Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement 08:47 - Feb 13 with 10992 viewsWitneyjack

........and I'm loving it already. It will be nice to be able speak my mind on social media and say it is it is!
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 15:49 - Feb 13 with 2062 viewsLoyal

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:00 - Feb 13 by jack_lord

He was a police officer and they have, to be fair fantastic pensions. The pension, at 50 is still more than a lot of people earn. Would I have been a copper, never for the amount of abuse they take.
You are a couple of years older than me. I think I have to work till I'm 68 though I am working on an early retirement if brexit doesnt finish of my investments.

Retirement age is 55 I thought, question I ask myself now would you want to be rolling round on the floor with a fcking drugged up idiot in the middle of the night at that age ? And some have to stay longer I'm told until 60 as the new pensions are 35 years.

And they pay nearly 15% of their pay in to their own pension pot. I know this because I choose to ask.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:00 - Feb 13 with 2055 viewsFlashberryjack

Have a long and happy retirement Witney.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:03 - Feb 13 with 2047 viewsJackfath

Do police have to finish work after 30 years?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:33 - Feb 13 with 2033 viewsmagicdaps10

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:03 - Feb 13 by Jackfath

My sister/brother in law are both gardai and signed 30yr contracts and their pension kicks in once they retire, sp will both be appx 55.

Gardai in recent years are given 5yr contracts instead of 30.

My mortgage finishes when I am 57 and I am aiming at that, touch wood. My property is the key to my aim and we intend to sell around 57 and downsize and call our pensions.

I know you can never totally plan as anything can crop up but I feel it is important to have some sort of future plan.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:45 - Feb 13 with 2018 viewsJackfath

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:33 - Feb 13 by magicdaps10

My sister/brother in law are both gardai and signed 30yr contracts and their pension kicks in once they retire, sp will both be appx 55.

My mortgage finishes when I am 57 and I am aiming at that, touch wood. My property is the key to my aim and we intend to sell around 57 and downsize and call our pensions.

I know you can never totally plan as anything can crop up but I feel it is important to have some sort of future plan.

Do other emergency services finish after 30 years?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:01 - Feb 13 with 2005 viewsmagicdaps10

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:45 - Feb 13 by Jackfath

Do other emergency services finish after 30 years?

Not sure fath.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:16 - Feb 13 with 1992 viewslifelong

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:03 - Feb 13 by Jackfath

No.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:32 - Feb 13 with 1984 viewsPacemaker

It used to be 30 years or 55 years of age which ever came first in the police unless you were senior officer when you could stay until 60.

However age discrimination law now means you can work for as long as you want. From a pension point of view it is hardly worth working after 30 years as you add little to your pension pot.

The majority of people find retiring completely under 60 leaves too much time on your hands so continue to do work of some kind to add to their pension income.

It is not unusual as well due to the type of job emergency workers do they are quite likely to be divorced and that means losing 50% of any pension straight off.

Good health and an ability to live a healthy lifestyle will always be worth more than a lump sum and a monthly pension.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:52 - Feb 13 with 1956 viewsLoyal

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:32 - Feb 13 by Pacemaker

It used to be 30 years or 55 years of age which ever came first in the police unless you were senior officer when you could stay until 60.

However age discrimination law now means you can work for as long as you want. From a pension point of view it is hardly worth working after 30 years as you add little to your pension pot.

The majority of people find retiring completely under 60 leaves too much time on your hands so continue to do work of some kind to add to their pension income.

It is not unusual as well due to the type of job emergency workers do they are quite likely to be divorced and that means losing 50% of any pension straight off.

Good health and an ability to live a healthy lifestyle will always be worth more than a lump sum and a monthly pension.

Not forgetting it isn't 30 years anymore and since approx ten years ago it's 35 years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:54 - Feb 13 with 1951 viewsvalleyboy

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:33 - Feb 13 by magicdaps10

Be careful what you think for

Money is not a priority as you try to make out to be

A colleague of my wife retired from the local council a couple of years ago

Nice lump sum and pension that only those that have worked in the council, police and the emergency service can dream of

In the last couple of months he’s been diagosed with motor neurone disease and I would say it’s only couple of more months to live

Don’t think money is important for him any more

Money is not the be and end all in life
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 1939 viewsWitneyjack

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 11:08 - Feb 13 by PURe_Evil

He is Police.

Was. I paid taxes too, oh and 14.75% of my salary went towards my pension monthly. Thanks though.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:30 - Feb 13 with 1914 viewsDarran

Got any old white speed cop hats with the checkerboard band around them for my next Cheap Trick gig?
The Dream Police.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:31 - Feb 13 with 1913 viewsbuilthjack

Too young. People are living longer now, so minimum of 60 me thinks.
It would drive me potty not working to be honest. So will carry on til 65 or so unless health reasons stop that.
Each to their own

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:55 - Feb 13 with 1904 viewstaffpunk

Good luck to the OP. I'm 56, just taken my NHS Pension. It's not a brilliant one, but does give me a day and a half's wages a week for the rest of my life. So basically, open the shop all day Friday and Sat morning, then the Leaflet job 2 maybe 3 days a week. Quite content.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:57 - Feb 13 with 1904 viewsraynor94

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:31 - Feb 13 by builthjack

Too young. People are living longer now, so minimum of 60 me thinks.
It would drive me potty not working to be honest. So will carry on til 65 or so unless health reasons stop that.
Each to their own

You must love your job Builth, there's a big old world out there to enjoy, and it's great to be fit enough to be able to travel, you never know what's around the corner.

I can remember quite a few working with me worked all their life, and never got the chance to enjoy their retirement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 19:45 - Feb 13 with 1874 viewsjack_lord

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 15:49 - Feb 13 by Loyal

Retirement age is 55 I thought, question I ask myself now would you want to be rolling round on the floor with a fcking drugged up idiot in the middle of the night at that age ? And some have to stay longer I'm told until 60 as the new pensions are 35 years.

And they pay nearly 15% of their pay in to their own pension pot. I know this because I choose to ask.

I know and I agree about the rolling and abuse.

Comparison on pensions is quite contrasting though. Based on my current predictions, my 32 year contributions (at approximately 10%) will see me with less than £6000 and no payout. I have other investments, thank goodness, though health is obviously far more important.

There are changes to the pensions for new starters in the Police but that is a different story.

Good luck Witney.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 19:51 - Feb 13 with 1872 viewsjackportis

Pensioners are the best off members of society.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 20:03 - Feb 13 with 1853 viewsmagicdaps10

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 17:54 - Feb 13 by valleyboy

Be careful what you think for

Money is not a priority as you try to make out to be

A colleague of my wife retired from the local council a couple of years ago

Nice lump sum and pension that only those that have worked in the council, police and the emergency service can dream of

In the last couple of months he’s been diagosed with motor neurone disease and I would say it’s only couple of more months to live

Don’t think money is important for him any more

Money is not the be and end all in life

Totally agree and I did type touch wood as I know how circumstances can change.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 20:43 - Feb 13 with 1831 viewsbuilthjack

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:57 - Feb 13 by raynor94

You must love your job Builth, there's a big old world out there to enjoy, and it's great to be fit enough to be able to travel, you never know what's around the corner.

I can remember quite a few working with me worked all their life, and never got the chance to enjoy their retirement

I travel plenty Rayns . 11 countries last year.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 20:47 - Feb 13 with 1818 viewsLuther27

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 19:51 - Feb 13 by jackportis

Pensioners are the best off members of society.

Maybe... not all though. But after putting in over 40 years paying taxes N.I so we should be.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 21:26 - Feb 13 with 1790 viewsjack2jack

Enjoy every second, all the best👍
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 21:41 - Feb 13 with 1774 viewsDyfnant

Good on you, retire ASAP. Find it a bit sad that some think they can’t fill their time without work.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 21:43]

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 1728 viewsYossarian

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:02 - Feb 13 by monmouth

I took up a universtity lecturing role for fun when I was bored after retiring at 50 from banking (boooo.....what a bastard....etc). I've loved it for most of the ten years I've done it, because I refuse to take part in any meetings or HR garbage, but I must say universities have become depressing places to be around. Not about education any more, just money. The fat cats and politicos have moved in now and the whole thing will be rotting in another ten years except for Oxbridge and a couple of others. I never fail to marvel at UK 'executives' capability to f*ck up anything good while enriching themselves.

That, my friend is a topost. I retired from full time work after 31 years and now work part-time in the University. You are so, so, so right.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:11 - Feb 13 with 1682 viewsjack_lord

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 22:10 - Feb 13 by Yossarian

That, my friend is a topost. I retired from full time work after 31 years and now work part-time in the University. You are so, so, so right.

My son is going to start Uni in September. He has been offered a place in Cardiff, Swansea and Aber. I think he may end up working as an accountant. Should I say there is no pint with that massive debt and get yourself on an accounting apprenticeship then?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:13 - Feb 13 with 1680 viewsvetchonian

Congratualtions cous.......there are a couple of apartments for sale on the riveira near me with a stuuning view of the bay!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024