods manufactured in the orient. Within a matter of weeks we have the first announcement that new production is shifting. It’s not going from Sunderland to Frankfurt or Milan or Amiens it’s repatriating to Yokohama. How the feck could they not have seen this coming? These multinationals have sucked the public finances dry through grants, favourable rate and tax breaks and now they have been handed what they wanted all along they are upping sticks and trailing devestation in their wake.

There’s been nothing from our politicians, they are now way, way beyond useless. I’d invite you to look upon and listen to Orwell’s “rat-trap faces of bankers and the brassy laughter of stockbrokers...”

We’re being had.

[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 18:14]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Nissan Sunderland on 22:11 - Feb 4 with 1721 viewssherpajacob

Nissan Sunderland on 22:05 - Feb 4 by Lohengrin

If you’ve nothing to offer but just grizzle with your hand out what use are you going to be?

Help Mart pack. Bring a big case, he’ll have frocks.

If being down arrowed on a football fans forum gets to you this much, either seek help or perhaps best you refrain from social media for a while.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Nissan Sunderland on 22:13 - Feb 4 with 1717 viewsLohengrin

Nissan Sunderland on 22:11 - Feb 4 by deanscfc

You don't really talk much sense. Own the sh*t that you helped to create. Remainers warned that this investment would be pulled back in 2016.. it was so f'n obvious. Yet leavers laughed it off as 'project fear'. In fact there's a great tweet by the official leave.eu account saying it would never happen...want me to post it or shall we stop there?

The £166 billion of assets moved last week by Barclays out of the to Dublin was also just brilliant wasn't it... that's 30 years worth of net EU contributions gone in seconds.

And still...ask leavers where their fully published brexit plan is and they have sweet FA.

I am still now what I was passionately at 16 - staunchly, avowedly European.

Brussels is the negation of all that.

Nissan Sunderland on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 1703 viewsLohengrin

Nissan Sunderland on 22:11 - Feb 4 by sherpajacob

If being down arrowed on a football fans forum gets to you this much, either seek help or perhaps best you refrain from social media for a while.

It doesn’t bother me in the least. I’m enjoying myself immensely.

Nissan Sunderland on 01:16 - Feb 5 with 1646 viewsDJack

Nissan Sunderland on 15:55 - Feb 4 by Highjack

Thanks Godwin but you can’t seriously compare championing the growth of British companies over the interests of predatory carnivorous multinationals to worldwide annihilation.

Also as a side note it could be argued that the First World War was largely caused by two big blocks of countries coming together in a mutual protection pact followed by a flashpoint event that triggered a chain reaction. Pretty much the opposite of nationalism.

That flashpoint event was triggered by Nationalists...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Nissan Sunderland on 01:18 - Feb 5 with 1644 viewsDJack

Nissan Sunderland on 20:54 - Feb 4 by Lohengrin

That combined with fall of the Warsaw Pact has rendered the original treaty of 1952 and all subsequent compacts utterly moribund.

I stand with Marine for the working people of Europe against the money power.

Allez...

Ah, yes the French Right wing who are being bankrolled by Putin and his tame bank. Best find your password for your Lord Haw Haw account.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Nissan Sunderland on 01:42 - Feb 5 with 1640 viewsDJack

just for 6traM

Nissan Sunderland on 12:21 - Feb 7 with 1481 viewsDafyddHuw

Nissan Sunderland on 22:13 - Feb 4 by Lohengrin

I am still now what I was passionately at 16 - staunchly, avowedly European.

Brussels is the negation of all that.

In which case why vote leave? If you want to change how the EU works, how can you possibly do that from the outside looking in, nose pressed up against the window, wiping the snot from your nose with a ragged sleeve?

But hey-ho, you crack on. Part of me wants a hard Brexit to go ahead, so that people can see what a total shitfest it all is. Still, at least with Brexit we'll have control over our borders. It would be awful to continue with foreign doctors, foreign nurses, even foreign fruit-pickers.
Nissan Sunderland on 13:39 - Feb 7 with 1440 viewsHighjack

Nissan Sunderland on 12:21 - Feb 7 by DafyddHuw

In which case why vote leave? If you want to change how the EU works, how can you possibly do that from the outside looking in, nose pressed up against the window, wiping the snot from your nose with a ragged sleeve?

But hey-ho, you crack on. Part of me wants a hard Brexit to go ahead, so that people can see what a total shitfest it all is. Still, at least with Brexit we'll have control over our borders. It would be awful to continue with foreign doctors, foreign nurses, even foreign fruit-pickers.

How can we possibly change the way it works?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Nissan Sunderland on 17:31 - Feb 7 with 1391 viewspikeypaul

Once we are out we do not care what they get up to and will not be interested in dictating what they do,unlike them with us ,they just can not stomach us doing are own thing.

The majority realised Tusk and his fellow bunch of unelected beauracrats will never change and that's why we are coming out.

Fortunately we have not buckled like the cowards in S Ireland,Denmark and France who in the past have voted for something that Brussels did not like and were told to go away,vote again and come back with the answer Brussels wants,which they did like scolded little children.

No wonder those countries have the history they have with such cowardice.

50 AFLI

SIUYRL
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 17:36]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Nissan Sunderland on 19:04 - Feb 7 with 1345 viewssherpajacob

Nissan Sunderland on 17:31 - Feb 7 by pikeypaul

Once we are out we do not care what they get up to and will not be interested in dictating what they do,unlike them with us ,they just can not stomach us doing are own thing.

The majority realised Tusk and his fellow bunch of unelected beauracrats will never change and that's why we are coming out.

Fortunately we have not buckled like the cowards in S Ireland,Denmark and France who in the past have voted for something that Brussels did not like and were told to go away,vote again and come back with the answer Brussels wants,which they did like scolded little children.

50 AFLI

SIUYRL

Tusk was elected. Theresa May voted for him.

Nissan Sunderland on 19:08 - Feb 7 with 1337 viewsHighjack

Nissan Sunderland on 19:04 - Feb 7 by sherpajacob

Tusk was elected. Theresa May voted for him.

Isn’t it rather telling that the one country who opposed his appointment was his own?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Nissan Sunderland on 19:15 - Feb 7 with 1322 viewssherpajacob

Nissan Sunderland on 17:31 - Feb 7 by pikeypaul

50 AFLI

SIUYRL

In 2000, Denmark voted in a referendum not to be in the EURO.

Denmark isn't in the EURO.

Bloody bullying EU dictatorship accepting the result and not forcing them to vote again.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_and_the_euro

Nissan Sunderland on 19:17 - Feb 7 with 1318 viewssherpajacob

Nissan Sunderland on 19:08 - Feb 7 by Highjack

Isn’t it rather telling that the one country who opposed his appointment was his own?

What part of democratically elected by 27 out of 28 governments don't you get?

Are you seeking to overturn the result?

Nissan Sunderland on 19:46 - Feb 7 with 1302 viewsHighjack

Nissan Sunderland on 19:17 - Feb 7 by sherpajacob

What part of democratically elected by 27 out of 28 governments don't you get?

Are you seeking to overturn the result?

Not at all. Just simply pointing out the peculiar happenstance the one country who opposed his appointment was the country most familiar with him.

Who were the other candidates in this “election” out of interest?

Nissan Sunderland on 20:03 - Feb 7 with 1279 viewsHighjack

Hint: there were no other candidates. Yay democracy!

Nissan Sunderland on 21:01 - Feb 7 with 1240 viewssherpajacob

Nissan Sunderland on 20:03 - Feb 7 by Highjack

Hint: there were no other candidates. Yay democracy!

A lot in common with Theresa May.

Maybe that's why she voted for him.

Democracy comes in many forms.

Nissan Sunderland on 13:20 - Feb 8 with 1149 viewscontroversial_jack

Nissan Sunderland on 21:01 - Feb 7 by sherpajacob

A lot in common with Theresa May.

Maybe that's why she voted for him.

Democracy comes in many forms.

Spot on.There's more to democracy than just putting a cross on a piece of paper once every few years
Nissan Sunderland on 14:23 - Feb 8 with 1120 viewsLohengrin

Nissan Sunderland on 13:20 - Feb 8 by controversial_jack

Spot on.There's more to democracy than just putting a cross on a piece of paper once every few years

Put some flesh on the bones for us then, Aristotle.

The weather’s crap and I could do with a laugh to brighten the day.

Edit: Hello again, Mart6.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 14:51]

Nissan Sunderland on 14:36 - Feb 8 with 1109 viewsLohengrin

I didn’t. I used to think like you and if you cast your mind back a few years you may well remember me banging the drum for a remain vote. Over the course of the last few years the more I’ve travelled and the more widely I have read I have come around to regarding the EU as it’s currently constituted in a different light. I don’t think reform is possible from within and for those of us who identify strongly as ‘European’ recognition is coming that we have to ‘break it to remake it.’ Brexit, and I’m thinking in terms of a temporary British shift, could well be the catalyst.

The impetus for a bloodless revolution is coming and the forthcoming EU elections will give proof of that. Those who are there by the score as little more than the paid lobbyists of multi-nationals will be unseated and replaced by those who think and act as ‘Europeans.’

Nissan Sunderland on 09:37 - Jan 22 with 620 viewspikeypaul

Nissan Sunderland on 22:11 - Feb 4 by deanscfc

You don't really talk much sense. Own the sh*t that you helped to create. Remainers warned that this investment would be pulled back in 2016.. it was so f'n obvious. Yet leavers laughed it off as 'project fear'. In fact there's a great tweet by the official leave.eu account saying it would never happen...want me to post it or shall we stop there?

The £166 billion of assets moved last week by Barclays out of the to Dublin was also just brilliant wasn't it... that's 30 years worth of net EU contributions gone in seconds.

And still...ask leavers where their fully published brexit plan is and they have sweet FA.

Brexit plan a little clearer for you now Dean?

Democracy and the will of the British people got there in the end despite the efforts of people like you😀😀😀
🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

And like the OP said Brexit had nothing to do with earlier Nissan decisions,and now the boss is saying BREXIT is a massive advantage to the company,what idiots the remoaners must feel now.😀😀😀😀😀😀
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 13:00]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Nissan Sunderland on 11:48 - Jan 22 with 574 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Nissan announced today the future of the Sunderland plant is safe. They are also moving some battery production to the Sunderland area to supply the plant.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024