Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return to UK 22:58 - Feb 13 with 31069 viewsPozuelosSideys

Thoughts on this article? Bear in mind its BBC and probably quite sympathetic and careful in its wording.

Note the comments from the indvidual concerned where she appears to have no regrets and still feels it was the right thing to do.

Should she and others like her be free to return? Bare in mind her views and the likelyhood of her offspring being educated by her and her like..

This will be the first of many applications i would assume

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Return to UK on 19:28 - Feb 20 with 2516 views3swan

She was born in Britain and is a British Citizen.
It’s a problem that our Government has to sort out, not try and hide behind some other country.
Imo it’s all part of a political game and nothing to do with facts.
Return to UK on 19:42 - Feb 20 with 2489 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Return to UK on 19:28 - Feb 20 by 3swan

She was born in Britain and is a British Citizen.
It’s a problem that our Government has to sort out, not try and hide behind some other country.
Imo it’s all part of a political game and nothing to do with facts.

There are 000s of ISIS fighters that are displaced, there needs to bea more considered international response.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Return to UK on 19:48 - Feb 20 with 2481 views3swan

Return to UK on 19:42 - Feb 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

There are 000s of ISIS fighters that are displaced, there needs to bea more considered international response.

I'll agree that situations like this needs an international solution, but until then our Government needs to abide by current laws.
British citizen, British laws, British courts
Return to UK on 19:51 - Feb 20 with 2478 viewstheloneranger

I don't remember seeing anybody complain on here when London born Alexanda Kotey had his British citizenship taken away in 2018 and made stateless for being part of the Jihadi Beatles.

El Shafee Elsheikh also had his British citizenship taken away at the same time for the same terrorist crimes ... (but reports state he may have been born in Sudan before coming to the UK??)

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Return to UK on 19:51 - Feb 20 with 2478 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Return to UK on 19:48 - Feb 20 by 3swan

I'll agree that situations like this needs an international solution, but until then our Government needs to abide by current laws.
British citizen, British laws, British courts

Yes, the international military action appears to have worked but there is still a lot of work to be done to stabilise the area......sound familiar?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Return to UK on 19:58 - Feb 20 with 2466 views3swan

Return to UK on 19:51 - Feb 20 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, the international military action appears to have worked but there is still a lot of work to be done to stabilise the area......sound familiar?

I think a generation sometime in the future might have to answer that
Return to UK on 20:48 - Feb 20 with 2415 viewsAnotherJohn

It helps to understand the meaning of jus sanguinis nationality, Lisa. I made a guess about how the government might argue the case after hearing Mr Sands talking on 5 Live this morning, not by reading Wiki. It struck me that sympathetic lawyers were arguing that bloodline applied to the baby but not to Shamima Begum herself. Birth is not always the primary source of nationality, and passports may not be critical. It seems that Begum has never held a UK passport (not that that matters much). She flew to Turkey using one stolen from her sister. I still think the government would be on stronger ground if the part of s40 concerned with naturalised citizens applied, but it does have an arguable case on dual nationality.

An academic from Bristol University was on BBC News 24 earlier saying that she isn't sure that the Bangladeshi government's statement is in line with existing law, and that the case will probably turn on examining just what the law does say. From my limited experience of another Asian country, the point at which dual citizenship would need to be decided would be age 21, and as a practical matter both citizenships would be applicable until them. But I am not 100% sure. In response to ECB's point about a hasty decision, yes possibly, but the Home Office lawyers will know all about the two earlier cases.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 21:03]
Return to UK on 21:03 - Feb 20 with 2386 viewsWingstandwood

The U.S of A seems to be thinking along the same lines as the vast majority of polled U.K citizens and the U.K government itself?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/20/isis-us-woman-alabama-no-return-mi

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Return to UK on 21:07 - Feb 20 with 2374 viewsFlashberryjack

Return to UK on 21:03 - Feb 20 by Wingstandwood

The U.S of A seems to be thinking along the same lines as the vast majority of polled U.K citizens and the U.K government itself?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/20/isis-us-woman-alabama-no-return-mi

The USA aren't allowed to do that, isn't it against international law ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Return to UK on 21:29 - Feb 20 with 2346 viewsWingstandwood

Return to UK on 21:07 - Feb 20 by Flashberryjack

Looks like the U.S.A does not appreciate accommodating a person who presents serious risk/danger/possibility (like others outgoing members did) of being capable to manufacture devastating 7/7 and Manchester type homemade bombs? Or is a risk from jumping into a rented vehicle and (like she has advocated) mow down/kill innocents.

I guess its a case of f#ck international law, put the safety of U.S citizens first, create a deterrent to future Jihadi wannabes and if required let it all go to appeal, mire and clog up the whole process with red tape, drag it out for years so she rots in the squalor of a refugee camp.

Oh and living in a refugee camp? Isn't it ironic that there are many innocent/.peaceful non-ISIS members in there who are in there through no fault of their own but? You've got an ISIS bride belonging to the guilty party responsible begging for a ASAP-ticket out of the hellhole. I guess Lily Allen and Danny Dyer personality types will be outraged by U.S hardline stance?

Argus!

Return to UK on 21:44 - Feb 20 with 2316 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

While the media plaster this girl all over our screens

The c@nt who blew up the poor people in Manchester was allowed by this government to travel between the uk and Libya to fight ....but this girl

MUGS

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Return to UK on 22:03 - Feb 20 with 2291 viewsJango

Return to UK on 13:04 - Feb 20 by londonlisa2001

Your final sentence is a disgrace.

I’m sure those families would agree with me though Lisa. You’d rather just let her back in knowing she’ll more than likely face little or no jail time, than our government do all they can to stop it happening. If law dictates she has to come back then so be it, but why anyone would argue against making it as difficult and drawn out as possible is beyond me.
Return to UK on 22:10 - Feb 20 with 2279 viewsLeonWasGod

We’ll find out in due course, as it looks like this will end up in the courts too. The coverage around all of this in the US and here has been cringeworthy, wheeling out all sorts to give their opinions, the papers telling people what their opinions should be. Quite frankly what any of us thinks is irrelevant as it’s a legal matter.

It’s purely political - stirring up and pandering to the masses so the authoritarian right wing can look tough. Polls being run so people can reinforce their opinions with those of others who’ve been similarly conditioned. And round we’ll go, everyone lapping it up and baying for blood.

And then when the courts do step in and apply the law the government will make the judges the scapegoats and the media will brand them the ‘the enemies of the people’ and the focus of the collective anger will switch once again, always to be steered anywhere except towards those who cause or exploit these kind of situations for their own ends.

Welcome to mad house!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 22:16]
Return to UK on 08:04 - Feb 21 with 2147 viewsjackrabbit

Nick Timothy in today’s Telegraph raises a very good point and that is, why would Bangladesh want to take in this vile specimen? They have expressed a very strong rejection of her claim on Bangladeshi citizenship. She was born & bred in Britain and like it or not - and I hate it - she is our responsibility and needs to be brought back and dealt with by the British justice system. That’s the tragic bit. Which bit of ‘self-confessed ISIL sympathiser and collaborator’ is insufficient for her successful prosecution? We know what’ll happen - some sort of show trial resulting in a rap on the knuckles, a suspended sentence and a council house.

Personally I think she and all like her should just be left in Syria to face Syrian justice and I don’t give a toss how just that would be. Let her apply for a Syrian passport.
Return to UK on 10:02 - Feb 21 with 2103 viewsGreatBritton

I've read slowly through this thread, listened to experts, commentators, demagogues and celebrities, and almost the only thing I can be reasonably sure of is the Ms Begum is as thick as peas, as selfish and unaware as a house cat and as undeserving of any sympathy as any other mother who is prepared to show these unprepossessing qualitie on television, all the while stifling her baby under her voluminous black clothing.

I'd be happy to see her slip into obscurity, preferably remaining in some uncomfortable internment camp. To see her as victim on the one hand,or terrorist on the other hand is to miss the point. She is just THICK and SELFISH.
Return to UK on 10:52 - Feb 21 with 2074 viewsLohengrin

Return to UK on 10:02 - Feb 21 by GreatBritton

I've read slowly through this thread, listened to experts, commentators, demagogues and celebrities, and almost the only thing I can be reasonably sure of is the Ms Begum is as thick as peas, as selfish and unaware as a house cat and as undeserving of any sympathy as any other mother who is prepared to show these unprepossessing qualitie on television, all the while stifling her baby under her voluminous black clothing.

I'd be happy to see her slip into obscurity, preferably remaining in some uncomfortable internment camp. To see her as victim on the one hand,or terrorist on the other hand is to miss the point. She is just THICK and SELFISH.

Thick and selfish? Quite possibly, but she did voluntarily join a group that committed acts of unimaginable venality.

The most obvious solution, the one that will not be taken, is for the Kurds to hand all the ISIS prisoners in their custody over to Damascus.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Return to UK on 11:02 - Feb 21 with 2063 viewscontroversial_jack

It's different, she isn't a US citizen
Return to UK on 11:04 - Feb 21 with 2059 viewsWarwickHunt

Return to UK on 10:52 - Feb 21 by Lohengrin

Thick and selfish? Quite possibly, but she did voluntarily join a group that committed acts of unimaginable venality.

The most obvious solution, the one that will not be taken, is for the Kurds to hand all the ISIS prisoners in their custody over to Damascus.

What if they all had epiphanies en route?
Return to UK on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 2051 viewsLohengrin

Return to UK on 11:04 - Feb 21 by WarwickHunt

What if they all had epiphanies en route?

It’s not what it was years ago, you can get tablets for it now.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 11:14]

Return to UK on 11:29 - Feb 23 with 1799 viewsrockinjk

isn’t there a prison in one of the colonies she could be put in along with all other foreign fighters after she’s been through courts?
Return to UK on 11:26 - Feb 24 with 1729 viewsEbo

Return to UK on 22:03 - Feb 20 by Jango

I’m sure those families would agree with me though Lisa. You’d rather just let her back in knowing she’ll more than likely face little or no jail time, than our government do all they can to stop it happening. If law dictates she has to come back then so be it, but why anyone would argue against making it as difficult and drawn out as possible is beyond me.

She'd be jailed 100%. Why let her roam free?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Return to UK on 12:07 - Feb 24 with 1714 viewsLohengrin

Return to UK on 11:29 - Feb 23 by rockinjk

isn’t there a prison in one of the colonies she could be put in along with all other foreign fighters after she’s been through courts?

Anthrax Island has a nice ring to it. Tailor-made.

Return to UK on 12:19 - Feb 24 with 1706 viewstheloneranger

Return to UK on 11:26 - Feb 24 by Ebo

She'd be jailed 100%. Why let her roam free?

She's got a great chance of escaping a jail sentence ... Of the known 21 Jihadi brides returning to the UK, only 1 has been jailed.

This was Tareena Shakil who was jailed for six years in 2016 and released last summer.

The problem at the moment, it's not a crime in the UK to marry an Isis fighter, or travel to the caliphate. but it is a crime to have aided and abetted a terrorist organisation.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 12:22]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Return to UK on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 1694 viewsrockinjk

Ken Clarke spot on (as usual!) talking about this issue on sky news

Populism is destroying our Country - I have no time for this girl, I would like to see her rot. I’m no wishy washy liberal if and when she’s found guilty she can rot in prison

This is another example of the Authoriarian right taking over and it will lead to further problems in the future

We have a responsibility!
Return to UK on 12:36 - Feb 24 with 1678 viewsLohengrin

Return to UK on 12:23 - Feb 24 by rockinjk

Ken Clarke spot on (as usual!) talking about this issue on sky news

Populism is destroying our Country - I have no time for this girl, I would like to see her rot. I’m no wishy washy liberal if and when she’s found guilty she can rot in prison

This is another example of the Authoriarian right taking over and it will lead to further problems in the future

We have a responsibility!

Decades of politicians dancing to the tune of international finance rather than acting in the national interest, putting the dividends of cosmopolitan shareholders above the welfare of their own electors has brought us to where we are now.

Populism is the roar of realisation not the root cause of the malaise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024