Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan 13:54 - Feb 4 with 3308 viewsvalleyboy

Reading a posting on another site. Makes me wonder if the poster there has hit on something

Now that I’m beginning to believe there is a black hole in the accounts of Swansea City AFC and the possibility that things will go pear shape for the Swans.

Could it be that Jenkins has gone now, when he should have done the right thing and gone many times before. Only for him to ride back as a knight in shining armour to rescue a club that he and the other conniving directors had brought to its knees

Especially with the rumours flying around that I have heard over the last 6-9 months, makes me believe that the poster that wrote this on SCFC2 may have made a very good poin
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 13:58 - Feb 4 with 2618 viewsswan65split

Would that involve the fans putting money in again??
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:00 - Feb 4 with 2589 viewspembsjack

I think there is a lot more going on than we are aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if HJ has a plan to takeover, just as the Yanks have a plan to milk every dollar. After its all played out, the Yanks will sell the club to whoever offers most, there will be no loyalty toward HJ. Personally, I would imagine that the Americans are a lot more sophisticated and cunning than HJ. Its a battle between greedy rats and our club is in the middle being treat as fodder.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 14:01]
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:01 - Feb 4 with 2576 viewsswan65split

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:00 - Feb 4 by pembsjack

I think there is a lot more going on than we are aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if HJ has a plan to takeover, just as the Yanks have a plan to milk every dollar. After its all played out, the Yanks will sell the club to whoever offers most, there will be no loyalty toward HJ. Personally, I would imagine that the Americans are a lot more sophisticated and cunning than HJ. Its a battle between greedy rats and our club is in the middle being treat as fodder.

Yep.
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:07 - Feb 4 with 2530 viewsvalleyboy

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:00 - Feb 4 by pembsjack

Could also be a way to get the supporters part (Trust) written into history
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:10 - Feb 4 with 2513 viewsSomethingRandom

There's been a big black hole in the accounts for years, such that the Swans have been living off their overdrafts and on loans from various banks. For example, when Mawson was sold to Fulham, £10m of the fee wasn't payable immediately. £5m is payable in August 2019 and £5m in August 2020. However, the club took out a loan against those future receipts and so those payments won't come to the club but go to Macquarie Bank (a bank I've never heard of!). Same thing happened with Mesa, Fabianski, Sigurdson and no doubt many more.

It's all on Companies House website for all to see.

Jog on, Kitty...

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:13 - Feb 4 with 2483 viewsgiantstoneater

The only way for HJ to help is to dish the dirt on the board - Turn Queens evidence!!
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:14 - Feb 4 with 2470 viewsandrew

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:10 - Feb 4 by SomethingRandom

There's been a big black hole in the accounts for years, such that the Swans have been living off their overdrafts and on loans from various banks. For example, when Mawson was sold to Fulham, £10m of the fee wasn't payable immediately. £5m is payable in August 2019 and £5m in August 2020. However, the club took out a loan against those future receipts and so those payments won't come to the club but go to Macquarie Bank (a bank I've never heard of!). Same thing happened with Mesa, Fabianski, Sigurdson and no doubt many more.

It's all on Companies House website for all to see.

Jordan Ayews purchase was a loan too.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:16 - Feb 4 with 2458 viewswobbly

The sellers went to huge lengths to engineer their payout, trashing their “legacy” to maximise their return.

Why on earth would they have a masterplan to go through all that just to put the money back in?

So, it’s never going to happen. HJ is now planning a very happy retirement counting his 30 pieces of silver.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 14:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:18 - Feb 4 with 2438 viewspembsjack

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:07 - Feb 4 by valleyboy

Could also be a way to get the supporters part (Trust) written into history

I do think there's an agenda against the trust, wouldn't be shocked if some of the posts against the trust in the last day or two have come from the sellouts camp. It just seems too convenient, taint the trust and hope they go away?
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:24 - Feb 4 with 2402 viewswaynekerr55

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:18 - Feb 4 by pembsjack

I do think there's an agenda against the trust, wouldn't be shocked if some of the posts against the trust in the last day or two have come from the sellouts camp. It just seems too convenient, taint the trust and hope they go away?

FWIW I genuinely don't think the Res is on the payroll. I disagree with what he says but he's always argued his case.

However I know for a fact that two posters are definitely linked to the sellers; one is definitely a seller and hasn't posted for ages.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:46 - Feb 4 with 2288 viewsvalleyboy

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:16 - Feb 4 by wobbly

The sellers went to huge lengths to engineer their payout, trashing their “legacy” to maximise their return.

Why on earth would they have a masterplan to go through all that just to put the money back in?

So, it’s never going to happen. HJ is now planning a very happy retirement counting his 30 pieces of silver.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 14:17]

Surely you are not dull enough to think the whole £60 million will have to be paid back to the Yanks are you

How about a third, a quarter or even less. They would still make a handsome profit on the backs of you supporters
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:51 - Feb 4 with 2256 viewswobbly

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:46 - Feb 4 by valleyboy

Surely you are not dull enough to think the whole £60 million will have to be paid back to the Yanks are you

How about a third, a quarter or even less. They would still make a handsome profit on the backs of you supporters

Surely you are not dull enough to think the sellers are going to hand back anything?

They got their 68m. Honestly, can you see them putting their hands back in their pockets for even 10m of that? I can’t. You don’t win the lottery twice.
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:09 - Feb 4 with 2170 viewsvalleyboy

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:51 - Feb 4 by wobbly

Surely you are not dull enough to think the sellers are going to hand back anything?

They got their 68m. Honestly, can you see them putting their hands back in their pockets for even 10m of that? I can’t. You don’t win the lottery twice.

If you think the Yanks won’t get all their money back plus more. Then you haven’t a clue how these hedge fund people work

You only have to look in what they do to whole communities in the US in that they leave them decimated when it runs out of making money

If they can do that in the US, it’s not worth contemplating what they will do in a little town like Swansea

When the Yanks leave there will only one thing left

A much bigger black hole than there is now

These Yanks are not dull and have already decided in what direction they are going
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:10 - Feb 4 with 2166 viewsthornabyswan

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:51 - Feb 4 by wobbly

Jenkins was dull enough to waste the club's money on Bony and Andre Ayew twice.

But yes I think he will be a bit more careful with his own.

Does anyone have a breakdown of who had what when the club was sold.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:42 - Feb 4 with 2048 viewswobbly

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:09 - Feb 4 by valleyboy

If you think the Yanks won’t get all their money back plus more. Then you haven’t a clue how these hedge fund people work

You only have to look in what they do to whole communities in the US in that they leave them decimated when it runs out of making money

If they can do that in the US, it’s not worth contemplating what they will do in a little town like Swansea

When the Yanks leave there will only one thing left

A much bigger black hole than there is now

These Yanks are not dull and have already decided in what direction they are going

You appear to have mixed up sellers and buyers in your response there, Haydn. I wasn’t talking about the yanks.
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:47 - Feb 4 with 2014 viewsdna

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 14:13 - Feb 4 by giantstoneater

The only way for HJ to help is to dish the dirt on the board - Turn Queens evidence!!

Or to donate his remaining shares to the Trust - wouldn't hold my breath on that one!!
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:53 - Feb 4 with 1973 viewsgiantstoneater

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:47 - Feb 4 by dna

Or to donate his remaining shares to the Trust - wouldn't hold my breath on that one!!

Its what they all should have done when they sold up. Not sure if he did that now it would do any good because he handed his voting rights to the new board. What about the rest of the old board are they happy their friend has fallen on his sword.
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 16:00 - Feb 4 with 1943 viewsthornabyswan

More chance of him donating a kidney than them shares.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 16:03 - Feb 4 with 1922 viewsvalleyboy

What good will that do???

Jenkins has already sold out his voting shares to the Yanks Lready

The Yanks have the controlling interest and can virtually do as they want

For example

Jenkins went before he was sacked, but only just

But the point I’m making is that the Yanks didn’t have to get approval from the Trust

They could have done it without their approval
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 16:12 - Feb 4 with 1876 viewsLeonWasGod

More people discussing black holes on here than at the International Particle Accelerator Conference. And still nobody is able to clarify what this actually means.
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 17:16 - Feb 4 with 1647 viewsvalleyboy

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 16:12 - Feb 4 by LeonWasGod

More people discussing black holes on here than at the International Particle Accelerator Conference. And still nobody is able to clarify what this actually means.

The best one to explain what a black hole in financial circumstances is Shaky

Over the years that I have read his postings and there was another that is an accountant working in Sweden writing on another site, have been the best, explaining financial matters concerning Swansea City AFC

My simple interpretation of a “black hole” is that there’s not enough money in the pot and something needs to be done to put some more in

In other words and as far as Swansea City is concerned, either to sell more players or go out and borrow money fro the banks
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 17:27 - Feb 4 with 1609 viewsnantywatcher

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 15:10 - Feb 4 by thornabyswan

Jenkins was dull enough to waste the club's money on Bony and Andre Ayew twice.

But yes I think he will be a bit more careful with his own.

Does anyone have a breakdown of who had what when the club was sold.

Do you believe HJ was that"dull" that he did not get financially rewarded for brokering those diabolical deals?
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 17:34 - Feb 4 with 1558 viewsLeonWasGod

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 17:16 - Feb 4 by valleyboy

The best one to explain what a black hole in financial circumstances is Shaky

Over the years that I have read his postings and there was another that is an accountant working in Sweden writing on another site, have been the best, explaining financial matters concerning Swansea City AFC

My simple interpretation of a “black hole” is that there’s not enough money in the pot and something needs to be done to put some more in

In other words and as far as Swansea City is concerned, either to sell more players or go out and borrow money fro the banks

That's always going to be the case with relegation - a drop in income will always precede the reduction in costs (unless I've still got the wrong end of the stick in all of this). It'd be interesting to have a look at Shaky's stuff again.

We know from the account that net debt was only £3m as of July '17. Last year's accounts (17/18 to end-July I think) should be released by the end of this month. They'll make for very interesting reading - in previous seasons we were running at about £20m operating loss per season. Unless wages shot up substantially, that's unlikely to be much worse for 17/18 (tv income was slightly down I think, so maybe ~£10m worse). Player sales profits (Transfermarkt - not the most reliable I know) were about £6-7 m. So we may be looking at a pre-tax loss for 17/18 somewhere around the £20m mark (+/- £10m). So that's total net debt of ~£15-20m ish.

Income this year will have dropped from around £120-130m to around £50-60m. I'm assuming that's the black hole everyone's talking about. So in response wages will have to come down significantly from the ~£100m mark to under ~£50m if the aim is for the club to be sustainable (which it is).

All very rough, but I don't see this black hole being debt. More likely to be just the drop in income , which is expected.
Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 17:46 - Feb 4 with 1508 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If the black hole is correct no one will buy the club from the hedge fund.

Someone may give them a pound and take on the debts.

Jenkins/Morgan? I doubt it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Is Jenkins “resignation” part of a plan on 18:04 - Feb 4 with 1414 viewsOptimisticJack

Prior to the sale of the club every single signing and expenditure was done with extreme prudence. We kept a close watch on every pound hence why we were seen by many as a model club.
Shortly before the sell out all directors were awarded a 100% pay rise and the club was in profit quite handsomely hence all shareholders (including the trust) received dividends.
I would love to see a forensic analysis of our accounts as well as a thorough examination of building works, tenders and contracts offered.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 18:05]

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024