Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Forum. 00:13 - Feb 7 with 8944 viewslifelong

I sometimes have a glance at their forum and came across this thread this evening, they’ve gone into ‘Could be as big as Barcelona’ mode again.
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204860
The Cardiff Forum. on 07:14 - Feb 7 with 5630 viewsThrasher6

TOP DEFINITION
delusional
Believing something to be true that is clearly not. Someone who is not thinking clearly. Used to describe someone attached to an idea which is obviously false.
Jon believes he is always right. He's delusional.
by youreajackass April 16, 2014

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Cardiff Forum. on 07:28 - Feb 7 with 5570 viewsdickythorpe

Lifey, they've been on the space cakes yet again. They really have a complex that they aren't seen as any different up there.
Every fan will say that they belong to a unique club. But they don't understand that no one give two hoots on the outside.
The Cardiff Forum. on 07:31 - Feb 7 with 5563 viewsMrSwerve

Blimey, imagine what they’d be like if they had the success that we’ve had over the last 8 or 9 years!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:31 - Feb 7 with 5261 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It’s as if the years 2011-2018 have suddenly ceased to exist. We’ve got more fans than them in their heartlands even now! We’ve also been the object of a lot of media attention/affection with the way we claimed from near footballing oblivion TWICE to the top flight, not just here but around the world. They play in blue, were the first to wear an all white kit. Unique? They’re just like any other Tom Dick and Harry also ran club playing in blue. We stand out much more in EVERY aspect.
With Barcelona they have that air of footballing romance and uniqueness. I’m not saying we are the same success wise, of course not! What we do have is that element of that football related romance about us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:32 - Feb 7 with 5258 viewsProfessor

Unless there is a major change (i.e. the money stops flowing in) we have a cartel of clubs at the top. A few clubs could join them but Cardiff is a smaller city than Birmingham, Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield and the argument of local population is poppycock. The total catchment area for both Swansea and Cardiff is little more than a million and a half people within an hour's travel. You could argue Wolves have Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Leamington, Telford, Shrewsbury, Walsall, Stafford, Stoke, Lichfield, Tamworth,Bromsgrove, Redditch and Solihull in that area-all major towns and a club who are genuinely a sleeping giant. Could do the same argument for Leeds and to a lesser extent Newcastle-or indeed any East Midlands club. Wales means little except to the welsh (I have lived in England more of my life than in Wales and we are inconsequential to most people) so the Capital City idea is again little more than hogwash. Cardiff has relatively little cultural capital-fewer museums, galleries, theatres etc. than Liverpool or Manchester despite its status.

The Premier League will chew up and spit every club out in the end (bar the top 6 and Everton). I find it hard to believe anyone else is a permanent fixture and of those West Ham and Wolves are the two most likely to break through into an elite. Bolton, Wigan, WBA, Fulham, Stoke, Swansea were all considered permanent fixtures (I know Fulham are back) but one day the time will come for Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton, Brighton etc. That is the best Cardiff can really aspire to-having a decent run. They are delusional if they believe otherwise.
The Cardiff Forum. on 10:13 - Feb 7 with 5163 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:31 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s as if the years 2011-2018 have suddenly ceased to exist. We’ve got more fans than them in their heartlands even now! We’ve also been the object of a lot of media attention/affection with the way we claimed from near footballing oblivion TWICE to the top flight, not just here but around the world. They play in blue, were the first to wear an all white kit. Unique? They’re just like any other Tom Dick and Harry also ran club playing in blue. We stand out much more in EVERY aspect.
With Barcelona they have that air of footballing romance and uniqueness. I’m not saying we are the same success wise, of course not! What we do have is that element of that football related romance about us.

Ha ha, you're sounding a bit like them mate. We are no more special than a host of other clubs, although it felt that way for a little while.

Truth is Cardiff and Swansea are two small/middling sized clubs that have had a few special seasons in their entire history but have both mostly scrubbed around the lower divisions doing f*ck all, and in the bad times in front of very low crowds.

We have much more in common than either set of fans would want to admit, but there is something in the water up there that does seem to make many people delusional about the 'size'and importance of Cardiff, and not just the football team. It really is like little man syndrome.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:17 - Feb 7 with 5151 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:32 - Feb 7 by Professor

Unless there is a major change (i.e. the money stops flowing in) we have a cartel of clubs at the top. A few clubs could join them but Cardiff is a smaller city than Birmingham, Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield and the argument of local population is poppycock. The total catchment area for both Swansea and Cardiff is little more than a million and a half people within an hour's travel. You could argue Wolves have Birmingham, Coventry, Warwick, Leamington, Telford, Shrewsbury, Walsall, Stafford, Stoke, Lichfield, Tamworth,Bromsgrove, Redditch and Solihull in that area-all major towns and a club who are genuinely a sleeping giant. Could do the same argument for Leeds and to a lesser extent Newcastle-or indeed any East Midlands club. Wales means little except to the welsh (I have lived in England more of my life than in Wales and we are inconsequential to most people) so the Capital City idea is again little more than hogwash. Cardiff has relatively little cultural capital-fewer museums, galleries, theatres etc. than Liverpool or Manchester despite its status.

The Premier League will chew up and spit every club out in the end (bar the top 6 and Everton). I find it hard to believe anyone else is a permanent fixture and of those West Ham and Wolves are the two most likely to break through into an elite. Bolton, Wigan, WBA, Fulham, Stoke, Swansea were all considered permanent fixtures (I know Fulham are back) but one day the time will come for Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton, Brighton etc. That is the best Cardiff can really aspire to-having a decent run. They are delusional if they believe otherwise.

For them, a decent run would be more than one season.

You could argue they have never actually been a premier league club at all, as if you cant stay there then all you are is a club that had a good season in the championship and was never really good enough for the league above. So they should be concentrating on doing that before aiming for top 6 (rolls eyes).
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 10:18]

The Cardiff Forum. on 11:48 - Feb 7 with 4988 views34dfgdf54

I think they'll stay up this year.

Had a bad feeling about it for a while. Against the mid table/lower half sides they are too strong at home.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Forum. on 12:11 - Feb 7 with 4916 viewsvalleyboy

The Cardiff Forum. on 09:31 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

“We’ve got more fans than them in their heartland even now”

How delusional are you these days

You can walk around Swansea these days without seeing anyone wearing a Swansea shirt

Cardiff even though they are in the bottom three are getting 10k more attendances than Swansea ever did
The Cardiff Forum. on 12:12 - Feb 7 with 4912 viewsDevz00

The Cardiff Forum. on 12:11 - Feb 7 by valleyboy

You can walk around Swansea these days without seeing anyone wearing a Swansea shirt

Cardiff even though they are in the bottom three are getting 10k more attendances than Swansea ever did

and you're a Swans fan, yeah?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Cardiff Forum. on 12:15 - Feb 7 with 4894 viewssainthelens

Fck do we need people like you !!
The Cardiff Forum. on 12:25 - Feb 7 with 4859 viewsjack_lord

We're going to need a bigger boat

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Cardiff Forum. on 12:40 - Feb 7 with 4806 viewslifelong

The Cardiff City Stadium has 10k more capacity than the Liberty...it’s not rocket science.
The Cardiff Forum. on 13:23 - Feb 7 with 4717 viewsunion_jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:13 - Feb 7 by monmouth

Ha ha, you're sounding a bit like them mate. We are no more special than a host of other clubs, although it felt that way for a little while.

Truth is Cardiff and Swansea are two small/middling sized clubs that have had a few special seasons in their entire history but have both mostly scrubbed around the lower divisions doing f*ck all, and in the bad times in front of very low crowds.

We have much more in common than either set of fans would want to admit, but there is something in the water up there that does seem to make many people delusional about the 'size'and importance of Cardiff, and not just the football team. It really is like little man syndrome.

They have these delusions of grandeur because they are being led to believe that as a city they are something special. By who - WAG.

Professor us right, Wales is inconsequential in England and Cardiff no more than a medium sized town. And certainly not regarded as potentially or otherwise, a footballing powerhouse.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Cardiff Forum. on 13:59 - Feb 7 with 4637 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 10:13 - Feb 7 by monmouth

No, I’m not saying that I believe we’re bigger than Barcelona. Just staying two facts that make us different from other clubs (as small as we are) :-
1. We were the first to sport an all White kit.
2. We climbed after near footballing oblivion (re-election and then the Hull game) to the top league in the country.

Both are kind of unique aren’t they Mon?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff Forum. on 14:20 - Feb 7 with 4566 viewsTWGL

The Cardiff Forum. on 13:23 - Feb 7 by union_jack

They have these delusions of grandeur because they are being led to believe that as a city they are something special. By who - WAG.

Professor us right, Wales is inconsequential in England and Cardiff no more than a medium sized town. And certainly not regarded as potentially or otherwise, a footballing powerhouse.

No offence , how do you conclude it’s a medium sized town when it is 8th biggest city in the U.K and has significant population growth.

It is expected to be around 450,000 in another 5 years
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 14:22]
The Cardiff Forum. on 14:40 - Feb 7 with 4507 viewsThrasher6

The Cardiff Forum. on 14:20 - Feb 7 by TWGL

No offence , how do you conclude it’s a medium sized town when it is 8th biggest city in the U.K and has significant population growth.

Swansea Bay City Region = 685,000

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Cardiff Forum. on 15:17 - Feb 7 with 4447 viewsunion_jack

The Cardiff Forum. on 14:20 - Feb 7 by TWGL

Where do you get that from.

See link of English cities, relatively recently. Bristol in 10th with over 600k. Who is feeding you this info?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-largest-cities-in-england.html

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Cardiff Forum. on 15:22 - Feb 7 with 4430 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Forum. on 13:59 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

No, I’m not saying that I believe we’re bigger than Barcelona. Just staying two facts that make us different from other clubs (as small as we are) :-
2. We climbed after near footballing oblivion (re-election and then the Hull game) to the top league in the country.

I don't know mate I was only teasing you. You are nothing like them.

The Cardiff Forum. on 15:28 - Feb 7 with 4408 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Almost unique.

Burnley needed to win their last game and rely on others to lose to avoid going into the conference around the early 90s. All those things happened and look at them now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Cardiff Forum. on 17:05 - Feb 7 with 4271 viewsTWGL

The Cardiff Forum. on 15:17 - Feb 7 by union_jack

Where do you get that from.

See link of English cities, relatively recently. Bristol in 10th with over 600k. Who is feeding you this info?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-largest-cities-in-england.html

Cardiff Population Data
Year Population Growth
2025 495,378 17,751
2020 477,627 3,440
2019 474,187 13,245
2015 460,942 17,183

Bristol is 449,000 2018 figures , but the urban area is 600k

The wider urban area of Cardiff is close on 1m and they are building 45,000 new homes by 2025 hence the rapid growth projection. (Plas Dwr, areas around Lisvane and St Mellon’s )

I think Cardiff is the 11th biggest city in the Uk so I stand corrected ,but is the fastest growing city outside of London
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 17:21]
The Cardiff Forum. on 17:21 - Feb 7 with 4211 viewstaffpunk

I've just read the link, I don't go on there much. There's only 8 replies in two days, and three of those are basically disagreeing with the original post. So, let's get this into perspective, 5 people who post on that board could be said to agree with what the OP said. I think there's a few thousand registered on there, so hardly representative of what most CCFC supporters think, I'm sure you'd agree?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Cardiff Forum. on 18:08 - Feb 7 with 4114 viewsOldjack

The Cardiff Forum. on 11:48 - Feb 7 by 34dfgdf54

I think they'll stay up this year.

Had a bad feeling about it for a while. Against the mid table/lower half sides they are too strong at home.

Burnley or Scum ,Burnley

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Cardiff Forum. on 18:14 - Feb 7 with 4099 viewsTNT

Their first kit was shit brown and puke yellow.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Cardiff Forum. on 18:55 - Feb 7 with 3993 viewsraynor94

The Cardiff Forum. on 15:28 - Feb 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Almost unique.

Burnley needed to win their last game and rely on others to lose to avoid going into the conference around the early 90s. All those things happened and look at them now.

Northampton town rose from the 4th division to the first in 4 seasons as well, and then went back down again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024