Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Average possession table 19:00 - Feb 9 with 5498 viewsBumblyone

Team. Average possession

Swansea City. 53.76%
Brentford. 53.68%
Leeds. 52.68%
WBA. 52.54%
Norwich. 51.33%
Derby. 51.07%
Average possession table on 15:33 - Feb 10 with 1050 viewsAndy1300

Average possession table on 15:22 - Feb 10 by icecoldjack

Not arguing with the facts, just pointing out that a certain system of play will be of benefit to us, as it was before.
If we signed players and not sold them no doubt this system would be bearing more fruit .

You argument however is an old and tired one, it's the same argument people have been having since Roberto took over in L1, like with all things tactics and style of play are only part of the equation .

Players make all the difference, we recently fooked off about 16 of them, get the right players for the right system and it will work.
As mentioned above, teams with high possession stats are in 3 of the top 4 places, the only thing that stops the Swans from being there is the fact we are asset stripping the playing squad and not investing or backing the way potter wants to play.

Nothing wrong with being good at something, it's just finding the right blend at the moment, and of course right investment.

It may be old and tired but we are where we are, 11th in the Championship, despite all the possession wev'e had.

I prefer that fact to what 'could have been'

10 of the top 11 have lower possession.

Spin it however you want but possession isn't winning us games.

Number 1 team in Wales

Average possession table on 15:46 - Feb 10 with 1035 viewsdickythorpe

Sam Allardyce sussed us saying we were great to watch from the half way line.
Average possession table on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 1014 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Average possession table on 15:46 - Feb 10 by dickythorpe

Sam Allardyce sussed us saying we were great to watch from the half way line.

Couldn’t give a sh1t about possession.

Man Utd under Van Gaal had possession every game but were dire to watch.

Now look at them under Solsjkaer. Get the ball forward quick as possible, get lots of attackers forward, score goals.

I don’t rate our football at all.
Average possession table on 16:02 - Feb 10 with 1008 viewsjasper_T

Average possession table on 15:55 - Feb 10 by Brad_Bobbly

Couldn’t give a sh1t about possession.

Man Utd under Van Gaal had possession every game but were dire to watch.

Now look at them under Solsjkaer. Get the ball forward quick as possible, get lots of attackers forward, score goals.

I don’t rate our football at all.

Go watch United, then.
Average possession table on 16:16 - Feb 10 with 998 viewssioni

Average possession table on 20:12 - Feb 9 by LeonWasGod

If Brendan looked at this thread he’d be shaking his head and wondering why we’ve gone from a fan base that understands this to a bunch of idiots. Possession with penetration. Nothing’s changed since his day. If you control the game it gives you a better chance to win it IF you make and take chances. It’s not the only way to win a game, but it’s a damn sight better to watch than Pulis ball.

Exactly. Of course, we could conceivably score more goals and have more possession and still have less points depending on distribution of the goals, defence,referees etc. More grist for the mill and umpteen causes for enjoyable competition on the forum. Isn’t football and life wonderful?
Average possession table on 17:35 - Feb 10 with 966 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Average possession table on 16:02 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Go watch United, then.

I do, every game - ta
Average possession table on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 878 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Average possession table on 17:35 - Feb 10 by Brad_Bobbly

I do, every game - ta

Post on their forum then.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Average possession table on 12:32 - Feb 11 with 863 viewsrobbiejames86

Out of interest, what are the shots and corner stats, that's a better indicator than holding onto the ball on the edge of our box?
Login to get fewer ads

Average possession table on 12:55 - Feb 11 with 854 viewsMoscowJack

Without wanting to sound too much like Roberto or Brendan, I think this is going to be "a process".

Firstly, we've moved back to a passing game, which is an excellent start, especially as we seem so weak at the back when the opposition get the ball and run at us.

Secondly, we haven't got a Leon who can link defence to midfield as well and as quickly as he could. That's why we're so slow (usually) on the transition from defence to attack.

Finally, we haven't got enough goalscorers to take advantage of the possession. Routs, Dyer, Dan J, Grimes, Fer, Montero, Asoro, McKay, Carroll and even Celina just don't chip in with enough.

How many did Scott Sinclair get in our promotion year? 27, wasn't it? We haven't got anyone anywhere near as dynamic as him at the moment, although I loved the George Byers has been confident enough to have a pop from outside the box v Bristol City and Millwall. I'm not saying he's 20+ a season player but he could easily be 10+, which we desperately need as we can't rely on Ollie to score all the goals.

The way I see it, if there was a chance of getting decent players in this summer, we'll try to address that lack of goals with ball-playing footballers who can fit into our current style. It's a case of 'one-step at a time' and I'm over the moon that we're taking the first big step towards being attractive to watch AND successful.

Stats aren't always an indication of success or failure but I think the purists here, including me, would rather see us 7th with good football than 5th playing in a very ugly style, like those up the road from us. It's the main reason that I have a weirdly strong dislike for Monk, despite all his incredible achievements at the club.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Average possession table on 17:55 - Feb 16 with 728 viewsAndy1300

Man City v Newport

72% possession but Newport nearly score first.

Makes a mockery of possession stats

Number 1 team in Wales

Average possession table on 18:16 - Feb 16 with 724 viewsBadlands

Average possession table on 19:34 - Feb 9 by Andy1300

Possession doesn't win games, we found that out in the Prem

Points are what matters not possession

When we had teams capable of playing that way we did very well - then long came Monk and his 3rd division hoofball.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Average possession table on 19:27 - Feb 16 with 696 viewsGaz_M

Average possession table on 18:16 - Feb 16 by Badlands

When we had teams capable of playing that way we did very well - then long came Monk and his 3rd division hoofball.

We did well against Leeds.
Average possession table on 22:41 - Feb 16 with 660 viewssherpajacob

Goals may indeed win matches, but defences and clean sheets win championships.

When we have possession the opposition can't score.

There's the italian, Souza, style possession of denying the opposition the ball or the Spanish style of moving the ball quickly around as fergie called it a,passing carousel.

Both are preferable to the English style lump ball of Colin.

There is a reason no English manager has won the premier league in its 25 year existence

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024