Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter 06:56 - Feb 5 with 2309 viewsSWANSEYE

With everything that has happened and with an uncertain future ahead for our great Club will GP stay beyond the end of this Season as I am sure his services will be in demand as he has already started getting a young team back playing the Swanselona way and with a couple of shrewd acquisitions during this last transfer window we could have even had a play off place in our grasp. My worry is that someone will come calling who are in a far better place than us and we will lose a potential gem in GP . .Any thoughts
Potter on 07:02 - Feb 5 with 2277 viewshobo

Can see a club prying him away in the Summer, and I wouldn't blame him one bit for leaving. That's when the slide will really begin. If we hadn't have brought him in last year then I'm sure we'd be staring L1 in the face right now
Potter on 07:21 - Feb 5 with 2229 viewsSWANSEYE

Another worry is that all this uncertainty is bound to relay down to the players and who knows what that may trigger, Montero already out on Loan, Van de Hoorn out of Contract, Dan James will Leeds come sniffing again,. . .We have to get this sorted quickly, even though it may not be a quick fix and ensure stability comes back into this great Club of ours to avoid our playing side being desecrated by these Yanks.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 7:43]
Potter on 07:29 - Feb 5 with 2212 viewsdickythorpe

He's got plenty to learn and needs to be successful in this league first. Hopefully with us next season.
But yeah, give him a club with plenty to spend and it will be interesting to see if he can get them promotion.
He needs stronger backroom staff as well, but again at a club with more dosh and ambition he could do better than he is at present.
Potter on 07:43 - Feb 5 with 2172 viewsyescomeon

Routledge, Olsson, Van Der Hoorn, Fer and Narsingh are all out of contract at the end of the season (also Baker-Richardson and James)*. If they all went that still leaves Dyer, Nordfeldt, Naughton, Montero, A. Ayew, Baston and Carroll (maybe? doesn't say when his contract is up) on premier league wages. Not sure if Montero, Ayew, Baston and Carroll had loan-to-buy deals set up, if not that's still probably quite a financial commitment coupled with our transfer debt from previous seasons.

I see a lot of those players doing in the summer. I'd imagine we would strengthen in the summer when there is better value to be had, I mean we'd have to.

*according to transfermarket

Upthecity!

Potter on 08:52 - Feb 5 with 2013 viewshammy

Villa, West Brom, Stoke or a bottom half PL team … they would all benefit from his management … and he would have the opportunity to spend some money !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Potter on 09:40 - Feb 5 with 1935 viewsswan65split

I am sure he is sorry he has come here, as well as now trying to Manage the players attitude, he also has to Manage his own "head", and going by his PC his own families feelings.

I am sure he will do the right thing if allowed, and he and the players need our backing, its not their fault we are in this mess.
Potter on 09:46 - Feb 5 with 1915 viewsdickythorpe

It should be a superb challenge to manage in this league. I love the soundbites when the sun is shining in July/August........not so enthusiastic come Feb when it's damp , cold.
Only the mentally toughest survive and achieve.

Some egos get a rude awakening.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 9:47]
Potter on 12:14 - Feb 5 with 1769 viewsjasper_T

Potter on 07:43 - Feb 5 by yescomeon

Routledge, Olsson, Van Der Hoorn, Fer and Narsingh are all out of contract at the end of the season (also Baker-Richardson and James)*. If they all went that still leaves Dyer, Nordfeldt, Naughton, Montero, A. Ayew, Baston and Carroll (maybe? doesn't say when his contract is up) on premier league wages. Not sure if Montero, Ayew, Baston and Carroll had loan-to-buy deals set up, if not that's still probably quite a financial commitment coupled with our transfer debt from previous seasons.

I see a lot of those players doing in the summer. I'd imagine we would strengthen in the summer when there is better value to be had, I mean we'd have to.

*according to transfermarket

Transfermarket is wrong about DJ.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter on 12:15 - Feb 5 with 1761 viewsjasper_T

Potter on 08:52 - Feb 5 by hammy

Villa, West Brom, Stoke or a bottom half PL team … they would all benefit from his management … and he would have the opportunity to spend some money !

Two of those already changed their manager this season.
Potter on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 1683 viewsswanforthemoney

If Potter is the smart, thoughtful manager we hoped we would be, he will see that the future is away from Swansea City.

He may hang on for another season is if he feels he needs another year consolidating record in the 'English' pyramid before moving on. I could see him moving to another club like ourselves, only one that is better run, rather than a Villa or Stoke or similar.

I stand in the North Stand

Potter on 12:50 - Feb 5 with 1664 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Why would a side above us in the table want him? What has he actually done in English football?

As it stands he's got an above average team in the second tier and is doing an average to above average job. People are acting as if we have an entire starting eleven of U23s.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Potter on 12:55 - Feb 5 with 1637 viewsSTID2017

Potter on 12:50 - Feb 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why would a side above us in the table want him? What has he actually done in English football?

As it stands he's got an above average team in the second tier and is doing an average to above average job. People are acting as if we have an entire starting eleven of U23s.

As it stands he's got an average team in the second tier and is doing an above average to excellent job.
There - fixed that sentence for you

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Potter on 13:21 - Feb 5 with 1559 viewsyescomeon

Potter on 12:14 - Feb 5 by jasper_T

Transfermarket is wrong about DJ.

Yeah I thought it was, which was why I put the asterisk there.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024