Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jacks 17:40 - Feb 4 with 13450 viewsHeadmaster

Seem to be on top of things.

Stateside Jacks on 18:27 - Feb 4 with 8968 viewsstAteSwan

From the discussions online, the goal from the beginning was to simply arrange a meeting. Levien had indicated in the past he would be amenable to meeting with US Based supporters, so a lot of us jumped on attempting to get that to work.

I stepped out of the discussion forums after saying my peace briefly, so I have no idea what they put in the final letter. My request was for transparency with supporters as to what is really going on within the football club. I've yet to actually venture across the pond to see the Swans in person (Though I hope to in a year or two), and I have only been a supporter for 10 years or so. I can't compete with those who have followed the club for the whole lives. They should be the ones listing the grievances.

I am glad they chose to try and get the Supporters Trust involved. It feels to me like all supporters should be working together on something this important.
Stateside Jacks on 18:34 - Feb 4 with 8905 viewsTheKirkyLife

Stateside Jacks on 18:27 - Feb 4 by stAteSwan

From the discussions online, the goal from the beginning was to simply arrange a meeting. Levien had indicated in the past he would be amenable to meeting with US Based supporters, so a lot of us jumped on attempting to get that to work.

I stepped out of the discussion forums after saying my peace briefly, so I have no idea what they put in the final letter. My request was for transparency with supporters as to what is really going on within the football club. I've yet to actually venture across the pond to see the Swans in person (Though I hope to in a year or two), and I have only been a supporter for 10 years or so. I can't compete with those who have followed the club for the whole lives. They should be the ones listing the grievances.

I am glad they chose to try and get the Supporters Trust involved. It feels to me like all supporters should be working together on something this important.

You guys are the real MVPs. So far the Trust has been all words and no action sadly. Whether we're locals, English, American or whatever we just want the future of our club to be bright.

Glad to see you guys stepping up to the plate.
Stateside Jacks on 18:36 - Feb 4 with 8885 viewsYossarian

Well done. Best of luck.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Stateside Jacks on 18:50 - Feb 4 with 8819 viewsstAteSwan

Stateside Jacks on 18:34 - Feb 4 by TheKirkyLife

You guys are the real MVPs. So far the Trust has been all words and no action sadly. Whether we're locals, English, American or whatever we just want the future of our club to be bright.

I just don't believe that Levien or Kaplan really understood what they were getting into when they bought the club to begin with. I have said before, owning sports club in the US is often seen as an investment over here. Since American sports do not consider relegation, and leagues are structured in a way where even the poorest club has a chance to compete financially, there's little fear with taking majority ownership in one.

My belief from the beginning is that they are trying to run Swansea like they are running DC United, and that's just simply not possible. They run DC United without fear of relegation, knowing that MLS won't let anyone sign more than 3 expensive players, and that they are allowed to claim any local US Talent they want, and automatically get their rights when they turn professional.

I think they are legitimately surprised that supporters are angry. They just don't have the knowledge or understanding of how to run a UK based football club to make things as successful as they dreamed of being.
Stateside Jacks on 18:55 - Feb 4 with 8768 viewsJackfath

Keep going my friend, you'll be POTY 2019.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Stateside Jacks on 19:13 - Feb 4 with 8670 viewsAl_Bundy

Stateside Jacks on 18:50 - Feb 4 by stAteSwan

I just don't believe that Levien or Kaplan really understood what they were getting into when they bought the club to begin with. I have said before, owning sports club in the US is often seen as an investment over here. Since American sports do not consider relegation, and leagues are structured in a way where even the poorest club has a chance to compete financially, there's little fear with taking majority ownership in one.

My belief from the beginning is that they are trying to run Swansea like they are running DC United, and that's just simply not possible. They run DC United without fear of relegation, knowing that MLS won't let anyone sign more than 3 expensive players, and that they are allowed to claim any local US Talent they want, and automatically get their rights when they turn professional.

I think they are legitimately surprised that supporters are angry. They just don't have the knowledge or understanding of how to run a UK based football club to make things as successful as they dreamed of being.

That makes the Huw Jenkins decision to sell even more criminal if he did his due diligence correctly..

Sadly Jenkins knew exactly what we was getting into using the owners naivety to keep him on-board to steer the ship.

Its real shocker making him no better than Petty !
Stateside Jacks on 19:16 - Feb 4 with 8652 viewsOldjack

Surely The treacherous ones did their home work before selling their beloved club
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 19:19]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stateside Jacks on 19:16 - Feb 4 with 8652 viewsstAteSwan

Stateside Jacks on 18:55 - Feb 4 by Jackfath

I'll throw this out there before I'm calling it a day. Apparently spending time posting on UK based fan forums is frowned upon at my work.

I don't believe that tweeting the hedge fund group is going to have the effect you hope it does. Levien and Kaplan likely don't understand supporters anger, and will probably just respond by blocking or deleting their account. The other investors own such a small stake that they probably have no idea that they even own the club.

I know the concept of protesting is not seen as a positive here. But until you can get the Supporters Groups to use official methods to get their attention, the best way to get the attention of them is to hit them where it hurts...financially. The chants are great, but I guarantee you Levien and Kaplan expect you guys to be pacified now that Jenkins is gone. Why, because that's how it would work in the US. If the club is struggling, if supporters are angry, you sack the person you have running the club, get rid of all of your top earners, gut the club from top to bottom and start over.

Unfortunately, attempting that at Swansea probably puts the club back in League 2.
Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jacks on 19:19 - Feb 4 with 8617 viewsLeonWasGod

Agreed. Great to see someone calling to get all parties around a table to find out what’s going on. Whether it’ll happen is another thing, but a good start.

Where can we join Stateside Jacks? 😂
Stateside Jacks on 19:25 - Feb 4 with 8564 viewsmonmouth

Stateside Jacks on 19:16 - Feb 4 by stAteSwan

I'll throw this out there before I'm calling it a day. Apparently spending time posting on UK based fan forums is frowned upon at my work.

I don't believe that tweeting the hedge fund group is going to have the effect you hope it does. Levien and Kaplan likely don't understand supporters anger, and will probably just respond by blocking or deleting their account. The other investors own such a small stake that they probably have no idea that they even own the club.

I know the concept of protesting is not seen as a positive here. But until you can get the Supporters Groups to use official methods to get their attention, the best way to get the attention of them is to hit them where it hurts...financially. The chants are great, but I guarantee you Levien and Kaplan expect you guys to be pacified now that Jenkins is gone. Why, because that's how it would work in the US. If the club is struggling, if supporters are angry, you sack the person you have running the club, get rid of all of your top earners, gut the club from top to bottom and start over.

Unfortunately, attempting that at Swansea probably puts the club back in League 2.

That’s really interesting. Thanks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Stateside Jacks on 19:28 - Feb 4 with 8538 viewsjack2jack

Stateside Jacks on 18:55 - Feb 4 by Jackfath

We hadn't done last year's yet.....
Is it a double award this year?
Stateside Jacks on 19:30 - Feb 4 with 8519 viewslonglostjack

Stateside Jacks on 19:28 - Feb 4 by jack2jack

We hadn't done last year's yet.....
Is it a double award this year?

You won last year’s. Everybody was wondering why you didn’t turn up to the Awards Ceremony?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Stateside Jacks on 19:32 - Feb 4 with 8498 viewsjack2jack

Stateside Jacks on 19:30 - Feb 4 by longlostjack

You won last year’s. Everybody was wondering why you didn’t turn up to the Awards Ceremony?

Fvck
Stateside Jacks on 19:37 - Feb 4 with 8446 viewsswan65split

Stateside Jacks on 19:32 - Feb 4 by jack2jack

Fvck

You didnt get it? it was tweeted to you,
Stateside Jacks on 19:40 - Feb 4 with 8421 viewsjack2jack

Stateside Jacks on 19:37 - Feb 4 by swan65split

You didnt get it? it was tweeted to you,

I'll have to get me one of them there accounts then,just in case I do the double😂
Stateside Jacks on 19:49 - Feb 4 with 8340 viewsunion_jack

Stateside Jacks on 19:16 - Feb 4 by stAteSwan

Well sometimes you’ve got to go backwards before you can go forwards.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stateside Jacks on 20:07 - Feb 4 with 8265 viewsGaryjack

Stateside Jacks on 19:25 - Feb 4 by monmouth

That’s really interesting. Thanks.

What i find interesting is that Jenkins quits, his tart posts shit attacking the trust the following day for some strange reason, while the Yanks make statements about involving the Trust in future discussions about who replaces Jenkins etc. All this at a time when the Yanks have set a date for mediation with the trust and Jenkins stays out of it. I smell a rat.
Stateside Jacks on 20:08 - Feb 4 with 8255 viewsexiledclaseboy

Stateside Jacks on 20:07 - Feb 4 by Garyjack

What i find interesting is that Jenkins quits, his tart posts shit attacking the trust the following day for some strange reason, while the Yanks make statements about involving the Trust in future discussions about who replaces Jenkins etc. All this at a time when the Yanks have set a date for mediation with the trust and Jenkins stays out of it. I smell a rat.

Coincidences these aren’t. And look at the threads on here too.

Poll: Tory leader

Stateside Jacks on 20:17 - Feb 4 with 8189 viewsJonathans_coat

Stateside Jacks on 20:08 - Feb 4 by exiledclaseboy

Coincidences these aren’t. And look at the threads on here too.

My guess come the potential and increasingly likely court case, is that Huw and Levien will try to throw each other under the bus.

Of course, at the same time, both parties try their hardest to discredit and damage the trust.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 20:18]
Stateside Jacks on 20:35 - Feb 4 with 8088 viewsGaryjack

Stateside Jacks on 20:17 - Feb 4 by Jonathans_coat

My guess come the potential and increasingly likely court case, is that Huw and Levien will try to throw each other under the bus.

Of course, at the same time, both parties try their hardest to discredit and damage the trust.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 20:18]

That's not far off, but i still think they're all in it together at the moment despite Huw's resignation. If it gets to court however, it'll be a different story. Every party will try to do what it takes to save their own skin.
Stateside Jacks on 20:48 - Feb 4 with 7997 viewsmonmouth

Stateside Jacks on 20:07 - Feb 4 by Garyjack

Ooh. That’s really interesting too.

Stateside Jacks on 20:54 - Feb 4 with 7942 viewsjack247

Whilst I get where you’re coming from, I just can’t buy that they would spend the best part of £70m (albeit hedge fund money), without fully understanding the possibility and potential financial implications of relegation. They may be used to the American system, but they aren’t stupid men.

As far as I see it, they just saw a PL club, undervalued because the sellers were desperate to cash in while they could get PL money for our shares, bought with the intention of keeping us up as cheaply as possible, then selling us a few years on, maybe after the next TV deal, for a chunky profit.

Last paragraph, I can’t disagree with at all.
Stateside Jacks on 21:41 - Feb 4 with 7790 viewsLoyal

Yeah, but can we draw the line at Scottish folk ? 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stateside Jacks on 16:51 - Feb 5 with 7299 viewsAngelRangelQS

Stateside Jacks on 20:54 - Feb 4 by jack247

Whilst I get where you’re coming from, I just can’t buy that they would spend the best part of £70m (albeit hedge fund money), without fully understanding the possibility and potential financial implications of relegation. They may be used to the American system, but they aren’t stupid men.

As far as I see it, they just saw a PL club, undervalued because the sellers were desperate to cash in while they could get PL money for our shares, bought with the intention of keeping us up as cheaply as possible, then selling us a few years on, maybe after the next TV deal, for a chunky profit.

Last paragraph, I can’t disagree with at all.

You could argue that we were being run very well at that point and almost had a bit of a magic formula. We had a great track record of appointing managers (on the face of it, at least) and had regularly made big profits on the players we bought/sold. We were/are also a team with a big catchment area in terms of fan base, selling our stadium out every week and with potential to grow. I can see that we were an attractive proposition - if things had continued to go well, in ten years time they could have had a very different animal on their hands, ripe for selling at a huge profit.

What I think they probably failed to grasp was firstly HJ's limitations and also how much of a knife edge we (and other clubs in our position) were/are in the PL... One wrong managerial appointment, a couple of big money signings that don't work out, a handful of mid range signings that don't work out, some ill advised contracts and you're on that slippery slope. Sadly we are guilty of all of those and so the inevitable happened.
Stateside Jacks on 17:45 - Feb 5 with 7171 viewsmonmouth

Stateside Jacks on 16:51 - Feb 5 by AngelRangelQS

You could argue that we were being run very well at that point and almost had a bit of a magic formula. We had a great track record of appointing managers (on the face of it, at least) and had regularly made big profits on the players we bought/sold. We were/are also a team with a big catchment area in terms of fan base, selling our stadium out every week and with potential to grow. I can see that we were an attractive proposition - if things had continued to go well, in ten years time they could have had a very different animal on their hands, ripe for selling at a huge profit.

What I think they probably failed to grasp was firstly HJ's limitations and also how much of a knife edge we (and other clubs in our position) were/are in the PL... One wrong managerial appointment, a couple of big money signings that don't work out, a handful of mid range signings that don't work out, some ill advised contracts and you're on that slippery slope. Sadly we are guilty of all of those and so the inevitable happened.

I'd bet on this being very close to the truth. they trusted Jenkins absolutely to keep the JTAK dream alive. But not sure about the sense of that when they saw how close we came the year they bought us. I reckon there was a very heavy sales pitch coming from the very desperate sellers, and they just fell for it.

This is why I expect them to be pitiless with him after his No Deal Jenksit, whether he leapt off the ship or made to walk the plank. Depends if he has anything on them I suppose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024