Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... 06:30 - Feb 8 with 13230 viewsScottishEddie

...?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 08:08 - Feb 9 with 1239 views_

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 07:14 - Feb 9 by jack247

People aren’t aggravated by the Americans trying to make a profit, that’s going to be pretty much any owners goal. Fans are aggravated by the arrogant, incompetent, haphazard way they’ve taken us from a semi-established PL club to a financial basket case in less than 3 years.

I can’t see people marching through town unsettling the team. Judging from McBurnie and Roberts’ deadline day tweets, they don’t seem too impressed anyway.

Get over yourself FFS.

We got relegated from the EPL. Most of this noise is just absolutely PATHETIC.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 09:06 - Feb 9 with 1146 viewsMorristonmike

I will be there.. anybody thinking it's pathetic needs to come down and tell us ! Don't be a internet ghost- don't get why people think this that's all.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 9:26]
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 09:34 - Feb 9 with 1095 viewsswan65split

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 08:08 - Feb 9 by _

Get over yourself FFS.

Temper Temper!

You just dont get it do you?
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:32 - Feb 9 with 1033 viewsLoyal

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 09:34 - Feb 9 by swan65split

Temper Temper!

You just dont get it do you?

I find it you put him on ignore life here is so much better.
One more day closer.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 10:40]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:33 - Feb 9 with 1027 viewsjack247

Get over yourself FFS.

Grow up Chris, it’s a different opinion to yours. It’s a fairly common opinion both on this board and in Swansea.

People aren’t kicking off just because we got relegated. You’re insulting your own intelligence to even imply that.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:49 - Feb 9 with 980 viewsCorrectSir

Get over yourself FFS.

Yep, it’s complete nonsense from these people. There is a reason the shareholders were desperate to sell st that time.

Staying up was about to become an uphill struggle as costs naturally caught up with income and our backbone of the side that stabilised it through the previous decade was on its last legs with many attempts to replace them by a multitude of managers, failing.

Every single team outside the top 6 gets relegated and very few stay as long as we did. They aren’t all haphazard. There is a reason this trend is something we have and always will see and that is simply finances. The better you manage them the longer you may get before you eventually succumb to the inevitable, and we stayed there longer than anyone could have dreamed.

Leicester won the league a few years back, I have no doubt they will be relegated within the next 7 years, add Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle, Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace and Brighton to that list.

Most of which will do so without winning a major trophy, multiple top half finishes, 7 consecutive seasons and getting to knockout stages of Europe either.

These current owners are simply running the club at a level that won’t damage us longterm as all this sustained success does come with overheads.

How do these people want them to run the club then, out of interest? Gamble the future of the clubs on a couple of players? Continue to have costs rocket? Makes no sense.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:57 - Feb 9 with 955 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:49 - Feb 9 by CorrectSir

Yep, it’s complete nonsense from these people. There is a reason the shareholders were desperate to sell st that time.

Staying up was about to become an uphill struggle as costs naturally caught up with income and our backbone of the side that stabilised it through the previous decade was on its last legs with many attempts to replace them by a multitude of managers, failing.

Every single team outside the top 6 gets relegated and very few stay as long as we did. They aren’t all haphazard. There is a reason this trend is something we have and always will see and that is simply finances. The better you manage them the longer you may get before you eventually succumb to the inevitable, and we stayed there longer than anyone could have dreamed.

Leicester won the league a few years back, I have no doubt they will be relegated within the next 7 years, add Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Southampton, West Ham, Newcastle, Watford, Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace and Brighton to that list.

Most of which will do so without winning a major trophy, multiple top half finishes, 7 consecutive seasons and getting to knockout stages of Europe either.

These current owners are simply running the club at a level that won’t damage us longterm as all this sustained success does come with overheads.

How do these people want them to run the club then, out of interest? Gamble the future of the clubs on a couple of players? Continue to have costs rocket? Makes no sense.

First few paragraphs - I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t dislike them simply because we were relegated. It was always going to happen at some point, they probably accelerated the process, but it would have happened eventually anyway.

Last paragraph - They’ve already gambled the future of the club on Bony, Andre Ayew, Mesa, Clucas and Baston.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:59 - Feb 9 with 949 views_

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:49 - Feb 9 by CorrectSir

Precisely and Jack247 needs to take a good long look at this because there's very little evidence of any intelligent thought processing going on from the various different noises we're constantly hearing.

This is the ridiculous thing, ifwe'd gone down in 2012 like EVERYONE expected us to do and with the same old owners and then ended up drifting further down to league 1 or 2 because we wouldn't have got the infrastructure that we built-up in the 7 years in the EPL, everyone it seems would be fine with that.

Now we've got state of the art facilities with a thriving youth set up and a squeak away from the play offs and everyone is kicking off.

There's no other word for it. Pathetic.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:06 - Feb 9 with 928 viewsCorrectSir

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:57 - Feb 9 by jack247

First few paragraphs - I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t dislike them simply because we were relegated. It was always going to happen at some point, they probably accelerated the process, but it would have happened eventually anyway.

Last paragraph - They’ve already gambled the future of the club on Bony, Andre Ayew, Mesa, Clucas and Baston.

Accelerated it? They stayed up for years after the takeover, I am amazed we stayed up for so long and think we did remarkably well all things considered. But as you say it was going to happen anyway and we at that point had long past the average.

They did not gamble the future of the club on then; they gambled our PL income on them. This worked for years previously, and again law of averages say it would stop working eventually. Now to compound that with being able to service that debt to a pretty close point with assets that were attained - with then extending that liability to a point beyond what we can afford is mental, yes?

Surely it would be that way of running the club that fans should be terrified of, not the way it is being run now which is trying to run it at a sensible and self sufficient level?

People are just swapping one battle for another without really knowing why, or what it is trying to achieve.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:07 - Feb 9 with 926 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:59 - Feb 9 by _

Precisely and Jack247 needs to take a good long look at this because there's very little evidence of any intelligent thought processing going on from the various different noises we're constantly hearing.

This is the ridiculous thing, ifwe'd gone down in 2012 like EVERYONE expected us to do and with the same old owners and then ended up drifting further down to league 1 or 2 because we wouldn't have got the infrastructure that we built-up in the 7 years in the EPL, everyone it seems would be fine with that.

Now we've got state of the art facilities with a thriving youth set up and a squeak away from the play offs and everyone is kicking off.

Let’s rewind 3 years and give you the benefit of hindsight.

Jenkins, Morgan etc have just had their first real relegation scare and the costs of running a PL side on the revenue it generates itself are escalating. Fans maybe haven’t realised it yet, but their time is running out. They are going to look at reasonable offers and the controlling interest is going to be sold at some point.

Would you be happy, as a fan, for them to sell to these owners in particular?
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:11 - Feb 9 with 919 viewsCorrectSir

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 10:59 - Feb 9 by _

Yep, victims of our own success.

The fans for years say the club was losing its values and principles. The fans are probably more out of touch with reality now than they ever have been in my 20+ years supporting the club.

I genuinely think that is because the majority of our fan base now jumped on the wagon on our rise. Added with the outrage social media culture - people just revel in being miserable and complaining.

One focus gets achieved they just switch the focus of their anger somewhere else. They have no idea what they want which is why they always end up swearing/shouting down/banning you when you simply ask them. They just don’t actually know. If they are protesting something and posting their pics on social media then they feel they have done something, what that thing is however is conoletely unknown and cknoletely irrelevabt to votg the person in question and everyone else.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:13 - Feb 9 with 915 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:06 - Feb 9 by CorrectSir

Accelerated it? They stayed up for years after the takeover, I am amazed we stayed up for so long and think we did remarkably well all things considered. But as you say it was going to happen anyway and we at that point had long past the average.

They did not gamble the future of the club on then; they gambled our PL income on them. This worked for years previously, and again law of averages say it would stop working eventually. Now to compound that with being able to service that debt to a pretty close point with assets that were attained - with then extending that liability to a point beyond what we can afford is mental, yes?

Surely it would be that way of running the club that fans should be terrified of, not the way it is being run now which is trying to run it at a sensible and self sufficient level?

People are just swapping one battle for another without really knowing why, or what it is trying to achieve.

They took us over in the summer of 2016. We stayed up in 2016/17 and were relegated the following season.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:14 - Feb 9 with 911 views_

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:07 - Feb 9 by jack247

Jenkins, Morgan etc have just had their first real relegation scare and the costs of running a PL side on the revenue it generates itself are escalating. Fans maybe haven’t realised it yet, but their time is running out. They are going to look at reasonable offers and the controlling interest is going to be sold at some point.

I'm not interested in the past. That's gone.

But I'm also quite pleased the Americans spent as much as they did when we were in the EPL, even though they were gambling, it still showed intent.

Yeah, they're in it for profit, but for that to happen it's got to be success for SCFC.

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:16 - Feb 9 with 911 viewsCorrectSir

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:07 - Feb 9 by jack247

Who would the other option be?

If it’s a choice of these that we know now or a lucky dip into the pool of “realistic” owners then I would take these every time.

They back the club with surplus money in the transfer market and do not subject the club to undue and unserviceable overheads.

Again, how do people want them to be running the club at the moment? Gambling with money we don’t have?
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:17 - Feb 9 with 907 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:14 - Feb 9 by _

I'm not interested in the past. That's gone.

But I'm also quite pleased the Americans spent as much as they did when we were in the EPL, even though they were gambling, it still showed intent.

Yeah, they're in it for profit, but for that to happen it's got to be success for SCFC.

I know the past is gone, I’m just asking if you are glad Jenkins etc sold to these owners in particular.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:18 - Feb 9 with 898 views_

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:13 - Feb 9 by jack247

They took us over in the summer of 2016. We stayed up in 2016/17 and were relegated the following season.

No argumen

Just noise

Not surprised

Pathetic

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:19 - Feb 9 with 892 views_

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:17 - Feb 9 by jack247

I know the past is gone, I’m just asking if you are glad Jenkins etc sold to these owners in particular.

Until something material changes my mind and being realistic about who would ever have wanted to buy our club, even when in the EPL then I'm going to say, yes. I am.

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:21 - Feb 9 with 886 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:18 - Feb 9 by _

No argumen

Just noise

Not surprised

Pathetic

I’m just pointing out we didn’t stay up for ‘years’ after the takeover. Unless two counts as years, including the one we were relegated.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:22 - Feb 9 with 877 viewsCorrectSir

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:13 - Feb 9 by jack247

Yeah so almost a third of our PL history was under them after they took over what looked like a club on the way out, I was almost certain we would be relegated in that first year and was incredulous that we almost survived yet again the season after. We looked hopeless for the majority of that season prior to them coming in, I’m sure it was a good last part of the season which secured our survival.

But anyway, I am still struggling to understand how people want the Americans to be running the club right now. Seems an odd time to protest when nobody can really have any complaints with how things are being handled understanding we have overheads to service.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:24 - Feb 9 with 864 viewsCorrectSir

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:21 - Feb 9 by jack247

I’m just pointing out we didn’t stay up for ‘years’ after the takeover. Unless two counts as years, including the one we were relegated.

We were in the PL for years after their takeover then. Don’t think it matters too much to the point does it?

If all our PL history comprised of just the US owned part, there is 85%+ of the football league that would snatch your hand off for that. Many current PL teams.

The point is trying to understand why people are unhappy about the way they are currently running the club and what they are wanting to change by the protest. Any help on that front?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 11:25]
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:25 - Feb 9 with 856 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:16 - Feb 9 by CorrectSir

Who would the other option be?

If it’s a choice of these that we know now or a lucky dip into the pool of “realistic” owners then I would take these every time.

They back the club with surplus money in the transfer market and do not subject the club to undue and unserviceable overheads.

Again, how do people want them to be running the club at the moment? Gambling with money we don’t have?

The other option would be to hold their nerve until a buyer came along that could actually take us forward. We were a much more attractive prospect back then.

I understand why they sold and quite honestly can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same myself. As a fan though, it’s been a complete disaster.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:26 - Feb 9 with 842 views_

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:21 - Feb 9 by jack247

Why don't you look at.why we were relegated and just a snippet here....

'Clement was happy with the players 'we brought in for him, Bony, Sanches and Clucas'

How the Fack is that the Americans fault??????

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:29 - Feb 9 with 831 viewsjack247

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:24 - Feb 9 by CorrectSir

We were in the PL for years after their takeover then. Don’t think it matters too much to the point does it?

If all our PL history comprised of just the US owned part, there is 85%+ of the football league that would snatch your hand off for that. Many current PL teams.

The point is trying to understand why people are unhappy about the way they are currently running the club and what they are wanting to change by the protest. Any help on that front?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 11:25]

Well yes it does.

I said they probably accelerated our relegation, you disagreed and said we stayed up for years after the takeover. Ignoring the fact that only a pedant would class 2 seasons, including a relegation season, as staying up for years, we were relegated at the second opportunity.
Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:30 - Feb 9 with 820 viewsSmellyplumz

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:22 - Feb 9 by CorrectSir

Yeah so almost a third of our PL history was under them after they took over what looked like a club on the way out, I was almost certain we would be relegated in that first year and was incredulous that we almost survived yet again the season after. We looked hopeless for the majority of that season prior to them coming in, I’m sure it was a good last part of the season which secured our survival.

But anyway, I am still struggling to understand how people want the Americans to be running the club right now. Seems an odd time to protest when nobody can really have any complaints with how things are being handled understanding we have overheads to service.

How about the yanks stop f ucking lying to the fans ...you know,"next level" sh1t. how about they plough some of their own money into the club to bring us success instead of bleeding us dry. how about not saddling us with awful managers that killed us in the past.

Id have more respect for them if they were simply truthful from the beginning and said basically we are here to not spend anything of our own money but simply make money from the club .

I expect a shite reply from you as clearly you are right up the yanks asses.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:31 - Feb 9 with 819 viewsCorrectSir

Are The Trust endorsing this 1000+ protsest... on 11:25 - Feb 9 by jack247

The other option would be to hold their nerve until a buyer came along that could actually take us forward. We were a much more attractive prospect back then.

I understand why they sold and quite honestly can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same myself. As a fan though, it’s been a complete disaster.

So hold on for an unknown buyer that may never come along, to shares that are odds on to be worth millions less any season now?

That just seems unrealistic to me. I’d have sold as would most others if they are being honest. But again I don’t know what these owners are doing that is so terrible that needs to be changed when we know that all other realistic owners will either do the same or far worse. I don’t believe in the oil tycoon scenario trotted out on here.

But in all honesty, whether they sold or not or held on is largely irrelevant, the result of the relegation and the shortfall would still be the same in all probability. I don’t see what changes with any scenario apart from one on which we make up a scenario of perfect owners coming along - which is something we are creating because it didn’t exist.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024