Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement 08:47 - Feb 13 with 11359 viewsWitneyjack

........and I'm loving it already. It will be nice to be able speak my mind on social media and say it is it is!
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:24 - Feb 13 with 1882 viewsDarran

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:11 - Feb 13 by jack_lord

My son is going to start Uni in September. He has been offered a place in Cardiff, Swansea and Aber. I think he may end up working as an accountant. Should I say there is no pint with that massive debt and get yourself on an accounting apprenticeship then?

He’s going to be a student with no pint?

That’s a first.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:43 - Feb 13 with 1873 viewsmajorraglan

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:11 - Feb 13 by jack_lord

My son is going to start Uni in September. He has been offered a place in Cardiff, Swansea and Aber. I think he may end up working as an accountant. Should I say there is no pint with that massive debt and get yourself on an accounting apprenticeship then?

Woman I used to work with, her sons have gone to University but the daughter decided she didn’t want to go and has gone on to an accounting apprentiship and is very happy. These days, with tuition fees coming in at £9k per year and accommodation on top I think apprentiships are becoming far more attractive to the youngsters. The downside of not going to Uni for lots of youngsters is missing out on the social scene!
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:51 - Feb 13 with 1867 viewsDyfnant

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:43 - Feb 13 by majorraglan

Woman I used to work with, her sons have gone to University but the daughter decided she didn’t want to go and has gone on to an accounting apprentiship and is very happy. These days, with tuition fees coming in at £9k per year and accommodation on top I think apprentiships are becoming far more attractive to the youngsters. The downside of not going to Uni for lots of youngsters is missing out on the social scene!

A lot of modern apprenticeships are just a way to get cheap labour.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 07:31 - Feb 14 with 1775 viewswaynekerr55

Another 30 years of work for me (67) but I'd like to have a little part time job (B&Q/Wickes or a gym)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 07:38 - Feb 14 with 1772 viewsJackfath

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 07:31 - Feb 14 by waynekerr55

Another 30 years of work for me (67) but I'd like to have a little part time job (B&Q/Wickes or a gym)

How effective will you be in your job at that age?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 08:29 - Feb 14 with 1746 viewsPhil_S

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:33 - Feb 13 by magicdaps10

My sister/brother in law are both gardai and signed 30yr contracts and their pension kicks in once they retire, sp will both be appx 55.

Gardai in recent years are given 5yr contracts instead of 30.

My mortgage finishes when I am 57 and I am aiming at that, touch wood. My property is the key to my aim and we intend to sell around 57 and downsize and call our pensions.

I know you can never totally plan as anything can crop up but I feel it is important to have some sort of future plan.

I have a simplistic plan that will see me retire at age 55. Whether that is full retirement or I will work part time remains to be seen and dependent on the performance of the pension fund between now and then

A house downsizing will also happen and with the mortgage gone then the largest part of the essential outgoings will have disappeared so the required income will be significantly lower

I cant see myself stopping completely but doing some part time work I enjoy to keep me occupied whilst enjoying the lifestyle that is there.

As you say important to have some future plan
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 08:31 - Feb 14 with 1742 viewswaynekerr55

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 07:38 - Feb 14 by Jackfath

How effective will you be in your job at that age?

That's a good QUESTION

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:23 - Feb 14 with 1704 viewsLoyal

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 18:31 - Feb 13 by builthjack

Too young. People are living longer now, so minimum of 60 me thinks.
It would drive me potty not working to be honest. So will carry on til 65 or so unless health reasons stop that.
Each to their own

Utilise your skills elsewhere maybe ?
Think of the many things you can do from hobby's to part time work, volunteering, the world is an open book.

I personally would become a professional stalker or single mother botherer.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:26 - Feb 14 with 1702 viewsBarran

I do have respect for you police ppl.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:28 - Feb 14 with 1698 viewsLoyal

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:26 - Feb 14 by Barran

I do have respect for you police ppl.

I'm not the police fcking dimwit, but I'm sat next to one now if that helps.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:53 - Feb 14 with 1674 viewsepaul

Good luck Witney, you've paid your dues, and paid for your decent pension, have a great retirement.
Personally, Ive got a 20 year pension from the Civil service, which I'd love to cash in now at 52(almost), i'd lose to much though, so will cash it in at 60, its a decent pay off for the amount of time I worked in the civil service (funnily enough it's the classic scheme which I stuck with when the pension options changed and was the one negotiated with Th*****r in 87)
Just about to start a new job with Vale of Glamorgan council so hopefully will get about 15 years of a decent pension to add on, happy to work til 67 mind

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:55 - Feb 14 with 1672 viewswaynekerr55

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:53 - Feb 14 by epaul

Good luck Witney, you've paid your dues, and paid for your decent pension, have a great retirement.
Personally, Ive got a 20 year pension from the Civil service, which I'd love to cash in now at 52(almost), i'd lose to much though, so will cash it in at 60, its a decent pay off for the amount of time I worked in the civil service (funnily enough it's the classic scheme which I stuck with when the pension options changed and was the one negotiated with Th*****r in 87)
Just about to start a new job with Vale of Glamorgan council so hopefully will get about 15 years of a decent pension to add on, happy to work til 67 mind

You don't look a day over 51, Paul

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:59 - Feb 14 with 1669 viewsepaul

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:55 - Feb 14 by waynekerr55

You don't look a day over 51, Paul

I know mush, the grey beard belies my true age

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:12 - Feb 14 with 1643 viewsLoyal

Eddie oh Eddie the thickest cnt in then world is back !

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:23 - Feb 14 with 1630 viewsGreatBritton

Absolutely not! Unless he earns a tidy sum he'll never repay all of his student loans and university is a fantastic experience if you want to learn and broaden yourself (mentally, not just through takeaways). Get him to read Martin Lewis on the matter.

In my day university was a route into the professions. It's not that now, but it's still likely to be the best three years of his life.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 10:26]
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:23 - Feb 14 with 1630 viewsbuilthjack

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:12 - Feb 14 by Loyal

Eddie oh Eddie the thickest cnt in then world is back !

Not for long I would guess

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:14 - Feb 14 with 1587 viewscontroversial_jack

Retirement is great. You can speak your mind and to hell with the consequences. Plenty of time for myself and to do some things i want to do. My w*nking has increased though.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:24 - Feb 14 with 1579 viewsProfessor

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 10:23 - Feb 14 by GreatBritton

Absolutely not! Unless he earns a tidy sum he'll never repay all of his student loans and university is a fantastic experience if you want to learn and broaden yourself (mentally, not just through takeaways). Get him to read Martin Lewis on the matter.

In my day university was a route into the professions. It's not that now, but it's still likely to be the best three years of his life.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 10:26]

This is spot on. University is not just about learning to do a specific job. The wider skills of enquiry, analysis and critical thought are the most important part. It's not about an accumulation of knowledge but more how to access, analyse and use it effectively. Not least in separating what is important from some rubbish online.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:35 - Feb 14 with 1572 viewsBarran

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:24 - Feb 14 by Professor

This is spot on. University is not just about learning to do a specific job. The wider skills of enquiry, analysis and critical thought are the most important part. It's not about an accumulation of knowledge but more how to access, analyse and use it effectively. Not least in separating what is important from some rubbish online.

dont tell loyal that.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 16:54 - Feb 14 with 1508 viewsLoyal

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 12:35 - Feb 14 by Barran

dont tell loyal that.

Are you around on Sunday ?

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 19:19 - Feb 14 with 1446 viewspikeypaul

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 09:28 - Feb 14 by Loyal

I'm not the police fcking dimwit, but I'm sat next to one now if that helps.

Tell them nothing.

When your case comes to court say it was all consensual and she was begging for it,and if you were to force yourself on a lady it would not be a porker like her.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 19:22]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 19:45 - Feb 14 with 1421 viewsHCMC

Fire service can still take it at 50 at present.

You can always rely on these guys to do any painting,gardening,etc you need doing,I hope that does not change this year when their retirement age goes up to 55.
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 21:37 - Feb 14 with 1385 viewsjack_lord

school leavers really need to read this forum for careers and life planning advice.

I wish it was around 35 years ago.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 22:22 - Feb 14 with 1366 viewsmajorraglan

Witneyjack,

Good luck in retirement after 30 years as a police officer dealing with all sorts of grim stuff that’s probably long enough for anyone. Sell up in sunny Oxfordshire move down to West Wales and you’ll no doubt get a house twice the size and some change down here for what you sell up in Oxfordshire. The wrathers a bit wetter though!
After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 23:43 - Feb 14 with 1337 viewsLoyal

After 30 years today is my first day of retirement on 19:19 - Feb 14 by pikeypaul

Tell them nothing.

When your case comes to court say it was all consensual and she was begging for it,and if you were to force yourself on a lady it would not be a porker like her.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 19:22]

It was consensual ... it was the spare teeth I had in my pocket covered in cat DNA she didn't like, and the photo of her dad taken in 1967 when he had hair, she didn't like that at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024