Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread 11:34 - Feb 11 with 37365 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:53 - Feb 12 with 4565 views1964white

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:14 - Feb 12 by builthjack

I was at that one, on my dads shoulders.

I was a 15yo kid, we got very lucky that day
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:23 - Feb 12 with 4456 viewstheloneranger

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:48 - Feb 12 by 1964white

My first Leeds v Swansea match was a tricky FA Cup 3rd Round tie in 1970

Leeds United: Sprake, Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Charlton, Hunter; Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Giles, Madeley. Unused Sub: Yorath.

Swansea Town: Millington, Lawrence, Gomersall. Slee, Nurse, Thomas. L. Allchurch Screen, H. Williams, Gwyther, B. Evans. Unused Sub: Rosser

Leeds were struggling 1-0 down into the 2nd half when Allan Clarke niggled or said something to Swansea's big centre-half Mel Nurse who promptly flattened Clarke in the box & was sent off, Giles scored the penalty & with the Swans down to ten men Mick Jones sealed their fate with a winner in the last ten minutes

A lucky escape for Leeds

The Leeds dodgy penalty came after Mel Nurse was sent off, for a hand ball by Dai Lawrence.

Coming home on the train, Tony Millington said Mel Nurse was already wound up at halftime with Clarke's overuse of his studs 😇. If I remember correctly in the 2nd half, Clarke went way over the ball on Mel Nurse, and he reacted with Clarke going down as if he was shot😂

As you say Leeds were very lucky that day, but what a brilliant day out.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:24 - Feb 12 with 4303 viewsLoyal

They have never forgiven us for the 15 point deduction when we won the league by 16 points.
Borderline Cardiff in the hatred stakes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:32 - Feb 12 with 4228 viewsbonymine

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:24 - Feb 12 by Loyal

They have never forgiven us for the 15 point deduction when we won the league by 16 points.
Borderline Cardiff in the hatred stakes.

That 3-2 win against them in 2007 when they had 3,000 fans there was up there with the Forest play off game and the 3-0 Cardiff win as the best games and atmospheres at the Lib I think.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 19:33]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:39 - Feb 12 with 4217 viewsMuteswan

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:23 - Feb 12 by theloneranger

The Leeds dodgy penalty came after Mel Nurse was sent off, for a hand ball by Dai Lawrence.

Coming home on the train, Tony Millington said Mel Nurse was already wound up at halftime with Clarke's overuse of his studs 😇. If I remember correctly in the 2nd half, Clarke went way over the ball on Mel Nurse, and he reacted with Clarke going down as if he was shot😂

I was there too, never a penalty but there was no chance that we would be allowed to beat Leeds that day. Clarke kicked lumps out of Mel and he just let fly. Great day out apart from the result and the bus journey up and back. 🙄
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:03 - Feb 12 with 4174 viewsMuteswan

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:39 - Feb 12 by Muteswan

I was there too, never a penalty but there was no chance that we would be allowed to beat Leeds that day. Clarke kicked lumps out of Mel and he just let fly. Great day out apart from the result and the bus journey up and back. 🙄

Nice, fair write up here...
http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/03-01-1970%20LUFC%20v%20Swansea%20Town.htm
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:06 - Feb 12 with 4017 views34dfgdf54

Go 8th with a win I believe?

Massive game, Leeds faltering, you never know.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:30 - Feb 13 with 3612 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:23 - Feb 12 by theloneranger

Loved that team and that season.

Buggered if I can remember Rosser though.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:29 - Feb 13 with 3530 viewstheloneranger

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:30 - Feb 13 by WarwickHunt

Loved that team and that season.

Buggered if I can remember Rosser though.

Great team put together by Roy Bentley and playing great football, decimated by Harry Gregg.

Doug Rosser was a hard tackling centre half in that 1969/70 promotion team, before he went to Crewe, and eventually joining up with John Charles at Merthyr.

The last time I saw him, many moons ago, he was working in insurance.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:02 - Feb 13 with 3341 viewsswan65split

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:29 - Feb 13 by theloneranger

Great team put together by Roy Bentley and playing great football, decimated by Harry Gregg.

Doug Rosser was a hard tackling centre half in that 1969/70 promotion team, before he went to Crewe, and eventually joining up with John Charles at Merthyr.

The last time I saw him, many moons ago, he was working in insurance.

Rosser was an apprentice in BSC Boilermaker I believe, same time as DJ Davies , another c/h.

Nurse was sent off after taking a high boot in the chest from sniffer, Millington said stud marks were imprinted in Mels chest, no wonder Mel gave him one. near the half way line it took place.

Ref was a homer no doubt about it, never a Pen , I felt sorry for Dai Lawrence for a long time after that,
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:16 - Feb 13 with 3327 viewsswan65split

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:02 - Feb 13 by swan65split

Rosser was an apprentice in BSC Boilermaker I believe, same time as DJ Davies , another c/h.

Nurse was sent off after taking a high boot in the chest from sniffer, Millington said stud marks were imprinted in Mels chest, no wonder Mel gave him one. near the half way line it took place.

Ref was a homer no doubt about it, never a Pen , I felt sorry for Dai Lawrence for a long time after that,

Reference to a post a few moons ago ,,,,,we wore BLUE.......I just had a flashback
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:25 - Feb 13 with 3315 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:16 - Feb 13 by swan65split

Reference to a post a few moons ago ,,,,,we wore BLUE.......I just had a flashback

Who said the drugs don’t work?

Rosser is still a blank for me. Anyone got any microdots?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 14:26]
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:07 - Feb 13 with 3196 viewsswan65split

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:25 - Feb 13 by WarwickHunt

Who said the drugs don’t work?

Rosser is still a blank for me. Anyone got any microdots?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 14:26]

Back row right.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 3155 viewsraynor94

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:02 - Feb 13 by swan65split

Yes, Douglas Rosser served his time as a Boilermaker in the C.E.S. department in the Abbey, his dad Doug was the Boilermaker shop steward.

Worked with him many times as an apprentice, he got made redundant and yes went into insurance

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:13 - Feb 13 with 2969 viewsandrew

3-0 Leeds

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:25 - Feb 13 with 2927 viewsGreatBritton

2-0
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:42 - Feb 13 with 2882 viewsBadlands

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:25 - Feb 13 by GreatBritton

2-0

Well done to anyone travelling up.
A draw would be an outstanding result at the moment Imo.
I really hope we don't get hysterical if we lose.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:44 - Feb 13 with 2877 viewstaffpunk

I don't like them and I don't like you. Draw game please.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:47 - Feb 13 with 2849 viewsjasper_T

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:47 - Feb 13 with 2847 views34dfgdf54

No centre forward?
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:50 - Feb 13 with 2814 viewsGlyn1

How many of the starting team are aged 24 or under?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:51 - Feb 13 with 2800 views34dfgdf54

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:50 - Feb 13 by Glyn1

How many of the starting team are aged 24 or under?

Sure I read somewhere we were the second youngest in the football league last weekend.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:56 - Feb 13 with 2742 viewsRevJames

BBC Radio Wales excelling themselves again with the game not being available in the South East.

"Your team for Welsh sport". Clearly not 😡
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:02 - Feb 13 with 2666 viewsdameedna

My guess
Celina as striker
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:04 - Feb 13 with 2635 viewsjasper_T

Leeds fans laying into Grimes on Twitter.

Big game for our Matt. Crack on, lad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024