Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the ifs 12:13 - Feb 7 with 2987 viewsSwanseaman

If the club had managed to keep hold of Sigurdsson and Llorente, we may still be in the Prem.

The yanks do not learn from their mistakes. I can see them continuing to offload, weaken the team (proven with Dan James), and more relegation to come - all for short term gains.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

All the ifs on 12:19 - Feb 7 with 2956 viewsLandore_Jack

Leaving Llorente leave on the last day of the transfer window was criminal.

Siggy should have been sold a lot sooner because the club missed out on potential transfer targets. It badly hindered recruitment.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 12:19]

#backtojack

All the ifs on 12:20 - Feb 7 with 2949 viewsDevz00

I don't think we could really expect to keep those players when the bigger clubs come calling,especially in Siggy's case when we are talking in the region of £50m.

The problem is more what we did with the money we received. We wasted all of it.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

All the ifs on 12:24 - Feb 7 with 2932 viewsjasper_T

Llorente was at the time the highest ever fee paid for a player his age (>32). £45m for Gylfi was a sensational fee.

Selling them wasn't a mistake. They both wanted out. That's football. The mistake was in replacing them with a lot of trash on high wages, most of whom couldn't get into the team on a regular basis.
All the ifs on 12:25 - Feb 7 with 2927 viewsSwanseaman

All the ifs on 12:19 - Feb 7 by Landore_Jack

Siggy should have been sold a lot sooner because the club missed out on potential transfer targets. It badly hindered recruitment.

The way they go about all of their dealing seems underhanded and clueless.

Waiting until the last moment to sell, without replacing (their usual way).

But look at all their other dealings, the way they sacked Guidolin on his birthday, cruel and heartless, but that is how they operate. Their list of misdemeanors goes on and on and on.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/francesco-guidolin-sacked-by-swansea-o

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

All the ifs on 12:30 - Feb 7 with 2903 viewsSwanseaman

All the ifs on 12:24 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Llorente was at the time the highest ever fee paid for a player his age (>32). £45m for Gylfi was a sensational fee.

Selling them wasn't a mistake. They both wanted out. That's football. The mistake was in replacing them with a lot of trash on high wages, most of whom couldn't get into the team on a regular basis.

They didn't try to keep them at all, both players have said this.

If they had stayed, it would have cost us more in wages, but if they had managed to keep them, we may still be in the prem.

As it has turned out, they wasted all the money made, and have lost so much being relegated, it would have been much better for them financially if they had kept them.

They way that they went about the sale, and not replacing them well was the nail in our prem coffin.

All the ifs on 12:34 - Feb 7 with 2885 viewsjasper_T

All the ifs on 12:30 - Feb 7 by Swanseaman

They didn't try to keep them at all, both players have said this.

If they had stayed, it would have cost us more in wages, but if they had managed to keep them, we may still be in the prem.

As it has turned out, they wasted all the money made, and have lost so much being relegated, it would have been much better for them financially if they had kept them.

They way that they went about the sale, and not replacing them well was the nail in our prem coffin.

I would have been better not to replace them at all and promote youth instead.

The man primarily responsible for poor recruitment for the last few years has already gone.
All the ifs on 12:56 - Feb 7 with 2827 viewsTreforys_Jack

All the ifs on 12:34 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

I would have been better not to replace them at all and promote youth instead.

The man primarily responsible for poor recruitment for the last few years has already gone.

This, really believe the Americans were duped along with the trust and fans.There should be no respite for the sellouts.
All the ifs on 13:05 - Feb 7 with 2805 viewsmagicdaps10

Selling Siggy brought us FFF for fook sake!!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

All the ifs on 13:12 - Feb 7 with 2779 viewsdickythorpe

Llorente was no michu or bony was he?
We over relied on siggy who got pelters on here if he had a quiet game.
We should have gone down the season before we did, glad we didn't but last season exposed our weaknesses.
All the ifs on 13:28 - Feb 7 with 2742 viewsTreforys_Jack

All the ifs on 13:12 - Feb 7 by dickythorpe

We should have gone down the season before we did, glad we didn't but last season exposed our weaknesses.

Spot on regarding we should have gone down the season before. Last season after beating West Ham l, we only needed to muster up another 5 or 6 pts with the 3 teams below us to play, 2 of them at home. We went down because we deserved to, but we really shouldn't have. How the fe k Huddersfield stayed up I'll never know.
All the ifs on 13:33 - Feb 7 with 2731 viewsunion_jack

All the ifs on 13:12 - Feb 7 by dickythorpe

They were both rubbish Dicky.

You know, someone on here said so and I believed him😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

All the ifs on 14:07 - Feb 7 with 2662 viewsHighjack

Siggy and llorente were perfect for clementball because he relied heavily on set pieces. One of the best free kick takers in the world + a top class targetman is good for that tactic. When they left we carried on playing the same way but with Clucas trying to scuff the ball in for Tom Carroll to attack in the air. It’s no wonder the goals dried up.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

All the ifs on 14:42 - Feb 7 with 2616 viewsswan65split

All the ifs on 12:19 - Feb 7 by Landore_Jack

This .
All the ifs on 14:46 - Feb 7 with 2609 viewsswan65split

All the ifs on 13:33 - Feb 7 by union_jack

They were both rubbish Dicky.

You know, someone on here said so and I believed him😄

Yes someone said they were rubbish on twitter......
All the ifs on 15:02 - Feb 7 with 2575 viewsmarchamjack

Keep up at the back

Llorente and Siggy were holding us back

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

All the ifs on 15:27 - Feb 7 with 2522 viewsswan65split

All the ifs on 15:02 - Feb 7 by marchamjack

Keep up at the back

All about opinions.
All the ifs on 16:04 - Feb 7 with 2488 viewstheloneranger

All the ifs on 15:02 - Feb 7 by marchamjack

Keep up at the back

You'd be held back if you were built like a wardrobe

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

All the ifs on 20:28 - Feb 7 with 2366 viewsBarryTownSwam

My personal view is that selling Siggy & Lorente was sensible business sense. The fees were OTT and both players wanted to leave. My issue is on how the cash was reinvested. I do have sympathy with the club who (if true) complained that numerous players were approached yet no one wanted to come. So we were forced into the Ayew and Bony deals. One moment that strikes me as significant was when we (announced) that we’d agreed a deal to sign forward André Schürrle on loan yet he was injured the day before he was due to sign ! He could have made a huge difference to us, possibly helping the team to get the 4 points. We needed to stay up. The rest is history.
All the ifs on 20:59 - Feb 7 with 2321 viewsAnotherJohn

Selling some big money players is inevitable for a club of our size, but if anybody who goes on a decent goal-scoring run gets sold there is only one outcome. I have always thought that posters on here were too sanguine about 'reinvestment'. Selling established goal-scorers and thinking that the money will automatically translate into a similar volume of goals is always a huge gamble (especially if a club aims to buy cheaper). Clubs pay over the odds for track record in the EPL because that reduces the gamble. They pay for known quality and we try to replace that with potential or the hope that a jaded star will rediscover form. In the end we rolled the dice and lost. Personally I would have liked to keep Llorente for another season or two while we got somebody else up to speed. As soon as he went I feared relegation and so it came to pass.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024