Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CCV 11:31 - Feb 10 with 2830 views34dfgdf54

Very good defender.

I do worry about his height, especially away from home when we come under barrage, but a good defender at this level who loves working under Potter.

Can do far worse if Vdh ends up getting sold.
CCV on 11:47 - Feb 10 with 2354 viewsCooperman

From my far away eleveated position in the NE corner and due to my deteriorating lamps I couldn’t help but see shades of Ashley Williams yesterday.

I agree with what you say about his ability at this level.
Not sure what his contract and wage situation is though. I’m sure I heard figure of £20k per week mentioned before he signed on loan; this would be over our budget long term.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

CCV on 11:54 - Feb 10 with 2330 viewsDewi1jack

CCV on 11:47 - Feb 10 by Cooperman

From my far away eleveated position in the NE corner and due to my deteriorating lamps I couldn’t help but see shades of Ashley Williams yesterday.

Not sure what his contract and wage situation is though. I’m sure I heard figure of £20k per week mentioned before he signed on loan; this would be over our budget long term.

Has VdH signed a new deal?
If not he walks for a signing on fee from the club he chooses not sold by us

Edit.
Could CCV become our new Ash?
Seems to have leadership qualities and is improving game by game.
Just as Ash did when he first came here
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 11:55]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

CCV on 11:57 - Feb 10 with 2315 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 11:54 - Feb 10 by Dewi1jack

Edit.

He and Potter have both said the club has an option of another year so vdH won't be a free agent at the end of the season.
CCV on 12:01 - Feb 10 with 2307 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A contract of £10,000 per week at this level is Madness. That is £500,000 a year. Given our annual seasons ticket sales are £10,000,000 we can afford 16 players on those wage to keep our wage bill at 80% of or income.

Players need to realistic at this level. Our average wage needs to be about £300,000 per player per year. That is still £6,000 per week.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

CCV on 12:03 - Feb 10 with 2302 viewsLuther27

He's a solid defender...not flash...plays safe, doesn't look for the glory cross field passes as that's not his forte. The only issue is he lacks a few inches in height which is a help in this division when it comes to being a centre back. I think he's to slow to fit in as a defensive midfielder or fullback. I quite like him...
CCV on 12:05 - Feb 10 with 2293 views34dfgdf54

CCV on 11:54 - Feb 10 by Dewi1jack

Edit.

What Jasper said ^^

But he will probably want a pay rise of some sort to extend his stay even longer, most likely scenario I can see is us selling in the summer while we can get some return on him and you could see the logic in that.

I rate CCV, he’s been unlucky with Rodon’s form and would have played week in week out at most clubs in the league. Still young, hard to see him ever mounting a push to play for Spurs, wages depending he could be a perfect fit.
CCV on 12:05 - Feb 10 with 2290 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 12:01 - Feb 10 by felixstowe_jack

A contract of £10,000 per week at this level is Madness. That is £500,000 a year. Given our annual seasons ticket sales are £10,000,000 we can afford 16 players on those wage to keep our wage bill at 80% of or income.

Players need to realistic at this level. Our average wage needs to be about £300,000 per player per year. That is still £6,000 per week.

Unfortunately most clubs at this level are paying significantly more than that, so in order to get and keep players of reasonable quality we will need to do the same.

Most clubs are running an operational deficit needing to be balanced by player sales/debt/owner spending. But it's also why you see so many clubs bringing through youngsters every season. Small squads propped up by low-earning youngsters taking their opportunities.
CCV on 12:21 - Feb 10 with 2264 viewsPacemaker

He may appear shorter than your average centre half but put side by side there is not a lot of difference in height between him and VDH.

He can also put some distance on the ball when he heads it clear, whereas VDH has the tendency to head it up rather than away.

Bit of a middle weight boxer look about him as well. I like his calmness on the ball, I would be happy to see him and Joe as a partnership.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

CCV on 12:32 - Feb 10 with 2234 viewsCooperman

CCV on 11:57 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

He and Potter have both said the club has an option of another year so vdH won't be a free agent at the end of the season.

Really? I didn’t know this. That’s quite positive news.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

CCV on 12:56 - Feb 10 with 2193 viewsnantywatcher

CCV on 12:21 - Feb 10 by Pacemaker

He may appear shorter than your average centre half but put side by side there is not a lot of difference in height between him and VDH.

He can also put some distance on the ball when he heads it clear, whereas VDH has the tendency to head it up rather than away.

Bit of a middle weight boxer look about him as well. I like his calmness on the ball, I would be happy to see him and Joe as a partnership.

He has a terrific leap on him, outjumped taller players than him all match long yesterday. I've got more confidence in him than VDH, and he will improve.
CCV on 14:55 - Feb 10 with 2094 viewsinspector

I like him, as others have said: got a bit of Ashley Williams about him.

Would like to see him show a bit more arrogance.
CCV on 15:54 - Feb 10 with 1988 viewsjasper_T

Still think we miss Joe's willingness to bring the ball out past the first few opposition players. Teams shut down the midfield passing options and we're stuck passing back and forth across the defence. The extra option/threat made a difference.
CCV on 16:06 - Feb 10 with 1956 viewsJinxy

I agree with the calmness comment - he also looks assured and seems to have confident decision making. Makes things look easy - not unlike Caulker when he was with us, or as someone said Ash too. VDH never looks confident on the ball in my view (he's better than he was though under Potter), but a good defender, yes.
CCV on 16:10 - Feb 10 with 1932 viewskarnataka

MvdH 6'3" CCV 6'1"
CCV on 16:14 - Feb 10 with 1920 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 16:10 - Feb 10 by karnataka

MvdH 6'3" CCV 6'1"

He's as much 6'1 as Ash was 6'0 imo.

In shoes, perhaps.
CCV on 16:23 - Feb 10 with 1905 viewskarnataka

CCV on 16:14 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

He's as much 6'1 as Ash was 6'0 imo.

In shoes, perhaps.

Perhaps even more remarkable, CCV is 15kg heavier than Ash, that's nearly 2 1/2 stone.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 16:44]
CCV on 16:34 - Feb 10 with 1890 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 16:23 - Feb 10 by karnataka

Perhaps even more remarkable, CCV is 15kg heavier than Ash, that's nearly 2 1/2 stone.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 16:44]

Well muscle is heavier than fat.
CCV on 16:42 - Feb 10 with 1870 viewsScotia

CCV on 16:34 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Spot on. You can see CCV is muscular, looks like a proper athlete. I'll bet he's amongst the fittest at the club.
CCV on 18:57 - Feb 10 with 1751 viewskarnataka

CCV on 16:34 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Indeed it is, but that's still a massive difference between 2 players who are both central defenders and of a very similar height.
CCV on 18:59 - Feb 10 with 1743 viewsjasper_T

CCV on 18:57 - Feb 10 by karnataka

Indeed it is, but that's still a massive difference between 2 players who are both central defenders and of a very similar height.

I'd take any weights you see listed online with a pinch of salt to be honest.
CCV on 19:40 - Feb 10 with 1692 viewsElmo

Has been in our top5 performers consistently.

Highly assured, calm, collected. An intelligent, canny operator who invariably gets there first, out-thinks and out-muscles all-comers.

A discerning fans' favourite.
CCV on 19:48 - Feb 10 with 1671 viewsvalleyboy

CCV on 12:05 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Unfortunately most clubs at this level are paying significantly more than that, so in order to get and keep players of reasonable quality we will need to do the same.

Most clubs are running an operational deficit needing to be balanced by player sales/debt/owner spending. But it's also why you see so many clubs bringing through youngsters every season. Small squads propped up by low-earning youngsters taking their opportunities.

Thank God someone in Swansea has a bit of sense

VdH has been probably our best player this season and as you say could play with a team pushing from promotion or even in a team in the Premier League

If Swansea don’t take up the option on his existing contract and because of his wages and the problems in Swansea, he could for free

When I say take up the option on his contract

It doesn’t mean taking it up for a lesser salary
CCV on 19:51 - Feb 10 with 1666 viewsDarran

CCV on 19:48 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

Thank God someone in Swansea has a bit of sense

VdH has been probably our best player this season and as you say could play with a team pushing from promotion or even in a team in the Premier League

If Swansea don’t take up the option on his existing contract and because of his wages and the problems in Swansea, he could for free

When I say take up the option on his contract

It doesn’t mean taking it up for a lesser salary

Our?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

CCV on 19:56 - Feb 10 with 1655 viewsbuilthjack

I like him. He has been coached to make himself available every time we have the ball. He never just ball watches. Keeps possession, strong on the ground and decent in the air.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

CCV on 04:35 - Feb 11 with 1480 viewsstAteSwan

CCV on 11:47 - Feb 10 by Cooperman

CCV has had it made very plain to him that if he wants to be in consideration for the US squad in the upcoming World Cup Cycle, he needs to be playing regular minutes in Europe, somewhere.

Considering he's not breaking into Spurs first team next year, I would not be surprised at all to see us try to sign him in the Summer, even if it means another loan deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024