Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread 11:34 - Feb 11 with 37269 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:28 - Feb 13 with 3797 viewsElmo

Grimes and Ollie making the difference.

Asoro - fair play, so close.

Fine margins based on personnel and tactics - well done Potter for changing it
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:29 - Feb 13 with 3780 views34dfgdf54

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:25 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

No point being optimistic mate.

I have no clue why some on this thread (claim) to follow the Swans.

Agreed mate.

We’ve looked decent last 20 just not dropping for us.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:29 - Feb 13 with 3766 viewskarnataka

It's almost like:

"Who are we playing next?"
"Millwall"
"Oh, we should be able to beat them, let's have a go at them - who've we got after that?"
"Leeds"
"Oh we probably can't beat them, let's not waste too much effort"
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:30 - Feb 13 with 3730 viewstheloneranger

FFS ... Is Grimes the only fvcker allowed to take a free kick??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3624 viewsBillyChong

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:24 - Feb 13 by dickythorpe

Celina is no threat against a stronger physical side. He's gone missing for me.

Naughton FFS!!!

When he’s up against it Celina goes missing/gives up. He’s like a fancy park footballer who has a strop when he’s getting kicked about the field. Different player against weaker sides, hasn’t quite got the fight in him. The Siggy comparisons are way off in that respect.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3613 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:30 - Feb 13 by theloneranger

FFS ... Is Grimes the only fvcker allowed to take a free kick??

He's light years better than that cúnt Carroll we had masquerading as a swans player.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3605 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:18 - Feb 13 by skettyparkherbert

Celina is he our next Siggy, he's playing like the next Twiggy tonight, he is shit scared of any tackle.

He's about average with the ball and non existent without it.

Who scouted Joel Assoro, was it Stevie Wonder or David Blunket, I'm sorry but he's shite too.

Celina is a classy player on his day....... which is not today clearly, he is having a mare against a physical side who give him no space or time on the ball.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3590 views34dfgdf54

get in
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3584 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:28 - Feb 13 by Elmo

Grimes and Ollie making the difference.

Asoro - fair play, so close.

Fine margins based on personnel and tactics - well done Potter for changing it

Not so well done for playing Grimes at full back again.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 3572 viewsElmo

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:21 - Feb 13 by 34dfgdf54

We’ll nick one now.

There's always the chance with the way we responded.

Best ignore the usual dour matchday threadists
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:35 - Feb 13 with 3375 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 by Elmo

There's always the chance with the way we responded.

Best ignore the usual dour matchday threadists

Absolute robbery if we get anything from this!

Cmon YJB!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 21:36]
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:35 - Feb 13 with 3356 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Ref should have booked Leeds goalkeeper for time wasting for that Penalty, he was refusing to back off.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:36 - Feb 13 with 3337 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:29 - Feb 13 by karnataka

It's almost like:

"Who are we playing next?"
"Millwall"
"Oh, we should be able to beat them, let's have a go at them - who've we got after that?"
"Leeds"
"Oh we probably can't beat them, let's not waste too much effort"

Bang on, but 2-1 sounds as if we have had a right go at them but reality bites.

Celina just turned his back on yet another challenge.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 3254 viewsElmo

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:35 - Feb 13 by Jonathans_coat

Absolute robbery if we get anything from this!

Cmon YJB!
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 21:36]

Yes, exciting finale. Cmon the swans
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:38 - Feb 13 with 3226 viewsAl_Bundy

The formation GP should have started would have won this or got a least a draw. Leeds look well shaky at the back
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:38 - Feb 13 with 3167 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What was going on with that goal kick?
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:42 - Feb 13 with 2975 views34dfgdf54

F*cking hell I thought we was going to nick that then.

**a point obvs, not win.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 21:44]
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:45 - Feb 13 with 2820 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:38 - Feb 13 by Al_Bundy

The formation GP should have started would have won this or got a least a draw. Leeds look well shaky at the back

For me its nothing to do with formations its to do with desire, commitment and a positive mental attitude.

GP can't do anything about players jumping out of tackles and hiding?

Same old same old I'm afraid.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:46 - Feb 13 with 2762 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:46 - Feb 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That's all right then. Do you consider Brentford to be a hard game as well? If so we'll write that one off too.

We're not playing Manchester City here. The tactics are yet again appalling and certain individuals are again playing so poorly it is unforgivable.

This is becoming the norm.

I agree. Still gutted at how far we’ve fallen. The norm it is... unfortunately.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 13 with 2699 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 by Jonathans_coat

Celina is a classy player on his day....... which is not today clearly, he is having a mare against a physical side who give him no space or time on the ball.

He was poor against Millwall too. Seems to have quite a few off days. But then does something amazing. Really frustrating player.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 13 with 2682 viewsJonathans_coat

Ah well.

No arguements with the result. We were pretty desperate for most of that.

What exactly were Potters instructions for McKay? “Just jog about”?

We were waaaaay better with McBurnie up front, and Grimes down the middle. Why didn’t we start with CBR if McBurnie wasn’t fully fit? Why not start John or Naughton or Roberts at LB?

I think I know what Potter was trying to do, but the personnel and structure were obviously wrong in the first half. Why wait until 55-60 mins to change it? Bizarre!
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 2561 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 13 by Jonathans_coat

Ah well.

We were waaaaay better with McBurnie up front, and Grimes down the middle. Why didn’t we start with CBR if McBurnie wasn’t fully fit? Why not start John or Naughton or Roberts at LB?

I think I know what Potter was trying to do, but the personnel and structure were obviously wrong in the first half. Why wait until 55-60 mins to change it? Bizarre!

I thought we’d stopped giving teams the first half giftwrapped.

I was wrong. Potter isn’t the quickest learner, is he?
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Feb 13 with 2515 viewsswan65split

The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Feb 13 by Jonathans_coat

Ah well.

I think the plan was to contain first half, and have a go in the second. but their a big strong side, bullied us again, I also think players were a bit "not upto it" early on.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:56 - Feb 13 with 2485 viewsskettyparkherbert

Ah well.

Harry Potter has to take his share of the blame for tonight.

Grimes is by far our most influential CM, he is getting better there so why go back to LB when we have several other options there?

I think the Forrest fans were correct about Mckay too, he is bang average and such a lightweight when the going gets tough as is Celina too.

So frustrating watching tonite but so predictable really.
The Official Leeds United Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:04 - Feb 13 with 2348 views34dfgdf54

Ah well.

Mcburnie ill
CBR struggling from Saturday. Likewise with John.

Agreed with the Grimea thing, when he first did it, I could understand his thinking and it seemed to work for a short time, then we were woefully short in midfield. There’s no excuse now, it should have been scrapped ages ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024