Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four Four Two article 16:18 - Feb 14 with 11649 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Not seen it posted yet:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-sorry-swansea-city-became-middling-also

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Four Four Two article on 19:27 - Feb 14 with 2189 viewslondonlisa2001

Four Four Two article on 19:22 - Feb 14 by monmouth

No doubt Lis, especially given who’s just called it a load of tripe. I just think we all, apart from vested interests, know what has happened, and reading it over is feeling like self harm. Just gets me annoyed with things.

If it helps get the real message out though, all power to it.

It’s less the statements of reality that annoy me Mon than the statements of fantasy, deception and illusion.
Four Four Two article on 19:30 - Feb 14 with 2177 viewsmonmouth

Four Four Two article on 19:27 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

It’s less the statements of reality that annoy me Mon than the statements of fantasy, deception and illusion.

Fair point. Lot of it about too.

Edit oh wow, this needs to go to the press. All entirely factual. Jenkins’ Dineen’s and sellouts’ premier league legacy.

From Lisa’s post.

I’m not knocking the academy. But we received what, half a billion pounds from our time in the premier league, and have a a bigger financial hole than we had at the start, a squad worth a lot less money, 500 extra seats in the stadium, no new naming rights, no big global sponsors, no stadium ownership and a fan base that is immeasurably more detached from the club than it was 8 years ago. Still, some have done ok from it haven’t they.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 19:37]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Four Four Two article on 19:33 - Feb 14 with 2169 views3swan

A fair assessment of where we are at the moment, not good to read, but imo even an insight of more to come
Four Four Two article on 19:41 - Feb 14 with 2156 viewsswan65split

Four Four Two article on 19:15 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

Early March last year we were in 13th / 14th (strictly a couple of weeks short of ‘this time last year’) We collapsed after that but we were pretty comfortable at the time. Not many thought at that point we’d go down.

As for the ‘developed by our Cat One Academy teams’ - the team that started last night had Roberts and James as the only two players that joined us before they were 18 as far as I can remember? Who came on? Asoro, Narsingh, McBurnie ? But none of them joined before they were full blown professionals either.

Edited to add - btw - I’m not knocking the academy. But we received what, half a billion pounds from our time in the premier league, and have a a bigger financial hole than we had at the start, a squad worth a lot less money, 500 extra seats in the stadium, no new naming rights, no big global sponsors, no stadium ownership and a fan base that is immeasurably more detached from the club than it was 8 years ago. Still, some have done ok from it haven’t they...
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 19:25]

Horrendous!! (bluntly)
Four Four Two article on 19:59 - Feb 14 with 2122 viewsdobjack2

Four Four Two article on 18:51 - Feb 14 by Badlands

The article is a shocking piece of tripe.

Would you care to explain in detail why you believe it is a shocking piece of tripe?
Four Four Two article on 20:10 - Feb 14 with 2105 viewsDippy

Four Four Two article on 19:30 - Feb 14 by monmouth

Fair point. Lot of it about too.

Edit oh wow, this needs to go to the press. All entirely factual. Jenkins’ Dineen’s and sellouts’ premier league legacy.

From Lisa’s post.

I’m not knocking the academy. But we received what, half a billion pounds from our time in the premier league, and have a a bigger financial hole than we had at the start, a squad worth a lot less money, 500 extra seats in the stadium, no new naming rights, no big global sponsors, no stadium ownership and a fan base that is immeasurably more detached from the club than it was 8 years ago. Still, some have done ok from it haven’t they.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 19:37]

So there is a huge financial hole.. the next transfer window will be interesting

Poll: Cooper Out

Four Four Two article on 20:12 - Feb 14 with 2097 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Four Four Two article on 19:59 - Feb 14 by dobjack2

Would you care to explain in detail why you believe it is a shocking piece of tripe?

Because he’s Jenkins buddy in all probability

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Four Four Two article on 21:15 - Feb 14 with 2056 viewsGowerjack

Four Four Two article on 18:51 - Feb 14 by Badlands

The article is a shocking piece of tripe.

No it's not.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Four Four Two article on 22:10 - Feb 14 with 2010 views_

Four Four Two article on 18:11 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

This time last year we were in our third consecutive relegation battle. "Pretty comfortable" is massively rewriting history.

Our current side was built out of the successes of the PL era, with near half the team last night signed for and developed by our Cat One academy teams, so "not much to show for it" is a strange comment as well.

I am so very glad Lisa doesn't post any more. She's completely lost the plot and turned into a right miserable cow.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Four Four Two article on 22:15 - Feb 14 with 2006 viewsmagicdaps10

Nope.

Early March last year we were in 13th / 14th (strictly a couple of weeks short of ‘this time last year’) We collapsed after that but we were pretty comfortable at the time. Not many thought at that point we’d go down.

As for the ‘developed by our Cat One Academy teams’ - the team that started last night had Roberts and James as the only two players that joined us before they were 18 as far as I can remember? Who came on? Asoro, Narsingh, McBurnie ? But none of them joined before they were full blown professionals either.

Edited to add - btw - I’m not knocking the academy. But we received what, half a billion pounds from our time in the premier league, and have a a bigger financial hole than we had at the start, a squad worth a lot less money, 500 extra seats in the stadium, no new naming rights, no big global sponsors, no stadium ownership and a fan base that is immeasurably more detached from the club than it was 8 years ago. Still, some have done ok from it haven’t they...

Good post that aside from the not many thought at that point we would go down.

Some home truths in the last section and totally true, we achieved so much but at the same time.....so very little.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Four Four Two article on 22:23 - Feb 14 with 1985 views_

Nope.

Wow, and this gets up-votes, says it all. Honestly.

Last night we had the nucleus of such an exciting Championship cum EPL side in the making. And a team we have pretty much nurtured and grown and can still watch grow.

Connor, Byers, Grimes, Danny James, McBurnie with CBR on the sidelines and Rodon missing through injury is such a credit to all the work that's gone on at SCFC in state of the art facilities and a Cat 1 status academy in the background - not an inexpensive achievement in itself.

Our U-23's have genuinely produced some real talented footballers who are all looking so comfortable already playing in second tier football, and all at such a young age.

It's almost too good to be true and for this to be so pathetically rubbished by someone like you makes me mad. I am truly gutted you are in some way being able to influence the football club - seriously.

You have knocked the kids since day 1 of the Championship in some horrible way to get a point across to the selling shareholders. This is what the Trust is truly about - it's revenge, not solutions.

Clubs our size are destined for troubled times along the way, you can spend all the money in the world just to stand still in the EPL but you know that deep down.

Sad.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Four Four Two article on 22:32 - Feb 14 with 1980 viewsjasper_T

Nope.

Early March we were hovering 15th/16th a few points out of the relegation places, and it was the highest we'd been practically all season after a miraculous (and temporary) turnaround. We were bottom at Christmas with 13 points from 20 games.

It was not a comfortable season, just as the previous two hadn't been.

I'm including the u23s side as a Category One team (since they play in a dedicated Cat One competition). Our PL status allowed us to bring in players like Fulton, Byers and McBurnie and give them football within that group. Players don't stop developing at 18 and the great work that Toshack, Gary RIchards and the other academy staff put into those players has been lauded by Potter often this season.
Four Four Two article on 22:48 - Feb 14 with 1950 views_

Four Four Two article on 22:32 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Early March we were hovering 15th/16th a few points out of the relegation places, and it was the highest we'd been practically all season after a miraculous (and temporary) turnaround. We were bottom at Christmas with 13 points from 20 games.

It was not a comfortable season, just as the previous two hadn't been.

I'm including the u23s side as a Category One team (since they play in a dedicated Cat One competition). Our PL status allowed us to bring in players like Fulton, Byers and McBurnie and give them football within that group. Players don't stop developing at 18 and the great work that Toshack, Gary RIchards and the other academy staff put into those players has been lauded by Potter often this season.

And the other very important thing to note is these "older" players coming into the U23 ranks over the years, like Byers and McBurnie for example, when they took a look around the facilities and saw how they could progress their footballing futures, it probably made their decision to come down here all the more easy.

Just to cut their nose off to spite their miserable faces we actually have "fans" trying to play all this down.

Burnley have been up and down twice since we were in the EPL, this could be Norwich's third time - would that have been better for everyone without anything else other than the odd promotion to talk about?

Clubs that leave the EPL don't leave it financially healthy, not unless their strategy is to not spend whilst there and effectively not compete. West Brom and Stoke are panicking like hell right now, Sunderland have disappeared, Southampton, Man City and Leicester had to drop down another tier before being able to sort themselves out.

Lisa is completely bitter and twisted.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:50]

Four Four Two article on 23:23 - Feb 14 with 1927 viewsswan65split

March 10th we were 14th.

then the fan started

Scroll down
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Swansea_City_A.F.C._season
Four Four Two article on 23:33 - Feb 14 with 1920 viewsTreforys_Jack

Four Four Two article on 22:48 - Feb 14 by _

And the other very important thing to note is these "older" players coming into the U23 ranks over the years, like Byers and McBurnie for example, when they took a look around the facilities and saw how they could progress their footballing futures, it probably made their decision to come down here all the more easy.

Just to cut their nose off to spite their miserable faces we actually have "fans" trying to play all this down.

Burnley have been up and down twice since we were in the EPL, this could be Norwich's third time - would that have been better for everyone without anything else other than the odd promotion to talk about?

Clubs that leave the EPL don't leave it financially healthy, not unless their strategy is to not spend whilst there and effectively not compete. West Brom and Stoke are panicking like hell right now, Sunderland have disappeared, Southampton, Man City and Leicester had to drop down another tier before being able to sort themselves out.

Lisa is completely bitter and twisted.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:50]

The issue is most people think things are going to get worse, potentially no Fer, James, VDH for starters. Ollie will be a target without a doubt, as will Cellina and possibly Grimes. That is the worry, we can't keep selling every time someone shows an interest.
I agree with Lisa regarding last year, we beat West Ham first week of March I believe and we were all but safe with 3 teams below us left to play, 2 of them at home and we simply didn't turn up again for the rest of the season.
The PL is an absolute beast which spits out clubs our size for fun and whilst it has to be every teams ultimate target I'm loving the Championship to be honest.
Four Four Two article on 23:37 - Feb 14 with 1912 viewsjackrabbit

Four Four Two article on 19:22 - Feb 14 by monmouth

No doubt Lis, especially given who’s just called it a load of tripe. I just think we all, apart from vested interests, know what has happened, and reading it over is feeling like self harm. Just gets me annoyed with things.

If it helps get the real message out though, all power to it.

It is an excellent article on the sad demise of a once universally admired top-flight football club, now disappeared off the radar.

Never more evident than the weak and apologetic display against Leeds United this week which ended in a slightly flattering narrow 2-1 defeat. Eddie Gray, commentating on the match for LUFC TV referred more than once to Swansea as ‘powder puff’. Insulting, but inarguably accurate.
Four Four Two article on 23:50 - Feb 14 with 1905 viewsUplandsJack

As we are all well aware, had we gained just 4 more points on top of the pitiful 3 we got from our final 9 games, we'd still be there now!
I was convinced back then we'd stay up, despite the total mis-management of our club by HJ. And honestly, a part of me still cannot believe we're not.
Four Four Two article on 23:51 - Feb 14 with 1898 views_

Four Four Two article on 23:33 - Feb 14 by Treforys_Jack

The issue is most people think things are going to get worse, potentially no Fer, James, VDH for starters. Ollie will be a target without a doubt, as will Cellina and possibly Grimes. That is the worry, we can't keep selling every time someone shows an interest.
I agree with Lisa regarding last year, we beat West Ham first week of March I believe and we were all but safe with 3 teams below us left to play, 2 of them at home and we simply didn't turn up again for the rest of the season.
The PL is an absolute beast which spits out clubs our size for fun and whilst it has to be every teams ultimate target I'm loving the Championship to be honest.

As desperately gutted as I was to go down last season I can honestly say I am completely over that now and that's because I am enjoying this league as well. There's some massive clubs to pit our wits against and also some teams we know we can or should be winning against. There's also a huge prize waiting for any team in this league and even though we won a major trophy during our EPL era, it's not as if those opportunities grew on trees.

We are all worried about transfer windows, there's no denying that. I would just like to get to a point where the fan base understands why some tough decisions have to be made and be pragmatic about them.

We aren't rebooting as quickly as we would like to I don't think, certainly not as quickly as I would have liked. I thought we could challenge this season and I do think we could have been a lot closer with more sensible decision making from the gaffer, but we are where we are.

We will lose another chunk of money next season but with that we are losing some hefty wages off the expenditure as well so we're getting there.

We need to be resolute to the plan of the September statement and if we veer off it, like we nearly did with Dan James, it must be for the overall good of the club. We have to keep an eye on the future and we can't throw everything at the present.

Without the massive efforts of the people at SCFC over the last god knows how many years we wouldn't have attracted the players we've been able to at youth level, but now the era of the selling shareholders has gone and in many ways I'm glad, because whilst I totally disagree with the petulance of some of our fans and the sheer bitterness of others like Lisa, I do feel the old guard were holding us back - that cloud was never going to pass.

I am worried about the football decision making but I am hopeful Potter will stand up and get involved a lot more at that level, just like Martinez did all those years ago.

There's so much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to - we just need to lance some of the poison that's being drip fed into the veins and psyche of some of our more easily led fans - and to think this is being done by members of the Trust is a massive concern to me.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 23:55]

Four Four Two article on 00:07 - Feb 15 with 1883 viewsTreforys_Jack

Four Four Two article on 23:51 - Feb 14 by _

As desperately gutted as I was to go down last season I can honestly say I am completely over that now and that's because I am enjoying this league as well. There's some massive clubs to pit our wits against and also some teams we know we can or should be winning against. There's also a huge prize waiting for any team in this league and even though we won a major trophy during our EPL era, it's not as if those opportunities grew on trees.

We are all worried about transfer windows, there's no denying that. I would just like to get to a point where the fan base understands why some tough decisions have to be made and be pragmatic about them.

We aren't rebooting as quickly as we would like to I don't think, certainly not as quickly as I would have liked. I thought we could challenge this season and I do think we could have been a lot closer with more sensible decision making from the gaffer, but we are where we are.

We will lose another chunk of money next season but with that we are losing some hefty wages off the expenditure as well so we're getting there.

We need to be resolute to the plan of the September statement and if we veer off it, like we nearly did with Dan James, it must be for the overall good of the club. We have to keep an eye on the future and we can't throw everything at the present.

Without the massive efforts of the people at SCFC over the last god knows how many years we wouldn't have attracted the players we've been able to at youth level, but now the era of the selling shareholders has gone and in many ways I'm glad, because whilst I totally disagree with the petulance of some of our fans and the sheer bitterness of others like Lisa, I do feel the old guard were holding us back - that cloud was never going to pass.

I am worried about the football decision making but I am hopeful Potter will stand up and get involved a lot more at that level, just like Martinez did all those years ago.

There's so much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to - we just need to lance some of the poison that's being drip fed into the veins and psyche of some of our more easily led fans - and to think this is being done by members of the Trust is a massive concern to me.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 23:55]

Not much to disagree with there, apart from your last paragraph, you seem to be hell bent on having a go at the trust at every opportunity, that's why posters think you have an agenda.
Four Four Two article on 00:13 - Feb 15 with 1869 views_

Four Four Two article on 00:07 - Feb 15 by Treforys_Jack

Not much to disagree with there, apart from your last paragraph, you seem to be hell bent on having a go at the trust at every opportunity, that's why posters think you have an agenda.

I am glad you agree with most of it and you're right, I do have a massive agenda against the Trust at the moment and Lisa has summed up EXACTLY why in her last 2 pathetic posts.

I have been very critical of Stu Macdonald but thinking about a lot of things I actually think he maybe one of our only hopes on there at the moment. I really don't think Stuart is hell bent on revenge like Phil and Lisa and I actually think he's more concerned with the future than the past, again, unlike too many of them on there.

Four Four Two article on 02:32 - Feb 15 with 1833 viewsTreforys_Jack

Four Four Two article on 00:13 - Feb 15 by _

I am glad you agree with most of it and you're right, I do have a massive agenda against the Trust at the moment and Lisa has summed up EXACTLY why in her last 2 pathetic posts.

I have been very critical of Stu Macdonald but thinking about a lot of things I actually think he maybe one of our only hopes on there at the moment. I really don't think Stuart is hell bent on revenge like Phil and Lisa and I actually think he's more concerned with the future than the past, again, unlike too many of them on there.

You're up front about it fair play, the only problem is it can sometimes cloud the issue with your football posts which are more often than not bang on the money to be fair.
Four Four Two article on 08:12 - Feb 15 with 1766 views_

Four Four Two article on 02:32 - Feb 15 by Treforys_Jack

You're up front about it fair play, the only problem is it can sometimes cloud the issue with your football posts which are more often than not bang on the money to be fair.

We should all be wanting and hoping for the same thing and that's for SCFC to get itself back on its feet, but just read the miserable, depressing stuff, even from the likes of Monmouth, who now isn't able to get excited about following us.

It's not as if our club hasn't been through bad times before is it, but we know when we did go though those bad times we probably had to do it without him and lots of others. When we had very small crowds and no interest, we'd not see most if not all the miserable moaning voices we've got to deal with now on here, Builth, Fireboy, Daps etc, and that's fine, they can disappear back to whatever they used to do with their Saturday's, but why are they hell bent on dragging others down.

And Lisa, a special mention to her as she's held in quite some regard on here, but just read some of her posts to also see how negative she's being, especially to all the work the club has put into youth.

I'd happily spend all day talking about football and even when we mess up like first half Wednesday, still look forward massively to the next game and the next game.

I repeat, we don't need revenge, we need solutions.

The best thing for me now would be the Americans buying out the Trust so they can have some monies behind them in the event of a collapse but more importantly putting an end to this complete mess.

And yes, the selling shareholders caused a lot of this with their desperate urge to sell for huge profit, but the Trust made some huge mistakes when they had every chance to do something about it.

Believe me, we pleaded and pleaded and pleaded with them on here and elsewhere and they ignored us and lied to us and watched the club disappear from us.

Four Four Two article on 09:44 - Feb 15 with 1691 viewsBloodyhills

Finally read the article today and it seems pretty fair and balanced.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Four Four Two article on 09:51 - Feb 15 with 1679 viewscostalotta

Just read it myself.

Apart from one or two things it’s pretty accurate and on the money. Didn’t agree with some of the wording about the current squad.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 9:51]
Four Four Two article on 10:05 - Feb 15 with 1646 viewsJinxy

Yes, a sad but sobering read. If the Americans are smart (and that particular jury is out), then they will back 2 things - Potter and the Trust. Potter is ambitious, and he may well already have realised he holds quite a sway of power, so may well test their resolve especially once the financial cleansing has completed. The Trust? Well, they collectively only have the club's long term interests at heart, so why would you ignore them?

I think the article is slightly unbalanced by brushing over the restoration of the Swansea Way though, which for me is a joy to watch even when we lose. Mulder playing out repeatedly with me chewing my fingernails off tells me that the passing style is mandatory! Love it. Hold on to Potter for now, engage the Trust and we'll be back...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024