Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks 11:58 - Feb 10 with 9164 viewsSwanseaman

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 18:21 - Feb 10 with 1743 viewsWingstandwood

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 17:39 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

I don’t know who you are but I’m sure the ones that know me will tell you that for many a year I couldnt stand Jenkins

A pompous, jumped up nobody, who was lucky to have had the likes of previous managers to advise him, with him then taking all the credit

A DoF that’s never played the game professionally

How’s that for starters as a jumped up nobody

I compare the Jenkins phenomena, overhype and Jenkins own grandiose ego with that of a certain few Forex traders I've been following online for a few years now. A case of they start off with a great run of profits/winning trades solely down to luck and coincidental happenings that were completely unplanned and out of their control.

These traders then fall victim to their own delusion, denial, confirmation-bias and misplaced overconfidence and end up believing that they're absolute geniuses and God's that can do no wrong. When they are wrong?... It then becomes someone or something else's fault.

Time is THE supreme judge because over an additional period of years everything unravels and shortcomings are well and truly exposed. And if Jenkins was so good either in football or business? He would have been headhunted years back! I predict no stampede for his services!

Argus!

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 1711 viewsUxbridge

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 16:41 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

I can understand how you and others feel like, in listening to the truth.

As you and all the others have had your heads so far up your backside for so long, that you haven’t notice what has been happening to Swansea City

Can’t wait for Uxbridge to respond, but I suppose like others on that Swans London forum that I still communicate with. They are probably to embarresd these days to respond as what I was telling them 6-7 years ago has actually happened

The one thing though, I didn’t think the previous board of directors would have left the Swans in such a mess

Must have been a bit slow on that one, as looking at previous end of year balance statements, it was obvious on hind sight that increased wages being paid to players and of course bad signings was unsustainable

Hi Haydn. Happy to respond.

I don't think you ever really got the hang of this Internet lark. Or realised when somebody is on a wind up. Which, I guess, is quite ironic.

I recall our emails. I recall you calling the Swans "The Ducks". I remember you not rating Michu. I remember you waxing lyrical about Solskjaer and how the mighty Reds will surpass those Ducks on the way to PL glory. I remember your gloating when Caulker signed. I remember you talking about how you were enjoying the hospitality down there. I remember a lot more besides, but here isn't the place for all that.

No, I wouldn't want Tan here. He made your lot the laughing stock of football for a time. He seems to have learned his lesson on that front, but there's still precious little fan engagement down there from what I've seen. Certainly not comparable to any level here, even now.

Fun to recollect though. Some you get right, some you get wrong. I certainly underestimated the selling shareholders' potential for duplicity, although our correspondence predated my Trust days. I called the fall of the Bassey though and I fancy history will repeat on that score.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:23 - Feb 10 with 1604 viewsvetchonian

Could anyone of those that voted yes...please explain their rationale and why given Huw's past choice of buyers this alleged next lot will be any different?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:31 - Feb 10 with 1580 viewsjacabertawe

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:23 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Could anyone of those that voted yes...please explain their rationale and why given Huw's past choice of buyers this alleged next lot will be any different?

How many user names can one person have and thus votes?
Just a hypotheses.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:34 - Feb 10 with 1571 viewsvalleyboy

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 18:29 - Feb 10 by Uxbridge

Hi Haydn. Happy to respond.

I don't think you ever really got the hang of this Internet lark. Or realised when somebody is on a wind up. Which, I guess, is quite ironic.

I recall our emails. I recall you calling the Swans "The Ducks". I remember you not rating Michu. I remember you waxing lyrical about Solskjaer and how the mighty Reds will surpass those Ducks on the way to PL glory. I remember your gloating when Caulker signed. I remember you talking about how you were enjoying the hospitality down there. I remember a lot more besides, but here isn't the place for all that.

No, I wouldn't want Tan here. He made your lot the laughing stock of football for a time. He seems to have learned his lesson on that front, but there's still precious little fan engagement down there from what I've seen. Certainly not comparable to any level here, even now.

Fun to recollect though. Some you get right, some you get wrong. I certainly underestimated the selling shareholders' potential for duplicity, although our correspondence predated my Trust days. I called the fall of the Bassey though and I fancy history will repeat on that score.

I see that you have brushed out the postings in where you used to say how good Jenkins was as a chairman

Show me an email or a posting in where I never rated Michu

Yes I used to say if he was possibly a one season wonder

Caulker is another posting I would like to see as again Caulker and Williams was one of the best pairing Swansea had for a long while

So if it is not someone like Vincent Tan to bail out the Swans, I hope you don’t think the Trust will do it

So much that you say that Trust position against the old brigade is very winnable

Not what I’m hearing from some someone that’s in the legal profession

Long way to go to stand a chance is what he is saying

Only 4 more games out of the twelve (1 point a game- same roughly in what they have done over the season so far) Cardiff need to stay up I would say

As far as history goes

There’s more chance the Swans will repeat such a feat as they have done in the last 30 odd years

Now that will be a feat never to be repeated in football again
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:37 - Feb 10 with 1545 viewsvalleyboy

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:34 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

I see that you have brushed out the postings in where you used to say how good Jenkins was as a chairman

Caulker is another posting I would like to see as again Caulker and Williams was one of the best pairing Swansea had for a long while

So if it is not someone like Vincent Tan to bail out the Swans, I hope you don’t think the Trust will do it

So much that you say that Trust position against the old brigade is very winnable

Only 4 more games out of the twelve (1 point a game- same roughly in what they have done over the season so far) Cardiff need to stay up I would say

As far as history goes

There’s more chance the Swans will repeat such a feat as they have done in the last 30 odd years

I should have said “To repeat a feat like they have done twice before in the last 30 odd years
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:46 - Feb 10 with 1512 views_

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:37 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

I should have said “To repeat a feat like they have done twice before in the last 30 odd years

You shouldn't say a single word more for you know not what you're talking about.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:46 - Feb 10 with 1514 viewswaynekerr55

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:23 - Feb 10 by vetchonian

Three quarters in favour of bringing a person who has left us in this mess.

Good fans...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:47 - Feb 10 with 1504 viewsDarran

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:34 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

As far as history goes

Why would he brush out the postings in where he ‘used’ to say how good Jenkins was as a Chairman?

Jenkins ‘used’ to be good as a Chairman and I’m sure Uxbridge would agree to that today.

Oh and you’re getting fuçking boring now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:48 - Feb 10 with 1503 viewsSwanseaman

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:37 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

"Only 4 more games out of the twelve (1 point a game- same roughly in what they have done over the season so far) Cardiff need to stay up I would say

There’s more chance the Swans will repeat such a feat as they have done twice in the last 30 odd years "

Watch out you don't jinx yourself valleyboy.

Your only 1 point off relegation zone.

You do have some winnable games coming up, so will see where you are after the Brighton game:
22 Feb Watford (H)
26 Feb Everton (H)
02 Mar Wolves (A)
09 Mar West Ham (H)
16 Mar Brighton (A)

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:54 - Feb 10 with 1477 viewsTNT

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 15:48 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

I can remember the times when you were that dull telling me how good Jenkins was as a chairman of Swansea City AFC and that they were truly Swans fans and would never sell the club

Remember how you used to laugh about Cardiff and Vincent Tan

I bet you now, the vast marjority of Swansea fans wished they had Vincent Tan as their sole owner

A man that’s put over a £100million into Cardiff and do you know what, hasn’t taken a penny interest from that club that you lot, the London fan base, was saying that’s what he will do

Yes one day Vincent Tan will sell the club, but not many Cardiff fans will have the type of grudge that Swansea fans have against the likes of the Trust for their total incompetence and of course the likes of Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen (you know, the ones you used to keep telling me, they wouldn’t sell the club) who have sold all Swansea fans right down the river

Be careful what you prophesy, you old fool.

The other week you were telling us you've watched The Swans forty games a season for the last forty years. So when the fk did you get time to watch your beloved cardiff?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:01 - Feb 10 with 1443 viewsleighton1318

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 17:08 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

As I said in a previous post,in that you have had your head so far up your backside that you can’t see what is happening outside of your rectumn

Just check the last couple of “year end financial statements” for both clubs and you will see that Cardiff will not be in financial trouble if they came down

When over 80% of the Swans income goes in wages and then lose £60million income this season and with previous “year end statements” not that good as well. You can see why Swansea are in a mess financially

A financial statement is say to read if you can do simple maths

Assets + Liabilities = Profit or Loss

If your Liabilities are greater than your Assets, then of course you then have a loss

The end of year statement should be out in a couple of weeks time, but that was how the financial situation was in June/July of last year. But of course a lot has happened since then as I presume you know

@valleyboy

Don’t try teaching accounting or finance any time soon
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:02 - Feb 10 with 1437 viewsvalleyboy

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:47 - Feb 10 by Darran

Why would he brush out the postings in where he ‘used’ to say how good Jenkins was as a Chairman?

Jenkins ‘used’ to be good as a Chairman and I’m sure Uxbridge would agree to that today.

I know you are not the brightest of persons but read what Windstandwood wrote above

I think that about sums up Jenkins to a tee

I can’t help if you did not see through Jenkins but as I said, Not the brightest that you didn’t have a clue what was happening around you

Myself and the likes of Uxbridge and many more of the London Seals go back go back a fair time. Listen to them what they now think about Jenkins
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:03 - Feb 10 with 1432 viewsplasjack

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:54 - Feb 10 by TNT

The other week you were telling us you've watched The Swans forty games a season for the last forty years. So when the fk did you get time to watch your beloved cardiff?

Valleyboy is neither a Swan or a Bluebird, just a WUM.
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:07 - Feb 10 with 1413 viewsWingstandwood

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:46 - Feb 10 by waynekerr55

Three quarters in favour of bringing a person who has left us in this mess.

Good fans...

All because the incredibly untrustworthy Jenkins goes on a damage limitation exercise, PR offensive and subterfuge campaign that only the most gullible would fall for. An individual trying to redeem himself and reclaim relevance of bygone times by means of complete and utter bullsh1t.

For believability, reality, plausibility and likelihood? I'd file Jenkins latest load of bullsh1t in the same box as Laudrup's agent-Bayram Tutumlu mischief making come Twitter b0llocks about contacting Jenkins with a plan to get SCFC back in the Premier League.

Some of our supporters seriously believed that Laudrup was about to return and thus would through naivety-confirmation bias be prize candidates to fall for that Jenkins sheikhs cr@p.

Argus!

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:09 - Feb 10 with 1407 viewsUxbridge

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:47 - Feb 10 by Darran

Pretty sure I've said recently he did an excellent job for a long time. Made some bad calls over the last few years (in different ways), and the club lost direction as a result. Wenger effect maybe.

None of that is really up for debate, is it? Bit strange to compare the Jenkins of 2013 with the one of 2019 too. Lot of water under the bridge.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:15 - Feb 10 with 1378 viewsvetchonian

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 19:54 - Feb 10 by TNT

I can remember him shouting anti Cardiff abuse on the North Bank....now they are the bees knees it is no wonder young T2C is like he is

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 20:36 - Feb 10 with 1312 viewsOldjack

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 15:48 - Feb 10 by valleyboy

I can remember the times when you were that dull telling me how good Jenkins was as a chairman of Swansea City AFC and that they were truly Swans fans and would never sell the club

Remember how you used to laugh about Cardiff and Vincent Tan

I bet you now, the vast marjority of Swansea fans wished they had Vincent Tan as their sole owner

A man that’s put over a £100million into Cardiff and do you know what, hasn’t taken a penny interest from that club that you lot, the London fan base, was saying that’s what he will do

Yes one day Vincent Tan will sell the club, but not many Cardiff fans will have the type of grudge that Swansea fans have against the likes of the Trust for their total incompetence and of course the likes of Jenkins, Morgan, Dineen (you know, the ones you used to keep telling me, they wouldn’t sell the club) who have sold all Swansea fans right down the river

I believe he's loaned you over £100 MILL

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 21:48 - Feb 10 with 1219 viewsPrivate_Partz

I didn't vote but I read it as Jenkins sourcing a Consortium using due diligence and arranged a sale with the Yanks to a buyer that genuinely wanted to invest.
Something he should have done first instead of his haste to get his hands on the filthy luker.
Against that background I guess I would suffer him in some capacity provided it was not a post that could cause any real damage.
Maybe those that voted yes were of a similar mindset?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 22:13 - Feb 10 with 1151 viewsmajorraglan

The question is what exactly does invest mean? To my mind it means you put something in with a view to getting your investment and a bit more back, so whoever buys the club will no doubt either look to take money out of the club or make it by selling it at a profit.
There’s only so many people with the resources and inclination to buy a club, lots of dodgy ownrs out there. I would hope the next sale, and there will be one is to decent owners who will run the club on a sustainable basis.
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 08:35 - Feb 11 with 1002 viewsItchySphincter

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 11:59 - Feb 10 by _

Fair play. This just sums up how sad and lost a lot of our fans are.

I can't help but agree. WTF is going on?

Looks like we're demonstrating to get new owners who will plough money in, take nothing out and take us back to the Premier League. This is Fantasy Island stuff, these people don't exist.

I thought our fans wanted us to be sustainable? Or do they only want us to be sustainable on the condition that we are a Premier League club?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 08:49 - Feb 11 with 986 viewsWinner_

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 08:35 - Feb 11 by ItchySphincter

I can't help but agree. WTF is going on?

Looks like we're demonstrating to get new owners who will plough money in, take nothing out and take us back to the Premier League. This is Fantasy Island stuff, these people don't exist.

I thought our fans wanted us to be sustainable? Or do they only want us to be sustainable on the condition that we are a Premier League club?

It’s embarrassing Itchy. They just want to moan, Jenkins has gone so they have no idea what to direct their need to be unhappy at, it turns out they have sort of settled on the Americans deciding to not saddle us with unserviceable debt as bizarre as it seems. These people just have a need to release their aggression, as I have said many times, it is now a never ending battle with one thing constantly replacing the other... just don’t ask them about it because any light questioning where they actually have to justify their actions causes their heads to explode like Austin Powers fembots.

It reminds me a lot of the Darran and Pwrch stuff. Darran has an inner need to abuse people, many thought Perch being banned would stop his unpleasantness, I said the focus would just switch from Perch to someone else. People just have a depressive need to moan, which is why this place is a morgue when we win and filled with ridiculous threads when we lose.

This current one though is hilarious as literally none of them know what they are complaining about, Jenkins resignation/sacking came at too short notice for them to have a proper think about their next moan so just decided to march under a broad topic of “the Americans innit” without knowing exactly what.
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 09:14 - Feb 11 with 966 viewsswan65split

From Yasser afafat too Jenkins yourat$$t
Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 09:33 - Feb 11 with 934 viewsPrivate_Partz

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 22:13 - Feb 10 by majorraglan

The question is what exactly does invest mean? To my mind it means you put something in with a view to getting your investment and a bit more back, so whoever buys the club will no doubt either look to take money out of the club or make it by selling it at a profit.
There’s only so many people with the resources and inclination to buy a club, lots of dodgy ownrs out there. I would hope the next sale, and there will be one is to decent owners who will run the club on a sustainable basis.

Certainly true with hedgefunders.

What I am talking about is people so wealthy that running a football club is small change. They would hardly notice the money going as they enjoy their new plaything. The Leicester owners seem a good example.

They are around but whether they would come here, and Jenkins could source them, is another matter.
One thing in our favour is we are bargain basement with a top flight set up off field and with a very good young manager.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks on 09:34 - Feb 11 with 930 viewscostalotta

Oh stop whinging and moaning, same old regurgitated sh!te.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024