Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 09:54 - Feb 14 with 2151 viewsdickythorpe

How could he improve?
Celina on 09:58 - Feb 14 with 1694 viewsSwansea93

Stop giving the ball away by doing to much all the time.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Celina on 09:59 - Feb 14 with 1690 viewsSmellyplumz

A good skin peel

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Celina on 11:10 - Feb 14 with 1634 viewsLeonWasGod

Doesn't he just need to be a bit more ballsy? He goes hiding too much. It was about the 75th minute on Saturday before he picked the ball up in midfield and drove at the heart of their defence. Just needs to want it more and get stuck in. He's got all the attributes, just needs to add the tough edge and sharpen up a bit (most of them looked half a sleep last night). And he should take more free kicks (I still think he's got a better dead ball on him than Grimes - he's got more dip and pace).
Celina on 11:13 - Feb 14 with 1626 viewsmonmouth

More game time and experience to get more belief and a few steaks.

Young player being very inconsistent, especially when carrying a lot of expectation, is hardly new.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Celina on 11:17 - Feb 14 with 1615 viewsbuilthjack

Get a few quick thinkers around him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Celina on 11:50 - Feb 14 with 1564 viewsJoe_bradshaw

When he’s got the likes of McBurnie and Routledge around him making runs and looking for space he looks a different player because he can find the pass to set them free.

When he’s surrounded by statues he tries to do too much himself because there isn’t a ball on.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Celina on 12:36 - Feb 14 with 1507 viewskarnataka

Celina on 11:50 - Feb 14 by Joe_bradshaw

When he’s got the likes of McBurnie and Routledge around him making runs and looking for space he looks a different player because he can find the pass to set them free.

When he’s surrounded by statues he tries to do too much himself because there isn’t a ball on.

Spot on. Lack of movement off the ball has been a big problem of ours for several seasons. Over the years we have had players like Leon, de Guzman and Allen who all had an instinct for finding a pocket of space to receive a pass from whoever had the ball and move it on quickly. Whether the players in possession wase a defender, a midfielder or attacker, anywhere on the pitch there was always an option on even before they'd received the pass. That was the reason we could play tiki-taka, have the lions share of possession and pass our way through teams who may have looked better on paper. Now, we have players receiving the ball and then having to look for options and when they find there aren't any because of lack of movement, the ball goes backwards or sideways. It's very frustrating at times.
Celina on 12:53 - Feb 14 with 1476 viewsFireboy2

Celina on 11:17 - Feb 14 by builthjack

Fer and mcburnie help

Celina plays better with strong players around him in midfield

He isnt a ball winner
Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 13:36 - Feb 14 with 1416 viewsomarjack

I think he doesn't believe in the players around him, That's why he's too selfish, tries to cut through defences on his own, shoots from outside the box often. Because he thinks that if he passes the ball to an inferior player (in his opinion) it'll be w@nkered away.

How could he improve? There is a room for improvement for every player out there, So with training, hard work etc..But he is already a really good quality championship player, What should improve (for this level of football at least) are those around him imo.

I'm not saying he's perfect obviously, I just think he's a good starter player for a genuine promotion push, The rest of the attacking squad other than McBurnie? Not really.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Celina on 15:15 - Feb 14 with 1313 viewsoldcob

He can improve by keeping the ball closer to his feet when running with it, and developing just a little bit of bottle.
Celina on 15:20 - Feb 14 with 1307 viewsjasper_T

Don't play him at centre forward again that's for sure.
Celina on 15:32 - Feb 14 with 1279 viewsvalleyboy

Celina on 09:58 - Feb 14 by Swansea93

Stop giving the ball away by doing to much all the time.

Exactly

Not thinking he’s a better player than he is

Man City knew what they were doing in first letting him to go to Ipswich of all clubs out on loan, then letting him go full stop

Football is a simple game, so why make it difficult to make wrong options and the reason he loses the ball so often
Celina on 15:37 - Feb 14 with 1270 viewsicecoldjack

By actually putting in a shift and not coasting when it suits him is the first thing, the other thing is to not give the ball away so often, most of the time it's not because he's trying to be creative it's because he's just being too cocky.

A wonderful work in progress though, my guess is a bigger club comes calling in the summer.
Celina on 20:40 - Feb 14 with 1115 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina on 15:37 - Feb 14 by icecoldjack

By actually putting in a shift and not coasting when it suits him is the first thing, the other thing is to not give the ball away so often, most of the time it's not because he's trying to be creative it's because he's just being too cocky.

A wonderful work in progress though, my guess is a bigger club comes calling in the summer.

Best natural footballer we’ve had since Michu. Class.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Celina on 21:05 - Feb 14 with 1077 viewsDr_Winston

He could do with having better players alongside him in the middle. The differences in perfornance when Fer is there and when he's not is notable.

Grimes has done OK, Fulton has done OK. However, the only two midfielders of genuine quality we have are Celina and Fer and when one of them is unavailable it tells.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Celina on 22:53 - Feb 14 with 987 views_

Celina on 21:05 - Feb 14 by Dr_Winston

He could do with having better players alongside him in the middle. The differences in perfornance when Fer is there and when he's not is notable.

Grimes has done OK, Fulton has done OK. However, the only two midfielders of genuine quality we have are Celina and Fer and when one of them is unavailable it tells.

I'm sorry but Matty Grimes is my player of the season at the moment, it's got to be him or McBurnie for all his goals, but "ok"?? Not a chance.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Celina on 23:21 - Feb 14 with 967 viewsjackrmee

Celina can definitely see a pass that others can't. Dan J and Jeff have been fed no end when they've been on the pitch. WOuld have loved to have seen them playing together tbh with Celina in the hole. He needs these type of players in front of him, along with Oli. He also needs a couple of solid ball winners behind him, as he's pretty lightweight as we can all see. Don't think you can train that into someone.
He's going to be class, but he's never going to have it all. Others need to be available and supportive around him for him to shine.

Dan J Oli ????
Celina
Matty Leroy

**edit: Celina in the number 10 role, not the hole.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 7:26]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Celina on 23:22 - Feb 14 with 967 viewsTreforys_Jack

He's a really young promising footballer, who we are fairly lucky to have to be honest, how many league games does he have under his belt? I genuinely don't know, but it's not many, So because Man City got rid of him he's not got enough for us, this board makes me laugh at times. If he was consistently as good as he sometimes shows he'd be a million miles away from Swansea.
Agree about Matt Grimes though very consistent.
Celina on 23:44 - Feb 14 with 951 viewsgiantstoneater

Like to see him toughen up a bit, work harder for the team and close the space down a little faster, you don`t have to throw yourself into a tackle everytime but just close the space a lot faster JDG was a master at this and plugged a few gaps as a result. Keep shooting as well.
Celina on 00:05 - Feb 15 with 936 viewslonglostjack

Celina on 11:17 - Feb 14 by builthjack

This. Celina reminds me of Özil in his early days. Fans were getting on his back for misplaced passes and being a lightweight. The players around him just couldn’t see the moves that he could.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Celina on 00:17 - Feb 15 with 921 viewsjasper_T

Celina on 23:22 - Feb 14 by Treforys_Jack

He's a really young promising footballer, who we are fairly lucky to have to be honest, how many league games does he have under his belt? I genuinely don't know, but it's not many, So because Man City got rid of him he's not got enough for us, this board makes me laugh at times. If he was consistently as good as he sometimes shows he'd be a million miles away from Swansea.

A season in the Eredivisie, a season in the Championship with Ipswich, half a season with us. Over 100 games including subs appearances (surprisingly few of those for a young player).
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 0:18]
Celina on 00:36 - Feb 15 with 906 viewsvalleyboy

Celina on 23:21 - Feb 14 by jackrmee

Celina can definitely see a pass that others can't. Dan J and Jeff have been fed no end when they've been on the pitch. WOuld have loved to have seen them playing together tbh with Celina in the hole. He needs these type of players in front of him, along with Oli. He also needs a couple of solid ball winners behind him, as he's pretty lightweight as we can all see. Don't think you can train that into someone.
He's going to be class, but he's never going to have it all. Others need to be available and supportive around him for him to shine.

Dan J Oli ????
Celina
Matty Leroy

**edit: Celina in the number 10 role, not the hole.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 7:26]

You could be writing that posting as if you were describing Tom Carrol

In fact I would put him the same catorgory as that player

What manager would trust a player like Celina playing in the “hole”

Unbelievable
Celina on 06:30 - Feb 15 with 856 viewsdickythorpe

He's a lot more talented than Carroll but he's not a man to have alongside you in the trenches.
Poor goal return for this level and he is an international. People say he needs better around him, no reason for him to hide and stop encouraging those lesser quality players around him.
Show some pashun , it keeps the opposition knowing they are in a game. Just bullied too often for my liking this season.
No yellow cards from us on wed night at an away game!
Celina on 07:25 - Feb 15 with 827 viewsjackrmee

Celina on 00:36 - Feb 15 by valleyboy

You could be writing that posting as if you were describing Tom Carrol

In fact I would put him the same catorgory as that player

What manager would trust a player like Celina playing in the “hole”

Unbelievable

Pardon me, I meant number 10 role not in the hole, as you can see from my attack selection. thingy.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Celina on 07:51 - Feb 15 with 802 views34dfgdf54

Celina on 23:22 - Feb 14 by Treforys_Jack

Man City didn't "get rid" as such. They rated him, but made sure they have first refusal when we come to sell. He was rated there.

He's very lightweight, these kind of players sometimes are. You can't play him and Mckay together centrally, way too lightweight. As others have said, Celina needs players to compliment him, Routledge, James, Fer do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024