Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? 23:50 - Feb 10 with 2210 viewsLohengrin

What’s playing in your car at the minute, mate? I’ve been binge playing Junior Parker and Irma Thomas this last few weeks.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 04:05 - Feb 11 with 2179 viewsLoyaI

Sam Cooke

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk. Poll: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/Loyal/polls/2138/who-should-be-swansea-number-1
Poll: Favourite Lube?

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 07:41 - Feb 11 with 2132 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 04:05 - Feb 11 by LoyaI

Sam Cooke

They don’t make them much better than that.

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:02 - Feb 11 with 2095 viewslifelong

Glen Campbell, Tony Bennett and Billy Fury.
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:38 - Feb 11 with 2077 viewsPegojack

You old timers (
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:45 - Feb 11 with 2070 viewsPegojack

You old timers ( ) won't like this, but after seeing one of those re-runs of an old TOTP the other day from the mid 80s, I bought a copy of Curiousity Killed the Cat's debut album Keep Your Distance.
I always liked the single Down to Earth, but the whole album is bluddy brilliant, particularly the bonus extended versions of the four or five singles. The production values and sheer musicality of the album is exceptional. I'm a blues and rock fan at heart, but well capable of appreciating this blue-eyed soul classic. Do yourself a favour and fork out 2 or 3 quid on Ebay. You'll be bopping round your living room or playing it full blast in your car like a teenager.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 9:46]
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:48 - Feb 11 with 2061 viewsdickythorpe

Curiosity Killed the cat, it's a labour of love listening to them.
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:05 - Feb 11 with 2042 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:02 - Feb 11 by lifelong

‘The Sound of Fury’ was one of the few LPs my old man bought that was knocking around the house when I was a nipper. I loved that album, I must have just about worn the grooves out on it.

I bought a copy of it on CD a few years back and still love it now.

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:13 - Feb 11 with 2040 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:45 - Feb 11 by Pegojack

You old timers ( ) won't like this, but after seeing one of those re-runs of an old TOTP the other day from the mid 80s, I bought a copy of Curiousity Killed the Cat's debut album Keep Your Distance.
I always liked the single Down to Earth, but the whole album is bluddy brilliant, particularly the bonus extended versions of the four or five singles. The production values and sheer musicality of the album is exceptional. I'm a blues and rock fan at heart, but well capable of appreciating this blue-eyed soul classic. Do yourself a favour and fork out 2 or 3 quid on Ebay. You'll be bopping round your living room or playing it full blast in your car like a teenager.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 9:46]

My nose is starting to twitch, I smell a mid-life crisis in the offing...

Login to get fewer ads

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:16 - Feb 11 with 2037 viewsWarwickHunt

Miles Davis (Jack Johnson), Merle Travis, Wes Montgomery, Little Feat live, the first Taj Mahal album, Dan Penn,
Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin', Speedy West & Jimmy Bryant, JJ Cale comp, Cream - BBC Sessions, Italian language course!

A bit of everything...
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:25 - Feb 11 with 2026 viewsDarran

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:16 - Feb 11 by WarwickHunt

Miles Davis (Jack Johnson), Merle Travis, Wes Montgomery, Little Feat live, the first Taj Mahal album, Dan Penn,
Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin', Speedy West & Jimmy Bryant, JJ Cale comp, Cream - BBC Sessions, Italian language course!

A bit of everything...

Rick Nielsen has a 1963 Guild Merle Travis signature guitar.
Apparently there was only three ever made. Rick owns one,Pete Townshend owns one and nobody knows where the other one is.
It’s been called the Holy Grail of guitars.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:28 - Feb 11 with 2022 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:16 - Feb 11 by WarwickHunt

A bit of everything...

Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant!

We didn’t get seperated at birth, did we?

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:31 - Feb 11 with 2016 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:25 - Feb 11 by Darran

Apparently there was only three ever made. Rick owns one,Pete Townshend owns one and nobody knows where the other one is.

And neither of them can play anywhere near the level Merle was at. Not in the same league.

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:42 - Feb 11 with 2007 viewsWarwickHunt

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:28 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant!

We didn’t get seperated at birth, did we?

My old man did have a bike...
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:44 - Feb 11 with 2006 viewsWarwickHunt

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:25 - Feb 11 by Darran

Shame they're wasted on those two.
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:46 - Feb 11 with 2002 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:42 - Feb 11 by WarwickHunt

My old man did have a bike...

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 12:50 - Feb 11 with 1984 viewsWxmJax

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 09:02 - Feb 11 by lifelong

I bought Glen Campbell's greatest hits and was amazed that all the hits are approximately 3 minutes long, give or take 5 seconds either way. Rhinestone, Galveston, Wichita etc. Went to see Jimmy Webb a few years back. Excellent.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 1874 viewsPegojack

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 11:13 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

My nose is starting to twitch, I smell a mid-life crisis in the offing...

No mate, its the retirement effect. Too much time and money on my hands. I tend to comb through things like the Rolling Stone top 500 abums of all time and buy things i used to have on vinyl or never had. Can pick CDs up for a quid or two from Ebay these days.
Last week I bought said Curiosity KTC, Roxy Music first album, James Taylor greatest hits and Steve Miller Band greatest hits. Bought the complete Santana canon the week before.
Rock on, Tommy!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 22:46]
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 08:33 - Feb 12 with 1771 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 22:26 - Feb 11 by Pegojack

No mate, its the retirement effect. Too much time and money on my hands. I tend to comb through things like the Rolling Stone top 500 abums of all time and buy things i used to have on vinyl or never had. Can pick CDs up for a quid or two from Ebay these days.
Last week I bought said Curiosity KTC, Roxy Music first album, James Taylor greatest hits and Steve Miller Band greatest hits. Bought the complete Santana canon the week before.
Rock on, Tommy!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 22:46]

“Too much time and money on my hands...”

You’re living the Iberian dream, fella’.

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 13:37 - Feb 12 with 1724 viewsoldgrey

Chris Hillman Biding My Time
Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 14:26 - Feb 12 with 1707 viewsLoyal

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 07:41 - Feb 11 by Lohengrin

They don’t make them much better than that.

That wasn't me mate, see Phil's post on the football board.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 18:51 - Feb 12 with 1643 viewsLohengrin

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 14:26 - Feb 12 by Loyal

That wasn't me mate, see Phil's post on the football board.

Bloody Hell! This place has gone berserk!

No matter, he’s still got that effortless golden tone.

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 19:56 - Feb 12 with 1616 viewsbonymine

Fao Warwick - what have you been listening to lately? on 08:33 - Feb 12 by Lohengrin

“Too much time and money on my hands...”

You’re living the Iberian dream, fella’.

Yes indeed you & Colin living the dream mate ....I’m moving ever closer to joining you I hope both my sons have left home now one in Cardiff Uni and one moved to Bridgend & working in Cardiff 👍🤞😎🍻

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024