Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSE Smart meter 16:16 - Feb 6 with 1340 viewsowainglyndwr

Smart meter installation
Has anyone had it installed recently if so what are your thoughts on them please
[Post edited 7 Feb 16:33]

SEE Smart meter on 16:22 - Feb 6 with 1330 viewsJackfath

What are the benefits of them for the consumer?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: How much alcohol did you drink on New Years Eve?

SEE Smart meter on 16:48 - Feb 6 with 1293 viewsowainglyndwr

SEE Smart meter on 16:22 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

Presicly

SEE Smart meter on 16:58 - Feb 6 with 1274 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Here's a view.

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/household-finances/energy-water/what-to-watch-out-ge

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack

SEE Smart meter on 17:07 - Feb 6 with 1263 viewspikeypaul

SEE Smart meter on 16:22 - Feb 6 by Jackfath

Nothing really,just Β£420 extra over a few years on our bills to install them and once that extra is paid it will carry on under some other scheme.

SMETS1 have already been binned costing Β£billions to the consumer.

Obviously big back handers passed out by the people who have made a fortune out of it all.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-4846700/Smart-meters-cost-hous
[Post edited 6 Feb 17:21]

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

SEE Smart meter on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 1173 viewsjack2jack

Been written to a few times telling me an engineer is in area and to arrange a call, haven't as yet, from what I've read, its for their benefit not ours, so I won't be bothering, until it becomes law or some other bollox.πŸ‘

SEE Smart meter on 18:15 - Feb 6 with 1172 viewsdickythorpe

Don't bother. Just another thing you'll end up looking at if you are skint.

Poll: Should prisoners be able to vote?

SEE Smart meter on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 1161 viewsvalleyboy

SEE Smart meter on 17:07 - Feb 6 by pikeypaul

Nothing really,just Β£420 extra over a few years on our bills to install them and once that extra is paid it will carry on under some other scheme.

SMETS1 have already been binned costing Β£billions to the consumer.

Obviously big back handers passed out by the people who have made a fortune out of it all.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-4846700/Smart-meters-cost-hous
[Post edited 6 Feb 17:21]

That figure of Β£420 is what’s it costing to install them

Yes you dont pay that amount directly, but one of the reasons why your energy bill is going up

There was a report out recently that people that had them at most was saving in the region of Β£11 per year

When the minister responsible for bringing in these Smart Meters has had is taken out. You have to ask why bother

The only people gaining by installing these meters, are the energy suppliers. As they know by the hour what is being used by every household in the country when fitted

Further more, don’t be pressurised to get them installed. As there’s no legal right for them making you do it

SEE Smart meter on 19:36 - Feb 6 with 1099 viewspikeypaul

No legal requirement but if you want a good fixed rate/term tariff more and more companies are insisting you install them. If you do not they put you on the rip off standard tariff.

And while we are at it all the β€œenergy price cap” has done is to force up the price of the fixed term tariffs to just below the standard and as a result overall the consumer will pay more and the companies earn more profit.

Well done OFGEM and the clueless ministers who brought it about,they can’t see further than their nose and the companies are laughing their balls off at their stupidity.
[Post edited 6 Feb 19:48]

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Login to get fewer ads

SEE Smart meter on 20:24 - Feb 6 with 1042 viewsAnotherJohn

I've had an engineer around twice now and still haven't got a smart meter. The first time I was told the mobile phone signal wasn't strong enough to allow the meter to communicate. The second time, when there was a further visit at the provider's insistence, fared no better, I told the engineer about the previous visit. He blithely went ahead and changed the meter, then announced there was still no signal and re-fitted the old one.
SEE Smart meter on 20:30 - Feb 6 with 1033 viewsjack2jack

SEE Smart meter on 20:24 - Feb 6 by AnotherJohn

I've had an engineer around twice now and still haven't got a smart meter. The first time I was told the mobile phone signal wasn't strong enough to allow the meter to communicate. The second time, when there was a further visit at the provider's insistence, fared no better, I told the engineer about the previous visit. He blithely went ahead and changed the meter, then announced there was still no signal and re-fitted the old one.

So your provider insisted it was change without you consent, am I understanding correctly.

SEE Smart meter on 22:05 - Feb 6 with 950 viewsNogginthenog

Im with edf and been told if i dont get one installed im in breach of my online deal and will be moved to a dearer tarrif.
SEE Smart meter on 22:12 - Feb 6 with 933 viewsjack2jack

SEE Smart meter on 22:05 - Feb 6 by Nogginthenog

Im with edf and been told if i dont get one installed im in breach of my online deal and will be moved to a dearer tarrif.

Cheeky tvvats,Switch suppliers, having said that I'm the worst at switching been with my current suppliers for years, stupid really, apparently there loads of sites can help you move, maybe some suppliers are not so arsey about these smart meters.
SEE Smart meter on 22:25 - Feb 6 with 919 viewspikeypaul

SEE Smart meter on 22:05 - Feb 6 by Nogginthenog

I move at the end of every contract in fact within 49 days of them ending which you are allowed to do penalty free.

I've just moved to Edf and recluctantly accepted they put a smart meters in otherwise I would not be eligible for the tariff.I know for a fact they will not save me a penny .

SEE Smart meter on 22:27 - Feb 6 with 917 viewsalltjack

Had one fitted yesterday Steve . 3 hours to fit them butout of stock of monitor for the house so he,s got to come back
SEE Smart meter on 23:12 - Feb 6 with 882 viewsbuilthjack

SEE Smart meter on 22:27 - Feb 6 by alltjack

Had one fitted yesterday Steve . 3 hours to fit them butout of stock of monitor for the house so he,s got to come back

And who pays for these meters? You

Poll: Who trusts the Yanks?

SEE Smart meter on 01:14 - Feb 7 with 847 viewsJack123

I have had the letters we are in your area! What put me off, I think it was a watchdog report? The one's doing the installing, were basically rushed through a very basic NVQ level kind of certificate to install, and a few things went wrong, so it's a NO from me. And when I say things went wrong, I mean FIRES, so fck em!
[Post edited 7 Feb 1:17]

SEE Smart meter on 02:10 - Feb 7 with 828 viewsmajorraglan

We had one fitted a couple of years ago by out then suppliers Scottish Power, tbh it’s a waste of time. We have the monitor which sits in a drawer and not much has changed. I go round and turn the lights off after the kids leave them on, kids run the shower and stay in it for ages, I shout and ball and that’s about it. I try not to waste gas/electric, but you use what you use and the ids use more!
SEE Smart meter on 07:38 - Feb 7 with 760 viewsalltjack

SEE Smart meter on 23:12 - Feb 6 by builthjack

And who pays for these meters? You

It comes as part of the fit apparently

SEE Smart meter on 08:33 - Feb 7 with 728 viewsraynor94

I've had one for about 3 years, no problems at all with it, the monitor is good to show how you are using your energy, plus having the Hive can't fault them at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game

SEE Smart meter on 11:18 - Feb 7 with 656 viewsAnotherJohn

SEE Smart meter on 20:30 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

So your provider insisted it was change without you consent, am I understanding correctly.

I signed up for a cheap tariff that required a smart meter. This requires you to agree to have one fitted, but you still get the cheap rate if they cannot get such a meter to work in your dwelling. What surprised me is that I thought something had changed between the first and second attempts to fit one, but it seems that it hadn't. The second engineer said they were likely to have different meters that would work in weak signal areas in future. In fact we can get 4G with no problem in most of the house, just not under the stairs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019