Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of media 20:16 - Feb 13 with 2049 viewsCroftyjack

Its the 21st century and not having sky sports I cannot watch or listen to the match anywhere.
No steams, Not on Radio Wales as they playing Janice Long and its not on Swansea sound.
With all the digital media these days its pathetic.
Lack of media on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 1965 viewsRevJames

Winds me up how Radio Wales big themselves up yet don't cover the game outside the Swansea area.

Unless it's a rights thing, which was the case in the PL, why they can't broadcast on MW, FM or online is beyond me.

With their audience plummeting, you'd think they'd make it available across Wales.

Call Rob? 😂
Lack of media on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 1925 viewslegoman

Then why don't you simply pay your tenner and watch on Swans TV? I'm not trying to be rude btw.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Lack of media on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 1892 viewsCroftyjack

Lack of media on 21:51 - Feb 13 by legoman

Then why don't you simply pay your tenner and watch on Swans TV? I'm not trying to be rude btw.

10?? for one game ..I just want it on the radio, you will have to pay to get it on the radio in the not so distant future.
My point was theres nore choice than ever in the media world yet it seems harder to listen to your team, was easier 20 yrs ago.
Lack of media on 22:12 - Feb 13 with 1881 viewsSgorioFruit

I was driving back from Carmarthen hospital to Ammanford during the first half and managed to pick up the game on radio Wales on DAB in the car. Surely that’s the same radio coverage area as Swansea?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Lack of media on 22:14 - Feb 13 with 1876 viewsDarran

Tonight’s game wasn’t on Swansea Sound?

Well that’s a first if true.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lack of media on 22:29 - Feb 13 with 1837 viewsLeonWasGod

Lack of media on 21:32 - Feb 13 by RevJames

Winds me up how Radio Wales big themselves up yet don't cover the game outside the Swansea area.

Unless it's a rights thing, which was the case in the PL, why they can't broadcast on MW, FM or online is beyond me.

With their audience plummeting, you'd think they'd make it available across Wales.

Call Rob? 😂

I think it is a rights thing. Shame it’s not more widely available. £10 is a bit steep to sit at home and have the missus talking on the phone all the way through!
Lack of media on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 1833 viewslegoman

Lack of media on 22:09 - Feb 13 by Croftyjack

10?? for one game ..I just want it on the radio, you will have to pay to get it on the radio in the not so distant future.
My point was theres nore choice than ever in the media world yet it seems harder to listen to your team, was easier 20 yrs ago.

I get your point but 20 years ago you wouldn't have had a chance of seeing it on TV so £10 per game is, to me, reasonable value. Its even cheaper if you sign up for a season deal I believe. Swans TV also offers audio at £5 per game and again, I think its cheaper for a season pass.

I do understand your point but this is today's world I think and yes it all costs.

Those among us who are a bit more tech savvy will often find a TV stream or audio link but I'm not a Twitter user so I don't get to see some of the links I'm told get posted on there

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Lack of media on 22:42 - Feb 13 with 1804 viewsBLAZE

Lack of media on 22:31 - Feb 13 by legoman

I get your point but 20 years ago you wouldn't have had a chance of seeing it on TV so £10 per game is, to me, reasonable value. Its even cheaper if you sign up for a season deal I believe. Swans TV also offers audio at £5 per game and again, I think its cheaper for a season pass.

I do understand your point but this is today's world I think and yes it all costs.

Those among us who are a bit more tech savvy will often find a TV stream or audio link but I'm not a Twitter user so I don't get to see some of the links I'm told get posted on there

Games on Swans TV are blocked in the UK for rights reasons, so you'll need a subscription to a VPN on top of that. The official site charging for radio comms in disgusting too. Its all about squeezing every last penny out of supporters

OP is correct, it's ridiculously hard to find coverage on occasions, particularly if you're outside Swansea. Crazy in this day and age
Login to get fewer ads

Lack of media on 23:02 - Feb 13 with 1770 viewsCroftyjack

Lack of media on 22:14 - Feb 13 by Darran

wasn't on and did say if you expect to hear the swans live match coverage..because of rights or something they cant cover it...first time ive come across it.
Lack of media on 23:06 - Feb 13 with 1763 viewsCroftyjack

Lack of media on 22:42 - Feb 13 by BLAZE

Games on Swans TV are blocked in the UK for rights reasons, so you'll need a subscription to a VPN on top of that. The official site charging for radio comms in disgusting too. Its all about squeezing every last penny out of supporters

OP is correct, it's ridiculously hard to find coverage on occasions, particularly if you're outside Swansea. Crazy in this day and age

You are covering my point....with the amount of possible coverage it should be easy to get it somewhere not messing about with streams that freeze or radios that cover it in some parts but not others..couldn't get radio coverage and I gave up on one stream as it froze every 5 mins...my reference to 20 yrs ago was I could switch the radion on at 3(example) and have it on instantly not spend 20 mins searching .
Lack of media on 23:17 - Feb 13 with 1739 viewsjack_lord

Lack of media on 22:14 - Feb 13 by Darran

It was on Swansea sound despite what Crofty said. I listed it on that station until I couldn't take it any longer as the commentator seemed to be willing Leeds to score at every opportunity. I switched over to Radio Wales(Ratcliff) who actually called the Swans "we" and seemed to support any move up the pitch from Swansea.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Lack of media on 09:11 - Feb 14 with 1607 viewsLoyal

The game was LIVE on Talk Sport 2 with a decent build up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Lack of media on 09:12 - Feb 14 with 1604 viewsLoyal

Lack of media on 22:29 - Feb 13 by LeonWasGod

I think it is a rights thing. Shame it’s not more widely available. £10 is a bit steep to sit at home and have the missus talking on the phone all the way through!

It's always a rights thing unless Cardiff are playing, this has been happening for years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Lack of media on 09:14 - Feb 14 with 1600 viewsLoyal

Lack of media on 22:29 - Feb 13 by LeonWasGod

It's £15 for a month of games.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024