Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours 17:41 - Feb 7 with 1816 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Italy in a bit of trouble, Government Debt at 132% of GDP, Youth unemployment at 32%, in recession -2.6% per annum, spending too much with the possibility of a debt crisis and now the French Ambassabor recalled.

A bit of a concern as this is the 4th largest country by GDP in the EU.( 3rd if /when Britain leaves).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47161500
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 18:32]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 17:51 - Feb 7 with 1785 viewstrinityann

I thought Europe was meant to be this utopia place.
France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 18:01 - Feb 7 with 1762 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 17:51 - Feb 7 by trinityann

Italy always seems to have a political crisis, interestingly in Italy it is young people who tend to want out of the EU and older people tend to want in.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 18:08]

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 18:20 - Feb 7 with 1729 viewscontroversial_jack

It is for most countries
France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 19:51 - Feb 7 with 1627 viewsHighjack

The markets will teach the Italians how to vote the correct way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 1571 viewsLeonWasGod

The leash is long enough to let countries hang themselves. Be interesting to see how this pans out with Italy. The EU are bending over backwards to support ireland over Brexit (rightly so imo). Maybe a bit of building bridges after the Greece fiasco? Italy to get similar support too? No idea tbh (and haven’t read anything about it).
France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:27 - Feb 7 with 1539 viewsFlashberryjack

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:15 - Feb 7 by LeonWasGod

The leash is long enough to let countries hang themselves. Be interesting to see how this pans out with Italy. The EU are bending over backwards to support ireland over Brexit (rightly so imo). Maybe a bit of building bridges after the Greece fiasco? Italy to get similar support too? No idea tbh (and haven’t read anything about it).

The EU are not bending over backwards to help Ireland, they're bending over backwards to stop us from leaving.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:31 - Feb 7 with 1532 viewsAnotherJohn

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 18:01 - Feb 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Italy always seems to have a political crisis, interestingly in Italy it is young people who tend to want out of the EU and older people tend to want in.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 18:08]

The youth unemployment rates in some of the southern countries are soul destroying, and yet I have just heard a university student on BBC News 24 saying that exit is going to destroy her career prospects. I guess that a well-educated 22 year old seeking internships may be in a different boat from most young people. On the other hand, I've worked with very well qualified graduates from Italy and Greece who have fled to the UK and say it was their only real chance of a good job.
France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:58 - Feb 7 with 1510 viewsCooperman

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:31 - Feb 7 by AnotherJohn

The youth unemployment rates in some of the southern countries are soul destroying, and yet I have just heard a university student on BBC News 24 saying that exit is going to destroy her career prospects. I guess that a well-educated 22 year old seeking internships may be in a different boat from most young people. On the other hand, I've worked with very well qualified graduates from Italy and Greece who have fled to the UK and say it was their only real chance of a good job.

That last comment rings very true with me; I have a project on the go out there and one of the key success factors will be the ability to bring some of this young engineering skill and resource ‘home’.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 22:57 - Feb 7 with 1443 viewsBytholWyn

In recent times immigration from the countries around the Med has been a significant contributory factor to net migration from the EU - something that pretty much no one has commented on (like the fact that at the last count there was net emigration from the EU8 - the 8 countries that joined the EU at the same time as Poland). The big mistake in establishing the Euro was the failure to create two currencies rather than one. If Italy defaults its economy, unlike Greece's, is too big to save. This might lead to a much overdue exit of Italy, and probably several other countries from the Euro. The Germans won't be too keen on this as this will result in the Euro rising - hampering exports. But it's the rational solution to a systemic problem that's not going to go away.
France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 00:57 - Feb 8 with 1389 viewsDyfnant

Well they’ll have one less member to fund their bailout. Thankfully

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 08:31 - Feb 8 with 1297 viewsBrynmill_Jack

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 21:15 - Feb 7 by LeonWasGod

There are only two countries that really matter in the EU - Germany and Germany. That's where the idea came from just after 1945 (not sure of the significance).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 08:42 - Feb 8 with 1290 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

France and Italy - Not Happy Neighbours on 22:57 - Feb 7 by BytholWyn

In recent times immigration from the countries around the Med has been a significant contributory factor to net migration from the EU - something that pretty much no one has commented on (like the fact that at the last count there was net emigration from the EU8 - the 8 countries that joined the EU at the same time as Poland). The big mistake in establishing the Euro was the failure to create two currencies rather than one. If Italy defaults its economy, unlike Greece's, is too big to save. This might lead to a much overdue exit of Italy, and probably several other countries from the Euro. The Germans won't be too keen on this as this will result in the Euro rising - hampering exports. But it's the rational solution to a systemic problem that's not going to go away.

Before the euro Italy used to devalue the lira, cut interest rates and increase government spending to stimulate growth now it is reliant on the ECB which could mean an increase in the cost of money for Italy already in big debt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024