Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nante Payment 17:00 - Feb 6 with 14006 viewsblackflyingswan

Nante have asked why the first payment for Salas transfer fee has not been paid by Cardiff
Nante Payment on 17:14 - Feb 6 with 7545 viewspencoedjack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11629852/

I guess the Bassey/Nantes love in won’t last
Nante Payment on 17:23 - Feb 6 with 7497 viewsjacabertawe

They have a good point, but the timing could have been better.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Nante Payment on 17:27 - Feb 6 with 7470 viewsraynor94

Very insensitive of Nantes imo

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Nante Payment on 17:30 - Feb 6 with 7454 viewsblackflyingswan

That`s why I put a SICKY in.
Nante Payment on 17:56 - Feb 6 with 7322 viewsDyfnant

So some random person who never met the guy is so grief stricken they can’t do a bank transfer. Pay up and shut up CCFC

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Nante Payment on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 7229 viewsMrSwerve

Taking the emotion out of it a second, which I agree is difficult...wasn’t he a Cardiff city player, that had completed his transfer from Nantes? Therefore Cardiff must pay the fee to Nantes. He was no longer anything to do with Nantes as a player.

No idea how the insurance/legal side of it works though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Nante Payment on 18:14 - Feb 6 with 7223 viewsThornburyswan

Timing not great but in reality the world moves on, both clubs are playing matches so whilst tactically awaiting aircraft recovery (if it happens) might have been better business goes on & the money is owed - no insurance either so looks like it will be £15M for nowt, ouch!
Nante Payment on 18:17 - Feb 6 with 7214 viewsJonathans_coat

Nante Payment on 18:14 - Feb 6 by MrSwerve

Taking the emotion out of it a second, which I agree is difficult...wasn’t he a Cardiff city player, that had completed his transfer from Nantes? Therefore Cardiff must pay the fee to Nantes. He was no longer anything to do with Nantes as a player.

No idea how the insurance/legal side of it works though.

I think your right. But to demand the fees less than 48hrs after they find a body, is insensitive in the extreme!

They must know how it looks right?
Login to get fewer ads

Nante Payment on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 7180 viewsmonmouth

Nothing to do with the absolute tragedy that happened to the player at all, they are obviously looking for anything in the documentation that gives them a get out clause. Perhaps they hadn’t bothered taking out insurance on him yet and have lost £15m.

Before anyone plays the sympathy card, I’d bet Tan would want his money as agreed if the positions were reversed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nante Payment on 18:23 - Feb 6 with 7180 viewsThornburyswan

Nante Payment on 18:17 - Feb 6 by Jonathans_coat

I think your right. But to demand the fees less than 48hrs after they find a body, is insensitive in the extreme!

Nah they are French they don't get sensitivity ;-)
Nante Payment on 18:26 - Feb 6 with 7156 viewsmonmouth

Nante Payment on 18:23 - Feb 6 by Thornburyswan

Nah they are French they don't get sensitivity ;-)

Unlike Cardiff fans who are notoriously sensitive?

Nantes could have waited before creating a public fuss.....but then again I wonder who leaked it to WoL and why....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nante Payment on 18:27 - Feb 6 with 7141 viewsunion_jack

Nante Payment on 18:17 - Feb 6 by Jonathans_coat

It’s business. Obviously tragic but life goes on. If Cardiff are trying to get out of it then Nantes should go legal.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nante Payment on 18:28 - Feb 6 with 7137 viewsvalleyboy

Nante Payment on 17:56 - Feb 6 by Dyfnant

So some random person who never met the guy is so grief stricken they can’t do a bank transfer. Pay up and shut up CCFC

You must be a very sad type of person
Nante Payment on 18:31 - Feb 6 with 7108 viewsvalleyboy

Nante Payment on 18:23 - Feb 6 by monmouth

Nothing to do with the absolute tragedy that happened to the player at all, they are obviously looking for anything in the documentation that gives them a get out clause. Perhaps they hadn’t bothered taking out insurance on him yet and have lost £15m.

Before anyone plays the sympathy card, I’d bet Tan would want his money as agreed if the positions were reversed.

There’s on going investigations going on

Perhaps it would have been better to wait until these investigations are finished
Nante Payment on 18:45 - Feb 6 with 7038 viewsJonathans_coat

Nante Payment on 18:31 - Feb 6 by valleyboy

Perhaps it would have been better to wait until these investigations are finished

Which is the correct answer.....surely?

Not only terrible PR for Nantes, but could potentially cause hurt to the families and friends of those involved.

Just wait till it’s all resolved, why make a fuss now ffs!
Nante Payment on 18:51 - Feb 6 with 6998 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Nante Payment on 18:31 - Feb 6 by valleyboy

What if Nantes have already allocated the money they had expected to receive by now? What if they have loans to repay, wages to pay, or need to pay for players they have bought?

They should be paid and Cardiff should await the results of investigations and the insurers decision. The fact they haven't paid suggests to me they are concerned their insurance, if they did have any at all, wont cover this.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Nante Payment on 19:06 - Feb 6 with 6922 viewsomarjack

Nantes are within their rights, it's insensitive etc true, but the world goes on, and as you can see, Both Nantes and Cardiff are still playing, running and existing as clubs and businesses.

I assume that the geniuses at Cardiff have insurances made for their "assets" in case of loss of life, career ending injuries etc..Claim insurance after the repayment to Nantes. If there is no insurance put on their players, then Tan is a bloody p!ss poor businessman.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Nante Payment on 19:07 - Feb 6 with 6922 viewsGaryjack

Nante Payment on 18:51 - Feb 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What if Nantes have already allocated the money they had expected to receive by now? What if they have loans to repay, wages to pay, or need to pay for players they have bought?

They should be paid and Cardiff should await the results of investigations and the insurers decision. The fact they haven't paid suggests to me they are concerned their insurance, if they did have any at all, wont cover this.

I seriously doubt whether he's insured or not, any insurance company would be liable for this tragedy. If Cardiff City have taken out a £15m insurance policy on one of their players, then they are responsible to ensure they make safe travel arrangements for said player when travelling from A to B. Stating that "Sala made his own travel arrangements" is totally unacceptable, as CCFC should have been fully aware of what those arrangements were.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 19:11]
Nante Payment on 19:10 - Feb 6 with 6889 viewspencoedjack

Nante Payment on 19:06 - Feb 6 by omarjack

Nantes are within their rights, it's insensitive etc true, but the world goes on, and as you can see, Both Nantes and Cardiff are still playing, running and existing as clubs and businesses.

I assume that the geniuses at Cardiff have insurances made for their "assets" in case of loss of life, career ending injuries etc..Claim insurance after the repayment to Nantes. If there is no insurance put on their players, then Tan is a bloody p!ss poor businessman.

As insensitive as asking for the transfer window to be extended 2 days after the crash?
Nante Payment on 19:16 - Feb 6 with 6841 viewsOldjack

I get a gut feeling that Nantes have approached them earlier but it's fallen on deaf ears ,hence the media have been brought in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Nante Payment on 19:20 - Feb 6 with 6809 viewsjack2jack

Here's the thing,they have only just located the crash site, the plane is in 200 feet or so of water, as yet the only body to be discovered is still in the plane and yet to be identified, the other body has not been found. The AAI have not concluded their investigations, how I god's name can Nantes ask for any monies until all investigations etc have taken place, it doesn't make sense.
Not only that but if insurance companies are involved, no claims will be settled until investigations are complete.
Sorry but they just have to wait until it's all sorted.
It's all about money these days, there are two people who have lost their lives FFS.
Life goes on yes, but wait until all the other formalities are settled first .
Nante Payment on 19:24 - Feb 6 with 6777 viewsNeathJack

Nante Payment on 19:20 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

Here's the thing,they have only just located the crash site, the plane is in 200 feet or so of water, as yet the only body to be discovered is still in the plane and yet to be identified, the other body has not been found. The AAI have not concluded their investigations, how I god's name can Nantes ask for any monies until all investigations etc have taken place, it doesn't make sense.
Not only that but if insurance companies are involved, no claims will be settled until investigations are complete.
It's all about money these days, there are two people who have lost their lives FFS.

Because contracts were signed, exchanged and he was officially transferred to Cardiff and no longer a Nantes player.

Try buying a car, failing to ensure it and then driving it out of the showroom, crashing it on the way home and then expecting not to have to pay for it.
Nante Payment on 19:26 - Feb 6 with 6760 viewsGaryjack

I completely agree with you from a humanitarian perspective. Unfortunately, business is business. I think Cardiff know they are in the shite on this, and so do Nantes.
Nante Payment on 19:30 - Feb 6 with 6726 viewsjasper_T

You might have a point if Nantes were to be paid upon Sala's death, which those investigations would confirm.

There's nothing to sort with regards the transfer of Sala from Nantes to Cardiff. It was a done deal and payment is due.
Nante Payment on 19:32 - Feb 6 with 6713 viewsjack2jack

Nante Payment on 19:26 - Feb 6 by Garyjack

I completely agree with you from a humanitarian perspective. Unfortunately, business is business. I think Cardiff know they are in the shite on this, and so do Nantes.

Aye but as I say Gaz nothing has been sorted yet, so business or no business it's still being investigated, that was my main point, as well as the fact there are two people who've lost their lives👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024