Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March 18:24 - Feb 11 with 3111 viewsGlyn1

We've a tough run of fixtures coming up at a point where we might be distracted by the Cup - five of our next seven are Away matches, and five of the seven are against teams who are higher up the league. The last of them against Forest (30 March) is a week before the FA Cup semi-finals.

With all that in mind how many points do you expect us to get? My own prediction is 10 by winning both home games and picking up points in a couple of away games.

Leeds - Away - 0 points
Sheff Wed - Away - 3 points
Bolton - Home - 3 points
Norwich - Away - 1 point
West Brom - Away - 0 points
Derby - Home - 3 points
Notts Forest - Away - 0 points
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 18:25]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 2601 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are we really preparing excuses for matches more than 6 weeks away already?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:34 - Feb 11 with 2597 viewsChief

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:31 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Are we really preparing excuses for matches more than 6 weeks away already?

What excuses has he given?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:36 - Feb 11 with 2579 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:34 - Feb 11 by Chief

What excuses has he given?

1. Distracted by the cup.
2. Five of the seven are away.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:37 - Feb 11 with 2580 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:37 - Feb 11 with 2580 viewsjasper_T

These are the games that matter in the hunt for the playoffs.

Still everything to play for, and much to feel optimistic about.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March (n/t) on 18:40 - Feb 11 with 2567 viewsChief

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:36 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 18:40]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:47 - Feb 11 with 2530 viewsThornburyswan

5/6 points at most for me, which will put to bed the 'only 6 Pts off the play-offs' chatter - we'll do well to finish top half.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:02 - Feb 11 with 2500 viewsGlyn1

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:36 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

In general, teams gain more points when playing at home than they do when playing away.

And yes, the FA Cup may become a distraction if we get that far although that's a point to be aware of when making your prediction rather than an excuse, and is something for Potter to work on.

If you think that we'll get more points than I do, then I salute your optimism!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 22:07]

Login to get fewer ads

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:07 - Feb 11 with 2484 viewslonglostjack

I think we might as well play the top teams as the bottom teams. Doesn’t make much difference. Ipswich and Rotherham spring to mind.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:15 - Feb 11 with 2452 viewsjasper_T

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:47 - Feb 11 by Thornburyswan

5/6 points at most for me, which will put to bed the 'only 6 Pts off the play-offs' chatter - we'll do well to finish top half.

With fans like these who needs enemies.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 2439 viewsJBT95

Derby at home probably will be postponed seeing as we both in the FA Cup. I would laugh if we end up playing them at home in the next round (seeing as we've drawn Brentford home, as it should've been in the league, in this round).
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 19:27]
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:37 - Feb 11 with 2390 viewsThornburyswan

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:15 - Feb 11 by jasper_T

All about opinions Jasper, unless I missed something that's how forums work, & as always the results will show how good we are.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:50 - Feb 11 with 2356 viewsjasper_T

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:37 - Feb 11 by Thornburyswan

All about opinions Jasper, unless I missed something that's how forums work, & as always the results will show how good we are.

Opinions aren't immune to criticism. We read and respond.

That's how forums work.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 21:36 - Feb 11 with 2216 viewspencoedjack

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:15 - Feb 11 by jasper_T

He’s being realistic
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 2162 viewsFireboy2

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:02 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

In general, teams gain more points when playing at home than they do when playing away.

And yes, the FA Cup may become a distraction if we get that far although that's a point to be aware of when making your prediction rather than an excuse, and is something for Potter to work on.

If you think that we'll get more points than I do, then I salute your optimism!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 22:07]

He isnt being optimistic Glyn

Hes doing what he likes to do

Be a WUM

Or try to be
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 12:20 - Feb 12 with 1912 viewsThornburyswan

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:50 - Feb 11 by jasper_T

Opinions aren't immune to criticism. We read and respond.

That's how forums work.

Very true & I fully support your view that my suggestion of 5/6 points & mid-table positioning is one that you disagree with - in fact not only do I support it I hope you are right - however less keen on that somehow my opinion means I'm now an enemy of the club, that's some reach.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:19 - Mar 6 with 1627 viewsGlyn1

Regarding Derby, you have got to wonder how much the row with Bielsa damaged them. Since then (and including the Leeds result), Derby have played 9 matches and won only 3 of them, which included losing at home to Millwall and only drawing with Ipswich.
Bielsa's televised masterclass explaining Derby's strengths and weaknesses seems to have been duly noted by the other managers.

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:30 - Mar 6 with 1602 viewsjasper_T

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:19 - Mar 6 by Glyn1

Regarding Derby, you have got to wonder how much the row with Bielsa damaged them. Since then (and including the Leeds result), Derby have played 9 matches and won only 3 of them, which included losing at home to Millwall and only drawing with Ipswich.
Bielsa's televised masterclass explaining Derby's strengths and weaknesses seems to have been duly noted by the other managers.

They have a patchwork squad reliant on young players for quality, and a rookie manager. They've done well to get where they are/were. Sustaining it over the whole season would have been a very impressive feat.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:30 - Mar 6 with 1602 viewsPegojack

FA Cup semi finals!!!!!

I like your positive thinking, son.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 20:43 - Mar 6 with 1506 viewsGlyn1

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 19:30 - Mar 6 by Pegojack

FA Cup semi finals!!!!!

I like your positive thinking, son.

That was posted before we got Man City.

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 09:40 - Mar 7 with 1373 viewsLeonWasGod

I haven't really been paying attention to the fixture list. April is nuts, we've got 5 home games in the month followed by another one on 1st May. Might as well sleep down the Liberty. Should pick up a few places in the league over that period with a bit of luck.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 22:29 - Mar 7 with 1234 viewsPegojack

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 20:43 - Mar 6 by Glyn1

That was posted before we got Man City.

Aaah, right.
Oh well, who knows? Just every now and then, a miracle occurs in sport. Maybe it's our turn.
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 10:26 - Mar 8 with 1123 viewsLeonWasGod

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 22:29 - Mar 7 by Pegojack

Aaah, right.
Oh well, who knows? Just every now and then, a miracle occurs in sport. Maybe it's our turn.

Someone will pop up any minute to say that of course a real team like Man Utd would be able to beat Man C and that we're rubbish if we can't.

Oh, hang on. They lost to them 3-1 this season. Ignore that
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 13:45 - Mar 8 with 1067 viewsvalleyboy

So far in your prediction. The results have been 1 point a game which is roughly the average of the season so far

So if you work on averages, 7 will be about right in theory

But looking at the next four games, I can’t see where any more points are going to come from

Especially watching how poor the Swans played last week against 10 men and then down to 9

Even when Bolton played with the full team, Swansea were not that convincing they were going to win and that was them playing at home and the next 3 games out of the four are away games
Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 11:55 - Mar 9 with 973 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Tough run of fixtures in Feb and March on 18:37 - Feb 11 by jasper_T

These are the games that matter in the hunt for the playoffs.

Still everything to play for, and much to feel optimistic about.

We’re not getting near the play offs don’t do it to yourself!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024