Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread 11:34 - Feb 11 with 37426 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 3613 viewsswan65split

Let's face it. Willing to sell on last day..with no one coming in. Even though we need a couple.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 3610 viewsmahoss

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Feb 13 by skettyparkherbert

Harry Potter has to take his share of the blame for tonight.

Grimes is by far our most influential CM, he is getting better there so why go back to LB when we have several other options there?

I think the Forrest fans were correct about Mckay too, he is bang average and such a lightweight when the going gets tough as is Celina too.

So frustrating watching tonite but so predictable really.

Teams mirror the attitude of their manager.

Potter,nice guy but........is he going to get us promoted ?,doubt it.

Bielsa,no nonsense,hungry..........Leeds going up.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 22:11]
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:14 - Feb 13 with 3546 viewsjack247

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Feb 13 by skettyparkherbert

Harry Potter has to take his share of the blame for tonight.

Grimes is by far our most influential CM, he is getting better there so why go back to LB when we have several other options there?

I think the Forrest fans were correct about Mckay too, he is bang average and such a lightweight when the going gets tough as is Celina too.

So frustrating watching tonite but so predictable really.

Possibly to get the Grimes - Celina - James combination going, particularly with no striker playing? Remember he played Grimes there ahead of Olson, he likes footballing fullbacks. Whatever it was it didn’t work. The second goal was a killer.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:29 - Feb 13 with 3416 viewsgiantstoneater

You either have courage or you don`t, Leon had it in spades Mckay and Celina don`t.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:32 - Feb 13 with 3377 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:45 - Feb 13 by skettyparkherbert

For me its nothing to do with formations its to do with desire, commitment and a positive mental attitude.

GP can't do anything about players jumping out of tackles and hiding?

Same old same old I'm afraid.

So just a coincidence then when McBurnie came on we was able to play in their half.. Course not
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:33 - Feb 13 with 3369 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:29 - Feb 13 by giantstoneater

You either have courage or you don`t, Leon had it in spades Mckay and Celina don`t.

Here here, they are Luxuries we can't afford.

Leon and them 2 in the same breath, never.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Feb 13 with 3316 viewsjacabertawe

Too many lightweights, too often bullied off or beaten to a ball. Example: McKay static, waiting for a pass and a Leeds player simply cuts it out. Poor passing accuracy, indecision, lack of general commitment. Very disappointing.
Leeds weren't particularly good, just men against boys playing as boys.
I would love to hear GP's logic for the starting lineup and positioning.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:45 - Feb 13 with 3272 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Feb 13 by jacabertawe

Too many lightweights, too often bullied off or beaten to a ball. Example: McKay static, waiting for a pass and a Leeds player simply cuts it out. Poor passing accuracy, indecision, lack of general commitment. Very disappointing.

i feel so sorry for the Jack Bastards that travelled all that way today with an expectation of a positive result and then had to put up with that whimpering performance.

The playoffs are truly miles off judging by our last 2 away performances.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:14 - Feb 13 with 3115 viewsSwans9

In Leeds now didn't play striker first half. Brought mcburnie on too late sorry away fans let down badly. Yanks out
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:40 - Feb 13 with 3023 viewsjasper_T

Shocker from Potter.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:50 - Feb 13 with 2990 viewsowainglyndwr

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:40 - Feb 13 by jasper_T

Shocker from Potter.

Not sure if it is Potter we don't have strength and depth.
A very gutless performance where some players were just 2 nd best
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:06 - Feb 14 with 2961 viewsjasper_T

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:50 - Feb 13 by owainglyndwr

Not sure if it is Potter we don't have strength and depth.
A very gutless performance where some players were just 2 nd best

He's played another ridiculous system where the players don't know how they're supposed to get up the pitch against one of the strongest sides in the division.

Play our strongest players in their strongest positions in a familiar system and give us half a chance at least. It's not the time to experiment when you're already short a couple of regulars.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:10 - Feb 14 with 2955 viewsjasper_T

I mean ffs Graham when your 2nd best midfielder is injured don't play your best one at left back.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:18 - Feb 14 with 2944 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:10 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

I mean ffs Graham when your 2nd best midfielder is injured don't play your best one at left back.

In. A. Nutshell.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:02 - Feb 14 with 2890 viewsdameedna

Major positive was how well McBurnie played.

We played well in the last 30 minutes.

Bit lame for the rest.

We wont hold on to Ollie next season.

I would say that is it for the play offs.

Lets go for the FA Cup.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:10 - Feb 14 with 2867 viewsSTID2017

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:39 - Feb 13 by jacabertawe

Totally agree with that summary.
Their goals were fairly soft, we made them look good by showing no heart or desire for a fight.
The last 15 - 20 mins when we did show them we were up for it, they were rattled and started making mistakes.
Had we shown the same commitment from the off, we may have got something out of the game.
I felt sorry for myself and the other travelling fans tonight.
Ashamed to be a Swan.
Why didn't Potter change it in the first half, when he could see his selection wasn't working ?
Have to say tremendous atmosphere created by the Leeds fans on three sides of the ground.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 1:26]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:20 - Feb 14 with 2844 viewsWanderer

Can someone enlighten me, is Narsingh on the outer all season so we do not have to pay a bonus if he plays more games ? is he now available to play after Jan window?
I just do not understand the situation with this player, as I say somebody enlighten me, I am not up to speed here.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:03 - Feb 14 with 2623 viewsdameedna

Narsingh was keen to leave on relegation. The rumour on bonuses may not be accurate. Also three high earners left in January. I dont see much in Narsingh to warrant keeping him on. Hope he proves me wrong but with Routs and Dyer still around not sure he will get much of a run.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:39 - Feb 14 with 2334 viewsunion_jack

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:02 - Feb 14 by dameedna

Major positive was how well McBurnie played.

We played well in the last 30 minutes.

Bit lame for the rest.

We wont hold on to Ollie next season.

I would say that is it for the play offs.

Lets go for the FA Cup.

I think that decision was made by the manager and/or the players before the game. They showed little interest from the off.

Let’s hope they raise it on Sunday and keep the cup run going.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:18 - Feb 14 with 2060 viewsBadlands

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:10 - Feb 13 by mahoss

Teams mirror the attitude of their manager.

Potter,nice guy but........is he going to get us promoted ?,doubt it.

Bielsa,no nonsense,hungry..........Leeds going up.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 22:11]

Potter has more promotions in his short career than Bielsa!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:00 - Feb 15 with 1862 views1964white

Thought we deserved our victory last night although even at 2-0 I was nervous as you have a decent team there who are quite capable of producing the goods. Swansea looked a better side when the big fella came on, may have been different if you had a fit McBurnie on the pitch from the start.

Good luck for the rest of the season Swans fans
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:39 - Feb 15 with 1790 viewsSTID2017

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:14 - Feb 13 by jack247

Possibly to get the Grimes - Celina - James combination going, particularly with no striker playing? Remember he played Grimes there ahead of Olson, he likes footballing fullbacks. Whatever it was it didn’t work. The second goal was a killer.

The second goal was down to a keeper who made no attempt to come for a cross which went virtually over his hred and a static defence that left the player totally unchallenged to head home.
A load of errors for that goal, just summed up the majority of the match.

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:47 - Feb 15 with 1783 viewsSTID2017

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:14 - Feb 13 by Swans9

In Leeds now didn't play striker first half. Brought mcburnie on too late sorry away fans let down badly. Yanks out

Agree with Yanks out, but Potter chose not to play with a centre forward.
The decimation of our squad is awful, but sometimes what Potter does with those at his disposal is questionable
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 10:51]

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:13 - Feb 15 with 1763 viewstheloneranger

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:39 - Feb 15 by STID2017

The second goal was down to a keeper who made no attempt to come for a cross which went virtually over his hred and a static defence that left the player totally unchallenged to head home.
A load of errors for that goal, just summed up the majority of the match.

The 2nd goal was a cross to the near post and didn't go over Mulder's head, but he was in no man's land for the goal.

I did question their first goal with Bamford standing offside, and he actually jumped in the air when the ball was struck as if trying to evade the ball. Whether he obstructed Mulder's vision I'm not sure, but no we didn't deserve anything from the game

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:16 - Feb 15 with 1674 viewsSTID2017

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:13 - Feb 15 by theloneranger

The 2nd goal was a cross to the near post and didn't go over Mulder's head, but he was in no man's land for the goal.

I did question their first goal with Bamford standing offside, and he actually jumped in the air when the ball was struck as if trying to evade the ball. Whether he obstructed Mulder's vision I'm not sure, but no we didn't deserve anything from the game

Correct sorry. I got mixed up with the first goal.
Still felt we could have defended both a lot better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024