Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four Four Two article 16:18 - Feb 14 with 11878 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Not seen it posted yet:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-sorry-swansea-city-became-middling-also

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Four Four Two article on 10:05 - Feb 15 with 2186 viewsdobjack2

Four Four Two article on 08:12 - Feb 15 by _

We should all be wanting and hoping for the same thing and that's for SCFC to get itself back on its feet, but just read the miserable, depressing stuff, even from the likes of Monmouth, who now isn't able to get excited about following us.

It's not as if our club hasn't been through bad times before is it, but we know when we did go though those bad times we probably had to do it without him and lots of others. When we had very small crowds and no interest, we'd not see most if not all the miserable moaning voices we've got to deal with now on here, Builth, Fireboy, Daps etc, and that's fine, they can disappear back to whatever they used to do with their Saturday's, but why are they hell bent on dragging others down.

And Lisa, a special mention to her as she's held in quite some regard on here, but just read some of her posts to also see how negative she's being, especially to all the work the club has put into youth.

I'd happily spend all day talking about football and even when we mess up like first half Wednesday, still look forward massively to the next game and the next game.

I repeat, we don't need revenge, we need solutions.

The best thing for me now would be the Americans buying out the Trust so they can have some monies behind them in the event of a collapse but more importantly putting an end to this complete mess.

And yes, the selling shareholders caused a lot of this with their desperate urge to sell for huge profit, but the Trust made some huge mistakes when they had every chance to do something about it.

Believe me, we pleaded and pleaded and pleaded with them on here and elsewhere and they ignored us and lied to us and watched the club disappear from us.

Feck me it’s the fans fault again. The off field shenanigans bring a lot of fans down, but as it’s a view that you don’t hold in your world there must be something wrong with those fans.

When you talk about football you are fine. Opinions are opinions and there for discussion.

When you talk about the Trust you seem more bitter and twisted than anyone that you throw those accusations at. In addition you have this strange viewpoint of blaming the trust for not preventing the selling shareholders selling their shares. That in itself leads people to believe you are “on the payroll “ in some way shape or form as you keep banging the same drum ad tedium.
Four Four Two article on 10:26 - Feb 15 with 2131 views_

Four Four Two article on 10:05 - Feb 15 by dobjack2

Feck me it’s the fans fault again. The off field shenanigans bring a lot of fans down, but as it’s a view that you don’t hold in your world there must be something wrong with those fans.

When you talk about football you are fine. Opinions are opinions and there for discussion.

When you talk about the Trust you seem more bitter and twisted than anyone that you throw those accusations at. In addition you have this strange viewpoint of blaming the trust for not preventing the selling shareholders selling their shares. That in itself leads people to believe you are “on the payroll “ in some way shape or form as you keep banging the same drum ad tedium.

The same drum I was beating for the Trust to do something to prevent the sale maybe?

They had their chance and blew it and now we've got to watch them cock waving and look for revenge.

We've got a football club to support.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Four Four Two article on 10:27 - Feb 15 with 2147 viewsFireboy2

Four Four Two article on 10:05 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Yes, a sad but sobering read. If the Americans are smart (and that particular jury is out), then they will back 2 things - Potter and the Trust. Potter is ambitious, and he may well already have realised he holds quite a sway of power, so may well test their resolve especially once the financial cleansing has completed. The Trust? Well, they collectively only have the club's long term interests at heart, so why would you ignore them?

I think the article is slightly unbalanced by brushing over the restoration of the Swansea Way though, which for me is a joy to watch even when we lose. Mulder playing out repeatedly with me chewing my fingernails off tells me that the passing style is mandatory! Love it. Hold on to Potter for now, engage the Trust and we'll be back...

Great post jinxy

Spot on
Four Four Two article on 10:29 - Feb 15 with 2141 viewschad

Except to say the buyout (on the same terms as the initial sale) is at least equally important (to protect the long term future of professional football in Swansea), then, given Pandora’s box is already well and truly opened, could not agree more with T2C on this point

The best thing for me now would be the Americans buying out the Trust so they can have some monies behind them in the event of a collapse but more importantly putting an end to this complete mess.
Four Four Two article on 10:45 - Feb 15 with 2128 viewsLoyal

Four Four Two article on 10:29 - Feb 15 by chad

Except to say the buyout (on the same terms as the initial sale) is at least equally important (to protect the long term future of professional football in Swansea), then, given Pandora’s box is already well and truly opened, could not agree more with T2C on this point

Which should have happened at the point of sale, but didn't, because the trust had no offer of money, just the sell outs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Four Four Two article on 11:00 - Feb 15 with 2111 viewsdobjack2

Four Four Two article on 10:26 - Feb 15 by _

The same drum I was beating for the Trust to do something to prevent the sale maybe?

They had their chance and blew it and now we've got to watch them cock waving and look for revenge.

Revenge or justice? Matter of opinion perhaps.

I also warned that the first failed share sale was a start not an end and indicated that shareholders were now looking for a way out and needed to be watched carefully. It was clear that other shareholders now had a different vision and agenda to the Trust. It’s a matter of what you wish to believe about what happened next.

Although whatever you believe, in my view, the Trust board were naive in the extreme to leave the supporter director wide open to accusations of a conflict of interest. That door has now been bolted. They have been rightly heavily criticised for not appreciating the implications of the multiple roles and that error still taints them in some fans eyes.

The Trust board are not above criticism, however I don’t question their motives

I agree that we have a football club to support but until the issues around the share sale are put to bed once and for all then we won’t go forward as a United fan base.

I also believe that the share sale issues are hampering the resolution of current problems such as absentee owners, their lack of transparency about what has gone on and their lack of any real connection with the fans and city.
Four Four Two article on 11:32 - Feb 15 with 2085 viewschad

As you are aware you were not the only one beating that drum, even after being silenced on this website.

And there are also concerns about behaviours during the vote

However that does not mean the Trust as a body forfeits it’s legal rights, and that fund is vitally important to the overriding long term objectives of the Trust, to protect the future of professional football in Swansea. Although it is my sincere hope we can live in relative symbiosis with our current and future owners and that fund is not needed for a long long time.
Four Four Two article on 11:50 - Feb 15 with 2067 viewsicecoldjack

Four Four Two article on 11:32 - Feb 15 by chad

As you are aware you were not the only one beating that drum, even after being silenced on this website.

However that does not mean the Trust as a body forfeits it’s legal rights, and that fund is vitally important to the overriding long term objectives of the Trust, to protect the future of professional football in Swansea. Although it is my sincere hope we can live in relative symbiosis with our current and future owners and that fund is not needed for a long long time.

No he isn't. One thing both me and the Res have always agreed on was how the trust failed in its primary task of protecting the club and being pro active not reactive.

Now, before people start jumping up and down and start saying they knew nothing, that is exactly my point, Swansea is a small place and no way did nobody know anything.

Huw and co. Fooked the club, the trust were not capable or didn't want to press the nuclear option of expoursure and we are now in the situation most sensible fans thought we'd be in once the hedge funders started to bleed us dry by design and incompetence .

The burning question is just how far we will fall and will we recover ? Difficult to say but my guess is that the yanks crunched the numbers of every possibility before buying into us, therefore they have for sure covered their down side.

I'm hopeful that we will have enough young talent to keep us in the championship in the next few seasons, as I don't see any decent wage earner being here after the next 2 transfer windows.
In an ironic way Jenkins buys in the youth set up may be just enough to steady us in the next few years while the club heals itself and the yanks sell us on after stripping the fixtures and fittings.

Don't be surprised to see the same people who sold us then buy us back and aim for redemption this time having the safety net of millions in the bank.

All so predictable and all so avoidable if those who said they were protecting the club and its future actually meant what they said.

We just support the team and pretty much hope for a small miracle or two and maybe enough talent to sell on while we rebuild again, think of the money we got for trundle that enabled us to move forward, those days are returning fast and a million quid will seem like the fortune it actually is once again.

STID
Login to get fewer ads

Four Four Two article on 11:52 - Feb 15 with 2066 viewsBadlands

Four Four Two article on 10:05 - Feb 15 by Jinxy

Yes, a sad but sobering read. If the Americans are smart (and that particular jury is out), then they will back 2 things - Potter and the Trust. Potter is ambitious, and he may well already have realised he holds quite a sway of power, so may well test their resolve especially once the financial cleansing has completed. The Trust? Well, they collectively only have the club's long term interests at heart, so why would you ignore them?

I think the article is slightly unbalanced by brushing over the restoration of the Swansea Way though, which for me is a joy to watch even when we lose. Mulder playing out repeatedly with me chewing my fingernails off tells me that the passing style is mandatory! Love it. Hold on to Potter for now, engage the Trust and we'll be back...

Second paragraph is spot soon Imo.

However I'm not convinced with your opening one.

I'm not sure Potter is that ambitious, if he were he'd have left Östersunds much earlier.
And, why would the American Consortium 'back' the Trust? What has The Trust done and what can The Trust do to take the club forward? From my distance it appears to be a negative or, at best, a benign presence.
As far as ownership is concerned The Trust is another consortium with shares Swansea City.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Four Four Two article on 12:36 - Feb 15 with 2033 viewsAngelRangelQS

That article ranges from utter nonsense to stating the obvious via making too simplistic arguments. At the end of the day, it is easy to pick a struggling ex PL team and write a "what went wrong?" article like that.

The whole bit about the Swans falling off the radar for people checking on last year's relegated teams is ridiculous, complete nonsense and based on nothing whatsoever. We are above Stoke and have a great chance to be in the FA Cup 1/4 finals. We are regularly featured on Sky and have attracted attention for some of our goals this season. Only "off the radar" if only watch the PL, maybe.

What the article fails to address is that we were massively punching above our weight year in, year out in that division. Had Huddersfield or Southampton gone down instead of us, we'd have had the 8th longest consistent stint in the division. Teams like us generally don't stay in that division for the long term.

Of course massive mistakes were made on the recruitment side but they're nothing unique to Swansea and I don't necessarily think the finger can be pointed solely at that. Mesa should have worked out, Baston should have worked out, Sanches should have worked out, A. Ayew should have scored a couple of goals last season. I don't think you can just say "they were bad players" because I don't think they are. Ultimately, though, we aren't the first side to find ourselves in this position and won't be the last.

I'd be far more interested in reading an article that takes a serious look at why it is so easy for clubs our size (and indeed far larger) end up in this sort of position on such a regular basis. Watch that Sunderland documentary on Netflix. It's not too far away from us.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:54]
Four Four Two article on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 1994 views_

Four Four Two article on 11:32 - Feb 15 by chad

I know I wasn't Chad, I know you tried as hard as anybody, as did Shaky and E20 at the time. I also know we were all banned from speaking out by the then Chairman of the Trust and owner of this site.

The then Chairman and unfortunately the current bloody Chairman. And a Chairman that continues to use this site for malicious propaganda and allows posters to victimise, taunt and intimidate posters.

I've spoken directly to him and several mods about this but it continues to happen.

Have you seen the email he sent out when beginning the militant group SCSA ??

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Four Four Two article on 12:54 - Feb 15 with 1979 views_

Four Four Two article on 12:36 - Feb 15 by AngelRangelQS

That article ranges from utter nonsense to stating the obvious via making too simplistic arguments. At the end of the day, it is easy to pick a struggling ex PL team and write a "what went wrong?" article like that.

The whole bit about the Swans falling off the radar for people checking on last year's relegated teams is ridiculous, complete nonsense and based on nothing whatsoever. We are above Stoke and have a great chance to be in the FA Cup 1/4 finals. We are regularly featured on Sky and have attracted attention for some of our goals this season. Only "off the radar" if only watch the PL, maybe.

What the article fails to address is that we were massively punching above our weight year in, year out in that division. Had Huddersfield or Southampton gone down instead of us, we'd have had the 8th longest consistent stint in the division. Teams like us generally don't stay in that division for the long term.

Of course massive mistakes were made on the recruitment side but they're nothing unique to Swansea and I don't necessarily think the finger can be pointed solely at that. Mesa should have worked out, Baston should have worked out, Sanches should have worked out, A. Ayew should have scored a couple of goals last season. I don't think you can just say "they were bad players" because I don't think they are. Ultimately, though, we aren't the first side to find ourselves in this position and won't be the last.

I'd be far more interested in reading an article that takes a serious look at why it is so easy for clubs our size (and indeed far larger) end up in this sort of position on such a regular basis. Watch that Sunderland documentary on Netflix. It's not too far away from us.

Wow....

What a post....

Superb. Seriously... Excellent points from start to finish.

Four Four Two article on 13:12 - Feb 15 with 1951 viewsUxbridge

You make some good points but then follow it up with some absolute toot.

Revenge? Nonsense. All of this is to do with the future of the club and the best interests of the Trust. Revenge is nowhere on the list. If it was, the last couple of years would have gone rather differently.

You want this resolved quickly? Read the Trust statement this week. This only gets resolved if the other parties properly engage. If they don't, the vote next month can only accelerate matters. Instead of blaming the Trust for that (and come on, you clearly are), look at who are the ones dragging this out.

Oh, and the article. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff. These sorts of articles never really scratch past the surface. Somebody really should do a case study of the last few years, it'd be fascinating stuff.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Four Four Two article on 13:24 - Feb 15 with 1914 views_

Four Four Two article on 13:12 - Feb 15 by Uxbridge

You make some good points but then follow it up with some absolute toot.

Revenge? Nonsense. All of this is to do with the future of the club and the best interests of the Trust. Revenge is nowhere on the list. If it was, the last couple of years would have gone rather differently.

You want this resolved quickly? Read the Trust statement this week. This only gets resolved if the other parties properly engage. If they don't, the vote next month can only accelerate matters. Instead of blaming the Trust for that (and come on, you clearly are), look at who are the ones dragging this out.

Oh, and the article. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff. These sorts of articles never really scratch past the surface. Somebody really should do a case study of the last few years, it'd be fascinating stuff.

The only one I'm truly blaming is Sumbler for the disgusting way he runs this site and uses it for Trust purposes, even recruiting from here.

He should be nowhere near the Trust but once again you all rally around your pals and cover up when needed.
And you can call it what you want but it looks like revenge to a lot of us from the outside.

Four Four Two article on 15:32 - Feb 15 with 1838 viewshobo

Don't think anyone can argue with a word of that. Excellent article
Four Four Two article on 15:56 - Feb 15 with 1800 viewsYossarian

Four Four Two article on 17:45 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

It’s a good article as it happens Mon.

Balanced on where it apportions blame and praise.

I agree with the overall assessment that we’re looking neither up nor down. Can’t see how anyone can really say anything different at the moment. I also agree with the assessment that outside us, no one much has noticed. It’s funny, but at times even we have forgotten that only this time last year we were pretty comfortable in our 7th year in the PL. Last night’s team bore so little resemblance to the past that it’s easy to forget it ever happened. Not much to show for it really (although I suspect there have been some nice new cars purchased on the back of it all by those that barely deserve a tuk tuk).

Good article and good precis. It makes you want to weep with anger and sadness all rolled into one. My contempt for Jenkins, Morgan and the other Judas' knows no bounds.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Four Four Two article on 15:59 - Feb 15 with 1789 viewsswan65split

Four Four Two article on 13:24 - Feb 15 by _

The only one I'm truly blaming is Sumbler for the disgusting way he runs this site and uses it for Trust purposes, even recruiting from here.

He should be nowhere near the Trust but once again you all rally around your pals and cover up when needed.
And you can call it what you want but it looks like revenge to a lot of us from the outside.

A pat on the head for that one.....a fecking cow pat, what a load of tripe. like a broken record, no wonder I feel like a Roman slave coming on here sometimes .
Get a life fffs.
Four Four Two article on 20:22 - Feb 15 with 1672 viewsZaxx

Four Four Two article on 15:59 - Feb 15 by swan65split

A pat on the head for that one.....a fecking cow pat, what a load of tripe. like a broken record, no wonder I feel like a Roman slave coming on here sometimes .
Get a life fffs.

Whilst I used to respect some of the football posts he used to post on here; somewhat at least as the were mildly entertaining and fairly objective, I have had to put the guy on ignore.
Not because I don't like him per se, even though he's (imo) obnoxious, threatening and bullying at times.I have never met the guy and perhaps he's ok, a nice chap?
But: However, because he's showing a huge amount of bitterness and bigotry (nothing new there isn't it!) (and has become very politicised recently, why is that now then?) I just can't be bothered any more, his opinions rile me and are insignificant and display an abundance of pettiness.
His constant personal attacks on Phil and Lisa in particular have become (in my opinion) beyond reproach and whilst some of them may have a modicum of significance (in his mind at least), he bores me more than any other poster here with his bull$$hit.

Times are hard in SCFC and I'm 100% behind any team that our manager selects .
I don't always agree with the team selection and I pray that we can continue to be competitive after the next couple of (transfer) windows. What I won't do though is engage with anyone who wants to drag any true supporter down into an abyss of melancholy and despondency regardless of the off field issues.
I'll still be there every week that I can, home and away supporting my team.
Feck him.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 20:24]
Four Four Two article on 20:27 - Feb 15 with 1651 viewsexiledclaseboy

Four Four Two article on 20:22 - Feb 15 by Zaxx

Whilst I used to respect some of the football posts he used to post on here; somewhat at least as the were mildly entertaining and fairly objective, I have had to put the guy on ignore.
Not because I don't like him per se, even though he's (imo) obnoxious, threatening and bullying at times.I have never met the guy and perhaps he's ok, a nice chap?
But: However, because he's showing a huge amount of bitterness and bigotry (nothing new there isn't it!) (and has become very politicised recently, why is that now then?) I just can't be bothered any more, his opinions rile me and are insignificant and display an abundance of pettiness.
His constant personal attacks on Phil and Lisa in particular have become (in my opinion) beyond reproach and whilst some of them may have a modicum of significance (in his mind at least), he bores me more than any other poster here with his bull$$hit.

I don't always agree with the team selection and I pray that we can continue to be competitive after the next couple of (transfer) windows. What I won't do though is engage with anyone who wants to drag any true supporter down into an abyss of melancholy and despondency regardless of the off field issues.
Feck him.

What an excellent post. Have an up arrow.

Poll: Tory leader

Four Four Two article on 20:38 - Feb 15 with 1625 viewsbonymine

Feck him.

This 100%.

T2C is the most sh1tstirring imposter on here and a puppet for the Sellouts with the primary objective of spouting so much lies and bullsh1t on here aimed at undermining the Trust and casting doubt and ‘mistrust’ amongst our ‘true fanbase’.

We have to stand up to these greedy, lying, manipulative Sellouts and their network of slimy, cowardly lapdogs and banish them once and for all from OUR Club.

‘You Greedy B@stards, We’ll See you in Court’.

STID....Together Stronger.

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Four Four Two article on 20:59 - Feb 15 with 1596 viewsFireboy2

All swans fans i speak to say that T2C is a bellend who is in bed with the sellouts, they absolute hate the yanks and especially the sellouts

Hopefully when the trusts deadline passes and the yanks dont turn up we will get the chance to vote and when we do it will be a landslide in favour of legal action
Four Four Two article on 21:02 - Feb 15 with 1591 viewsswan65split

Feck him.

I agree with you fully, bar for the first couple of lines.

You have expressed fully what this un educated fecking simpleton Taff could put.

I"d give you 3 up arrows if I could......but then again,

Four Four Two article on 21:47 - Feb 15 with 1537 viewsmagicdaps10

Feck him.

What a superb post and one that should be a sobering read for certain individuals.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:24 - Feb 15 with 1502 viewsjackrabbit

Four Four Two article on 12:36 - Feb 15 by AngelRangelQS

I posted a response to this but it was lost before I could post it. I can’t be arsed to type it all again.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 22:28]
Four Four Two article on 00:17 - Feb 16 with 1454 views_

Four Four Two article on 20:59 - Feb 15 by Fireboy2

All swans fans i speak to say that T2C is a bellend who is in bed with the sellouts, they absolute hate the yanks and especially the sellouts

Hopefully when the trusts deadline passes and the yanks dont turn up we will get the chance to vote and when we do it will be a landslide in favour of legal action

No offence though Teddy Bear, any Swans fan you meet will be the same green as grass as you are.

Jumping on the bandwagon post Premier league is all you've got. Must be about time before you drift off again somewhere soon eh?

The usual suspects ganging up once again haven't got a brain cell to rub between them and it's quite laughable really idiots commenting about bum chum Jenkins or being in bed with them when they probably hate my guts more than you lot could ever wish for

I was calling them all out for years and years when most of you were walking around the shops with your girlfriends and boyfriends on Saturday afternoons.

None of you can argue relevant points, you've got nothing apart from making shit up. No one gives a Fack about Sumbler's Trust propaganda website, certainly not the people who matter, who the Trust will never get close to.

Also the other funny thing, I get the odd thread of mine bumped back up, but I never seem to get all the times I've exposed the old shareholders in one capacity or another.

Everyone's afraid to pop their head out from the herd.... Baaaa...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024