Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Parkway Station 20:24 - Feb 6 with 12248 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cairns and a few 'transport experts' from Cardiff are pushing for a new Super Parkway station to be built at Felindre.
On the face of it some transport infastructure development in this area is rare, fine and dandy.
Unfortunately this will be situated on the branch line that bypasses Swansea and would effectively turn Neath and Swansea High Street stations into branch line halts.
Bristol Parkway links to the City Centre. The spanking new Cardiff Parkway version will do the same.
Not so with this Parkway as you would have to change at Neath (if the train stopped there) to get to Swansea HS.
This is reflected in the potential naming of the station which WOL call 'West Wales Parkway'.
Looks to me like a plan to marginalise Swansea further and turn the City and West Wales into commuter suburbs of Cardiff.
The Swansea Council Leader appears to be aware of this but it something James, Hedges and the rest of us should keep an eye on.
Any developments such as this should link into proposed Swansea Metro, if it ever gets off the ground
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 20:26]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New Parkway Station on 12:16 - Jul 22 with 1886 viewswestside

LLandarcy is a better location for a Parkway station so people from Swansea and Neath can get to it easier than Felindre.

Then from Llandarcy a new line around Jersey Marine and Fabian Way and along the seafront to blackpill with another line from LLandarcy up the neath valley to the heads of the valleys.

Grayling, Cairns and Cole. Clueless.
New Parkway Station on 16:57 - Jul 22 with 1743 viewsCooperman

New Parkway Station on 12:39 - Jun 17 by Jonathans_coat

Two words.

Chris Grayling.

I can’t believe there is anyone left who thinks this guy is even a semi-competent minister. His track record is appalling. (Pun intended).

A clear signal of intent has been made today.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New Parkway Station on 17:54 - Jul 22 with 1676 viewsmonmouth

New Parkway Station on 16:57 - Jul 22 by Cooperman

A clear signal of intent has been made today.

Did it get the green light?

I doubt it will fly, it'll be too hard to keep it on the rails.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Parkway Station on 18:52 - Jul 22 with 1635 viewsCooperman

New Parkway Station on 17:54 - Jul 22 by monmouth

Did it get the green light?

I doubt it will fly, it'll be too hard to keep it on the rails.

You think it’s going to hit the buffers?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New Parkway Station on 18:57 - Jul 22 with 1630 viewsexiledclaseboy

Leaving aside the hilarious railway related puns, I’m fairly confident you can file the Felindre plan under “N” for “never gonna happen”.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:08]

Poll: Tory leader

New Parkway Station on 22:32 - Jul 22 with 1522 viewsmonmouth

New Parkway Station on 18:57 - Jul 22 by exiledclaseboy

Leaving aside the hilarious railway related puns, I’m fairly confident you can file the Felindre plan under “N” for “never gonna happen”.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:08]

Not even put out to tender?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Parkway Station on 22:51 - Jul 22 with 1499 viewsPrivate_Partz

New Parkway Station on 22:32 - Jul 22 by monmouth

Not even put out to tender?

It could very well be that this will not happen although it would kill two birds with one stone.
Cardiff Central is to have a further expansion to the value of £58m. The 'West Wales Parkway' ( they can't even put Swansea's name to it) could just be a distraction to slip the Cardiff development through.
Even if it does go ahead it will effectively sideline Swansea and Neath and reduce yet further the status of the area.
Yes there is UK funding here but don't tell me WAG are not complicit. This thread proves Coles has got his prints all over this and he is one of the chief advisers to Cardiff Bay.
The Cardiff Centric agenda carries on. Mark Drakeford is Carwyn Jones in an ill fitting suit.
Deafening silence from Hedges and James as usual and the now Cardiff biased SWEP have already started a w@nk fest over the lovely new station for us. Aren't we lucky?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New Parkway Station on 22:57 - Jul 22 with 1487 viewsLuther27

New Parkway Station on 22:51 - Jul 22 by Private_Partz

It could very well be that this will not happen although it would kill two birds with one stone.
Cardiff Central is to have a further expansion to the value of £58m. The 'West Wales Parkway' ( they can't even put Swansea's name to it) could just be a distraction to slip the Cardiff development through.
Even if it does go ahead it will effectively sideline Swansea and Neath and reduce yet further the status of the area.
Yes there is UK funding here but don't tell me WAG are not complicit. This thread proves Coles has got his prints all over this and he is one of the chief advisers to Cardiff Bay.
The Cardiff Centric agenda carries on. Mark Drakeford is Carwyn Jones in an ill fitting suit.
Deafening silence from Hedges and James as usual and the now Cardiff biased SWEP have already started a w@nk fest over the lovely new station for us. Aren't we lucky?

Felindre Parkway....a slab of concrete in a car park. Haven't we done well. How lucky we are that we have the Welsh Assembly to cater for our transport needs west of Cardiff.
Login to get fewer ads

New Parkway Station on 23:13 - Jul 22 with 1464 viewsjack_lord

It is another case of Welsh Assembly hang your heads in shame. Unfortunately they have thicker skins.
I think the Scots would have sacked Edinburgh if they were doing something similar to the rest of the country.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

New Parkway Station on 12:05 - Nov 10 with 804 viewsJonathans_coat

Update - Swansea Bay Metro vs Swansea Parkway

In short, no mention of “Parkway” station in report (hopefully the idea is dead)

Recommendations for 1st phase - use of Swansea District line as “metro” line (Pontarddulais - Swansea) with 6 new stations. Use of existing west Wales line as second “metro” line (Burry Port - Swansea) with 1 new station.

Phase 2 - new Clydach to Swansea line via Swansea docks and SA1. New Aberdulais - Swansea line again via SA1 and docks, with several new stations.

https://gov.wales/swansea-bay-and-west-wales-metro-weltag-stage-2-report
New Parkway Station on 13:30 - Nov 10 with 757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New Parkway Station on 21:20 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

What possible use is a station at Felindre, the only reason I can think of is that it will be part of the LDP for that area and the proposed extension to Morriston Hospital, its certainly nothing to do with the white elephant that is the business centre or whatever the hell it is,will be interesting to see what develops.

People from Cardiff want to get to west wales quicker. And they always get what they want.

Best close their “dog leg” airport too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New Parkway Station on 22:23 - Nov 11 with 623 viewsbritferry

New Parkway Station on 21:10 - Feb 7 by dickythorpe

Bring back Cockett station! Used to go to Bristol zoo I'm led to believe in the 1940's

Its not in Cockett anymore, its in Fforestfach now

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

New Parkway Station on 22:33 - Nov 11 with 620 viewsbritferry

Bring back the Mumbles train!

And my solution for the obvious problem area, Mumbles to West Cross... I'd widen the cycle path/sea wall and have it running under it as an underground, then bring it up and run it as a tram all the way in to somewhere near the Quadrant.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024