Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement 08:47 - Feb 13 with 11421 viewsWitneyjack

........and I'm loving it already. It will be nice to be able speak my mind on social media and say it is it is!
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:13 - Feb 13 with 5275 viewsswan65split

Congratulations , enjoy your retirement, but also have something to keep you occupied and that you enjoy. unlike me,

Trouble is I found something and they wont let me go!
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:33 - Feb 13 with 5252 viewspikeypaul

Congratulations, it’s been 4 years since I decided to finish.

Luckily enough it was at a relatively early age (50) and I am fit and healthy enough to keep a very active life.

Like the above post states very important to keep physically and socially active.Regular holidays and weekends away are a great way of re charging the batteries.

Good luck.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 9:35]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:37 - Feb 13 with 5238 viewsdickythorpe

Reward yourself every day. Enjoy.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:56 - Feb 13 with 5210 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Congratulations, well done!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:32 - Feb 13 with 5169 viewsnantywatcher

THIRTY!!! Bl##dy hell !!!!!!#
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:50 - Feb 13 with 5148 viewsLeonWasGod

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:32 - Feb 13 by nantywatcher

Innit. Some of us work longer in a week

Seriously though, nice one. Enjoy it while you can I say.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:52 - Feb 13 with 5146 viewsWitneyjack

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:32 - Feb 13 by nantywatcher

I'm 51 not 30. As for keeping busy, you better believe it. Looking to move to West Wales and of course a season ticket to go with it !
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:53 - Feb 13 with 5144 viewsPURe_Evil

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:52 - Feb 13 by Witneyjack

I'm 51 not 30. As for keeping busy, you better believe it. Looking to move to West Wales and of course a season ticket to go with it !

retiring at 51 , alright for some, enjoy our taxes!
Login to get fewer ads

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:02 - Feb 13 with 5125 viewsowainglyndwr

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:53 - Feb 13 by PURe_Evil

retiring at 51 , alright for some, enjoy our taxes!

It would not be our taxes, I would think invested Wisley with a pension or other means.
Enjoy and the best of health.

5 years and 5 months for me, well part time or self employed then.which would enable my wife to also finish early also
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:07 - Feb 13 with 5116 viewsraynor94

I was 58 when I retired after 42 years of graft, 4 years in thoroughly enjoying the fruits of my labour.

Enjoy yourself Witney you deserve it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:08 - Feb 13 with 5103 viewsDarran

How wonderful to hear have a fab time Dunc.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:08 - Feb 13 with 5108 viewsPURe_Evil

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:02 - Feb 13 by owainglyndwr

It would not be our taxes, I would think invested Wisley with a pension or other means.

5 years and 5 months for me, well part time or self employed then.which would enable my wife to also finish early also

He is Police.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:12 - Feb 13 with 5104 viewsProfessor

Good for all of you who have retired early 50s. I am 51 next month and wish it was me. Since we got screwed over on pensions it looks like mid-60s for me, though if the right offer came along I would love to go sooner. Committed with new PhD students for another five years.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:28 - Feb 13 with 5077 viewsCooperman

If all goes to plan I have another 708 Monday mornings to contend with.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:35 - Feb 13 with 5063 viewsvalleyboy

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:52 - Feb 13 by Witneyjack

You didn’t like work did you???

You could only do that in the public sector and I bet with a gold plated pension to go with your retirement as well
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:55 - Feb 13 with 5030 viewsProfessor

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:35 - Feb 13 by valleyboy

You didn’t like work did you???

You could only do that in the public sector and I bet with a gold plated pension to go with your retirement as well

There are few such pensions these days. I contribute well over 500 quid a month for an average salary scheme. I expect to get around 70K lump sum and perhaps 25k a year. The equivalent 10 years ago would have been 120K lump sum and 38K per year. Pensions are not free-people have contributed many 000s and paid tax and NI. I don't begrudge anyone's pension
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:00 - Feb 13 with 5016 viewsjack_lord

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:02 - Feb 13 by owainglyndwr

He was a police officer and they have, to be fair fantastic pensions. The pension, at 50 is still more than a lot of people earn. Would I have been a copper, never for the amount of abuse they take.
You are a couple of years older than me. I think I have to work till I'm 68 though I am working on an early retirement if brexit doesnt finish of my investments.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:02 - Feb 13 with 5010 viewsmonmouth

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:12 - Feb 13 by Professor

Good for all of you who have retired early 50s. I am 51 next month and wish it was me. Since we got screwed over on pensions it looks like mid-60s for me, though if the right offer came along I would love to go sooner. Committed with new PhD students for another five years.

I took up a universtity lecturing role for fun when I was bored after retiring at 50 from banking (boooo.....what a bastard....etc). I've loved it for most of the ten years I've done it, because I refuse to take part in any meetings or HR garbage, but I must say universities have become depressing places to be around. Not about education any more, just money. The fat cats and politicos have moved in now and the whole thing will be rotting in another ten years except for Oxbridge and a couple of others. I never fail to marvel at UK 'executives' capability to f*ck up anything good while enriching themselves.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:06 - Feb 13 with 4997 viewsmonmouth

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:55 - Feb 13 by Professor

There are few such pensions these days. I contribute well over 500 quid a month for an average salary scheme. I expect to get around 70K lump sum and perhaps 25k a year. The equivalent 10 years ago would have been 120K lump sum and 38K per year. Pensions are not free-people have contributed many 000s and paid tax and NI. I don't begrudge anyone's pension

NSS? I'd be fizzing mad,if I'd had a career at university by that little bastard.

Sorry back on topic - enjoy WJ. I had to go back and do something else in the end to get me out of bed and away from homes under that hammer.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 12:09]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:15 - Feb 13 with 4975 viewsCooperman

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:06 - Feb 13 by monmouth

NSS? I'd be fizzing mad,if I'd had a career at university by that little bastard.

Sorry back on topic - enjoy WJ. I had to go back and do something else in the end to get me out of bed and away from homes under that hammer.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 12:09]

I think I would find 50 a little too premature to hang up the laptop bag one last time. 55 on the other hand would probably give me a different perspective and my calculation of 700 odd Monday morning starts takes me above the age of 55.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:16 - Feb 13 with 4975 viewsProfessor

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:02 - Feb 13 by monmouth

I took up a universtity lecturing role for fun when I was bored after retiring at 50 from banking (boooo.....what a bastard....etc). I've loved it for most of the ten years I've done it, because I refuse to take part in any meetings or HR garbage, but I must say universities have become depressing places to be around. Not about education any more, just money. The fat cats and politicos have moved in now and the whole thing will be rotting in another ten years except for Oxbridge and a couple of others. I never fail to marvel at UK 'executives' capability to f*ck up anything good while enriching themselves.

Nail, Hammer, Head.

Absolutely. Just commenting with a colleague on twitter over the number of staff for teaching and support could be taken on instead of crazy salaries. It gets worse and worse. Teaching standards are declining as everything has to be documented, recorded, approved etc. Less time for research due to admin burden. More pressure to increase research income and outputs with one hand tied behind your back. I am a reasonably competent teaching and pretty good at my research area and considered to be an internationally recognised expert. I am dreadful at admin. Yet we have more admin people. Its crazy and I want to get out
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:20 - Feb 13 with 4968 viewsGreatBritton

Homes Under The Hammer is the only down side of retirement, in my opinion. I don't get going till after eleven o' clock so I have to watch something, but that means I can't cancel my Sky Sports subscription.

Small problem though really, compared to the horrors of working. I had what must have seemed to other people a very cushy job but wherever you work there's idiots and shysters. Perhaps especially in a university though. The tradesmen I meet these days seem on the whole a much nicer class of person than a number of the academics I consorted with.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 13:05 - Feb 13 with 4892 viewsLeonWasGod

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:02 - Feb 13 by monmouth

Yep. All bums on seats now thanks to the changes in the funding model.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 13:16 - Feb 13 with 4875 viewsFerryjack

Come on now Chris where was the hard graft lol
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 15:43 - Feb 13 with 4765 viewslifelong

Well done mate, enjoy every moment, you deserve every penny of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024