Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation clauses 07:57 - Feb 5 with 1265 viewsChief

Is it now likely that all the players without clauses (we know from Dineen that there was at least a few) have left?

Of the ones with clauses, how much have their wages reduced roughly would you say?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Relegation clauses on 09:22 - Feb 5 with 1121 viewsmonmouth

The Ayews and Baston, plus Carroll unless Villa buy him and Montero are the issue now, after we get rid of the Narsingh and Fer leaves. Dyer Routledge, Olsson and Naughton are probably still a heavy burden.

Ayews and Basto are the immediate iceberg I would think.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Relegation clauses on 09:45 - Feb 5 with 1078 viewsChief

Relegation clauses on 09:22 - Feb 5 by monmouth

The Ayews and Baston, plus Carroll unless Villa buy him and Montero are the issue now, after we get rid of the Narsingh and Fer leaves. Dyer Routledge, Olsson and Naughton are probably still a heavy burden.

Ayews and Basto are the immediate iceberg I would think.

Although Ayew, Ayew, Baston, Carroll, Montero, Bony are having their wages are getting partially paid by other teams.

Surely Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Olsson had relegation clauses?

Relegation clauses on 09:50 - Feb 5 with 1065 viewsmonmouth

Relegation clauses on 09:45 - Feb 5 by Chief

Although Ayew, Ayew, Baston, Carroll, Montero, Bony are having their wages are getting partially paid by other teams.

Surely Naughton, Dyer, Routledge, Olsson had relegation clauses?

I doubt it. We were desperate when we sight Olsson. Naughton came from spurs. Dyer and Routledge maybe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Relegation clauses on 09:58 - Feb 5 with 1042 viewsChief

Relegation clauses on 09:50 - Feb 5 by monmouth

I doubt it. We were desperate when we sight Olsson. Naughton came from spurs. Dyer and Routledge maybe.

Olsson did however come from the championship. And is now long term injured so insurance are probably paying a fair bit of his wages?

Relegation clauses on 10:01 - Feb 5 with 1032 viewsswan65split

Its all down to bad Management guys, and hes gone and left us in the poo poo.
Relegation clauses on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 932 viewsvalleyboy

Relegation clauses on 09:58 - Feb 5 by Chief

Olsson did however come from the championship. And is now long term injured so insurance are probably paying a fair bit of his wages?

Insurance doesn’t pay for a player just that he’s injured, even if the injury is to the end of the season
Relegation clauses on 12:56 - Feb 5 with 820 viewsomarjack

It's hard to tell for sure.

But I believe that players that came in January during a relegation fight, don't have relegation clauses, Except of Carroll maybe. We weren't in a good place to make demands, and rather desperate.

Anyway, relegation clauses vary, from 30-50% I'd say. Our clauses are on the low side I believe, The likes of Dyer, Routs, Naughton, Olsson etc..all got new deals, and their pay cuts in case of relegation are likely to be lowered..Fer's cut might be as little as 20%. Who knows.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Relegation clauses on 13:02 - Feb 5 with 792 viewsAguycalledJack

Surely the trust would have this information to hand?

oh wait... maybe not
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation clauses on 13:18 - Feb 5 with 740 viewsSTID2017

Relegation clauses on 10:01 - Feb 5 by swan65split

Its all down to bad Management guys, and hes gone and left us in the poo poo.

I agree it's all down to bad management.
However we as fans wanted to see the club compete as well as they could and sadly imagined the pot of gold was bigger than it actually was.
Also even when it all started to go wrong, we wanted the club to sign players who would provide the fix.
Ultimately I feel it started going wrong when the board stopped being shrewd and start spending beyond our means to try and fulfil those dreams.
Reading the article about football finance that Darran just posted is sobering.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024