Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? 19:39 - Feb 3 with 4082 views34dfgdf54

Is anyone going to counter what Jenkins Mrs said earlier?

I know at the time they came out and said they agreed with it, or something along those lines, but were they front runners in the action being taken?
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:40 - Feb 3 with 3014 viewswaynekerr55

Did they send the email?

Was this a request that they chose to respond to?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:47 - Feb 3 with 2917 viewsUplandsJack

They released this statement shortly after Laudrup was axed.

Trust chairman Phil Sumbler said the Trust had been aware of "growing concerns" among the Swansea City board regarding Premier League performances.

In a statement, the Trust said: "During its tenure at the club, the current board, including a representative of the Supporters' Trust, has made key decisions which have taken the club forward, and ultimately we believe that this decision has been taken with the best interest of the club in mind."
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:48 - Feb 3 with 2902 viewsUplandsJack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:47 - Feb 3 by UplandsJack

They released this statement shortly after Laudrup was axed.

Trust chairman Phil Sumbler said the Trust had been aware of "growing concerns" among the Swansea City board regarding Premier League performances.

In a statement, the Trust said: "During its tenure at the club, the current board, including a representative of the Supporters' Trust, has made key decisions which have taken the club forward, and ultimately we believe that this decision has been taken with the best interest of the club in mind."

Doesn't say anywhere it was their decision or that they were pushing for it to happen.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:51 - Feb 3 with 2854 viewssg1912

She told a half truth about his wages, he was on 500k post relegation and as for Laudrup, HJ consistently overruled him on transfer dealings and it continued with the managers that followed, therefore I am sceptical about the Trust being involved
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:52 - Feb 3 with 2831 viewsJack11

She’s shot HJ in the foot with that statement anyway. Esentially she is saying the trust had sway in big decisions or were at least heavily consulted. Then the way the takeover was handled proves she’s talking shite.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:58 - Feb 3 with 2772 viewsWarwickHunt

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 19:51 - Feb 3 by sg1912

She told a half truth about his wages, he was on 500k post relegation and as for Laudrup, HJ consistently overruled him on transfer dealings and it continued with the managers that followed, therefore I am sceptical about the Trust being involved

After foisting N’Gog and Emnes on him and his insistence that Monk joined the coaching staff didn’t result in his Laudrup’s expected resignation, Jenkins (after shaking hands on Laudrup staying) made one or more phone calls and sacked him within hours by email. Classy,

I’d bet that Morgan was consulted and the Trust weren’t.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:11 - Feb 3 with 2681 viewsBLAZE

A lot of people wanted him gone at the time, people conveniently forget that now. I admit I thought it was the right decision at the time - I had no reason to doubt the shareholders and trusted their judgement - but looking back it was clearly the start of the decline

If the trust wanted him gone then they weren’t alone. The claim that they demanded it is hilarious though. Give or take some small victories to keep them sweet, when did the other shareholders ever care what the trust thought?
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:14 - Feb 3 with 2642 viewsmagicdaps10

Put my hands up here, I wanted Laudrup gone but it is certainly a case of being wise after the event.

It was clear Laudrup lost interest after the goings on in the background.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:15 - Feb 3 with 2623 viewsswan65split

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:11 - Feb 3 by BLAZE

A lot of people wanted him gone at the time, people conveniently forget that now. I admit I thought it was the right decision at the time - I had no reason to doubt the shareholders and trusted their judgement - but looking back it was clearly the start of the decline

If the trust wanted him gone then they weren’t alone. The claim that they demanded it is hilarious though. Give or take some small victories to keep them sweet, when did the other shareholders ever care what the trust thought?

Yep we were in a bad spell, but just like now, something was brewing in the background, that most of us never know about.
sadly since that Cup win, things have deteriorated, there is a common denominator no doubt.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:16 - Feb 3 with 2604 views34dfgdf54

No I actually agree. It was the right time for Laudrup to go, he lost the dressing room.

My question, I suppose, is was the Trust complicit with Jenkins pretty much taking over transfers and recruitment, which is widely assumed happened immediately after Laudrup was given the boot.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:19 - Feb 3 with 2568 viewsOldjack

Sleep walking us into relegation ,shame that

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:24 - Feb 3 with 2514 viewsDr_Winston

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:16 - Feb 3 by 34dfgdf54

No I actually agree. It was the right time for Laudrup to go, he lost the dressing room.

My question, I suppose, is was the Trust complicit with Jenkins pretty much taking over transfers and recruitment, which is widely assumed happened immediately after Laudrup was given the boot.

As many said at the time, the problem was not the removal of Laudrup. It was replacing him with Jenkins' chief informer, who was utterly unqualified and unsuitable for the job.

Had we appointed a competent manager and let him get on with it then thing would probably have been very different.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:30 - Feb 3 with 2454 viewsmonmouth

The Trust Director at the time was a super nice guy, bigger Swans fan than anyone on the Board, but a compromised doormat that naively thought everyone was on the same side. The Trust was simply not equipped to fight the war it didn't realise it was fighting and will always be harshly judged on that.

Did Huw Cooze insist Laudrup was sacked and Jenkins said 'ok boss'? The idea is laughable. Cooze would have found out after or agreed with the consensus before and ben perfectly justified in doing so given the circumstances, and I can't remember too many disagreeing at the time. I certainly didn't, and still don't. Just wish we'd got a real manager in as a replacement and told Monk to f*ck off to Bristol City with his poison.

I assume the Jenkins PR strategy is now 'discredit the Trust' before mediation and the vote. Jenkins would come out of proceedings badly, whatever the outcome, and has already been exposed as refusing mediation. The Yanks will probably be after his blood now too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:33 - Feb 3 with 2421 viewsexiledclaseboy

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:30 - Feb 3 by monmouth

The Trust Director at the time was a super nice guy, bigger Swans fan than anyone on the Board, but a compromised doormat that naively thought everyone was on the same side. The Trust was simply not equipped to fight the war it didn't realise it was fighting and will always be harshly judged on that.

Did Huw Cooze insist Laudrup was sacked and Jenkins said 'ok boss'? The idea is laughable. Cooze would have found out after or agreed with the consensus before and ben perfectly justified in doing so given the circumstances, and I can't remember too many disagreeing at the time. I certainly didn't, and still don't. Just wish we'd got a real manager in as a replacement and told Monk to f*ck off to Bristol City with his poison.

I assume the Jenkins PR strategy is now 'discredit the Trust' before mediation and the vote. Jenkins would come out of proceedings badly, whatever the outcome, and has already been exposed as refusing mediation. The Yanks will probably be after his blood now too.

That last para. It’s become pretty obvious on here today.

Poll: Tory leader

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:54 - Feb 3 with 2277 viewsGaryjack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:33 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

I stated in another thread some hours ago that his 'resignation' had a bad smell about it. Monny nailed it.

Edit: Though i don't think the yanks are after his blood. I truly believe at this point that it's co-ordinated.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 21:02]
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:55 - Feb 3 with 2253 viewsUxbridge

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:33 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

It was to be expected.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:20 - Feb 3 with 2092 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:54 - Feb 3 by Garyjack

I stated in another thread some hours ago that his 'resignation' had a bad smell about it. Monny nailed it.

Edit: Though i don't think the yanks are after his blood. I truly believe at this point that it's co-ordinated.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 21:02]

It was obvious on Thursday night when it emerged that Jenkins had stopped Dan’s transfer by becoming incommunicado that he would be sacked. I posted it then.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:24 - Feb 3 with 2060 viewsLeonWasGod

Yes they did, agreed. I wasn't unhappy to see the change either. Sad, but not unhappy.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:25 - Feb 3 with 2042 viewsJack59

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:14 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

Put my hands up here, I wanted Laudrup gone but it is certainly a case of being wise after the event.

Who wouldn't loose interest ? He was promised non interference, that's the only reason he came here in the first place.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:35 - Feb 3 with 1986 viewsmajorraglan

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 20:14 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

The performance against West Ham was abject, but I wanted him to stay.
Looking back it appears there were cliques amongst the players and that was enough, along with some patchy form to see him gone. Certainly looks like player power may have been a factor, but when you have a settled nucleus of players who’ve been at a club for a long time, unless you are someone like Alex Ferguson it may be a difficult situation. A new manager changing things may not always be appreciated. Look at Man U and the contrast between results under Mourhinio and Solskjaer.

Edit - clarification.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 21:36]
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:40 - Feb 3 with 1952 viewsGaryjack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:20 - Feb 3 by Joe_bradshaw

It was obvious on Thursday night when it emerged that Jenkins had stopped Dan’s transfer by becoming incommunicado that he would be sacked. I posted it then.

Nothing is obvious here Joe. Just bare that in mind.
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:41 - Feb 3 with 1947 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:35 - Feb 3 by majorraglan

The performance against West Ham was abject, but I wanted him to stay.
Looking back it appears there were cliques amongst the players and that was enough, along with some patchy form to see him gone. Certainly looks like player power may have been a factor, but when you have a settled nucleus of players who’ve been at a club for a long time, unless you are someone like Alex Ferguson it may be a difficult situation. A new manager changing things may not always be appreciated. Look at Man U and the contrast between results under Mourhinio and Solskjaer.

Edit - clarification.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 21:36]

The West Ham performance was indeed abject. We dispatched Fulham in the previous game with comfort and not long before that we won at Old Trafford.

I don’t believe for one second that we were “sleepwalking to relegation “ as appears to have become the accepted version of our situation at the time.

Laudrup was not sacked for the results on the pitch.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:54 - Feb 3 with 1849 viewsPhil_S

From what I remember of the time there was no demanding he was to be sacked but Huw (Cooze) would have been involved in the discussions (indeed I remember him calling me on the night of the sacking to tell me the decision had been taken) and eps abreast of the decision

But to say he was sacked because the Trust demanded it is s stretch of the truth that I cannot see many believing
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:55 - Feb 3 with 1844 views34dfgdf54

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:54 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

From what I remember of the time there was no demanding he was to be sacked but Huw (Cooze) would have been involved in the discussions (indeed I remember him calling me on the night of the sacking to tell me the decision had been taken) and eps abreast of the decision

But to say he was sacked because the Trust demanded it is s stretch of the truth that I cannot see many believing

Fair enough.

Cheers Phil
Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:55 - Feb 3 with 1840 viewsKilkennyjack

Did the Trust insist Laudrup was sacked? on 21:41 - Feb 3 by Joe_bradshaw

The West Ham performance was indeed abject. We dispatched Fulham in the previous game with comfort and not long before that we won at Old Trafford.

I don’t believe for one second that we were “sleepwalking to relegation “ as appears to have become the accepted version of our situation at the time.

Laudrup was not sacked for the results on the pitch.

Agreed.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024