Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Off Chances Slim ? 07:14 - Feb 14 with 3918 viewsSWANSEYE

Anyone think we have an outside chance of the Play Offs ? . .think again as March/April promises to be a rough ride.with consecutive games against, Norwich(A) WBA (A) Derby (H) Notts Forest (A) and Brentford (H) re-arranged 2nd April Middlesbrough (H) . .I'm also afraid this will prove the lack of depth in the squad too thanks to the Yanks total lack of investment.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 07:23 - Feb 14 with 3039 viewsdickythorpe

We have only beaten Sheffield United out of the sides above us. We are mid table for a reason.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 07:56 - Feb 14 with 2990 viewsowainglyndwr

No strength or depth in our squad, just goes to show the Yanks have no interest other than selling players.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:00 - Feb 14 with 2970 viewsmagicdaps10

Squad is too thin and an obvious lack of experience in the squad.

If we make the play offs, it would be an incredible achievement.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:04 - Feb 14 with 2974 views3swan

With our lightweight squad, both depth and physical, we were never going to be pushing for a playoff place.
The slim chance we could have had was more down to how competitive the league is where teams can beat each other.
With the lack of strengthening in the squad, added to the number of inexperienced players we are just for now ‘in progress’.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:07 - Feb 14 with 2966 viewsWarwickHunt

Slim left town last night.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:37 - Feb 14 with 2905 viewssainthelens

If you look at the bookies odds, we are as likely to get promoted as we are to win the fa cup. That should answer any questions.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:48 - Feb 14 with 2872 viewsSWANSEYE

LEICESTER ?
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 09:34 - Feb 14 with 2819 viewsswancity

Not even a glimmer of hope

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 09:57 - Feb 14 with 2792 viewsPegojack

Not a snowball's chance in hell. I only hope we get past Brentford to retain some excitement in the season.
More worrying is how the Yanks will further decimate the squad in the summer, with the possible departure of Potter following soon after if any club offers to buy his contract out for tuppence halfpenny and a packet of crisps.
My fear is, unless there is a miracle change of ownership, we are slowly going to sink back down to the basement of the football league again. Been there, done it, got the T shirt, and don't want another one.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 10:00]
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 10:00 - Feb 14 with 2780 viewsdickythorpe

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:48 - Feb 14 by SWANSEYE

LEICESTER ?

They still had millions but I see what you mean. Hunger and desire won them their titles.
Some of our squad don't have the minerals.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 10:07 - Feb 14 with 2762 viewsGreatBritton

I'm normally a glass totally empty type but I think it's still possible to make the play offs. An exhilerating run of five or six games with against the odds wins (they do happen) and we could be thereabouts. You can't win 46 games but you can win 9 and draw 2 out of 14, say. That would give us 73 points and a shot at sixth.

Having said that, I predicted finishing 11th at the beginning of the season and, as you saw with my Millwall prediction, I'm not bad at this game.

Glass re-emptied
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 10:12 - Feb 14 with 2752 viewsBadlands

Yes we could.
I don't think we all.
I wasn't expecting to this season.
Mighty doom after losing by a single goal to the team that is between top and second spot.
They may have outplayed us but it was only a single goal difference - just as we've ripped teams apart and scraped a win, draw and even lost.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 10:12 - Feb 14 with 2752 viewsThornburyswan

Not for me, we are about where we should be in the division - around 8/10 teams that are better than us clearly (experience, squad depth, more add value players etc) & then a group of 6/8 that are similar to us.

For me anywhere from 15th up is a decent achievement for GP, top 10 would be an exceptional result considering departures & off-field distractions.

Clearly we can still make the top 6 in mathematical terms, bit like saying Wolves could still make the top 4 in the Premiership but we all know that won't happen.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 11:07 - Feb 14 with 2701 viewsLeonWasGod

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 08:48 - Feb 14 by SWANSEYE

LEICESTER ?

Doubt they'll get in the play offs
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 11:39 - Feb 14 with 2669 viewsSWANSEYE

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 10:00 - Feb 14 by dickythorpe

They still had millions but I see what you mean. Hunger and desire won them their titles.
Some of our squad don't have the minerals.

Exactly that . . some of the current squad have the Passion and the Desire but some leave me totally speechless
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 12:05 - Feb 14 with 2628 viewsPapaLazarou

No chance tbh.

A win on Sunday is the only thing keeping our season alive.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 12:10 - Feb 14 with 2616 viewsBarran

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 07:56 - Feb 14 by owainglyndwr

No strength or depth in our squad, just goes to show the Yanks have no interest other than selling players.

we should be buying Messi.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 2559 viewsJackFish

We're seven points off with a worse goal difference and having played a game more. I haven't seen anything to suggest that we're capable of closing that gap. Maybe if we'd brought in a couple of players during the window instead of trying to offload everyone we'd still have a chance.

Forget about the playoffs, let's beat Brentford on Sunday and hopefully get a home quarter final, avoiding Man City and Man Utd/Chelsea would be ideal.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 12:52 - Feb 14 with 2551 viewsleighton1318

So frustrating- the maths work, the teams above us just are not that great, we have dropped so many silly points (Ipswich, Rotherham) thus far. It wouldn’t have been beyond us to be one of the six best teams in the division, even with this year’s squad, but it increasingly looks that we are not.

Season over if we lost in the Cup, folllwed by two months of experimental lineups? Or might that loss drive a renewed focus on league position and the late run we’d all love to see?
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 13:39 - Feb 14 with 2506 viewsomarjack

We're not making the play offs, Teams above us keep winning and progressing, we keep drawing, losing and the occasional win here and there, and the gap keeps widening. But since we're not in a relegation battle, and the pressure is off, Maybe we can enjoy a decent rest of the season and try to finish in the top 10 (best we can do is 10th place imo, quite possible)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 13:55 - Feb 14 with 2478 viewsBadlands

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 12:52 - Feb 14 by leighton1318

So frustrating- the maths work, the teams above us just are not that great, we have dropped so many silly points (Ipswich, Rotherham) thus far. It wouldn’t have been beyond us to be one of the six best teams in the division, even with this year’s squad, but it increasingly looks that we are not.

Season over if we lost in the Cup, folllwed by two months of experimental lineups? Or might that loss drive a renewed focus on league position and the late run we’d all love to see?

This round last season Middlesborough had 4 points more than us and fished 5th so we aren't too far away.
We are a single point below that of Leeds and Norwich at this point last season.
This league is one where changes happen and everyone can beat everyone else.
Also, we dropped silly points against awful teams last season and the one before that.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 14:43 - Feb 14 with 2431 viewsdcd14

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 13:55 - Feb 14 by Badlands

This round last season Middlesborough had 4 points more than us and fished 5th so we aren't too far away.
We are a single point below that of Leeds and Norwich at this point last season.
This league is one where changes happen and everyone can beat everyone else.
Also, we dropped silly points against awful teams last season and the one before that.

I don't think and don't want to make the play offs.

The thought of this team in the PL and the lack of investment which we the team would be given would be grim.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 14:53 - Feb 14 with 2416 viewsjasper_T

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 14:43 - Feb 14 by dcd14

I don't think and don't want to make the play offs.

The thought of this team in the PL and the lack of investment which we the team would be given would be grim.

I imagine we'd spend a lot if we went back up, since the wage bill has come down so much.

But probably not too much like we did in Levein and Kaplan's first season. Wouldn't see half a dozen £15m players come in, that's for sure.
Play Off Chances Slim ? on 15:39 - Feb 14 with 2361 viewsAndy1300

Anything is possible, who’d have had Preston to beat Norwich?

Number 1 team in Wales

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 15:48 - Feb 14 with 2352 viewsthornabyswan

Play Off Chances Slim ? on 09:57 - Feb 14 by Pegojack

Not a snowball's chance in hell. I only hope we get past Brentford to retain some excitement in the season.
More worrying is how the Yanks will further decimate the squad in the summer, with the possible departure of Potter following soon after if any club offers to buy his contract out for tuppence halfpenny and a packet of crisps.
My fear is, unless there is a miracle change of ownership, we are slowly going to sink back down to the basement of the football league again. Been there, done it, got the T shirt, and don't want another one.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 10:00]

No chance at all 9 points off played a game more and still have to go to West Brom and Norwich
The squad is paper thin.

Just 1 decent centre forward 1 injury away from a crisis at centre back.
Our midfield lacks a physical presence which is even more glaring without Fer.
If it had been not for a failed medical he would be gone anyway no matter what Pearlman says.

Yanks put the club up for sale please.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024