Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out 23:03 - Feb 9 with 6551 viewsSTID2017

https://www.change.org/p/american-owners-out
We should all sign this, as well as sharing it and encouraging family, friends and neighbours to do the same

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:21 - Feb 10 with 1553 viewsPozuelosSideys

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:18 - Feb 10 by STID2017

in an ideal world I'd like to see a super rich football fan (or consortium of fans)take us over who would go back to running us frugally, even if this meant us playing at this level and building the club gradually.
In truth, unless a local consortium takes over which has the future of the club at heart, then I fear we may crash and burn under the current owners.
I don;t think any outside "investors" will touch us with a barge pole (unless the Yanks can take as much as they feel they can and walk away from the club0
This will leave us in a situation like we found ourselves post Petty - hopefully still in the Football League then.
If it happens, it happens.
Worse things happen in life.

Cool.. the sugar daddy route. We can hope eh?

I will caveat though that my view will change should the Americans see the club as a vehicle to pay dividends. The club is simply not big enough, nor able to bring large enough revenues in to pay dividends AND attract the talent we need even in the Championship. Its one or the other.

My other concern is who we replace HJ with. Thats the biggest decision they will need to come up with and will make or break them imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:22 - Feb 10 with 1549 viewsPozuelosSideys

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:12 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

He's had 3-5 years of poor performance by my reckoning. June 2015 is the latest you could argue things were good, but the groundwork for disaster was laid back around Christmas 2013.

Excellent for 90% of 17 years he was not.

Ok, ok.. 90% is too much.. but you get my point. It was excellent until the Laudrup fiasco!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:35 - Feb 10 with 1532 viewsSTID2017

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:21 - Feb 10 by PozuelosSideys

Cool.. the sugar daddy route. We can hope eh?

I will caveat though that my view will change should the Americans see the club as a vehicle to pay dividends. The club is simply not big enough, nor able to bring large enough revenues in to pay dividends AND attract the talent we need even in the Championship. Its one or the other.

My other concern is who we replace HJ with. Thats the biggest decision they will need to come up with and will make or break them imo

The thing is as well we do not need Pearlman and a DOF / chairman/ etc (by whatever title)
With all the culling that has been done and no doubt will continue, surely Pearlman has to make way to allow them to pay the salary of the next Chairman ?
They may yet surprise us all and allow funds to attract the talent we need to do as well as we have done this season.
I won't hold my breath though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:36 - Feb 10 with 1528 viewsPozuelosSideys

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:35 - Feb 10 by STID2017

The thing is as well we do not need Pearlman and a DOF / chairman/ etc (by whatever title)
With all the culling that has been done and no doubt will continue, surely Pearlman has to make way to allow them to pay the salary of the next Chairman ?
They may yet surprise us all and allow funds to attract the talent we need to do as well as we have done this season.

Couldnt agree more with this bit mate

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:36 - Feb 10 with 1521 viewsAllAgreedThen

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:19 - Feb 9 by shenleymun

Yeah the guys who bought Liverpool must be kicking themselves they didn’t wait till SWANSEA became available

Innit, people are deluded.

They genuinely reckon an oil tycoon is around the corner that wants to pour a billion in for fun. It’s embarrassing.

These people are essentially kicking up a fuss because the Americans are protecting the clubs financial health and these fans want a more fun and reckless approach.

That’s the crux of it.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 03:45 - Feb 10 with 1488 viewsLoyal

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:36 - Feb 10 by AllAgreedThen

Innit, people are deluded.

They genuinely reckon an oil tycoon is around the corner that wants to pour a billion in for fun. It’s embarrassing.

These people are essentially kicking up a fuss because the Americans are protecting the clubs financial health and these fans want a more fun and reckless approach.

That’s the crux of it.

As I've asked you before, how do you know about Swansea City's financial health ?
If you are basing your point on the say so of the current majority share owners, people who purchased their share holding without notifying the trust or ensuring that those selling did. Or may be the same share holders who stated that youth is the future and then within a few months try to sell on that youth ? Or maybe the same shareholding that tried to sell our club captain to a rival ? Or who dismissed a number of low paid workers at the club but kept on a proxy American on £678,000 a year and a chairman who totally fckd the club over 13 months ago in the transfer window to save his own salary ? And now have sent two more Charlie's to do their bidding. Or maybe the same share holders who never once divulged that 28 other investors were a part of a hedgefund until they were asked and when that fund is analysed they have a track record of investing in companies that could easily be liquidated ?

How can a club that boasted 20,000,000 profit in Sept 2017 then plead poverty 11 months later ? If that's the case ok, BUT Nobody knows because the only accounting on offer are monthly balance sheets not properly ledgered accounts that will easily display or otherwise their ... claims. And display clearly where the money has gone. And this to a shareholder with over a 20% stake. The supporters trust.

Why are people marching ? What's the point eh ? Fck knows it's beyond me, and clearly well beyond you and your intelligence level.

Maybe we can ask your next invention on planet swans, surely we must be on double figures now ? Take a tablet and a day off pal. Your fcking nuts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 05:16 - Feb 10 with 1469 viewsAllAgreedThen

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 03:45 - Feb 10 by Loyal

As I've asked you before, how do you know about Swansea City's financial health ?
If you are basing your point on the say so of the current majority share owners, people who purchased their share holding without notifying the trust or ensuring that those selling did. Or may be the same share holders who stated that youth is the future and then within a few months try to sell on that youth ? Or maybe the same shareholding that tried to sell our club captain to a rival ? Or who dismissed a number of low paid workers at the club but kept on a proxy American on £678,000 a year and a chairman who totally fckd the club over 13 months ago in the transfer window to save his own salary ? And now have sent two more Charlie's to do their bidding. Or maybe the same share holders who never once divulged that 28 other investors were a part of a hedgefund until they were asked and when that fund is analysed they have a track record of investing in companies that could easily be liquidated ?

How can a club that boasted 20,000,000 profit in Sept 2017 then plead poverty 11 months later ? If that's the case ok, BUT Nobody knows because the only accounting on offer are monthly balance sheets not properly ledgered accounts that will easily display or otherwise their ... claims. And display clearly where the money has gone. And this to a shareholder with over a 20% stake. The supporters trust.

Why are people marching ? What's the point eh ? Fck knows it's beyond me, and clearly well beyond you and your intelligence level.

Maybe we can ask your next invention on planet swans, surely we must be on double figures now ? Take a tablet and a day off pal. Your fcking nuts.

You sound like you are ranting about the takeover years ago? That’s been done to death, my question is what change are you currently hoping to achieve. Still nobody seems to have any idea.

We haven’t posted a £20m profit. We sold players to service a drop in income. You don’t need to see the accounts to know who much you get in the Championship and how much you get in the Premier League. It just needs a bit of common sense.

No idea what you are on about regarding usernames and tablets. I can only assume you are getting frustrated at not being able to explain the reasoning behind your actions so lashing out and abusing people asking pretty fair and common sense questions? Feel free to explain to this username or any of my future ones. I’ll ask again:-

What is it about the way the club is currently being run that you are hoping protesting will change?

I would say take your time, but this must now be the 11th or 12th page of similar questioning over various threads and not a single person has any sort of idea whatsoever.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 05:41 - Feb 10 with 1465 viewsCooperman

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:35 - Feb 10 by STID2017

If you believe Pearlman and his press release then this isn’t going to happen. We are back to the need to see audited accounts that prove the financial status.

As for his presence here, he literally is their man on the ground. This is how these things work. Whether we like it or not or are satisfied with levels of success are different matters altogether.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 07:55 - Feb 10 with 1420 viewsSwans9

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 05:41 - Feb 10 by Cooperman

If you believe Pearlman and his press release then this isn’t going to happen. We are back to the need to see audited accounts that prove the financial status.

As for his presence here, he literally is their man on the ground. This is how these things work. Whether we like it or not or are satisfied with levels of success are different matters altogether.

Signed. Pearlman we have had net loss on all transfer windows. Comedy hour
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 08:51 - Feb 10 with 1400 viewsDr_Winston

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:02 - Feb 10 by STID2017

Surely though the Yanks were in charge when we sold Gylfi and Llorente too late, sanctioned the decisions to re-sign Andre Ayew, Bony, sign the likes of Clucas at inflated prices, then have a fire sale and sell the likes of Fernandez for far less than they were worth ?
In an ideal world we would have carried on being frugal, getting free signing or low cost signings and selling at a profit.
When we stopped doing that, it was the beginning of the end for the previous owners as the debt threatened to become unmanageable.
They compounded this by not using due diligence before selling to new owners ?
What the future brings, and who will buy us - who knows ?
I only hope and pray, as every Swans fan does, that they are better than the current lot

I've never got the whole "we sold Siggy too late" argument. For once we held out until a buying team paid the full whack a player was worth instead of meekly capitulating at the first offer like we did so often before.

The mess we're in now could have been worse if we'd taken £15m less just to get the deal done like many wanted us to do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 09:10 - Feb 10 with 1376 viewsjack247

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 08:51 - Feb 10 by Dr_Winston

I've never got the whole "we sold Siggy too late" argument. For once we held out until a buying team paid the full whack a player was worth instead of meekly capitulating at the first offer like we did so often before.

The mess we're in now could have been worse if we'd taken £15m less just to get the deal done like many wanted us to do.

It wouldn’t have been £15m less though and if we’d sold him earlier we probably wouldn’t have replaced him with Clucas
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 09:15 - Feb 10 with 1373 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 08:51 - Feb 10 by Dr_Winston

Yes but wasn’t there a point where their final offer was made (the one we accepted) a few days before we agreed the deal? I’m not sure , maybe my memory is playing tricks on me?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 09:23 - Feb 10 with 1365 viewsDr_Winston

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 09:10 - Feb 10 by jack247

It wouldn’t have been £15m less though and if we’d sold him earlier we probably wouldn’t have replaced him with Clucas

First part is guesswork. It could quite easily have been £15m less if Jenkins had had the final say. And we'd have probably spent the money on Clucas regardless. It's not as if we'd have had anyone better lined up is it?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 09:29 - Feb 10 with 1344 viewsjack247

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 09:23 - Feb 10 by Dr_Winston

First part is guesswork. It could quite easily have been £15m less if Jenkins had had the final say. And we'd have probably spent the money on Clucas regardless. It's not as if we'd have had anyone better lined up is it?

It’s just a wild guess though, unless you know Everton were offering £15m less early in the window and Jenkins wanted to accept t.

Clucas, like Bony and Ayew, was a panic buy because we were late in the window.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:11 - Feb 10 with 1317 viewsvetchonian

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:18 - Feb 10 by STID2017

in an ideal world I'd like to see a super rich football fan (or consortium of fans)take us over who would go back to running us frugally, even if this meant us playing at this level and building the club gradually.
In truth, unless a local consortium takes over which has the future of the club at heart, then I fear we may crash and burn under the current owners.
I don;t think any outside "investors" will touch us with a barge pole (unless the Yanks can take as much as they feel they can and walk away from the club0
This will leave us in a situation like we found ourselves post Petty - hopefully still in the Football League then.
If it happens, it happens.
Worse things happen in life.

Unfortuneately we are where we are.
If such a petition were successful who is waiting in the wings to takeover?
There didn't appear to be a queue the last time
A local consortium wouldn't that be ideal ....remind me didn't we have that not so long ago but they felt they needed to sell up as they felt they were not financially equipped to continue to keep the club successful....what is so different now?

Like many I am not entirely happy with where we are....things have not been helped by how the sale was handled,the "sidelining " of the trust and the lack of transparency from the Yanks. Pearlmans statement made sense ..though I guess every player on our books has their price so wouldn't be surprised to see many leave if the "price is right".

So what is the cunning plan if the petition works....what if the Yanks decide to cut their losses and run by winding up the club....look at Companies House website there is such a complex structure to the clubs ownership and organisation...we could be left with nothing?

That doesn't say I am totally happy with it all but I still have a football club I can support,one which is in the last 16 of the FA cup and a chance of progressing to the final 8 whilst competing at the right end of the championship. 17 years ago most here would have bitten your hand off for that...shame is we were sold a dream enjoyed that dream and then had it turned into a nightmare by the providers of that dream.......the bad taste is still lingering......but at the moment we have no real alternative.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:19 - Feb 10 with 1298 viewsDewi1jack

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:22 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

Jack to a King was what brought these owners in.

Don't see the point myself. They're no worse than the last lot.

Personally I find them better than the last lot were since they binned Loudstrop.

They don't proclaim to be fans/ Swansea till I die.
"Run by the fans for the fans" anyone?
They don't lie to or mislead the Trust (because they don't talk with them)

They've told us and will have to show in the company accounts financial mismanagement from the previous owners.
They've told us a lot of signings were bad/ are still bad for the club

We know where we stand with a hedge fund- they're in it for profit

So, all in all
I trust this lot a fuk of a lot more than Shagger, Dimwit, Beaky, Van Clog, katzen etc etc.
That doesn't say a lot mind!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:21 - Feb 10 with 1294 views_

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:11 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Unfortuneately we are where we are.
If such a petition were successful who is waiting in the wings to takeover?
There didn't appear to be a queue the last time
A local consortium wouldn't that be ideal ....remind me didn't we have that not so long ago but they felt they needed to sell up as they felt they were not financially equipped to continue to keep the club successful....what is so different now?

Like many I am not entirely happy with where we are....things have not been helped by how the sale was handled,the "sidelining " of the trust and the lack of transparency from the Yanks. Pearlmans statement made sense ..though I guess every player on our books has their price so wouldn't be surprised to see many leave if the "price is right".

So what is the cunning plan if the petition works....what if the Yanks decide to cut their losses and run by winding up the club....look at Companies House website there is such a complex structure to the clubs ownership and organisation...we could be left with nothing?

That doesn't say I am totally happy with it all but I still have a football club I can support,one which is in the last 16 of the FA cup and a chance of progressing to the final 8 whilst competing at the right end of the championship. 17 years ago most here would have bitten your hand off for that...shame is we were sold a dream enjoyed that dream and then had it turned into a nightmare by the providers of that dream.......the bad taste is still lingering......but at the moment we have no real alternative.

Wow. I am truly shocked.

That is a great post.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:35 - Feb 10 with 1278 viewsjasper_T

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:19 - Feb 10 by Dewi1jack

Personally I find them better than the last lot were since they binned Loudstrop.

They don't proclaim to be fans/ Swansea till I die.
"Run by the fans for the fans" anyone?
They don't lie to or mislead the Trust (because they don't talk with them)

They've told us and will have to show in the company accounts financial mismanagement from the previous owners.
They've told us a lot of signings were bad/ are still bad for the club

We know where we stand with a hedge fund- they're in it for profit

So, all in all
I trust this lot a fuk of a lot more than Shagger, Dimwit, Beaky, Van Clog, katzen etc etc.
That doesn't say a lot mind!

There's been a lot of gossip about potential dodgy dealings (with no evidence or even sense supporting it usually) but the former directors and their associates had plenty of that going on via printing contracts, production companies, a Scottish "scout" who was employed by a club whose players we signed etc.

It's been about money since the day the club had some, and millions have always leaked out.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:40 - Feb 10 with 1262 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:21 - Feb 10 by _

Wow. I am truly shocked.

That is a great post.

Yet unfortunately conveniently ignores the effort to push out Fer and Dan James to competitors, which is at odds with said statement. They’re now saying they didn’t want or had no intention of selling James. If that was truly the case the poor kid would not have been there undergoing a medical. Utter f*cking tripe, again.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:42 - Feb 10 with 1256 viewsjasper_T

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:40 - Feb 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Yet unfortunately conveniently ignores the effort to push out Fer and Dan James to competitors, which is at odds with said statement. They’re now saying they didn’t want or had no intention of selling James. If that was truly the case the poor kid would not have been there undergoing a medical. Utter f*cking tripe, again.

"Push out"? We were offered significant sums for these players, one of whom is on big wages and nearing the end of his contract.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:46 - Feb 10 with 1248 views_

No they didn't say that so the only facking utter tripe on display here are your LIES.

You have more a burning desire to be proved right than you do SCFC sorting itself out. And you have the cheek to call someone else narcissistic.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:50 - Feb 10 with 1240 views_

'''''Finally, it would be remiss of me if I did not mention the activity surrounding Daniel James leading up to the transfer deadline as, for some, it seemed to belie our stated objectives.

The club did not want to see Daniel go and would only have reluctantly completed the deal - which was influenced by a number of contributing factors - if it was on terms that made sense for us and allowed us to accelerate the restructuring needed to put the club back on a sound financial footing for the future.

Ultimately, the structure of the deal was not in our interests.

We are thrilled that Daniel is still with us and are confident he will continue right where he left off. I am equally sure that the Jack Army will show him their vocal support.''''''

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:51 - Feb 10 with 1233 viewsStopBeingSilly

No they didn’t. Stop being a troll, if you want to debate then stop with this disingenuous rubbish you churn out constantly because of that chip on your shoulder. Just some friendly advice as you are on a slippery slope as a poster, and you weren’t very high up that slope to start with in fairness.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:53 - Feb 10 with 1231 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:42 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

"Push out"? We were offered significant sums for these players, one of whom is on big wages and nearing the end of his contract.

They said that Montero , Carroll and Bony were players that if they departed wouldn’t have a significant affect on the team. Players like Fer and James departure would have significantly weakened the playing squad. Can’t you recognize their words and actions had a certain disparity about them?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:55 - Feb 10 with 1223 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 10:50 - Feb 10 by _

'''''Finally, it would be remiss of me if I did not mention the activity surrounding Daniel James leading up to the transfer deadline as, for some, it seemed to belie our stated objectives.

The club did not want to see Daniel go and would only have reluctantly completed the deal - which was influenced by a number of contributing factors - if it was on terms that made sense for us and allowed us to accelerate the restructuring needed to put the club back on a sound financial footing for the future.

Ultimately, the structure of the deal was not in our interests.

We are thrilled that Daniel is still with us and are confident he will continue right where he left off. I am equally sure that the Jack Army will show him their vocal support.''''''

So thrilled they allowed him to go to Leeds to have a medical. Reluctantly mind. Oh dear

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024