Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out 23:03 - Feb 9 with 6547 viewsSTID2017

https://www.change.org/p/american-owners-out
We should all sign this, as well as sharing it and encouraging family, friends and neighbours to do the same

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:09 - Feb 9 with 2917 views_

How are you going to get them out Einstein?

You got a spare 50m or you are you stupid enough to think they're going to walk away from that sum?

A petition in the world of football?? WTF next...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:11 - Feb 9 with 2909 viewsswan_si

American owners out??
How is that going to work exactly?
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:15 - Feb 9 with 2884 viewsDarran

Liverpool got rid of Hicks and Gillett and just look at them now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:17 - Feb 9 with 2874 viewsSwanseaman

Swansea have had enough worlwide exposure now, and with the JtoaK film. there would be interest.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:19 - Feb 9 with 2862 viewsshenleymun

Yeah the guys who bought Liverpool must be kicking themselves they didn’t wait till SWANSEA became available
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:21 - Feb 9 with 2858 viewsSTID2017

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:09 - Feb 9 by _

How are you going to get them out Einstein?

You got a spare 50m or you are you stupid enough to think they're going to walk away from that sum?

A petition in the world of football?? WTF next...

Odd you should say that ...
As you don't know who I am or anything about me, what gives you the right to make assumptions.
Apart from which, I didn't start the petition, i just signed it and shared it on here.
I don't think they are going to walk away (at least not until they have sucked us dry like the leeches they are), however when a group of individuals get together with enough nous and cash to take over, they'll be off before you can say "T2C "
Hopefully you'll disappear into the sunset with them.
I have never been rude or abusive to you yet you continue to be rude and abusive to me.
I find that sad and can only pity you for not being able to comment on my posts in a more constructive fashion.
ATB Chris

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:22 - Feb 9 with 2845 viewsDarran

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:21 - Feb 9 by STID2017

Odd you should say that ...
As you don't know who I am or anything about me, what gives you the right to make assumptions.
Apart from which, I didn't start the petition, i just signed it and shared it on here.
I don't think they are going to walk away (at least not until they have sucked us dry like the leeches they are), however when a group of individuals get together with enough nous and cash to take over, they'll be off before you can say "T2C "
Hopefully you'll disappear into the sunset with them.
I have never been rude or abusive to you yet you continue to be rude and abusive to me.
I find that sad and can only pity you for not being able to comment on my posts in a more constructive fashion.
ATB Chris

Great post G. At a time when fans should be united he’s done everything for months to divide them. Utter scum.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:22 - Feb 9 with 2850 viewsjasper_T

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:17 - Feb 9 by Swanseaman

Swansea have had enough worlwide exposure now, and with the JtoaK film. there would be interest.

Jack to a King was what brought these owners in.

Don't see the point myself. They're no worse than the last lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:28 - Feb 9 with 2811 viewsSTID2017

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:22 - Feb 9 by Darran

Great post G. At a time when fans should be united he’s done everything for months to divide them. Utter scum.

Cheers Darran
Whatever his views (and as much as I disagree with them) he is entitled to them.
It is a football forum after all.
However, the manner in which he attacks those whose views don't match his is as I stated sad

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:31 - Feb 9 with 2797 viewsSwanseaman

If they hadn't been such lying and scheming and shown complete disrespect to a supporters trust that had managed to save the club, I may think better of them.

But they haven't got a clue, they make the same mistakes over and over, they have proven that they will sell any player no matter how much it may negatively affect the team.

Surely there must be some football minded prospective owners out there, that would be much better for us than they have been, and who could have some level of respect for the trust.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:31 - Feb 9 with 2792 viewsDarran

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:28 - Feb 9 by STID2017

Cheers Darran
Whatever his views (and as much as I disagree with them) he is entitled to them.
It is a football forum after all.
However, the manner in which he attacks those whose views don't match his is as I stated sad

Absolutely.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:35 - Feb 9 with 2789 viewsPozuelosSideys

So out of interest, what should the next set of owners be about should you manage to remove the Yanks?

From what i can see, they appear to be getting the books balanced without chucking their own money in or creating a debt to service for SCFC.

Are we saying you want owners to come in who will stump up their own cash, only for them to potentially call it in at any point, or at best loan it to the club with interest on top?

IMO expecting somebody to come in and chuck money at us with no strings attached is optimistic. Sometimes its better the devil you know.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:40 - Feb 9 with 2767 views_

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:31 - Feb 9 by Swanseaman

If they hadn't been such lying and scheming and shown complete disrespect to a supporters trust that had managed to save the club, I may think better of them.

But they haven't got a clue, they make the same mistakes over and over, they have proven that they will sell any player no matter how much it may negatively affect the team.

Surely there must be some football minded prospective owners out there, that would be much better for us than they have been, and who could have some level of respect for the trust.

Honest answer? How long have you been a member of the Trust?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:40 - Feb 9 with 2765 viewsBadlands

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:35 - Feb 9 by PozuelosSideys

So out of interest, what should the next set of owners be about should you manage to remove the Yanks?

From what i can see, they appear to be getting the books balanced without chucking their own money in or creating a debt to service for SCFC.

Are we saying you want owners to come in who will stump up their own cash, only for them to potentially call it in at any point, or at best loan it to the club with interest on top?

IMO expecting somebody to come in and chuck money at us with no strings attached is optimistic. Sometimes its better the devil you know.

Sounds like Brexit.
Easy to rouse a rabble and destroy things but no idea of what takes over.
I didn't notice the old board giving £££££££ out of their pockets.
At least these are getting finances under control.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:42 - Feb 9 with 2760 views_

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:35 - Feb 9 by PozuelosSideys

Well the first thing that would happen when anyone knew came in and pumped their own money in is it.would wipe out the Trust.

But excellent points.

A whole lot of noise with no real ideas. A lot like Brexit.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:45 - Feb 9 with 2745 viewsDarran

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:42 - Feb 9 by _

Well the first thing that would happen when anyone knew came in and pumped their own money in is it.would wipe out the Trust.

But excellent points.

A whole lot of noise with no real ideas. A lot like Brexit.

new.

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:51 - Feb 9 with 2734 viewsPozuelosSideys

How many times did we as a fanbase in the PL and Championship and below all sit here and smugly laugh and point at other teams around us as theyd struggle and overspend on duds bought by their rich sugar daddies pumping millions in to their clubs and fail completely. Whilst we built a mini footballing empire out of freebies and minimal spend?

Answer: every fcking week.

The solution IS NOT throwing an infinite amount of cash at a football club. We as a fanbase should know its about identifying the right talent at the right price, having the best people in charge of footballing matters and then coming up with a plan which makes us different - round pegs in round holes.

If any club should know this, it should be us.

The sellouts are now gone or on their way out. Until the Yanks stitch us up and start making bad decisions.. then im not personally interested in hounding them out. I know many wont like that but meh
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 23:52]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:56 - Feb 9 with 2714 viewsjasper_T

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:51 - Feb 9 by PozuelosSideys

How many times did we as a fanbase in the PL and Championship and below all sit here and smugly laugh and point at other teams around us as theyd struggle and overspend on duds bought by their rich sugar daddies pumping millions in to their clubs and fail completely. Whilst we built a mini footballing empire out of freebies and minimal spend?

The solution IS NOT throwing an infinite amount of cash at a football club. We as a fanbase should know its about identifying the right talent at the right price, having the best people in charge of footballing matters and then coming up with a plan which makes us different - round pegs in round holes.

The sellouts are now gone or on their way out. Until the Yanks stitch us up and start making bad decisions.. then im not personally interested in hounding them out. I know many wont like that but meh

By tomorrow morning the same people who were screaming about it being criminal that Huw was still employed here on half a million plus a year after his performances as chairman will be clamouring for his return to oust the evil Yank asset-strippers.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:02 - Feb 10 with 2696 viewsSTID2017

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:51 - Feb 9 by PozuelosSideys

Surely though the Yanks were in charge when we sold Gylfi and Llorente too late, sanctioned the decisions to re-sign Andre Ayew, Bony, sign the likes of Clucas at inflated prices, then have a fire sale and sell the likes of Fernandez for far less than they were worth ?
In an ideal world we would have carried on being frugal, getting free signing or low cost signings and selling at a profit.
When we stopped doing that, it was the beginning of the end for the previous owners as the debt threatened to become unmanageable.
They compounded this by not using due diligence before selling to new owners ?
What the future brings, and who will buy us - who knows ?
I only hope and pray, as every Swans fan does, that they are better than the current lot

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:03 - Feb 10 with 2692 viewsPozuelosSideys

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 23:56 - Feb 9 by jasper_T

By tomorrow morning the same people who were screaming about it being criminal that Huw was still employed here on half a million plus a year after his performances as chairman will be clamouring for his return to oust the evil Yank asset-strippers.

90% of Huws tenure as Chairman was excellent. 10/10 from me.. lets not forget that.

Unfortunately, Huw did what Huw does and run the business in to the ground. He has form for it, but i can forgive it.. Sometimes a job is too big for somebody, or you get complacent, or the environment changes.

His biggest fck ups were how they framed the takeover - "ie these Yank have cash" and the whole Next Level thing. But mainly the way they appear to have not done their due dilligence, hugely the stitch up of the Trust and also that he has hung around. If hed quit and disappeared straight away, things would have calmed down by now imo

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:04 - Feb 10 with 2688 viewsswan_si

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:02 - Feb 10 by STID2017

Surely though the Yanks were in charge when we sold Gylfi and Llorente too late, sanctioned the decisions to re-sign Andre Ayew, Bony, sign the likes of Clucas at inflated prices, then have a fire sale and sell the likes of Fernandez for far less than they were worth ?
In an ideal world we would have carried on being frugal, getting free signing or low cost signings and selling at a profit.
When we stopped doing that, it was the beginning of the end for the previous owners as the debt threatened to become unmanageable.
I only hope and pray, as every Swans fan does, that they are better than the current lot

I thought we blamed Jenkins for that, my bad.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:07 - Feb 10 with 2676 viewsPozuelosSideys

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:02 - Feb 10 by STID2017

Mate, the Yanks know fck all about football. The club is just a line on an American Portfolio. Jenkins was likely kept on for this reason.

Football is football. Bad decisions are made all the time and a club like ours cant afford too many bad windows like we have had. The model for us was always "buy cheap, develop and sell high". If we didnt then costs would outstrip income. This is why we binned off these players as we simply couldnt afford them and the TV deals meant players in the PL demanded higher wages. We diverted from our model and paid the price.

What is the profile of any perspective new owners you would like to see take over the club?

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:07 - Feb 10 with 2674 viewsSTID2017

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:04 - Feb 10 by swan_si

I thought we blamed Jenkins for that, my bad.

I guess we did, but surely Jenkins was answerable to the Americans ?
Ultimately they are all culpable, but none of know for sure how much say Jenkins had or whether he was just a (very well paid) nodding dog

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:12 - Feb 10 with 2662 viewsjasper_T

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:03 - Feb 10 by PozuelosSideys

90% of Huws tenure as Chairman was excellent. 10/10 from me.. lets not forget that.

Unfortunately, Huw did what Huw does and run the business in to the ground. He has form for it, but i can forgive it.. Sometimes a job is too big for somebody, or you get complacent, or the environment changes.

His biggest fck ups were how they framed the takeover - "ie these Yank have cash" and the whole Next Level thing. But mainly the way they appear to have not done their due dilligence, hugely the stitch up of the Trust and also that he has hung around. If hed quit and disappeared straight away, things would have calmed down by now imo

He's had 3-5 years of poor performance by my reckoning. June 2015 is the latest you could argue things were good, but the groundwork for disaster was laid back around Christmas 2013.

Excellent for 90% of 17 years he was not.
Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:18 - Feb 10 with 2658 viewsSTID2017

Petition To Get The Current Owners Out on 00:07 - Feb 10 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, the Yanks know fck all about football. The club is just a line on an American Portfolio. Jenkins was likely kept on for this reason.

Football is football. Bad decisions are made all the time and a club like ours cant afford too many bad windows like we have had. The model for us was always "buy cheap, develop and sell high". If we didnt then costs would outstrip income. This is why we binned off these players as we simply couldnt afford them and the TV deals meant players in the PL demanded higher wages. We diverted from our model and paid the price.

What is the profile of any perspective new owners you would like to see take over the club?

in an ideal world I'd like to see a super rich football fan (or consortium of fans)take us over who would go back to running us frugally, even if this meant us playing at this level and building the club gradually.
In truth, unless a local consortium takes over which has the future of the club at heart, then I fear we may crash and burn under the current owners.
I don;t think any outside "investors" will touch us with a barge pole (unless the Yanks can take as much as they feel they can and walk away from the club0
This will leave us in a situation like we found ourselves post Petty - hopefully still in the Football League then.
If it happens, it happens.
Worse things happen in life.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024